Options

Breaking News from CNN

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Fallout wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    sure is nice to watch the republicans flail about in nigh-moribundity, though

I'm not one to do politics of "you fucked us when you were all powerful, so now we're going to fuck you back", but honestly...it's like the Republicans thought they didn't piss in the Democrat's cheerios for like 6 of 8 years under Bush. Same way the Democrats flipped them off under the Clinton admin. Same way the Republicans said "fuck off" under Reagan-Bush 1 for 12 years. It's a cycle of torment.

It's hilarious. Our elected officials are like children. Children with control of trillion dollar budgets, nuclear weapons, and our infrastructure. I only laugh to keep the fear from driving me insane.

this is why there's only one political group i support

http://www.vhemt.org/

hell yes

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    american race politics are so dense, with a thousand different eggshells to step on

like first you have the term reverse racism, which implies that applying racial stereotypes to white americans is somehow in a different category than when applying them to an asian american. as if non-whites are somehow more innocent than white people in regards to racism. you never hear about white on white racism, or black on black racism. it's when some social line is crossed that headlines are made.

Um no all "reverse racism" covers is minorities being racist against the majority. It's just plain racism. Nothing you said makes any sense. White on white racism? What?

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Butters wrote: »
    american race politics are so dense, with a thousand different eggshells to step on

like first you have the term reverse racism, which implies that applying racial stereotypes to white americans is somehow in a different category than when applying them to an asian american. as if non-whites are somehow more innocent than white people in regards to racism. you never hear about white on white racism, or black on black racism. it's when some social line is crossed that headlines are made.

Um no all "reverse racism" covers is minorities being racist against the majority. It's just plain racism. Nothing you said makes any sense. White on white racism? What?

yeah i had a point but i kind of just started talking

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    i wonder what kind of politics we'll have in a few thousand years as our descendants look back on us and go "heh oh man can you believe those cavemen??"

(probably exactly the same)

2000 years ago some dudes were doing democracy

Kovak on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

It's okay Meiss, you're in Canada; Everyone is white, and everyone hugs out their differences.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited May 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    i feel oppressed

Kovak on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »

It's okay Meiss, you're in Canada; Everyone is white, and everyone hugs out their differences.

Man we've got so many asians.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    the ever oppressed class of the white, straight, american man

Yeah I mean what about my rights. I demand access to the UNCF!

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    from what I gather about the comment these guys are pissing themselves about, all she was saying is that, as a minority who was not necessarily raised in well-to-do conditions, she might have a better grasp of certain judicial decisions than someone who grew up with money, and never had the negative stigma of being a minority

and I think that is a reasonable statement

She should be basing her decisions through knowledge of the law and interpretation of the US constitution. Not her background as a minority.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    i think i meant like british people calling irish people drunks

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    but they are, meiss

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »

You forgot to mention Christian.

The ever oppressed class of white, straight, Christian, American men.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    vsove wrote: »

like stupid amounts

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    but they are, meiss

black people have dark skin

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    from what I gather about the comment these guys are pissing themselves about, all she was saying is that, as a minority who was not necessarily raised in well-to-do conditions, she might have a better grasp of certain judicial decisions than someone who grew up with money, and never had the negative stigma of being a minority

and I think that is a reasonable statement

She should be basing her decisions through knowledge of the law and interpretation of the US constitution. Not her background as a minority.

since background has no connection or effect on the interpretation of the law and sense of justice

Kovak on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    vsove wrote: »

like stupid amounts

china is just straight up retarded in asians

Kovak on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Sotomayor is milquetoast moderate shit
    in fact this is also my feeling about the obama adminstration

Yeah he's moderately nationalizing the American auto and banking industries.

Butters on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    but they are, meiss

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albinism

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    die american auto industry die

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    the cycle gives us all a much more equal opportunity

Kovak on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Sotomayor is milquetoast moderate shit
    in fact this is also my feeling about the obama adminstration

Yeah he's moderately nationalizing the American auto and banking industries.
    hahahahah i wish i lived in your world

Chrysler was repo'd and handed over to the UAW and GM is probably next.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    he has been pretty moderate wishy washy on gay rights, indefinite detention, i know there's more

tfs help me out here

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm putting all my money into gold doubloons!

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    but they are, meiss

*GASP*

also anybody see those photos of Obama in his college years? Sweet jacket, brah.

obama_youth_08a.jpg

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think the main reason the Republican Party is in so much trouble right now is because they got spoiled under Bush II for six years, allowing him and helping him make some of the dumbest decisions politically for the past twenty-five years. And now that the fruits of their labor have paid off, they're surprised that many people don't like what they've done. Yeah, they're just acting like spoiled children because they had the entire world in their hand, they dropped it, and now they're irritated because someone else picked it up. They can't see that all of their problems are because they fucked up.

Now they're just flailing and screaming, looking for a foothold. They have no idea what they want, they have nothing to sell the American people, and they're so far off base from the credo the party was founded on "Low taxes, small government" they have no clue where to go from here. So, they bitch and they whine that Obama isn't holding their hand and they bitch and they whine despite the fact that they tried to character assassinate their own fucking candidate during the last election cycle.

Fucking idiots.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    republicans do a thing

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Zephyr wrote: »
    he has been pretty moderate wishy washy on gay rights, indefinite detention, i know there's more

tfs help me out here

He spoke moderately on gay rights from the get go and the Gitmo stuff has proven to be way more complicated than he thought. Also even though Pelosi's comments aren't being investigated it's clear there are a lot of national security issues he can't toss out the window as "failures of the previous administration."

Butters on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    but they are, meiss

*GASP*

also anybody see those photos of Obama in his college years? Sweet jacket, brah.

obama_youth_08a.jpg

This doesn't deserve to be BOP'd. Just look at his smug grin.

So much for the easy laid back days of college, Mr. Prez. We got work to do!

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    but they are, meiss

*GASP*

obama_youth_08a.jpg

I'll bet he's high on marijuana cigarettes.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    if you try marijuana you are likely to make 10% more than someone who does not

Kovak on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Kovak wrote: »
    if you try marijuana you are likely to make 10% more than someone who does not

Not to mention a chance at getting a job leading the free world.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    if you smoke weed there is a 3 out of 44 chance you could become an american president

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »

You forgot to mention Christian.

The ever oppressed class of white, straight, Christian, American men.

they don't get cool holidays

they don't deserve them

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Bleh, that sneaker article is still showing up as "Latest News" :P

JoeUser on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009