Options

[360] 1 vs. 100 Beta: Married to the Mob

• Options
    Nik HuzeNik Huze Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Was in the Mob again today and I would have won the Feeding Frenzy game and 400 MS points if this wasn't beta. Very cool.

Anyone else notice alot of repeat questions especially on Extended Play?

Nik Huze on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I've noticed two or three.

I've also noticed I haven't been selected for either...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Anyone playing tonight? Just joined the extended play for the first time, wanna see if I've missed the boat.

Goose! on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    A season pass might just let us skip ads but, I would say that if they are going to charge me, that each person who pays need a shot at being in the mob or the one, otherwise people are going to feel screwed.

Wait- if they charge for it wouldn't it be gambling at that point?

I think they get around that because it's a game of skill rather than chance. I think that's how online sports books operate, and how online poker would like to.

It'd be nice if they had a west coast game too, instead half the extended plays are over before I get home. Even worse for Hawaiians, but they get to live in Hawaii.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    BubbaT wrote: »
    A season pass might just let us skip ads but, I would say that if they are going to charge me, that each person who pays need a shot at being in the mob or the one, otherwise people are going to feel screwed.

I think they get around that because it's a game of skill rather than chance. I think that's how online sports books operate, and how online poker would like to.

It'd be nice if they had a west coast game too, instead half the extended plays are over before I get home. Even worse for Hawaiians, but they get to live in Hawaii.

The problem with that is, Your not guaranteed a spot in the mob or to be the one. So I don't see how it isn't chance in the first place.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    BubbaT wrote: »

The problem with that is, Your not guaranteed a spot in the mob or to be the one. So I don't see how it isn't chance in the first place.

It would also potentially skewer the results to pick Right Coasters who can play in the 'extra' West Coast games.

I suspect that the reason why some people have extremely low answer times is that either that's the biggest measuring stick for being chosen, or it's just the easiest one to do correctly. Keep spamming X, everything else be damned.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    GunstarGunstar Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i have no clue how people are getting these scores early on. are some people ahead in the question line? there's no reason i can see why i answer the first four questions instantly, correctly, and someone would have 2000 more points than me

Gunstar on
    greencall.gifredfist.gif
    Xbox : gunst4r
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So I just downloaded this. This guy talking is real? And is talking now? Coolness.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hey neat, I'm in the mob. And I'm under the big screen. Neat.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Hey neat, I'm in the mob. And I'm under the big screen. Neat.

i thought we were friends on the lives. or that might have been back for oxbox. add me!

Gunstar on
    greencall.gifredfist.gif
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    so is it live right now or is it just extended play?

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    If it's on now, then it's just Extended Play. The Live show just ended.

I was also in the Mob tonight. I hadn't played since last Sunday's Live show. So, no clue about why I was selected.

I did notice something just before... The first spot under the jumbotron blanked empty right before I found out I was in the Mob. It's the position that I'd presume everybody sees in Extended Play. I'd guess the other Mob slots are chosen at random from all three and just filled in accordingly.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You know what I would like to see in the final version.

Having your current rank displayed in Extended Play. I hate having a high score but not knowing if I'm in the top 100.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Given how the scores can be separated, you may still not be in the top 100.

What I want them to stop doing is if you use a skip, that it doesn't count as a wrong answer on the accuracy percentage.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So Chris said there would be a major announcement at an upcoming game. I presume it will be when the game starts for real. Can't think of what else would be considered major.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Gunstar wrote: »
    i have no clue how people are getting these scores early on. are some people ahead in the question line? there's no reason i can see why i answer the first four questions instantly, correctly, and someone would have 2000 more points than me

I wonder this as well.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

I wonder this as well.

Addressed during the Live show by Cashman, they know it's a glitch, they want you to know that's why there's a beta.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

In the live show Friday night, more than once the top 10 scores would look like this 2 questions into the round:

SomeDouche 10,830
    AnotherDouche 10,820
    ReasonableScore 2,970
    NextGuy 2,969

And so on. Either there are some major bugs in the scoring system, or people have figured out how to hack high scores.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    EvilBadman wrote: »

I wonder this as well.

Addressed during the Live show by Cashman, they know it's a glitch, they want you to know that's why there's a beta.

I eventually started playing on mute with some music. I could only take so much "did you know that an elephant poops...."

But thanks, I got the feeling that was the case.

Gunstar on
    greencall.gifredfist.gif
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hedgethorn wrote: »

In the live show Friday night, more than once the top 10 scores would look like this 2 questions into the round:

SomeDouche 10,830
    AnotherDouche 10,820
    ReasonableScore 2,970
    NextGuy 2,969

And so on. Either there are some major bugs in the scoring system, or people have figured out how to hack high scores.

There are some people ridiculously good at trivia but I would bet that some people are hacking as well. People hacked Texas holdem. I really do despise online cheatery.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    This Primetime gaming thing game has so much potential, but if it's already being hacked, then count me out. I suppose they can probably tell who is cheating, and not ever award that person prizes or choose them as The One, but hackers always find a way, it seems.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    How can you not know CM Punk won Money In The Bank twice in a row? Arg.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »

Not everyone is a Smark. :)
    He also won with both Cash-ins, and Edge has been involved in EVERY MITB

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

I can get that right, but I put Bush as the 44th president. D:

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

How can you forget that HillaryIs44?

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

SomeDouche 10,830
    AnotherDouche 10,820
    ReasonableScore 2,970
    NextGuy 2,969

There are some people ridiculously good at trivia but I would bet that some people are hacking as well. People hacked Texas holdem. I really do despise online cheatery.

Yeah, if it wasn't clear, my example was meant to demonstrate that, on Friday night, early in each round there were two or three people who had far more points than was mathematically possible. (It's harder to keep track later in the round, but early on it's easy to tell when someone has 10k more points than is possible.)

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

How can you forget that HillaryIs44?

Large quantities of liquor and prayers to god.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    algorhythmalgorhythm Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My girlfriend and I were #6 last night after the first couple of questions.

Apparently people send friend requests to those people because right after that popped up I got 2 requests.

D:

algorhythm on
    terrible.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    algorhythm wrote: »

Apparently people send friend requests to those people because right after that popped up I got 2 requests.

D:

Maybe friend request and then you will play with them and they will piggyback on when you pick your answer.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

D:

Maybe friend request and then you will play with them and they will piggyback on when you pick your answer.

I noticed a lot of people doing that to me the other night. Fair enough since I did the same with pop-culture questions.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »

D:

I noticed a lot of people doing that to me the other night. Fair enough since I did the same with pop-culture questions.

Yea, there are definitely times where I don't know the answer and wait to see what other people pick.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm good on everything but sports myself. Not to mention they ask a lot of soccer questions and the only soccer trivia I know is that Pele is king of the soccer field.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    AC MILAN GOD DAMNIT

They asked 3 video game questions and they were all brutally easy.

1) Alyx Vance is the heroine of Half-Life 2

2) Zelda is the video game series involving Tri-Forces and Hyrule

3) Castle Crashers was the 2008 XBLA GOTY

Phhhhh

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    AC MILAN GOD DAMNIT

They asked 3 video game questions and they were all brutally easy.

1) Alyx Vance is the heroine of Half-Life 2

2) Zelda is the video game series involving Tri-Forces and Hyrule

3) Castle Crashers was the 2008 XBLA GOTY

Phhhhh

Thought it was Braid, lol.

Also, either some wonkiness occurred tonight or when I tried to join your party, they were a bunch of fuckheads.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    So, do we have any idea how the non-Beta prizes will work?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    You mean how they're awarded? I'd guess a valid e-mail attached to the winning account. All they have to do is send out codes.

Does anybody know if they have said anything about rules like how often you can be in the Mob or even the One and actually claim the prizes? That mutantdog123 pops up alot in the top 3 list. Just how many copies of Interpol can one person win?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    They are going to actually start giving out points and arcade games july 10th.

Zephos on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Zephos wrote: »
    They are going to actually start giving out points and arcade games july 10th.

Was that Chris's 'big announcement'?

He teased it, but I must have missed what it was.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    yeah that was the "big" one.

Zephos on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Does that mean that's an official launch, or just that the beta will have real prizes?

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!