Options

The Phalliad: Hades

• Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    And they can block our kill one time.

And we do it again the next day. We're going to have to vote every day no matter what, just to make sure the dead spies can't kill with impunity.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It would be so awesome if Eri could tell us all she knows, and then one of us got resurrected, and was therefore able to share that information with the living. A list of all the loyal hoplites is just as valuable as the name of another spy, since it would remove many unnecessary suspicions and wasted vote kills.

EDIT: Er, nevermind, if the spies might get more than one kill. I guess she should be rezzed, if anyone.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    (i vote nerissa for sleepination.)

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think we have it worse down here now that I think about, since the goal is to get the spies, but by getting more spies down here, we are giving them more power in a way. Ehhh I gotta think some things over for a bit.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Motherfuck. Shouldn't have been so public with the keeping of the records and whatnot. Fat lot of good it did me.

Locus on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    I think we have it worse down here now that I think about, since the goal is to get the spies, but by getting more spies down here, we are giving them more power in a way. Ehhh I gotta think some things over for a bit.

But we know 1 of the 2 down here already. 1 unknown spy out of 20 is far superior in number advantage to 5 unknown spies out of 40.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

The Hoplites down here will always vastly outnumber the spies.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Since we are going to have to make some kills, we should probably start thinking of names. The not-yet-dead are talking about Johannen, visiblehowl, and Squashua. Of those three, the only one I suspect at all is visiblehowl. I would suggest precisionk and Elendil as two more possibilities. precisionk is pretty obvious, I hope, and Elendil is posting far less frequently than he typically does in a Phalla.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    BunyipBunyip Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    Its two different abilities, as a whole we have the ability to vote someone to have their soul sucked. The spies have an addition one-time power to kill someone of their choosing.
    OK, yeah, that should have been obvious, sorry.

I guess the fact we're all hoplites probably indicates we were all chosen by the spies and the 19th person is tofu, a spy. Unless the spies knew this was going to happen?

PS: We should totally make fun of the people in the other thread while we're down here. Stupid livies!

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The battle for Phallia had scarcely begun, and soon the Earth would tremble.

Does this worry the hell out of anyone else? I foresee more rule changes and massive swings in the game.

Edit: Thorgot and Gundam, Saburbia means that killing spies will give them more powers(AKA one-shot kills and blocking) not more power(over the vote).

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    So that squash guy is the only one not down here who openly kept records of the votes/

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Bunyip wrote: »
    Its two different abilities, as a whole we have the ability to vote someone to have their soul sucked. The spies have an addition one-time power to kill someone of their choosing.
    OK, yeah, that should have been obvious, sorry.

I guess the fact we're all hoplites probably indicates we were all chosen by the spies and the 19th person is tofu, a spy. Unless the spies knew this was going to happen?

PS: We should totally make fun of the people in the other thread while we're down here. Stupid livies!

I think we should call them fleshies.

EDIT: You may be on to something there, Saburbia. On the other hand, do we really want him down here?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    We know Cass is a spy for sure and it seems highly likely that Tofu was one as well. Besides, once we get to the point where we have 4 or 5 spies down here we'll likely have a lot more hoplites here as well. Plus, we can know that certain hoplites (those who die on a day where no spies do) are innocent, and give more weight to those people.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Since we are going to have to make some kills, we should probably start thinking of names. The not-yet-dead are talking about Johannen, visiblehowl, and Squashua. Of those three, the only one I suspect at all is visiblehowl. I would suggest precisionk and Elendil as two more possibilities. precisionk is pretty obvious, I hope, and Elendil is posting far less frequently than he typically does in a Phalla.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking, with the exception of Elendil, but I think that's a good catch.

Also, the fact that Squashua kept records and is still alive is pretty convenient, I agree.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I'm highly of a mind to take out Squashua if the fleshies don't do it tonight. Half of his posts make it seem he's in a state of hysteria, and he's acting a lot like he did in the councilor phalla where he was a rogue. Plus, Saburbia's point about him being an open record keeper who's still alive.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    EDIT: You may be on to something there, Saburbia. On the other hand, do we really want him down here?

Well it would be a price to pay I guess.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    MrBlarney kept records too. Elendil helped build the case against Cass, but I guess he's still a possibility. I want to hear what tofu has to say!

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Edit: Thorgot and Gundam, Saburbia means that killing spies will give them more powers(AKA one-shot kills and blocking) not more power(over the vote).

You're right, I need to go over the mechanics of Hades again.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    MrBlarney kept records too. Elendil helped build the case against Cass, but I guess he's still a possibility. I want to hear what tofu has to say!

Well MrBlarney, I don't even recognise the game, maybe it means I didn't keep that much attention. However I did notice squash being the most active with vote records and is still alive. Now I think about it using the cover of keeping votes would be good for a spy, since no one targets them (besides the bad guys).

However I sound like we need to get him as fast as possible, I'm just opening the first option of who we should look into.

Edit: Yea Lost Son got what I meant, it is going to be more difficult for us here since the people who are still alive do not know about all these extra rules. Like what happens up there is the opposite for how we view it down here almost. Specials dieing give us power while spies dieing give them more power, in a way.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So, how were the dead chosen? Was it random, or did the spies get 18 kills?

Also, if the spies got 18 kills, tofu must have been a spy. They didn't kill one of their own.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Here's who is dead (I keep forgetting):

Dread Spyrate Cassandra
    Tofu
    Smasher
    Tuxkamen
    Saburbia
    Elkamil
    Gundam
    Bunyip
    Plutonium
    DarkPrimus
    Locus
    FunkyWaltDogg
    TehSpectre
    thorgot
    DevoutlyApathetic
    Last Son
    Nerissa
    Lady Eri
    FarseerBaradas

Eri, why did you say that Saburbia would likely be dead if you were Athan? Did he get bandwagoned at some point?

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Here's who is dead (I keep forgetting):

Eri, why did you say that Saburbia would likely be dead if you were Athan? Did he get bandwagoned at some point?

O_o bwah?

Also I should point out I'm player C squash talked about earlier today in the living thread.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Edit: Yea Lost Son got what I meant, it is going to be more difficult for us here since the people who are still alive do not know about all these extra rules. Like what happens up there is the opposite for how we view it down here almost. Specials dieing give us power while spies dieing give them more power, in a way.

The living are allowed to read the first two Jeffe posts in this thread, so they should know what's going on with our game mechanics. I'm gonna check to see if he's mentioned it in the living thread, and if not ask him to CP it over there or let them know they can read those two posts or something.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    O_o bwah?

Also I should point out I'm player C squash talked about earlier today in the living thread.
    Before we all DIED, Eri said
    If I was Athan, you and Rygar would be dead, and the only reason Saburbia wouldn't be dead would be because everyone had decided to hold off on their burning hatred to first stake Johannen and Darkprimus who would have been revealed to be insane or spies by our good samiritian and trusted leader Cassandra. Lady Eri would have 3 posts, all votes.
    to Squashua. Your name kinda came out of left field for me there. If you were Player C, maybe that makes sense.

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Smasher wrote: »

The living are allowed to read the first two Jeffe posts in this thread, so they should know what's going on with our game mechanics. I'm gonna check to see if he's mentioned it in the living thread, and if not ask him to CP it over there or let them know they can read those two posts or something.

Ehh than it's going almost to be a power struggle, we don't care about killing spies and only Athan, plus its a bonus for us having a special die.
    Where it's a complete opposite for them almost.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    O_o bwah?

Before we all DIED, Eri said
    If I was Athan, you and Rygar would be dead, and the only reason Saburbia wouldn't be dead would be because everyone had decided to hold off on their burning hatred to first stake Johannen and Darkprimus who would have been revealed to be insane or spies by our good samiritian and trusted leader Cassandra. Lady Eri would have 3 posts, all votes.
    to Squashua. Your name kinda came out of left field for me there. If you were Player C, maybe that makes sense.

Was that in the thread in public? Who's saying it? I'm lost on why people would bandwagon me if I was barely in the network, and the only person I knew who was in it was Johannen.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Roaming the streets, waving his mod gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited March 2007
    To answer some questions that have been raised:

- The one-time kill that the spies of Hades get is unblockable, just like the daily kill that you all will vote on.

- The spies were allowed to pick five people to kill. The other 13 were randomly chosen.

- If the staff is in the hands of someone who is killed by the vote down here, it goes to a random hoplite. If it's in the hands of someone killed by a spy of Hades, it goes to a random spy.

Shit, it just occured to me that I'm probably going to be answering all of these questions twice. :)

edit: Also, specials down here have no abilities personally. You're all equal, now. The abilities granted will be passive in nature, and will affect the group. If a special is reincarnated, he gets all of his abilities back on the surface, but you will lose any power that you gained while he was down here. For example, Bob the Oracle dies, comes down here, and suddenly Oracles are immune to vigilante kills. Bob gets resurrected, he gets his Oracle powers back, but now Oracles are no longer immune to vigilante kills. (Note: Not an actual power.)

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Ehh than it's going almost to be a power struggle, we don't care about killing spies and only Athan, plus its a bonus for us having a special die.

Well, we win if we kill all the spies just as they do, so it's not at all a power struggle. Our job becomes harder if their's becomes easier, and if they lose specials, our job becomes easier.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Well, we win if we kill all the spies just as they do, so it's not at all a power struggle. Our job becomes harder if their's becomes easier, and if they lose specials, our job becomes easier.

Thing is we don't want to kill spies, just Athan, which is kinda contradicting itself but still. It's more of a loss of killing a spy than a normal hoplite for us basically.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Thing is we don't want to kill spies, just Athan, which is kinda contradicting itself but still. It's more of a loss of killing a spy than a normal hoplite for us basically.

We win if all the spies are dead... Killing a single spy makes it harder, killing them all wins the game. I shudder to think the awesome powers Athan will have once dead.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I was always under the impression that once Athan was down we win. *shrugs*

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    FYI precisionk just came out in support of "spreadsheet boy" which I'm going to assume means Squashua. So if we are going with the theory that one or the other is a spy, it means the other might be too. The post in question:
    precisionk wrote: »
    As I am way too tired to think up of a list of potential suspects, someone needs to do so. Do we still have the spreadsheet boy? I hope so, because that man is worth his weight in gold.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Was that in the thread in public? Who's saying it? I'm lost on why people would bandwagon me if I was barely in the network, and the only person I knew who was in it was Johannen.
    Sorry, it's here. I didn't understand that either, which is why I'm asking.

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

We win if all the spies are dead... Killing a single spy makes it harder, killing them all wins the game. I shudder to think the awesome powers Athan will have once dead.

Well since Hades(the god) is pissed off at Athan enough to allow us to drag his soul down into hades(the realm) Athan might not get a power at all.

Also, I totally suspect Frosteey is reading this thread. He's voicing stuff in the living world 5-10 minutes after its voiced down here.

And whats up with the thread being locked for a second there?

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    FYI precisionk just came out in support of "spreadsheet boy" which I'm going to assume means Squashua. So if we are going with the theory that one or the other is a spy, it means the other might be too. The post in question:
    precisionk wrote: »
    As I am way too tired to think up of a list of potential suspects, someone needs to do so. Do we still have the spreadsheet boy? I hope so, because that man is worth his weight in gold.

Also, I just had an idea. What if we vote the same person the living do? Does that count as one, unblockable kill?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    FYI precisionk just came out in support of "spreadsheet boy" which I'm going to assume means Squashua.
    I'm pretty sure spreadsheet boy is MrBlarney. He posted an updated sheet, too, which I was starting to look at more closely but now that we know 13 of us died randomly it doesn't really tell us anything, unfortunately.

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Sorry, it's here. I didn't understand that either, which is why I'm asking.

Yea I don't really get what she meant by that post.

Also I think if it ever showed that a person was cheating, they should get their soul consumed by hades and kicked out. Just saying.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Haha holy fuck, best game mechanic ever. At least a bunch of you assholes who voted for me went down with me.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    tofu wrote: »
    Haha holy fuck, best game mechanic ever. At least a bunch of you assholes who voted for me went down with me.

I'm fairly certain tofu has just confirmed his spyitude.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    tofu wrote: »

:P

So umm, mind telling us who the spies targeted to die for last night? Just curious.

Look Out it's Sabs! on