Options

[PHALLA] Okami - Game over, Orochi victory!

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    did we lose yet?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    ArkasArkas Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Probably.

:<

Arkas on
  • Options
    KeikaKeika Delectable tea, or deadly poison? Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    naporeon wrote: »
    Keika wrote: »
    Funny you should ask, naporeon, but yes, I have been drinking... gotta love a good rum and coke. :P

If you show up as non-evil, then I was wrong. I'm just going off what my gut tells me, and what my gut is telling me is that it's incredibly suspicious that dune shows up not 5 minutes after I call him out, and then you jump right in to defend him.

@Arkas: It's difficult to say incriminating things when I'm not a criminal.
    Hahaha...my gut told me you'd had a couple. Heh.

As for your reasoning, fair enough. But I was playing in Dune's phalla, and I'm pretty sure that's why he's been busy. Of course, I don't know if he's good or bad here, just that I'm a good 'lil vanillager.

*nods*
    I do tend to get more chatty when under the influence. In fact I think this ranks as one of the single longest conversations I've ever had in phalla.

I didn't realize dune was running a phalla until now, so I guess that would explain it, but it does nothing to clear him... I guess we'll have to see.

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
  • Options
    ShiranuiShiranui Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    And fittingly, one last fuck you from the forums as a sendoff.

Shiranui on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Orochi stood before the village, his three remaining heads roaring with bloodlust. Only two gods stood before him now: Moegami, the God of Inferno, and Tsutagami, the God of Greensprout. He sensed that his victory was at hand.

Moegami and Tsutagami threw themselves against the beast with all of their remaining strength, but it was not enough. The endless battling had worn on them greatly, and the loss of their fellow gods even more. Orochi's three heads struck together, once, then twice, and the last of the Brush Gods fell.

He stood in the middle of the torn-up plain where the drawn-out battle had taken place, and paused to revel in his own might. The gods would return eventually, of course -- that was what made them gods, after all -- but he would return to his former strength by then, and they would be as gnats to him.

He stood over the cowering villagers. Perhaps he would allow them to return to the yearly sacrifices of old. Perhaps he would simply destroy them for daring to subvert his reign. The choice was his, and he would terrorize Nippon for hundreds of years to come.

In Kamiki Village, up on a mountain path, there was a small shrine. In front of this shrine was a statue of Shiranui, the savior of old. It stood motionless, just as it had for decades, but the flowers that grew at its base withered and died, as if the very earth beneath it despaired.
    Game over! Orochi victory!

The dead, day 8:

naporeon - Lesser Spirit
    Faynor - Lesser Spirit

The dead, aftermath:

Arkas - Moegami, the God of Inferno
    dunedainjedi - Lesser Spirit
    Keika - Tsutagami, the God of Greensprout
    Zandracon - Lesser Spirit
    Zellpher - Lesser Spirit

(while the village still outnumbered the evils 5 to 4, it was mathematically impossible for them to win at this point)

The remaining victors:

Darian - Fourth Head of Orochi
    Dunadan019 - Orochi's Hatred
    psolms - Third Head of Orochi
    warban - Seventh Head of Orochi

Shiranui on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So Psolms was in fact evil, as was warban and Darian.

DAMN MY SHITTY POWER.

... Quick cheez, post role PMs before the forums explode again!

Arkas on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Which one of you Frakkers killed me...I had a cool ability...

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Arkas, you went 3 for 4 on targeting baddies, but the one you killed was Kay, the villager. After that, there really wasn't anyone weak to Inferno. Bum luck.

Shiranui on
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    wait, why did the game end? did they have a 5 person confirmed network? if not, we could have still won... we didnt lose anyone tonight...

edit: hahahaha reading comp fail.

we did win. guess it would help if i knew the source material.

psolms on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The forums are the devil! Time for another round. This one's on me. :)

Damn it all... this ruins my record. Looks like we were on the same side, naporeon (and Arkas). What really sucks is that no matter who I contacted (in the network) they managed to die before I ever heard back.

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    And on a related note, village MVP was oaklore, who killed two of Orochi's heads with his 1/8 vig power. He also didn't kill any good-aligned players.

Shiranui on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Awww, phooey. I was fairly oblivious for most of the game, though, I had no idea who was good or bad haha.

Thanks for the game though cheez!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Arkas, you should have told me who to kill.

I kinda sucked this game, but also was in a network with 1/2 a player (because Gumpy was either never on or never responded) and yeah my aim sucked.

Still lots of fun, though. In the end a combination of bad luck and organization, which you know, is the nature of this game.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Which one of you Frakkers killed me...I had a cool ability...

My team killed you while I was off playing board games in DC. With you. <_<

Darian on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You don't know how much time I spent combing over post histories in the last 24 hours, fearing that the vig and the vote would actually kill a bad guy and then I'd unbalance the game by miraculously killing a villager.

Arkas on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Boards, but CJ will need to unlock them.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    This game was pretty much a poster child for apathetic villages.

Shiranui on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Eipnoom was the only baddie I hit, unless you count the God-Eater which of course didn't kill him.

At least the villagers I hit were just lesser spirits. Still, I was shooting blind. Sometimes I'm good at analyzing posts and figuring out the baddies. Not so much this game.

Also the constant forum gubbins frustrated me into not really trying sometimes.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah... the last two days in particular had EZ going crazy for no reason, then naporeon taking one for his team when they couldn't afford to miss again.

Darian on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I definitely suspected Darian, and Duna even more so, but Psolms and Warban flew completely under my radar.

Out of curiosity, who decided to axe my face?

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Shiranui wrote: »
    Forums made it so hard half the time to do anything :?...

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited July 2009

The forums were definitely a factor in that, I'd say. I know I would try to check during lunch at work, but half the time I couldn't get the page to load. Made it kind of difficult to stay involved.

edit: beat'd... but it still stands

Keika on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    if the networks wouldnt announce themselves, we wouldnt have been able to kill them

every time we killed network people, it was because they announced themselves. also, we had little samurai infiltrated early. well done samurai.
    Faynor wrote: »
    I definitely suspected Darian, and Duna even more so, but Psolms and Warban flew completely under my radar.

excellent. im glad.

my favorite was gently pushing the wagon off one of ours (i think fatalerror) and onto powerpuppies without anyone noticing. it was great.

psolms on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Faynor wrote: »

Dunadan. As hatred for the last while, he was calling most of the kills (if you actually hit Orochi's Hatred, one of the heads was chosen to become the new Hatred; Eipnoom was the first Hatred).

Darian on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    There did seem to be a major issue with network heads not being guarded, though, too.

Arkas on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    kime wrote: »

Yeah, I'm not blaming it on that entire. I mean apathy was part of it, though probably caused by suck horrible luck the first few days.

But it's true that when the forums are down more than half the time, you can't really organize or comb posts very well.

But alas this just seems like sore loser talk. I'm giving the 1/4 the victory to the forums, 1/4 to RNG luck the first few days, and 1/2 to the mafia :P

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh, yeah, and that whole samurai incident.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So which element was Dunadun actually weak to? I know I targeted him on Day 6, but he didn't die.

I'm curious from a mechanics standpoint....

Keika on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Good specials

Elemental Brush Gods (8): One of these for each of the eight elemental powers. They could each use their elemental attack once per day.

Other Brush Gods (3):

Kasugami
    You are Kasugami, the God of the Veil of Mist.

700px-Kasugami.jpg

Elemental type: none
    Elemental vulnerability: Waterspout

As one of the Brush Gods, you are all too aware that the tide of evil is rising. You must wield your power for the good of Nippon.

Victory condition: All evil factions eliminated

On odd-numbered days, you may target a player and cause their actions to be delayed until the next day. Their actions will still take place tomorrow even if they are killed today.
    On even-numbered days, you may target a player and cause any actions against them to be delayed until the next day.

Kabegami
    You are Kabegami, the God of Catwalk.

694px-Kabegami.jpg

Elemental vulnerability: Blizzard

As one of the Brush Gods, you are all too aware that the tide of evil is rising. You must wield your power for the good of Nippon.

You enjoy perching in high places. Each day, you may watch a player to see who they target.

Yumigami
    You are Yumigami, the God of Crescent.

600px-YumiGami.jpg

Elemental vulnerability: Galestorm

Once per day, you may bathe a target in moonlight and reveal one of their vulnerabilities.

Disciple of Yumigami (1)
    You are a Disciple of Yumigami, the God of Crescent.

600px-YumiGami.jpg

Elemental vulnerability: Inferno

While not technically a Brush God yourself, you have been a nocturnal spirit for so long that you have had ample opportunity to study Yumigami's technique as he paints the moon in the night sky. But one day, he vanishes from his usual territory, and you begin to hear whisperings of the awakening of an ancient evil. If Yumigami intends to fight this evil, you must help him.

You are adept in the Crescent technique. Once per day, you may bathe a target in moonlight and reveal one of their vulnerabilities.

Guardian Sapling (2, masons, guardians)
    You are part of a Guardian Sapling.

Elemental vulnerability: Thunderstorm

Long ago, two tree grew side by side, identical in size and majesty. Over time, their branches became intertwined, and then their trunks finally merged completely. You are one tree in this duality that is now venerated as a Guardian Sapling.

You are paired with your other half, Arivia.
    Each day, you may target a player and shield them from any elemental attacks. You may not target yourself or your partner.

(The other half of the Sapling protected against physical attacks.)

Sakigami's Apprentices (2, masons)
    You are an apprentice of Sakigami, the God of Bloom.

Elemental type: Greensprout

You and your fellow apprentice have studied in the ways of Greensprout under your Master's tutelage for many years. When you hear tales of an ancient evil stirring, you take up your brush and embark. You must prove yourself to your Master.

You are in contact with your fellow apprentice, Erich Zahn.

You are able to use Bloom on one target per day. If you use it on the right person, something good will happen.

(The good thing that would happen would be all lesser spirits gaining an extra attack. Also, this would enable the two mason pairs to join up.)

Named characters (2)

Sakuya (seer)
    You are Sakuya.

Sakuya1.jpg

Elemental vulnerability: none

You are the mother spirit of the Guardian Saplings that have protected the land of Nippon for so long. But evil is on the move, and the Trees cannot withstand the tide on their own. You must summon every ounce of your power to fight back.

Each day, you may target a player to determine their role and faction.

Waka (vig)
    You are Waka.

Waka.jpg

Elemental vulnerability: Galestorm

An ancient and enigmatic man, you have long fought alongside the Gods against the onslaught of evil. You have sensed the return of an ancient evil, and so you take up your mighty sword, Pillow Talk, and venture forth.

Each day, you may target a player to kill.

Lesser Spirits with Sunrise rather than an elemental attack (2)

Total: 20

Shiranui on
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    OH LOOK I WAS A VANILLAGER

Hey, does anyone know why Erich went insane and implicated some goods?

Did he have a seering power that got screwed with?

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I'm not sure what he was weak to as Hatred; here were our attacks/weaknesses:
    First Head[samurai]
    Type: Greensprout
    Vulnerability: Bomb

Second Head[Fatal]
    Type: Bomb
    Vulnerability: Waterspout

Third Head[psolms]
    Type: Thunderstorm
    Vulnerability: Slash

Fourth Head[Darian]
    Type: Waterspout
    Vulnerability: Galestorm

Fifth Head[dunadan; Eipnoom died as]
    Type: Blizzard
    Vulnerability: Inferno

Sixth Head[cj iwakura]
    Type: Inferno
    Vulnerability: Thunderstorm

Seventh Head[warban]
    Type: Galestorm
    Vulnerability: Greensprout

Eighth Head[Gorilla]
    Type: Splash
    Vulnerability: Blizzard

Darian on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    kime wrote: »

This was definitely a factor, and it sucked mightily.

But the number of people popping in, voting for whoever everybody else was, then leaving for the day made it rather easy for the evils to coast along and do the same.

Shiranui on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    naporeon wrote: »
    OH LOOK I WAS A VANILLAGER

Hey, does anyone know why Erich went insane and implicated some goods?

Did he have a seering power that got screwed with?

So, this was your first phalla with Erich, then, yes?

Darian on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Evils

Team Orochi (9)
    You are the First Head of Orochi, the Eight-Headed Serpent.

3689484812_0d2783b2e7.jpg

Elemental type: Blizzard

Old stories still tell of the days when you terrorized the cities of Nippon, demanding a yearly sacrifice of a beautiful maiden. However, you have lain dormant for nigh on 100 years, sealed away by Shiranui, who wielded the power of the gods. Now your seal has been broken, and your vengeance must be had against those gods.

Victory condition: Be the last faction standing.

How Team Orochi works:

There are nine of you on this team. Eight of you are designated as Heads, and one of you is Orochi's Hatred. Each Head has an elemental type and an elemental weakness, while the Hatred has neither.

Your team has one regular kill per day. In addition, each Head may make an attack of its elemental type. You may also set a new elemental type and weakness for a single Head each day, but these cannot overlap with other Heads, and a Head cannot be assigned a weakness of its own elemental type. Changes will take effect the following day.

Orochi's Hatred

Orochi's Hatred controls a separate kill that is classified as darkness-based. If Orochi's Hatred is killed, his player will show up on the list of dead players as one of Orochi's Heads, and that Head will become Orochi's Hatred. In other words, regardless of what order your team is killed in, Orochi's Hatred will be the last to die. If you wish, you may specify which Head you would like to die (and thereby, who will become the next Hatred) each time this happens.

Any player on your team may give orders for all of the Heads and the team-based kill, but Orochi's Hatred must be the one to send in the order for his kill.

Those who make up Orochi are Eipnoom, Dunadan019, psolms, cj iwakura, samurai6966, warban, Fatal3RR0R, Gorilla Salad, and Darian.

(Eipnoom began the game as Orochi's Hatred, then Dunadan moved in to take his spot when he was killed.)

Yami (1)
    You are Yami, the God-Eater

YamiTrue.jpg

Elemental type: None
    Elemental vulnerability: None

You have been called "The Emperor of Everlasting Darkness" and "Empty Death." Locked in an eternal struggle with Amaterasu, the Sun God, you seek naught but complete destruction. You have awoken from your slumber, and you now seek to prevent Amaterasu from awakening by obliterating the divine pantheon.

Your victory condition is to be the last player standing.

You have the following abilities:

Seerings against you have no effect. Each day, designate a target that any seering attempt against you will be redirected to.

You are immune to darkness-based attacks.

You have an elemental shield. You are not vulnerable to any elemental attack until the day after it has been used against you. On top of this, you will not die unless you sustain three simultaneous elemental attacks to which you are vulnerable.

Additionally, you are resistant to regular physical attacks as long as your elemental shield has at least three elements remaining. Sustaining a physical attack will remove three of your elemental defenses at random.

You are given exclusive knowledge that there is no Amaterasu role in this game. You will also be provided with several cover roles.

Each day, you have 30 ability points to spend on the following menu:

1AP: Toxify (distributes a random elemental weakness to target player)
    2AP: Elemental strike (attacks target player with an element of your choice)
    12AP: Kill
    18AP: Devour (unblockable kill against target, additionally recharges your elemental shield with target's elemental type if he has one)

Total: 10

Shiranui on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thought it was kind of funny while combing through post histories...

Most of the top posters died days ago. B:L had more posts than anyone remaining in the final days, and he died day 1.

Arkas on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Arkas wrote: »

Most of the top posters died days ago. B:L had more posts than anyone remaining in the final days, and he died day 1.

Yeah, that was another thing this game excelled at illustrating. Killing all the talkative players completely drains the interest from a game.

Shiranui on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    holy crap i would have used toxify 30 times every night if i was yami

maybe on 30 people each night... maybe just on 3 people to almost guarantee full elemental weakness on them...

i would have abused the hell out of the yami role.

psolms on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Arkas wrote: »

Yeah, that was another thing this game excelled at illustrating. Killing all the talkative players completely drains the interest from a game.

also makes mafia easy to hide.

psolms on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Here be the big spreadsheet, showing all the actions. If you want to know who killed you, or if you were responsible for so-and-so's death, it's all there.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoZsa_mN-UeUdGQ3X0ZNSWJxMzZqYkFDc3pxbExwX2c&hl=en

You will notice that my major fuckup was failing to notice that cj iwakura was supposed to die on Day 4, because oaklore hit him with Blizzard and he had gained a vulnerability to that from Delmain's Toxify back on Day 1. I noticed it mere seconds after I had posted the narration, but cj had already popped in and laid a vote down for kime. I decided it would be unfair to provide that confirmation of kime, so I pushed cj's death to the next day.

Sorry, oaklore! Looks like both my errors this game had to do with you. Hope you still enjoyed your first game.

Shiranui on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    psolms wrote: »
    holy crap i would have used toxify 30 times every night if i was yami

maybe on 30 people each night... maybe just on 3 people to almost guarantee full elemental weakness on them...

i would have abused the hell out of the yami role.

Day one: Toxify on 12 people, devour someone
    Day two: Toxify on 6 people, elemental strike on the 12 from yesterday

Rinse and repeat.

Darian on