Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've decided to put off my mini until whenever Jason/whoever runs a main says so. It'll probably be fairly low death count, anyways.

Bremen on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Jason Todd wrote: »
    Bremen wrote: »
    I'm indecisive. There are 10 people left in the Bioshock Phalla, so it will probably only last another day or two. Is there a potential next main runner I should ask before I start recruitment for a mini?

That's what I've been trying to figure out. My main is ready to go, but there are eleven people ahead of me and I've got no idea if any of them are ready to run.

I remember Bliss 101 popping back in recently to say he would try to run his game in early September, but don't remember anyone else say where they were in terms of readiness. As for Ardor and myself, we're still working through a few things and are probably going to push back to September as well at our current pace, in order to not conflict with PAX. Sorry for the delays.

I'd say that you should probably plan on going next, even if someone else in front of you is ready, even if someone else is ready, since there doesn't seem to be any indications otherwise.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Bremen wrote: »
    I've decided to put off my mini until whenever Jason/whoever runs a main says so. It'll probably be fairly low death count, anyways.

Breman, mine is gonna be a splatterfest, mind if I jump in line and start now then?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yes.

To elaborate, I asked Jason if he was ok with me starting my mini now, and he said he'd prefer I wait. I'm going to respect his wishes, and I think you should too.

Bremen on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, I have what appears to be the semblance of a main and would appreciate for someone to take a look at it for any glaring imbalances.

This is my first attempt at one and all, and I wanted to make sure I didn't screw anything up too badly.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Bioshock has ended. Next up.

!Sign me up to run Bioshock 2: Sea of Phallae

I'd also like to recommend to future hosts to delay the start of additional minis even further than I did. The day I opened up
    mini slots I saw a dramatic decrease in activity, and really that's lame.

I think people try to play in more games simultaneously than they can actually be active in, leading to more sheeping.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Exarch wrote: »
    I'd also like to recommend to future hosts to delay the start of additional minis even further than I did. The day I opened up
    mini slots I saw a dramatic decrease in activity, and really that's lame.

I think people try to play in more games simultaneously than they can actually be active in, leading to more sheeping.

I'd suggest that there's also a certain amount of role-shopping going on. "Oh, I'm a vanillager in this one but maybe if I sign up for a couple more I'll get a better role."

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    On the other hand, it really does suck to die early in the main and have no minis running. Perhaps a better idea would be to allow a mini to start every 2 days or something, and not let people who are alive in the main join it.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'd be willing to restrict my mini to only people not alive in any other games.

Bremen on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, I don't see why you should restrict a person from playing, maybe they want to play because the game is based off of something they really enjoyed.

If minis are a problem then maybe it should be brought down to 2 or 1 instead of 3 during a main, to keep people active in the main.

M.D. on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    When I get back from Florida to my home in San Diego, I am going to run a mini.

It will be:

Phinal Destination: How silly will your death be?

Rend on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The whole point of minis was so people that died in the main had something to do while it finished up. I don't think waiting a few days for people to die is a big deal. Also, be more strict on activity requirements for both mains and minis and it should help (reserves are your friend).

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I wouldn't mind seeing activity requirements raised a bit; two posts is nothing when you think about it.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm probably going to ask minis to hold off till day 2 or 3 of my phalla, presuming I'm running the next one (sent a PM off to Thorgot to find out what the haps are).

I hope you guys like autistic wizards.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm probably going to ask minis to hold off till day 2 or 3 of my phalla, presuming I'm running the next one (sent a PM off to Thorgot to find out what the haps are).

I hope you guys like autistic wizards.

DevoutlyApathetic was supposed to be implementing his new system but I haven't heard from him in a few weeks.

Unless someone speaks up, you can go next.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    presumably I've been skipped a few times, but I actually am still working on something.

Although the Veronica Mars one will probably have to wait, as what I have in mind is fairly complex and I'd probably kill myself trying to run it as my first phalla.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What's the word on weekend vs weekday sign-ups? Does one work better than the other?

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What's the word on weekend vs weekday sign-ups? Does one work better than the other?
    IME, activity drops like a rock on weekends. So weekend SIGN-UPS are not necessarily a bad thing.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    In fact they are a good thing!

edit: Tonight, good sir! Then maybe we can start Monday!

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sign-ups tonight, or tomorrow?

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'd say tonight.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm ready to feel that phalla host rush again.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    As requested, a D&D game is go.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2009
    Balefuego wrote: »
    presumably I've been skipped a few times, but I actually am still working on something.

Although the Veronica Mars one will probably have to wait, as what I have in mind is fairly complex and I'd probably kill myself trying to run it as my first phalla.

I got about halfway through laying out a Veronica Mars mini-phalla before I checked this and saw your name on it and was all maaaaaaan

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is there a current 'agreed' (honour system) waiting list on minis? I mean, I notice JT asked us to hold off a few days into his main, but have we got anything sorted out after that?

Also, from my experience (following the argument above) as long as activity requirements are rigidly pursued, then minis haven't really got too badly in the way of mains - of course there will be the odd special case where it goes wrong, but it seems as if we can as a community support the 1+3 thing. Additional waiting times, etc, that are rigidly followed seems mad - instead just do it has it has always been in the recent past and let the main guy have a bit of control.

Micro on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Micro wrote: »
    Is there a current 'agreed' (honour system) waiting list on minis? I mean, I notice JT asked us to hold off a few days into his main, but have we got anything sorted out after that?
    Depends on whoever's in charge of the main. Some say free for all, some develop an internal queue for the mini slots, etc. Some say signups can start as soon as their signups end, some ask for a day or two before starting, some even require SEVERAL days before starting.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Micro wrote: »
    Depends on whoever's in charge of the main. Some say free for all, some develop an internal queue for the mini slots, etc. Some say signups can start as soon as their signups end, some ask for a day or two before starting, some even require SEVERAL days before starting.

Minis starting within a couple of days of a main starting is a rather recent development, actually. >_>

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I told The_Reflection he could start his PAX mini tomorrow, as it's time sensitive. Bremen and Sigmund have also contacted me wanting to run games, so I'm giving them preference right now.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    My plan was to start my Deus Ex mini right after the day 3 narration of JT's main, letting all the dead sign up for it. If a different mini has just started I might postpone a day, though.

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Thanks Jason. Stick me down as an interested 'mini', and pm me if and when you're happy for me to start. Of course the chaps that got in touch first get priority.

Micro on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So there's a slot open now? Which of Bremen and Sigmund is going to take it?

Micro on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It hasn't even been two days...

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I meant when it starts up.

Micro on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm going to take it, probably tomorrow night.

Bremen on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Under Geebs' Renovate Graphic Violance Act 2009, I present to you a GV Phalla.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Man, you have no idea. Go for the complex one the first time. I was worried about that with the Dresden Phalla, and despite all the complications, i'm having a blast.

Verr on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So has anyone ever tried a multi-faction game where the factions start networked

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So has anyone ever tried a multi-faction game where the factions start networked

With the exception of games where there are multiple mafia factions, I can think of two cases off the top of my head. First is precisionk's phallisionk game - each faction (house) was known, and had an objective requiring the elimination of another public faction, but there was also a common mafia faction infiltrating all public factions. Second is iamtheaznman's Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Each faction attempted to overpower the other two, while also eliminating the spies infiltrating their own factions from the other teams.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
This discussion has been closed.