As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]wipe

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    And you can tell from that video what order they worked on things Matt? God, you are being such a retard right now.
    I see they worked on character modeling and decal application. I don't see a game there. I see nothing that tells me that's anything but a glorified Zwinky or something. It's PS Home with guns at this point, and PS Home sucks.

Are you being purposefully dense or what?

Yes, they have one video out that focuses on the customization the the game.

THAT MEANS THAT THERE CAN'T BE ANYTHING ELSE TO THE GAME GUYS. ANY VIDEO OF THE GAME MUST COVER ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME OTHERWISE THOSE ASPECTS MUST NOT EXIST.

Christ you are a dumb bugger.
    The first video they released was on skinning the character, and people jizzed all over it. That's what I'm talking about.

That said, I've watched the gameplay videos too. I'm still not impressed. GTA MMO, ok, so?

Do you just not like MMOs or something? Because being a shooter makes it automatically better than pretty much every MMORPG currently available. MMORPG gameplay is stale; anything that changes it up is a good thing.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    hey i am a totally upstanding citizen

you could take me home to meet your mother and she'd think i was a wonderful lay

Tav on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    But deep down inside you truly are a chipmunk raper.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    trust me, when i was 12 and we first got dial-up, i was so excited that i was talking to someone from kentucky online and it was so awesome look at what the internet can do

and they freaked out, almost got rid of the internet forever, just basically went ballistic over fear

I was going to say that you're safe in our hands, but then I thought...

Kakos

Drez

Pony

SE++

Here be monsters.

moniker on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009

you could take me home to meet your mother and she'd think i was a wonderful lad

"Here's my new friend, mom. He's awesome. Don't ask him about anything he's ever done."

Bogart on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    And you can tell from that video what order they worked on things Matt? God, you are being such a retard right now.
    I see they worked on character modeling and decal application. I don't see a game there. I see nothing that tells me that's anything but a glorified Zwinky or something. It's PS Home with guns at this point, and PS Home sucks.

THAT MEANS THAT THERE CAN'T BE ANYTHING ELSE TO THE GAME GUYS. ANY VIDEO OF THE GAME MUST COVER ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME OTHERWISE THOSE ASPECTS MUST NOT EXIST.

The first video they released was on skinning the character, and people jizzed all over it. That's what I'm talking about.

That said, I've watched the gameplay videos too. I'm still not impressed. GTA MMO, ok, so?

Do you just not like MMOs or something? Because being a shooter makes it automatically better than pretty much every MMORPG currently available. MMORPG gameplay is stale; anything that changes it up is a good thing.

champions online actually plays very differently than many other MMORPGs if you can hold it down and unfuck the control scheme

by default it plays like WoW in a cape

but i got it playing a lot like Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Pony on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

you could take me home to meet your mother and she'd think i was a wonderful lad who hallucinates about raping 13 year olds

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    This is why I like D&D:Online, I played the fuck out of beat em up games like Gauntlet Legends or Baldur's Gate (on console) as a kid. This lets me do that while making my own guy and playing with other people online.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Champions Online has very good combat but that's all it had so I got bored just like I got bored with City of Heroes.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    champions online actually plays very differently than many other MMORPGs if you can hold it down and unfuck the control scheme

by default it plays like WoW in a cape

but i got it playing a lot like Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Is there a free trial for it out of curiosity because that got me kind of aroused there.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

How does it change anything? You're shooting bullets instead of fireballs. You drive ricers instead of riding horses. It's still go here, kill these guys, get this loot. Or go here, stop these guys, protect this loot.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Seriously. Just hit your family with a limited profile.
    Yeah, I regret not doing that when they actually friended me a while ago, cause if I do that now then they'll be like WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO HIDE

my parents aren't on fb though, it's cousins and uncles
    So just don't tell them you did that...?
    I always thought that they would get an FB notification like "Sara put you on a limited profile!"
    Wouldn't that entirely defeat the point of having a limited profile?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I could go for some raping 13 year olds right now

I meant

I could go for some pizza right now

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

hakks i am going to say something rude to you and i am sorry in advance and remember that i do like you but

is the reason you appear to have absolutely no backbone with your parents entirely oriented upon your current financial dependency on them?

like is this sort of thing going to continue going once you no longer are reliant on their money?

please say no

because it would make me sad if you said yes

Ok I do have backbone, I'm just not smart about it :? If I didn't, and I were like my sister, I would be manipulative and successfully manage to make them believe i was an angel while going off and doing what I wanted.

Meanwhile, I get angry very easily with them, get into fights with them (often), tell them frequently that I can't stand living with them. I tell them all the time, i'm not muslim, i hate this house, and you guys are nuts, mom you need to go to a fucking therapist because you are bipolar, dad you need to stop being a secretive dick, etc

However, BECAUSE I am financially dependent, I'm not THAT idiotic to let them into parts of my life that would make them tighten the leash even more, like the fact that i like to date, that i drink, go to parties, smoke occasionally, and hang out with people they don't know on the internet

how on earth is that unreasonable

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    How does it change anything? You're shooting bullets instead of fireballs. You drive ricers instead of riding horses. It's still go here, kill these guys, get this loot. Or go here, stop these guys, protect this loot.

Because you actually have to aim bullets that can be dodged?

Have you just given up on thinking before you type today?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bogart wrote: »

you could take me home to meet your mother and she'd think i was a wonderful lad

"Here's my new friend, mom. He's awesome. Don't ask him about anything he's ever done."

In all fairness, my mum would hate him.

Then again there have only been two men in my life my mum didn't hate, and one of those I wasn't sleeping with and would never ever sleep with.

My mum has some odd paranoid fears when it comes to me and guys.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Champions Online has very good combat but that's all it had so I got bored just like I got bored with City of Heroes.

For me I got bored of City of Heroes cause at higher levels it was hard to get a good party, and all the quests are basically the same.

Then that custom quest making thing came out and it was like whoah its so easy to party. But then all anyone ever did was do farming missions. :/

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    I just posted on FB how much I enjoy killing the undead with my brother.

Weeee FB.

See, you couldn't post that sort of thing on my facebook, because some of my friends are the undead.

This would be even funnier if we were fb friends and you could see mine, because a bunch of my friends have their profile pictures from when they went to the zombieland premier dressed as zombies.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm just tired of MMORPGs that don't give you the ability to make any kind of impact on the world. If I can't change the world then why am I playing an MMO? I'll play Guild Wars or something if I just wanted to go on quests or shit with a handful of friends.

That's why I like EVE Online, because you can change the world.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm just tired of MMORPGs that don't give you the ability to make any kind of impact on the world. If I can't change the world then why am I playing an MMO? I'll play Guild Wars or something if I just wanted to go on quests or shit with a handful of friends.

Man I don't think I've touched my EVE in like a week.

Game is just too damn boring on the day to day stuff.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Are you really saying that a third-person shooter is the same as an RPG?

Really? GTA4 is the same game as, I don't know, pick an RPG.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Because you actually have to aim bullets that can be dodged?

Have you just given up on thinking before you type today?
    Man, totally worth buying it. They added dodging.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

hey now

did you know

i volunteer with the homeless

i donate blood

i used to work in a group home for troubled youths and the mentally disabled

i worked with a youth program to dissuade young men from lives of crime

i helped build 3 homes with habitat for humanity

i donate to amnesty international, the heart and stroke foundation, and the terry fox run

i saved a man's life this year!

i can present a very positive image when i so choose

Pony on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh god I just got the urge to play FFXI again out of nowhere.

Well, guess that means I should just kill myself.

It was a good run chat.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »

Then again there have only been two men in my life my mum didn't hate, and one of those I wasn't sleeping with and would never ever sleep with.

Was she expecting you to forsake all others and live with her as an in-home caregiver or something?

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hakks - I know what you mean with the fighting and not being clever. There's an entire area of my life that my dad and I don't talk about for precisely those reasons.

That said, Than's idea is good. They won't get a notice about you changing what they can access.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

It was a good run chat.

Its okay after reading darths & droids, its making me really want to play a pen and paper D&D game.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    itt mums are weird

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

It was a good run chat.

Noooo!

If I can live while loving to play Maple Story, you can survive an urge to play FFXI. :P

Though, to be fair, I don't think MS is crap.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Give me a good story and gameplay, then we'll talk about character customization.

Go fuck yourself.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have a pimple or something inside my nose. it's really terrible.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited October 2009

It was a good run chat.

Noooo!

If I can live while loving to play Maple Story, you can survive an urge to play FFXI. :P

Though, to be fair, I don't think MS is crap.

I almost lost a friend over FFXI.

Not in the regular way MMOs make you lose friends, because you are playing the game too much and you ignore them. Oh no.

I almost lost a friend because I convinced him to spend cash money on FFXI.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    matt you are moving the goal posts, son

you are like "who gives a shit about character customization, gameplay is what matters!"

and then people explain the gameplay to you and you are like "who cares! it's just like every other MMO!"

and then people tell you how it's not, and you get flippant

did MMORPGs beat you as a child, matt

you can tell me

i'm sensitive

Pony on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    Pony, I think you're awesome and have much <3 for you.

Bogart on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    that's pretty hilarious, inqui

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »

Was she expecting you to forsake all others and live with her as an in-home caregiver or something?

No. She had this very, very odd idea for a long time that the sequence of events would be

sleep with boy

drop out of Uni

become drug addict

die.

was never really sure why. I'm pretty sure that if I introduced here to some of my current male friends, despite the fact me and japan have been together for ages and I'm pretty career orientated, she would still have this as the sequence of events.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Hakks - I know what you mean with the fighting and not being clever. There's an entire area of my life that my dad and I don't talk about for precisely those reasons.

That said, Than's idea is good. They won't get a notice about you changing what they can access.

I think you guys are missing the point. I replied to some dude's post on her wall that she's got a crush on :P.

In which case I can understand her reasoning exactly.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Give me a good story and gameplay, then we'll talk about character customization.

Go fuck yourself.

Matt doesn't actually play any video games, he just bitches about them. None have impressed him since the Magnavox Odyssey.

Third-person shooter gameplay? Lame, all you do is press a mouse button and move your guy around.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Are you really saying that a third-person shooter is the same as an RPG?

Really? GTA4 is the same game as, I don't know, pick an RPG.
    As APB? It's pretty close yeah when you're playing online. It's not hard to play with the same group of friends and stick with the same character in GTA4 multiplayer. You're limited in game styles of course (well, sort of, playing freeplay you can come up with anything you want really), but aside from the expansiveness of APB there's not a whole lot different.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Man I don't think I've touched my EVE in like a week.

Game is just too damn boring on the day to day stuff.
    welcome to the Eve burnout

i got up to like tech 2 cruisers and stuff

and i was well on my way to rockin the cosmos

but then the day to day was just so boring. i eventually stopped playing

MikeMan on
This discussion has been closed.