As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BORDERLANDS] The Vault Hunter: Hero or Thrill Killer?

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    So last night I encountered a bug that annoyed me on some levels. Couldn't get the Rescue Claptrap achievement even though I did all the quests. Somehow I only got 36 slots yet I've done all the claptrap quests. Not sure if it has anything to do with finding the last claptrap after beating the game but GRRRrrrr

If it does it again on my Roland run I'll be every so cross *pouts*

The max slots is 36? I think I have 30 which probably means that I need 2 more clap traps... Hmmm good way to guage progress. Though I swear people claim there is one in skag gully I do not believe this!

No the max is 40 I think.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Axen wrote: »
    Well weapon proficiencies help but aren't super required to kill mans. And weapon skills again help, but if you go gunslinger you won't fumble the smg when it goes to fire, you just won't do as well as if you were using a pistol.

Indeed! Like I mention ealier in this thread (or theo ne before) I played as Mordecai, the sniper, but I ended up just shotgun'n people in the face to great effect for most of the game.

Basically the weapon bonuses each class gets are appreciated, but not required to kill mans.

There are earlier posts in thread? HELL YOU SAY!

Some characters are of course better at not worrying about weapons, like a brick or siren, but for the most part, use what you want.

Of course I look specifically for pistols because I'm not a bad ass gunslinger to bust out a fucking rocket launcher like some kind of uncultured heathen!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Cool tweaks from cool peroples
    So do any of these actually exist until I start a character or something?

I just changed all my controls and video settings, saved, then exit and it still isn't showing any fucking file.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Big Isy wrote: »
    So last night I encountered a bug that annoyed me on some levels. Couldn't get the Rescue Claptrap achievement even though I did all the quests. Somehow I only got 36 slots yet I've done all the claptrap quests. Not sure if it has anything to do with finding the last claptrap after beating the game but GRRRrrrr

The max slots is 36? I think I have 30 which probably means that I need 2 more clap traps... Hmmm good way to guage progress. Though I swear people claim there is one in skag gully I do not believe this!

Balls! Well there is psychotics problem he needs more clap traps!

Any word on if there is really a clap trap in skag gully? First one I recall finding is in sledge's hideout and I explore everywhere.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Fuck it. Ya'll may be a networking genius, but I'm apparently not. I've done everything every thread has said to and its still not fucking working.

Epic fail on me, and epic fail on GB for making a shitty port.

Decoy on
  • Options
    RecoillessRecoilless Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Can i get an invite to the steam group, please?

SteamName: Schmendrecks

Recoilless on
    Once a month women act the way men do all the time.
    -Robert A. Heinlein
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So... did anyone ever come up with fixes for being able to join people's games?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Why PC mourning, I've missed the last few days of the thread?

Then you probably saw the previous thread, it's moving so fast :lol:
    Everyone seems to be having trouble with getting co-op going on the PC aswell as the fact that it's all console-ified in terms of the interface. Then there's teh non-North Americans who can't play it until 30th but were expecting to play it today.

Define trouble, is it not working or is it just the hosting problem?

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Any word on if there is really a clap trap in skag gully? First one I recall finding is in sledge's hideout and I explore everywhere.

The Claptrap achievement is 42 inventory slots so there is at least that.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Verr wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    I am getting intense video stuttering. Poor 8800, you lasted me 2 years, but sadly, your time has passed.
    :? What kind of 8800?

8800 GTS, i'm playing on a LAN with my 3 IRL buddies, and i'll run for about 30 seconds, then freeze, then my character will continue running froward spraying bullets off a cliff. :? Trying to find a fix for it.
    The GTS, which I have, is a pretty sexy card. I daresay it's a driver issue, given the others who have chimed in earlier saying they're not having issues with theirs.

I'm still at work, so...

I'm reading a few other sites, and i'm getting all sorts of different reports. From the latest 191. drivers not working, to all of them being borked, to only the 173. drivers working.... It's all very confusing. I'm fairly sure that you're right, and it is a driver issue.

Nvidia's been screwing the pooch lately on driver releases. I've been sitting tight on the 186.18 drivers for a long while now, and hoping I don't have to patch up to play Borderlands. The latest 191.07 drivers apparently fry NForce200 based motherboards something awful, and even have been giving some non-NForce users considerable issues.

TetraNitroCubane on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh man this game is awesome

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    RecoillessRecoilless Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Does anyone else think that the elemental guns are the best thing since sliced bread.

Recoilless on
    Once a month women act the way men do all the time.
    -Robert A. Heinlein
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Docshifty wrote: »

Yeah its 42 slots which means either I...
    A) sold 2 of the SDU's
    or
    B) 2 of those claptrap owe me money and I got a bloodwing strapped with c4!

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Why PC mourning, I've missed the last few days of the thread?

Then you probably saw the previous thread, it's moving so fast :lol:
    Everyone seems to be having trouble with getting co-op going on the PC aswell as the fact that it's all console-ified in terms of the interface. Then there's teh non-North Americans who can't play it until 30th but were expecting to play it today.

Define trouble, is it not working or is it just the hosting problem?

Genreally speaking most people can't access the gamespy servers and so they can't start.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Recoilless wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that the elemental guns are the best thing since sliced bread.

They are very nice, though sadly the only elemental firepower I currently have is my sniper, none of my pistols have it.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I can't even start my copy of Borderlands. Pre-loaded, activated, but when I go to start it I get a message saying it's not available yet?

Metallikat on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    A) sold 2 of the SDU's

God don't even say it. That would piss me off somethin' fierce.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am getting intense video stuttering. Poor 8800, you lasted me 2 years, but sadly, your time has passed.

What? I'm running it on an 8800GT @ 1920x1200 with pretty much everything maxxed and its silky smooth

How important are weapon levels? It seems like brick should be using launchers+shotguns, but i haven't seen a launcher yet, my only shotgun is horrible, and i have unbelievably kick ass pistols and smgs falling out of the sky so i'm using those..but i'll use my crappy shotgun if it'll gimp me later

Would you know what driver version you are on?

Verr on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well hopefully there will be some patches by the time this comes out here. But seriously, gamespy? What is this, 1998?

-SPI- on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Recoilless wrote: »

They are very nice, though sadly the only elemental firepower I currently have is my sniper, none of my pistols have it.

Just like with SMGs, I simply can't use them when the best elemental rifle I find is something like 50 damage with 2x chance to hit with elemental when I have a god damned 110 battle rifle with a 50 round magazine.

SMGs particularly, since they tend to be lower in power and lower in fire rate than my prized battle rifle.
    Well hopefully there will be some patches by the time this comes out here. But seriously, gamespy? What is this, 1998?

Exactly.

They could have at least upgraded to Heat or MSN Zone.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    A) sold 2 of the SDU's

God don't even say it. That would piss me off somethin' fierce.

Its a thought that fills me with bile and murderous rage. Or I'm getting an ulcer. Hopefully my next playthrough will fix that *shrug*

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    BeriBeri Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I had so much hope for this game on PC, but went with my instinct and didn't buy it...

Maybe in a year or two when it's past beta or whatever the fuck this is. Dev order goes PC, then console.

FO SRS Gearbox, fix your shit.

Beri on
    WHAT THE EFFFFFFF
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Beri wrote: »
    I had so much hope for this game on PC, but went with my instinct and didn't buy it...

Maybe in a year or two when it's past beta or whatever the fuck this is. Dev order goes PC, then console.

FO SRS Gearbox, fix your shit.

We stopped that shit two threads ago. Don't start it again please.

Sheep on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    devoir wrote: »
    Apparently using the free trial on here: http://www.gotrusted.com/ will allow you to decrypt the files. Then set Steam to offline until Friday and you should be good to go. I will be trying this out in a few hours and will report back with more detailed instructions if necessary.

What the heck is that???

I mean, is it legit? It wants my damn CC number!!!

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ok, port forwarding: When it says TCP, I select TCP. When it says UDP, I select UDP. When it says TCP/UDP, do I set both?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So uh, has anyone figured out a way to play with PA folks yet? Seeing as there's really no steam support and the shitty gamespy hosting won't even let you filter or search through open games.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

After 42 the claptraps stop giving SDUs and give grenade mods instead.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    KistraKistra Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Anybody mind co-oping on xbox with a newbie?

My husband got me started yesterday and I've played for a few hours but would enjoy it more with a second person (he has a thermo test tomorrow...)

gamertag Batshido (his) and I'm level 15

Kistra on
    Animal Crossing: City Folk Lissa in Filmore 3179-9580-0076
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Anyone wanna try to get this working? I'm hosting a private game. Level 7 on the PC. Name is Aumni

Give me your GS info please.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Because I'm curious, on the pc are the weapon quick slots for your 1-4 keys instead of the dpad?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GammarahGammarah Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So the little x1 or whatever next to an element is how often it activates, or the strength of the element? Or is it both? I only ask cause I have one sniper rifle that does 146 damage, and another that does 88 but has x3 explosive, and I'm wondering which one is better.

Gammarah on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »

Wait does this mean like on playthrough 2 if you save the same claptrap you could get the backpack sdu from them? And man grenade mods I already get so many of those. So many.

I used to like bouncing bettys but I swear contact grenades are more of my style as I kept bouncing nades off dudes faces.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    devoir wrote: »
    Apparently using the free trial on here: http://www.gotrusted.com/ will allow you to decrypt the files. Then set Steam to offline until Friday and you should be good to go. I will be trying this out in a few hours and will report back with more detailed instructions if necessary.

What the heck is that???

I mean, is it legit? It wants my damn CC number!!!

Any website that elicits this response is very likely not worth giving your CC number to. Just chill until Friday. Three days of waiting is better than potential fraud. Even if it's legit, don't discount the fact that it's probably not something the devs will smile upon.

TetraNitroCubane on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Aumni wrote: »
    Anyone wanna try to get this working? I'm hosting a private game. Level 7 on the PC. Name is Aumni

Give me your GS info please.

I'm up for it. I'm lvl 1 though. Gamespy ID is the same as username here: Riale

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Guys in Australia are cancelling their order on steam and downloading non legit versions.

Nice work 2k/gearbox.

noobert on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »

Wait does this mean like on playthrough 2 if you save the same claptrap you could get the backpack sdu from them? And man grenade mods I already get so many of those. So many.

I used to like bouncing bettys but I swear contact grenades are more of my style as I kept bouncing nades off dudes faces.
    Yeah, you can resave the same claptraps. The mods are pretty nice, actually (128 shock MIRV). And the claptraps still lead you to chests.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Stupid fucking day 1 patches that only start loadin' AFTER I try to start the game up despite the PC being on for a good several hours beforehand, GRAH

EDIT: OK so apparently we've got a real clusterfuck going down, someone fill me in.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Gammarah wrote: »
    So the little x1 or whatever next to an element is how often it activates, or the strength of the element? Or is it both? I only ask cause I have one sniper rifle that does 146 damage, and another that does 88 but has x3 explosive, and I'm wondering which one is better.
    It seems to be how many chances it has to activate. So a x3 has three chances to go off. It might go off once, or 3 times, or not at all.

Elemental damage seems to scale with level, regardless of the multiplier.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Riale - Sent you an invite.

Anyone else? Rak?

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So for those of you playing pc already (damn euro release), is the jpeg gun export thing working or did it not make it in?

The article where it's mentioned.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
This discussion has been closed.