Options

Modern Warfare 2: Out now! Removal of pants advised.

• Options
    MegaDoomerMegaDoomer Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just bought mine, (Military stationed at South Korea), i cant play it now though since im at work... cant wait to get home.

the instruction book is so thin... nothing to read in it at all :(

MegaDoomer on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Point gun, shoot mans. There, instructions delivered

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    edited November 2009

but.. i just miss the days with huge instruction books to get me by until i could play the thing

MegaDoomer on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    aBlank wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    Ok. I just paid it off tonight. Sadly I won't be doing the midnight launch, but I will be playing it tomorrow night. Does anyone know why there aren't any reviews yet? I thought reviews always came out a day or two before the game?

Review embargo until tonight at midnight I think.
    Midnight of which time zone?

Darlan on
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think the trophies are bugged for me. After a few hours of playing the campaign, i decided to take a break and check the trophies out. I'm noticing there's plenty i should have collected, but i don't have a single one. Just warning you guys, there may be a problem with the trophies.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    At least 100 people here already.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MegaDoomer wrote: »

but.. i just miss the days with huge instruction books to get me by until i could play the thing

Wing Commander lore and whatnot in manuals was a nice touch. I do miss it.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I remember for that Zeus city-building game, the manual was a fucking novel. The whole thing was literally written in chapter layout, with gods coming up to the main character to explain things to him. Shit blew my mind. It was at least a hundred and fifty pages

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    yeah I miss awesome manuals too.

Man, the extra manual that game with forza 2 CE was hundreds of pages long that included technical explanation for mostly everything you need to know about driving in motor sports. . . when I got the forza 3 CE and opened it up to find a 13 page manual with 60% of the pages the legal pre and post-ambles I shed a tear.

edit: and the baldur's gate 2 manual? shit was ring bound and like 800 pages, it kept me amused for weeks!

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    http://www.justin.tv/eyes_cube
    Live stream for PC multiplayer, if it hasn't been posted
    Man this makes me so excited.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

when I got the forza 3 CE and opened it up to find a 13 page manual with 60% of the pages the legal pre and post-ambles I shed a tear.

yea wait to you see MW2's manual then...

MegaDoomer on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SirToasty wrote: »

same here, that feed is pretty cool, I really want it to be whenever steam unlocks this, already got my alibi for missing work tomorrow :winky:

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Oh God I'm standing next to some middle-aged 9/11 truther.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Is he getting MW2 so it will reveal the truth?

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Ask him about the new world order or something.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »

And then tell him to prove it.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fleck0 wrote: »
    SirToasty wrote: »

same here, that feed is pretty cool, I really want it to be whenever steam unlocks this, already got my alibi for missing work tomorrow :winky:
    Uh, Steam unlocks it on Thursday. And there's no guarantee it'll be at midnight on Thursday, either.

Darlan on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    im just gonna go to walmart i guess, fuck dealing with some huge line

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    FingerSlutFingerSlut __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Gigantic MEH after seeing that stream. Fuck it, i'll prolly go back to music.

FingerSlut on
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

Man, the extra manual that game with forza 2 CE was hundreds of pages long that included technical explanation for mostly everything you need to know about driving in motor sports. . . when I got the forza 3 CE and opened it up to find a 13 page manual with 60% of the pages the legal pre and post-ambles I shed a tear.

edit: and the baldur's gate 2 manual? shit was ring bound and like 800 pages, it kept me amused for weeks!

My 2 favorite manuals were Homeworld (basically a 100 page book with the back story) and Age of Empires (pretty much taught me all the major points of those civs in about 60 pages).

a5ehren on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    watching that stream... i really hope you can turn off the stupid metal riff that plays when i guess an objective is completed or whatever

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    watching that stream...
    Really makes me wonder why the fuck I've never bought CoD4 or even considered getting this game.

I mean, dayum that looks fun.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    alright, im heading to walmart

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Okay, i just read that party-chat was disabled in MW2. I'm assuming (and hoping), that it's disabled only for certain gametypes.

Could anyone clear this up for me?

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    so everyone who is getting this tonight at midnight. are you guys going to be playing the campaign or jump into MP?

im going to be on most the night but i dont know if i should just jump into MP right away.

MegaDoomer on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Campaign first for me

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Maybe mention something about the communists.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

And the Jews

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

And the Jews

Communist jews??

MegaDoomer on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Snake101stSnake101st Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hey PC guys, let me know if Gamestop, Walmart, or wherever you go has the PC version in stock... Im trying to cancel my online walmart order because I thought I could wait until it came in the mail (next wed-fri) but I... just... cant do it.

Snake101st on
    Snakesig123.gif
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I apparently forgot to preorder this. I thought that I had, but I guess that I didn't.

God damn it.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    edited November 2009

And the Jews

Communist jews??

The whole money-grubbing stereotype was a smokescreen to throw off the Islamofascist spies

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Can they not turn off kill cams? I always hated it with a passion.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Okay, so I have never been a big CoD fan, but MW2 looks pretty awesome. I played a bit of MW1 and it seemed pretty good.

Now, I bet you guys are going to hate me for bringing this up; but I genuinely want to know and googling information gets me lackluster info.

What is the PC version going to be like online? I gather that they are making their own "matchmaking" portal for online games...but what does that mean? Every game is locally hosted off of one player's machine and connection with no option for people to rent servers (say, for a clan)? If I'm playing this game, will a session be interrupted because the host has to quit? Will there be a lacking of 25 vs 25 player battles because people have shitty comps / connections? Will there not be any servers to "favorite" for later and join and play with that server's community?

Basically, what does this shit mean? Between all the outraged players and their blogs, I can't find concrete information.

I apologize again if a bunch of people start arguing about this subject. Might I suggest info on this be in the OP?

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    KungFu wrote: »
    Okay, so I have never been a big CoD fan, but MW2 looks pretty awesome. I played a bit of MW1 and it seemed pretty good.

Now, I bet you guys are going to hate me for bringing this up; but I genuinely want to know and googling information gets me lackluster info.

What is the PC version going to be like online? I gather that they are making their own "matchmaking" portal for online games...but what does that mean? Every game is locally hosted off of one player's machine and connection with no option for people to rent servers (say, for a clan)? If I'm playing this game, will a session be interrupted because the host has to quit? Will there be a lacking of 25 vs 25 player battles because people have shitty comps / connections? Will there not be any servers to "favorite" for later and join and play with that server's community?

Basically, what does this shit mean? Between all the outraged players and their blogs, I can't find concrete information.

I apologize again if a bunch of people start arguing about this subject. Might I suggest info on this be in the OP?

Im pretty sure its just played on servers owned by Infinity ward. no outside Servers allowed

MegaDoomer on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Crap. A lot of problems. Yes. In theory no. 9 vs. 9 max. No.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Im pretty sure its just played on servers owned by Infinity ward. no outside Servers allowed

no. IW servers match you and yours up with them and theirs, then the game says, "who is best equipped to be the host of our P2P connection?" At which point the fastest to say "ME ME ME ME ME" gets selected to be the host. you play ur match, pwn ur noobs, kill ur mans, etc and then are out to the waiting pool for the process to start all over.

if at any time you pwn ur noobs so hard they run crying home to their mama's, the game says, "alright which one of you pansies that are left is best equipped to be the host because the last host was even sissier than the rest of you?" and the game will resume in approximately 8 seconds.

edit: also, maximum 18 players possible, so no 25v25 matches for you.

edit 2: electric bugaloo

there will be no servers to favorite and the only community you will have is the community of everyone who plays MW2 PC ever.

of course, this isn't to say that people will hack most of these features back into the game. . . If two dudes and their rusty tandem bicycle can mod multiplayer into GTA3 PC then I'm sure a boatload of nerdraging PC gamers with axes to grind will be able to hack more shit into it.

edit 3: analog jamboree
    the post above mine says what I said in a less verbose manner.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    :?

My trophies are completely bugged out for MW2. I've tried restarting the console to fix it, but no luck. I really hope i don't have to delete my save to fix this, as I've just spent 4 hours hammering away at the campaign.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Wow.

I was #86 in line, and I was out of there by 12:09 AM.

Bravo to GameStop.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Bah that multiplayer looks fun. I still fucking hate IW but I can't deny they've made a seriously good game.

I'll have to wait though since its 70$ and I don't exactly have a lot of free time.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
This discussion has been closed.