As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A visit to the pranktologist - April Fool's Day Thread

• Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I sat at the rear of the bus with all the ghetto people on the way home today. A girl was applying concealer on her ghettolicious boyfriend, who didn't really know what was going on. It was kind of funny.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    KPCKPC Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Nobody ever really remembers which day Daylight Savings Time occurred on, just that back in the day it was sometime in April, and in and around a Sunday. One year April Fool's fell on a Sunday, so half an hour or so before The Day came to an end, I helpfully reminded everybody on the IRC channel to not to forgot to set their clock forward an hour.

The next day I come back to the channel to find that I made one guy miss his first class of the first week of school. Generally you lose your place in the class if you don't show up for the first day. Luckily the guy didn't lose his spot, but I loled regardlessly.

KPC on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I sat at the rear of the bus with all the ghetto people on the way home today. A girl was applying concealer on her ghettolicious boyfriend, who didn't really know what was going on. It was kind of funny.

It hides the meth-face.

Although joke's on her - she's making it more difficult to get to those sweet still-consumbale meth deposits that build up under the lesions.

Brolo on
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Kadith wrote: »
    fill it with acid

I second this.

Okami on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Knob wrote: »
    the historical answer is that i drew a seris of pictures called 'the plan' that featured crude stick men and blueprints

anytime i put myself on one, i just put a K on one of the guys to stand for Knob

then i just started using that guy in other pictures, stick dude with a K on his chest but it was visually boring so i grabbed a random color and filled him in

the grey was distinctive enough that i dropped the K

but that isn't as funny as melanoma

planpo4.png

I always loved this one.

#pipe on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    KPC wrote: »
    Nobody ever really remembers which day Daylight Savings Time occurred on, just that back in the day it was sometime in April, and in and around a Sunday. One year April Fool's fell on a Sunday, so half an hour or so before The Day came to an end, I helpfully reminded everybody on the IRC channel to not to forgot to set their clock forward an hour.

The next day I come back to the channel to find that I made one guy miss his first class of the first week of school. Generally you lose your place in the class if you don't show up for the first day. Luckily the guy didn't lose his spot, but I loled regardlessly.

oh jeez

that's epic

Pony on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Who is "B"? I assume R is Ranedos.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    you'd assume wrong

Knob on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Who is "B"? I assume R is Ranedos.

Knob, boddah, Rans (not Raneados)

Green on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dark you need to go sit in the corner

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    SE++ history 101

Chapter IV
    NADS IS MISSING

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    Dark you need to go sit in the corner

No, fuck you.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    Chapter VI
    KELET BIOLOGY

Knob on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Chapter VI
    KELET BIOLOGY

Chapter III
    THE GREAT CRASH OF 2002

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    #pipe wrote: »
    Chapter VI
    KELET BIOLOGY

Chapter III
    THE GREAT CRASH OF 2002

Chapter XIV

THE SCOURGE OF KNEEJERK

Brolo on
  • Options
    snapsnap Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    i think you should fill it half with vinegar, and half with a baking soda/water solution.

that way when it all busts and mixes together it'll be like a sixth grade science fair

snap on
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Umm... we filled a guys toilet with gelatine once, and covered it in a thin layer of water. Someone pooped in it before the night was over.

...like I said in the "Lying or not" thread, we also poured melted marshmallows down someones ass.

uh... a few weekends ago, we tricked a guy into drinking semen (which was mixed into his beer)

and tonight, we have a tray full of jello shooters laced with laxatives for a party with 100 people at least (it will take place in a house with 2 bathrooms).

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Davoid wrote: »
    Umm... we filled a guys toilet with gelatine once, and covered it in a thin layer of water. Someone pooped in it before the night was over.

...like I said in the "Lying or not" thread, we also poured melted marshmallows down someones ass.

uh... a few weekends ago, we tricked a guy into drinking semen (which was mixed into his beer)

and tonight, we have a tray full of jello shooters laced with laxatives for a party with 100 people at least (it will take place in a house with 2 bathrooms).

Those last two are not really funny. They are probably illegal.

The first is gold.

jackal on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Davoid wrote: »

wow

you sound like a fucking douchebag

Pony on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    note to self

Davoid is a douche

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    like seriously

i would not invite a guy like that to anything

i'd constantly suspect him of shitting in my drink or something

i've got some clear lines i don't cross with pranks

fucking with people's food? definitely one of them

Pony on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I had plans to make a really nice dinner for my boyfriend

For dessert, I would carry out a huge chocolate cake. He'd be so excited and delighted, until I turned it so he could see the top of the cake. In icing, I would write "I'm Pregnant", with my grandmother's wedding ring on the top layer of the cake.

I decided against it.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    you guys are pussies

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

For dessert, I would carry out a huge chocolate cake. He'd be so excited and delighted, until I turned it so he could see the top of the cake. In icing, I would write "I'm Pregnant", with my grandmother's wedding ring on the top layer of the cake.

I decided against it.

But I'm laughing already

You should do it

Green on
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

I decided against it.

That would earn a punch to the box.

Two if you were actually pregnant.

Pb on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Did we already say that Davoid can fuck right off?

Because he can.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

I decided against it.

see

see this is wonderful

davoid this is how you prank people

take notes

Pony on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    Quetzi wrote: »
    Why is that in this thread?

Also: That is fuckin awesome.

wrong thread. moved.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm drunk, this is not a prank.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I strung my boss along for 3 days making him think I was gonna quit.

But I already told that story last year.

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I set up a proxy server on the local network, and configured it so if you went to it with the URL http://something.com, it would request something.com itself, then display it. I also set it up with a DNS server, which would always return its own IP address.

Next, I set up some filters so it would flip all the pages upside-down before displaying them. It would also download images, flip them, and cache the flipped images.

Step 3, I modified my brother's network settings to use that server for DNS requests.

TL; DR version: I turned every page on the internet upside-down.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    jmillikin wrote: »
    I set up a proxy server on the local network, and configured it so if you went to it with the URL http://something.com, it would request something.com itself, then display it. I also set it up with a DNS server, which would always return its own IP address.

Next, I set up some filters so it would flip all the pages upside-down before displaying them. It would also download images, flip them, and cache the flipped images.

Step 3, I modified my brother's network settings to use that server for DNS requests.

Put all that in an executable for download, and you will be immortalized.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Put all that in an executable for download, and you will be immortalized.

I've since lost the configuration. I plan to at some point make a Firefox extension that will do the same thing, but there's obviously not enough time before this year's April Fool's. If you know anybody who can configure BIND and Apache they could probably set it up for you.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    geek pranks

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Totally the best kind of pranks. One guy at my school took apart a bunch of mice and installed a little circuit so they would randomly "pause" every couple minutes, then put them in the computer lab. Much fun was had by all trying to figure out why the computers were freezing without any load.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Line the top of a toilet bowl with cling wrap

make sure it is super tight so you cant tell it is there

Oden on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Yeah the dual-membranes thing doesn't seem to work all that well in testing, so I nixed baking soda and vinnegar, and settled on plain old gasoline.

Brolo on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    Totally the best kind of pranks. One guy at my school took apart a bunch of mice and installed a little circuit so they would randomly "pause" every couple minutes, then put them in the computer lab. Much fun was had by all trying to figure out why the computers were freezing without any load.

better yet, just get a USB wireless mouse and stick the USB dongle on a computer when nobody is looking. Then sit patiently and wait for someone to use the computer, and every couple of minutes just move the mouse real fast to the top right corner and click to close their current window. Don't do it too much, as they'll catch on, but every five or ten minutes should be just enough to drive them up the fucking wall.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Okay, so apparently Adult Swim started April Fool's on Midnight EDT this year.

Badly subtitled Perfect Hair Forever. Yuck.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    ·ɹỊɐ-ləq ɟo əɔuỊɹd əɥʇ sɐ əuoɹɥʇ ʎɯ uo ʇỊs oʇ
    əɹəɥʇ ʎllɐuỊɟ sɐʍ I ɯopნuỊʞ ʎɯ ʇɐ pəʞooq
    ɹəʇɐl ɐʎ lləɯs səɯloɥ oʎ ʎqqɐɔ əɥʇ oʇ pəlləʎ I puɐ
    8 ɹo L ʇnoqɐ əsnoɥ əɥʇ oʇ dn pəllnd I

„¡ɹỊɐ-ləq oʇ əɯoɥ oʇ ·ʇỊ ʇəნɹoɟ ´ɥɐN„ ´ʇɥნnoɥʇ I ʇno
    əɹɐɹ sɐʍ qɐɔ sỊɥʇ ʇɐɥʇ ʎɐs plnoɔ I ნuỊɥʇʎuɐ ɟI
    ɹoɹɹỊɯ əɥʇ uỊ əɔỊp pɐɥ ʇỊ puɐ ɥsəɹɟ pỊɐs əʇɐld əsuəɔỊl əɥʇ
    ɹɐəu əɯɐɔ ʇỊ uəɥʍ puɐ qɐɔ ɐ ɹoɟ pəlʇsỊɥʍ I