Options

[Chat] Goose & Lightning: The Snow Sabbath Shark Swallow

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Thom and Japan, you warm my heart.

Also, Passer, you flatterer, sadly the face peering out from the curls is not jim morrison's when I look into the mirror.

Also, good hair days are somewhat rare. My hair does not let itself be commanded.

True, you do not look like Morrison. You're cuter than he is. :D

My hair used to have a mind of it's own, but it's gotten much more cooperative as I've gotten older. I think keeping it in a bun most of the time helps to sort of train it.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Actually my hair is longer than jim's right now

it's almost hit the point where you can say it grows longer instead of larger.

Grow it out till its long enough to donate.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Donkey Kong gets a moustache death star courtesy of my avatar for that.

Doors is great.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Aegis wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Okay, that guy's hair? Pretty hot.

God spare me. "That guy" is Jim Morrison.

I'm sorry, please don't hit me

You know the rules. A dozen swats with a paddle. :winky:

You know, this quote and your last post match up pretty well with your avatar.

I was trying to figure out how it was a Michael Weston joke but then I realized it's just a priest joke, isn't it?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Hah, my dad's hair is the same way. It gets to about 8" long before it starts flopping down completely. Otherwise it's like a big black halo around his head.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yes, it was a priest joke.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »

Also, Passer, you flatterer, sadly the face peering out from the curls is not jim morrison's when I look into the mirror.

Also, good hair days are somewhat rare. My hair does not let itself be commanded.

My hair used to have a mind of it's own, but it's gotten much more cooperative as I've gotten older. I think keeping it in a bun most of the time helps to sort of train it.

<3

Oh by the way, how long is your hair? Like mine would you think? If it is, mind sharing your tricks for stuffing your hair into your veil? I have a problem with hats.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My hair used to be awesome. Stupid, stupid folliculitis...

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    my hair curls into waves after 2-3 inches.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2009
    I need to turn the job search up to hyperdrive. I feel totally disrespected in my current position.

Organichu on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    my hair curls into waves after 2-3 inches.

Mine stays very straight.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    This thread is almost as big as my dick.

irene's still not posting, drez

Please drop the Irene stuff.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    "Policies are rational responses to problems."

Can one reasonably argue that sentence has a normative aspect or has a prescriptive interpretation of policies, or would that be considered reading into the sentence too much? I'm trying to argue for description but I'm worried a critique could simply be there is no prescriptive/normative element to the above sentence.

There's also no context to the quote, it's on its own and meant to be ambiguous.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Hah, my dad's hair is the same way. It gets to about 8" long before it starts flopping down completely. Otherwise it's like a big black halo around his head.

it is annoying

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited December 2009

It's one of those "types" of hair that means everyone who has it is limited to changing their hair only by length

If I cut my hair to the length it'd look identical. And I bet the same thing would happen with your dad.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, this [Chat] has to be record length!

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    what things are we ascribing as masculine?

I'm completely hetero but I think I might qualify is someone wants to explain a little further.

Like clothing or hairstyles or whatev.

I'd find it weird if finding a girl attractive in "guys clothes" had any link to bisexuality. likewise short hair.

Don't think short hair, think guy hair. Also, guys clothes doesn't mean jeans, it means baggy jeans which a guy would wear.

think of what I'm talking about as a spectrum one finds attractive

on the scale beetween the two points already established, where would your spectrum fall. Actual gender is kind of irrelevant here, we're talking aestethics only.

what you're saying implies girls are attracted to men based in part on their wearing baggy jeans.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    I'm having 'the talk' with my boss today when I get to work. I've been there half a year and I'm the fastest cashier, I've never called out, I'm almost never late, I've never been off on my till, I'm familiar with all the procedures w.r.t. management (X outs on drawers, monitoring and ordering supplies, preparing the cash deposit, etc. etc.)...

In this economy I'm not doing a "promote me or I quit" ultimatum because this job was really hard to find in the first place. But I am having a solemn 'I deserve more than what I'm getting' talk where I ask for either a more favorable schedule (same hours on fewer days), a merit raise, or a promotion.

If he calls my bluff and says "or what? you're gonna quit?" I guess I'm just boned.

But I need to try.

It didn't go well.

He basically ignored the possibility of a promotion because of limited company resources. When asked whether he can give me a more 'set' schedule, allowing me to work more shifts elsewhere... 'no, I can't accomodate that'.

The only thing that he can seemingly offer me is fewer shifts, once he gets a newer cashier (allegedly this week coming up). But that doesn't help all that much, because my shifts are still going to change weekly, making shifts elsewhere almost impossible.

Then he made little flippant digs at me throughout the day, commenting on my missing name tag (when almost no one wore one today), telling me I'd better make sure the front is clean for the morning (and it always is when I work)... etc. Little biting shit that he was saying I guess because I had the gall to try to not be a minimum wage worker when I shine above all my coworkers.

Argggggh.

Sorry, that sucks.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    huh. I wasn't gonna reply to that figuring I missed some pages but when I refreshed they weren't there. then when I posted, here they are.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I don't think I should try growing my hair any longer. then it would be identical to my sisters and while it looks good on a girl on me it would just be wrong

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    what things are we ascribing as masculine?

I'm completely hetero but I think I might qualify is someone wants to explain a little further.

Like clothing or hairstyles or whatev.

I'd find it weird if finding a girl attractive in "guys clothes" had any link to bisexuality. likewise short hair.

Don't think short hair, think guy hair. Also, guys clothes doesn't mean jeans, it means baggy jeans which a guy would wear.

think of what I'm talking about as a spectrum one finds attractive

on the scale beetween the two points already established, where would your spectrum fall. Actual gender is kind of irrelevant here, we're talking aestethics only.

what you're saying implies girls are attracted to men based in part on their wearing baggy jeans.

I phrased that wrong. Baggy pants on a girl can make it look like her legs and hips look like that of a guy.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My sister had straight hair :x

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    huh. I wasn't gonna reply to that figuring I missed some pages but when I refreshed they weren't there. then when I posted, here they are.

think you got problems? I get a database error like every other post

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My hair is brown indoors and glowing red outdoors. There are two kinds of follicles on my head, one kind dark brown and opaque, the other reddish and translucent.

My beard is entirely red when I grow it out.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2009

My sister has somewhat curly hair. If it wasn't the fact that she likes her hair color better then mine, I'm pretty sure she'd have scalped me by now.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

<3

Oh by the way, how long is your hair? Like mine would you think? If it is, mind sharing your tricks for stuffing your hair into your veil? I have a problem with hats.

My hair's longer than yours, it goes to almost mid-shoulder length now. I usually just wrap it up into a flop-bun (I can't find a picture of it, and that's the only word I can think of to describe it - basically, make up a pony tail, but on the last pass of the elastic, pull the hair only half-way through, making a sort of flop loop kind of thing), put on an underscarf (if it's a long one I wrap it around the hair in the back like a snood), then wrap with whatever scarf I'm using.

I'd suggest, if you can, braid it and then tuck it up under the hat after you've put it on. This is easier to do with newsboy and flat cap hats.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    fish!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2009
    Thanks Drez.

It does suck. I don't know what to do anymore.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ab is all set to make some of the most overrated music ever recorded, move to Paris, and drown in the bath.

doors are amazing shut it

Variable on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Passer, what's a newsboy hat?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have thick but really, really fine hair. I think it's the Swedish ancestry.

It's flippin beautiful.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited December 2009

like lily-allen2.jpg this type of straight hair?

Please say yes.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

think you got problems? I get a database error like every other post

Man I thought it was only me...

Daxon on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Straight hair? More like, boring hair.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

houndstooth-newsboy-cap_091808.jpg

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    GOD DAMN I JUST SPILLED A SIX DOLLAR BOTTLE OF BEER

oh hey attractive lady.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009

houndstooth-newsboy-cap_091808.jpg

I feel like I should link my hat post here.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Straight hair? More like, boring hair.

I know! Unless it's very straight, with bangs, and dark. Then it is extremely awesome.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    GOD DAMN I JUST SPILLED A SIX DOLLAR BOTTLE OF BEER

oh hey attractive lady.

Now's your chance! Escape the cycle!

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    xgkiss.jpg

Sort of like this

not that I was in any doubt that anyone was confused as to what hairstyle I was referring to, or that this was a good example. In fact I think it would just serve to cast doubt into the minds of the previously sure.

I still think this image may have some beneficial qualities.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.