Options

Modern Warfare 2: Confused by the story? Right this way. (NSF56K)

• Options
    underdonkunderdonk __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Has anyone experienced complete lock-ups and difficulty getting large parties (6+) into games post-patch?

I'm considering hanging MW2 up for good because of this... but I certainly will miss the AK. :-(

underdonk on
    Back in the day, bucko, we just had an A and a B button... and we liked it.
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    There need to be more people on my friends list with "Modern Warfare 2" next to their name... ahem...

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    There need to be more people on my friends list with "Modern Warfare 2" next to their name... ahem...

I hear the call.... Just a second.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    underdonk wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced complete lock-ups and difficulty getting large parties (6+) into games post-patch?

I'm considering hanging MW2 up for good because of this... but I certainly will miss the AK. :-(

I had lock ups in the campaign on the second playthrough. I cleared the cache and everything has worked fine since then. I also installed it since that also helps. And yes EVERYONE has the party problems , it usually takes the PA group longer to find games without losing anyone then it does to actually play it.

Edit-Oh I didnt read. Post patch people have been complaining about freezing yes. Maybe your xbox is dying? I remember getting mine killed by a system update.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Espanta, come get an aneurysm with me and josh!

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Espanta, come get an aneurysm with me and josh!

Just finished playing actually. I have plenty rage right now and I dont think I will be any fun to be around. I will catch you tonight defiantly , just need time to chill , relax and be away from this fucking game.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    underdonkunderdonk __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    underdonk wrote: »

I had lock ups in the campaign on the second playthrough. I cleared the cache and everything has worked fine since then. I also installed it since that also helps. And yes EVERYONE has the party problems , it usually takes the PA group longer to find games without losing anyone then it does to actually play it.

Edit-Oh I didnt read. Post patch people have been complaining about freezing yes. Maybe your xbox is dying? I remember getting mine killed by a system update.

<anger>
    Yeah, we had party problems pre-patch as well, but these problems have gone from frustratingly annoying to rage-inducing futile attempts. It generally takes us about ten to fifteen minutes of popping in and out of rooms to get everyone into the lobby/game after it starts. Combine this with the fucking glitch Rust matches and shit box network code and we have people clicking off their Xboxes. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on the Xbox, but I'm not having any other problems with it during any other game/application. It sees heavy use and the only time I have problems with it is when the MW2 disc is spinning. Oh well, like I said previously, they already have our money so I guess there's really no huge rush to fix any of this shit. They should have kept the CoD tag off of this one like they originally planned... it's giving the franchise a bad name.

Fuck you, Infinity Ward.
    </anger>

underdonk on
    Back in the day, bucko, we just had an A and a B button... and we liked it.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I have akimbo 1887's on 4 of my 6 classes with one stinger and one tac knife.

Those are, simple put, the three best secondary guns in the game. Do I feel bad for using 1887's? No.

I only feel bad when I prestige and realize I won't be able to 1887 people for at least another ~20 hours of gameplay.

You are everything that is wrong with this world.

You're a terrible person.

:(

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I have akimbo 1887's on 4 of my 6 classes with one stinger and one tac knife.

Those are, simple put, the three best secondary guns in the game. Do I feel bad for using 1887's? No.

I only feel bad when I prestige and realize I won't be able to 1887 people for at least another ~20 hours of gameplay.

We're not mad at you for being a Dog Rapist, just disappointed :(

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I was disappointed that a friend of mine seemed to be playing along with a bunch of people on those rust maps last night (in a live party with a full team hosting the match). Setting the domination score extremely high, and just sitting in the corner where that pipe is, racking up kills/killstreaks.

And here I thought his stats on the leaderboard meant he was actually good at the game.

I really don't see a point to boosting up on the leaderboards. What did you really accomplish? If it's just about gaining experience to level up, why even play the game?

Whatever, you spent $60 on this game, do what you want, I guess. Just seems stupid.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nickle wrote: »
    I was disappointed that a friend of mine seemed to be playing along with a bunch of people on those rust maps last night (in a live party with a full team hosting the match). Setting the domination score extremely high, and just sitting in the corner where that pipe is, racking up kills/killstreaks.

And here I thought his stats on the leaderboard meant he was actually good at the game.

I really don't see a point to boosting up on the leaderboards. What did you really accomplish? If it's just about gaining experience to level up, why even play the game?

Whatever, you spent $60 on this game, do what you want, I guess. Just seems stupid.

Hey, it just makes going into the room as a level 20 something and wiping the floor with a bunch of 50+ that much more satisfying.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I like that there was nothing done about the Care Package glitch in regards to movement speed.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Leaderboards for kills: 40 KDR. Highest Killstreak: 1183.

Leaderboards for wins: 48 WLR. Highest winning streak: 2853.

Man,I wish I was THAT GOOD.

But my favourite is still the accuracy leaderboard.

Rank 1-100. Shots fired: 1. Misses: 0. Accuracy: 100%. Level: 1.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hey josh, did I do a shit job of being host and drop you, or did you leave of your own accord?

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    ChairborneChairborne Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is there something about ground war / domination that I don't get? I love rolling with the PA guys, but every time we do ground war I get instantly zapped by hordes of enemies and wind up 8 and 24, etc. as opposed to the more reasonable scores I'm able to produce on vanilla TDM. Does someone have a good ground war chaos build they'd be willing to recommend?

Chairborne on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Is Minty at work? No.

Is Minty at the pub? No.

Can Minty play MW2? Yes.

And fuck people who go to search and destroy or sabotage and don't actually pay attention to the bomb. It's not TDM. I've just taken the bomb to the enemy base, planted it and trying to defend. When I look at my respawn screen why is each and every one of you at our own base camping?

I wish I was good at this game. Or aiming.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hey josh, did I do a shit job of being host and drop you, or did you leave of your own accord?

With this game its impossible to tell.

edit- You know that one I want COD to take from gears? The "whats up button" that lets you quickly check the status of you friends list without having to use the guide. So convenient so logical. If only the rest of gears had followed suit.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Kids man.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Woot427Woot427 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jeez, it feels like every time I play on derail half the other team has akimbo 1887s. Going through the warehouses becomes brutal, just camping in the corners.

Woot427 on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Okay, so mornings and Sundays. Terrible times to try to play this game.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    There was some dude playing as a wookie ninja, but he wasn't very good at it. I just sprayed him down in Uzi fire pretty much every time he tried to rush.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    joshgotro wrote: »

Kids man.
    Excellent. I feel like a jerk when I don't notice someone drop and then we fill their spot and I'm all "whoah wait wait, where'd <player> go?" :P

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ...You know I wish people could see the million other tags that aren't "Joint Ops" and "Pineapple Express".

I can't even laugh at them anymore, it is just that sad.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    ...You know I wish people could see the million other tags that aren't "Joint Ops" and "Pineapple Express".

but it's xbox live, if you aren't smoking pot you have to be calling people the n-word

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So i asked my brother to buy me a mic and MW2 and I'd give him the money for it. Instead of getting a bog standard xbox mic like I asked he went for a 'throat communicator'.
    415GroSeKQL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It doesn't even have a wee fluffy bit! I hope it works alright. I don't trust it.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    Proven MortalProven Mortal Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Domhnall wrote: »
    So i asked my brother to buy me a mic and MW2 and I'd give him the money for it. Instead of getting a bog standard xbox mic like I asked he went for a 'throat communicator'.
    415GroSeKQL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It doesn't even have a wee fluffy bit! I hope it works alright. I don't trust it.

Looks like someone really loves the mouthbreathers on Xboxlive and made a mic set that really gets it all :?

Proven Mortal on
    Proven+Mortal.png
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    musanman wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »

but it's xbox live, if you aren't smoking pot you have to be calling people the n-word

It's true, read the ToS.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've been wearing the "Joint Ops" tag ironically.

I also yell JOINT OPS when I get an awesome killstreak.

sorry D:

Nalouto on
    :winky:
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Chairborne wrote: »
    Is there something about ground war / domination that I don't get?

Best bet is to avoid that playlist until IW fixes the matchmaking. Or until Gears of War 3, which should draw away the worst elements of the community. Anyone's guess which will happen first.

Right now, Ground War is being used by private parties to glitch their own settings into public matches, to boost for tacnukes, and all kinds of other rubbish. Even the legit matches take forever to connect to, and the host's connection is rarely solid enough to handle 16 players.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I just noticed I have never played a game on Rust. Is it absent from the PC version? Is it restricted to a game mode I haven't played?

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    Proven MortalProven Mortal Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    They really should show you what you got the titles and emblems for, only 2 i can remember how i got is "Public Enemy" (Be the MVP for a match) and "All Pro" (kill 2 people with headshots using only 1 bullet) I like collecting them, but knowing what I did to get those I already have would be good

Edit: Satsumomo I think i played for like 16-20 hours before i saw Rust once.

Proven Mortal on
    Proven+Mortal.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    I just noticed I have never played a game on Rust. Is it absent from the PC version? Is it restricted to a game mode I haven't played?

Well at launch it only appeared in the smaller playlists ( FFA , team tactical) but now it shows up in team deathmatch very rarely.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Playing on the pc I have only ever encountered it as a FFA map.

Numi on
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

You honestly aren't missing much. It is, in my opinion a terrible map that I have never ever had an enjoyable match on, except for 3rd person CTF one time. It's not entirely due to the map's design, but mostly because it magnifies the problems with the awful spawn system.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dangerous wrote: »

You honestly aren't missing much. It is, in my opinion a terrible map that I have never ever had an enjoyable match on, except for 3rd person CTF one time. It's not entirely due to the map's design, but mostly because it magnifies the problems with the awful spawn system.

When I played that glitched out match on this map last night, several times I respawned right where I died. So I got killed like 3 times instead of one.

However, there were also times I respawned RIGHT behind the dude who killed me. So, retarded as it was, at least it amused me sometimes.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The spawn system is pretty awful sometimes. Especially getting dropped right out in the open and killed over and over.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Well at launch it only appeared in the smaller playlists ( FFA , team tactical) but now it shows up in team deathmatch very rarely.

You're not missing much. Playing Rust is like playing 'smear my face in a pile of dog shit'.

I mean sure, you might win. But in the end everyone loses.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »

You're not missing much. Playing Rust is like playing 'smear my face in a pile of dog shit'.

Too bad we don't have dedicated servers. I really wish I could play 40 player Rust.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pancake wrote: »

Too bad we don't have dedicated servers. I really wish I could play 40 player Rust.

40 harriers. at the same time.

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pancake wrote: »

40 player Wasteland would be pretty great.

I'd imagine the lower tunnels would be basically a warren of death.

The_Scarab on