Options

The Last Day of the [STEAM] Sale - Disappointing

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    MrDelish wrote: »
    The thing that I really hated about Crysis is that my headshots felt like they weren't doing anything, since the guy I would shoot would keep walking. It shouldn't take half a magazine, even at long range, to kill a dude on easy.

But that's all I really had to complain about it. I also ignore the last half of the game.

I'm playing on normal and headshots have been instant kills for me. Even with the pistol.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Eight RooksEight Rooks Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sanders wrote: »
    Isn't redlynx trials the game that videogaiden (or whatever guy that is with a barely understandable accent but still has great reviews like God Hand) say was really good but difficult?

2.50 may not be a bad price.

It is incredibly good, and yes, it is extremely difficult. Trials HD and N+ are the only XBLA titles that make me wish I still had a 360. Trials 2 SE is a nice compromise though.

It's the Demon's Souls of racing/time trial games in that you will die over and over and over again. I can't place inside the top 10,000 on the easy tracks, and the idea of even reaching the hard ones is like some fevered dream. Even the achievement for completing all the easy tracks without falling off mocks you. But it's great - a little rough around the edges, wildly difficult, frustrating but fiendishly addictive and frequently hilarious. I bought it for £2.50 and thought I was getting a bargain - for £1.50 or whatever the US price is if you're even slightly interested you do not have an excuse. Demo, schmemo.

Eight Rooks on
    <AtlusParker> Sorry I'm playing Pokemon and vomiting at the same time so I'm not following the conversation in a linear fashion.

Read my book. (It has a robot in it.)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    jclast wrote: »
    Some Internet research leads me to believe that ME PC does not have achievements. $5 is a great price, but I will just replay my 360 copy and hope that the next 2 days bring me either The Witcher and/or Overlord pack at low, low prices.

Mass Effect on PC does have achievements, but it's only inside the game and isn't tied to any online system.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Peewi wrote: »
    The thing that I really hated about Crysis is that my headshots felt like they weren't doing anything, since the guy I would shoot would keep walking. It shouldn't take half a magazine, even at long range, to kill a dude on easy.

But that's all I really had to complain about it. I also ignore the last half of the game.

I'm playing on normal and headshots have been instant kills for me. Even with the pistol.

Even on Delta headshots are instant kills. Maybe your silencer is weakening the bullets over a long range or the bullets are going off center or a combination of the two?

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    is there any way to order your steam games in the window? I bought the sam and max pack, and there peppered all through the list instead of together, I guess I could ignore it, but Id rather shit be alphebetical or grouped together.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You can only group installed games if you 'favorite' them.

Alphabetical sort is automatic and you can't make any other groups.

Alegis on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I feel like if I don't buy Sam & Max Complete and Mass Effect (I have played none of these) I'd be doing myself a great disservice.

I liked Dragon Age. How is Mass Effect different from Dragon Age? In DA, I had complicated tactics for my three allies and mainly just controlled the lead character. I liked the story well enough, but hated how the MC doesn't speak. I understand Shepard talks in ME, so that's a nice bonus for me. I also hated DA's itemization, but liked it's advancement.

Rius on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2010
    Dragon Age and Mass Effect are similar in the sense that you can talk to your allies. Here ends the comparison.

Tube on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You can also do alphabetical by clicking "games" right below the tabs.

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    is there any way to order your steam games in the window? I bought the sam and max pack, and there peppered all through the list instead of together, I guess I could ignore it, but Id rather shit be alphebetical or grouped together.

If you click the games column in at the top of the games list, it'll sort everything alphabetically. For some reason it sorts by status by default.

Peewi on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Rius wrote: »
    I feel like if I don't buy Sam & Max Complete and Mass Effect (I have played none of these) I'd be doing myself a great disservice.

I liked Dragon Age. How is Mass Effect different from Dragon Age? In DA, I had complicated tactics for my three allies and mainly just controlled the lead character. I liked the story well enough, but hated how the MC doesn't speak. I understand Shepard talks in ME, so that's a nice bonus for me. I also hated DA's itemization, but liked it's advancement.

....it's $5. Don't split hairs over something that costs as much as a fast food value meal.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    They really need to add the ability to sort/filter the uninstalled games list by category. Put sub-trees for action, adventure, ect ect. My list is now getting to the point it is a pain to find something to install and play.

Morkath on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ugh, I knew I should have waited a bit before trying to buy anything, stuck in transaction failed hell :-(

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »

....it's $5. Don't split hairs over something that costs as much as a fast food value meal.

Oh, I'm going to buy it. I'm just trying to figure out at what point I should play it. Like many others, my backlog groweth!

Rius on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Peewi wrote: »

Even on Delta headshots are instant kills. Maybe your silencer is weakening the bullets over a long range or the bullets are going off center or a combination of the two?

I don't know how Delish is playing, but I don't think that'd be it. I put on silencers when told to at the beginning of the game and never took them off and still didn't have any problems killing with headshots.

Peewi on
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

It should be alphebetical.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SandersSanders Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Suds wrote: »

It should be alphebetical.

Something tells me he has it arranged by metascore as it is the only way to get them separated like that.

Sanders on
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dragon Age and Mass Effect are similar in the sense that you can talk to your allies. Here ends the comparison.

In many respects I felt that Dragon Age was a step back from what was done in Mass Effect.

Overall I think Mass Effect is a much better game.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well, I got maybe $10 left for the STEAM sale. Hopefully something will pop up.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I like Mass Effect more. Dragon Age went back to Bioware's roots in all the wrong ways.

Hoz on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Suds wrote: »

In many respects I felt that Dragon Age was a step back from what was done in Mass Effect.

Overall I think Mass Effect is a much better game.

I personally can't really compare them. To me they are trying to do different things. I like them both, but for completely different reasons.

Drool on
  • Options
    krylon666krylon666 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I like both but haven't finished either DA or ME. I do know that when I started playing DA I had a very strong urge to go back and finish up Mass Effect. The familiar storytelling vibe was there I guess. Obviously they play way different though.

Any suggestions on what class should I play on my re-playing of ME? Think I did soldier before.. and I kind of want to do it again. I was thinking about doing the pure psionic class though.

krylon666 on
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I already have ME on Xbox, however I want ME2 on PC. Do I buy ME and play through it on PC in order to import all my stuff? DECISIONS.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Regarding Sam and Max, Episode 104 is free on Steam.

Also, the Telltale Everything Pack is $50 and includes the Tales of Monkey Island series.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    CJTheran wrote: »
    I already have ME on Xbox, however I want ME2 on PC. Do I buy ME and play through it on PC in order to import all my stuff? DECISIONS.

If you have the urge to play it again then yes. The PC version is excellent you will get to enjoy quicker load times, better controls, and enhanced graphics. For the price of a cup of coffee it's totally worth it.

Drool on
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You guys need to stop spending retarded amounts of money for coffee.

Remington on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I would never spend that much on coffee, I rarely drink coffee, but there are people in this world who do.

Drool on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm going to mull over buying Mass Effect.

Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I am not sure if I need to play it again, especially with the sequel out soon.

LewieP on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    yeah lewie I'm deciding if I want it on pc since I already have it on 360. seems silly but then again $5 is a silly price.

definitely grabbing Doom pack though. it was one of my two hopes for the remaining days of the sale.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bah, I should not have tried buying Mass Effect in the first 10 minutes of the sale. As I am now getting a transaction error saying there was a failure to initialize or update.

Though the game does appear in my games list, but can't be installed as "the transaction is still pending" and that i will be notified when it completes.

Does anyone have any experience with this one? It sounds like it will sort itself out, but will it be soon and if not, would i still get the sale price?

Funny, I've bought a ton of games this sale, but ME was the one I really wanted.

Brutal J on
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Bah, I should not have tried buying Mass Effect in the first 10 minutes of the sale. As I am now getting a transaction error saying there was a failure to initialize or update.

Though the game does appear in my games list, but can't be installed as "the transaction is still pending" and that i will be notified when it completes.

Does anyone have any experience with this one? It sounds like it will sort itself out, but will it be soon and if not, would i still get the sale price?

Funny, I've bought a ton of games this sale, but ME was the one I really wanted.

if the transaction didn't finish you can just do it again later. There were two pending charges on my debit card because the first one failed but it went away later

MrDelish on
  • Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

if the transaction didn't finish you can just do it again later. There were two pending charges on my debit card because the first one failed but it went away later

Yeah, but right now it's not letting me try, not by using the steam app, or a through a browser. I'm assuming it'll work itself out as it's appearing in the my games list, but it's just really annoying.

I think I've beat most of you guys for games bought this sale:

Eidos Pack
    Telltale Everything Pack
    Lucasarts Adventure Pack
    Id Super Pack
    Max Payne Pack
    Hearts of Iron III
    Braid
    Torchlight
    Medieval Total War II
    Mass Effect (Pending)

Edit:

Haha, it just now removed itself from my games list, and I just now successfully reordered it.

My backlog it burnssss usssss

Brutal J on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    we'll see about that:

AaaaaaAAAaaaaaAAAAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
    Freedom Force pack
    Full Spectrum Warrior
    Ghost Master
    GTA IV
    Gratuitous Space Battles
    Max Payne pack
    Mirror's Edge
    Mr. Robot
    Osmos
    Rainbow Six Vegas 2
    STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
    STALKER: Clear Sky
    Shattered Horizon
    Sid Meier's Civilization IV
    Threadspace: Hyperbol
    The Void
    Darwinia
    Multiwinia
    Zombie Driver

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    JorilJoril BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Eidos Pack

I've been pondering this offer as well. I'm actually only really interested in Batman Arkham Asylum, but the extra games seem like a ridiculous amount of added value. Especially the Tombraider games.
    Seems like a petty concern to be stingy about the €12 price difference, but I've been spending.

Joril on
    bonesnacksig.jpg
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Anyone else having troubles buying Trials 2?

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I got bioshock working after tinkering with it for a few hours. I tried -nosound for the launch options and it'd launch... with sound, save sound effects. Updating the realtek drivers somehow fixed it. Now I can launch the thing, again with the -nosound launch options, and I have full music and sound effects.

What a weird, flakey game. Thanks for the help, PA.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Goddammit steam stop having excellent deals

I think today I will be getting Mass Effect and Sam and Max.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Joril wrote: »
    Eidos Pack

I've been pondering this offer as well. I'm actually only really interested in Batman Arkham Asylum, but the extra games seem like a ridiculous amount of added value. Especially the Tombraider games.
    Seems like a petty concern to be stingy about the €12 price difference, but I've been spending.

Batman alone is worth $50. It's so very good if you like Batman at all. Everything else is just icing.

Drool on
  • Options
    Fourier_seriesFourier_series Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Gonna go ahead and get Mass Effect whenever Steam decides to accept my transaction.

Heavily debating Sam and Max since it's such a great deal and I'll probably enjoy it. I just have such a huge backlog though...

Fourier_series on
    soldierpw2.jpg
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Went ahead and bought Mass effect to add to my collection.

It was too tempting at $5.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
This discussion has been closed.