Options

[Glossolalia presents: RADlands] Patch 2.0 drops, Pyros still underpowered

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It is going to be the most adorable failure ever if RB fucks up a fight because of his phobia.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Krosius wrote: »
    Tentative Respec:
    Phys 4
    Soc 2
    Ment 2

Rad: 3

Phys Ads
    Mutant [2]
    swimmer [1]
    Electroreception [2]
    Natural Weapon [1]
    Super Agility [4]
    Natural Armor 1 [1]

Ment Ads
    Static [4]

Phys Ods
    ...with a broken jaw [-1]
    Monster [-4]

Soc Ods
    Had-it-all [-2]

Ment Ods
    Compulsion [-1]: Alcoholism

Edited to add Natural Armor.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Respec:
    Cowboy Dan

Phys: 4
    Ads:
    Improvised Weaponeer [3]: Anything that can be put into your hands (that can be reasonably used as a weapon) can be used as a deadly weapon. Any reasonable item can be used as a [W+1][+2: 6, 6]. If any die rolls a 1, the weapon breaks after the attack (successful or not).

Tough [3]: Your are entirely burly. Burly as fuck. You gain (Physical x 1/2) Sheilds against Physical Bruises, and 1 Shield against Physical Wounds. This shielding regenerates at the same rate Bruises and Wounds heal.

Ods:
    No Legs [-2]: You're a cripple. You ain't got no legs Lt. Dan. This Od is worth only -1 point if you have Flight, and worth 0 points if you have Flight (Advanced).

Soc: 3
    Ads:
    Gritty [2]: You have the demeanor of one who has lived his life with a flask of whiskey and revolver in his coat pocket. Maybe your wife was killed by a mobster or something. No on knows. You are entirely gritty, gaining a 1 Armor against Social Bruises, and a +1 Dice on Intimidate Checks.

Intimidate [1]: You are an imposing bastard. You may substitute your Physical for your Social on rolls to intimidate a target. While effective, this tends to have unfortunate long-term consequences.

Ods:
    Terrible Liar [-1]: You are... you are just an awful liar. You take a -2 dice penalty on rolls made to convince someone of a lie.

Hard-Knock Life [-2]: If things are going to go wrong, they are probably going to go wrong at you. You suffer from extremely bad luck which has no specific mechanical effect, but tends to leave you worse for wear when shit goes down hill.

Ment: 1
    Ods:
    Compulsion [-1]: You have a psychological compulsion, be it kleptomania, pyromania, obsessive compulsive disorder, alcoholism, or chronic gambling. You must get two 6s on a Mental roll to ignore these urges in any situation that they might spring up. Failure means you go into a compulsive fit, indulging in your particular compulsion for an hour. You may shrug off this urge, but doing so causes you to take one Mental Wound. (Dueling: Dan can't say no to a duel)

Gullible [-1]: You have a sweet, trusting nature that others just love to take advantage of. Take a -1 penalty to all dice on attempts to detect lying. You're only allowed to take this talent if you can lick your elbow.

Rad: Base:3 Cap:5
    Ads:
    WILD CARD, BITCHES! [5]: At the cost of this ad, you may add ten dice on any, one roll. You may have only one copy of this ad at a time (it can be repurchased). The ad points you spend on this may never be recovered. Yeeeee-haaaaa!

Ods:
    Legion's Disease[-4]

RAD Leak [-1]: Your stored RADs have a tendency to... slip away. Whenever you use RAD, if you roll more than a single 1, you lose double the amount of RAD.

Booya, still kept Wildcard which I'm happy about. I'm hoping for 3 ad points after Mayfield so I can pick up Paragon.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I can't wait for Dan to flip out with that Wild-Card and totally bust heads.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I can't wait for Dan to finally be able to talk...

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Krosius wrote: »
    I can't wait for a lurker to force Dan to flip out with that Wild-Card and totally make a sandwich.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh god no!

Don't joke like that, Speed!

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Them's the breaks.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That would be...devastating.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Good thing most lurkers probably don't even look at character info's...

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That would be...devastating.

300px-DevastatorManga1.jpg

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Good thing most lurkers probably don't even look at character info's...

I wonder if Uriel does.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kro bro, stop giving De?ad ideas. Now Uriel is gonna have Dan use wildcard to shoot everyone in mayfield and kill them all. Good job.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Or, whatever's cursing Mayfield will take control of you.

IDEAS!

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    DE?AD isn't unnecessarily cruel, I don't think he'd let 5 ad points go to waste on someone else's whim

Squall on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    oh god

so many low mentals

so easy to....crush

must not

arghh

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I bet 800 million Boondollars Jimmy defects to the D.A.Rk Side.

E: We're the R.A.Dical Side.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Did the starting amount of points change?

Henry's got 2+2+2+2+1+3+1-4 = 9 - 2(HttW) = 7 starting points. That correct?

EDIT: Jimmy will do no such thing, he's a good boy, deep down.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    jimothy'a not really a bad kid though

sure, he steals stuff and what not, but there's no way in hell he'd be okay with murdering a shit ton of people for something he doesn't really understand anyway

at least, not currently

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010

yep, on both accounts

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Starting amount is 5, then add what you get from missions.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    henry lost legions through gm intervention

Squall on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kay, it just said 8 starting points on the rules page and I was wondering if that was always there, a retroactive thing, or only for new players (so they don't start out too far behind the original folks).

EDIT: Perhaps I messed up my points somewhere. It looks like I had 7 points to start. No clue why.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kay, it just said 8 starting points on the rules page and I was wondering if that was always there, a retroactive thing, or only for new players (so they don't start out too far behind the original folks).

That's Stat Points, not Ad points.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Anakin's not really a bad kid though

sure, he steals stuff and what not, but there's no way in hell he'd be okay with murdering a shit ton of people for something he doesn't really understand anyway

at least, not currently

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    marsh, I think the 8 points refers to your stats

actually, I just noticed that 7 includes the points you got from httw

so hmmm

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's five starting points.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yep, apparently I picked up two extra points on accident or something. I'm trying to go through the page history to figure out what was up, but it looks like they were there originally.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dux wrote: »
    Would this be good?
    The Hanged Man

Physical: 4
    Social: 1
    Mental: 3

PhysAds:
    Brutal Attack [2] Tough [3] Mutant [2] Super-Agility [Robot/Mutant][4x1]
    SocAds:
    Intimidate [1]Renown [1]
    MentAds

SocOds:
    Pariah [-3] Terrible Liar [-1]
    MentOds:
    Compulsion: Alcoholism [-1] Compulsion: Nicotine Addiction [-1]

noooo
    i liked THM as a human. I liked the idea of him being the normal human who just happens to have a shitload of guns to even the odds. Gear Specialization [1], Modify [3], (Profession) [2]

These are all things that will make THM super badass at long range. I think you're jumping the gun on respeccing to a mutant.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    so you need to do minimum 4 damage to hurt RB, and he needs to take 12 damage to die? dang.

Squall on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yep, apparently I picked up two extra points on accident or something. I'm trying to go through the page history to figure out what was up, but it looks like they were there originally.

did you get them for arting?

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lockout wrote: »

did you get them for arting?

nah, I think I'm just bad at maths.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    you got away with those extra points when you lost legions Marsh

I'm pretty sure you're legal

Squall on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Some of the things you had may have changed value too marsh.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Squall wrote: »
    so you need to do minimum 4 damage to hurt RB, and he needs to take 12 damage to die? dang.

DE?AD's probably going to mess with Tough and Natural Armor to rebalance though

I just want R.B. to be this bright-eyed, kindhearted idealist whose only saving grace is that he's a big, tough, scary monster

with a really nice voice

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dux wrote: »
    Would this be good?
    The Hanged Man

Physical: 4
    Social: 1
    Mental: 3

PhysAds:
    Brutal Attack [2] Tough [3] Mutant [2] Super-Agility [Robot/Mutant][4x1]
    SocAds:
    Intimidate [1]Renown [1]
    MentAds

SocOds:
    Pariah [-3] Terrible Liar [-1]
    MentOds:
    Compulsion: Alcoholism [-1] Compulsion: Nicotine Addiction [-1]

noooo
    i liked THM as a human. I liked the idea of him being the normal human who just happens to have a shitload of guns to even the odds. Gear Specialization [1], Modify [3], (Profession) [2]

These are all things that will make THM super badass at long range. I think you're jumping the gun on respeccing to a mutant.

I find the idea of an apocalyptic, drinking, smoking, bandaged bastard very endearing.

image015.jpg

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Lockout wrote: »
    Squall wrote: »

DE?AD's probably going to mess with Tough and Natural Armor to rebalance though

I just want R.B. to be this bright-eyed, kindhearted idealist whose only saving grace is that he's a big, tough, scary monster

with a really nice voice

Since we're both super mutants, you should play RB with a Jeeves voice and I'll go with Wooster.
    I'm fully aware that RB can't really talk, which is why this will be great.

edit: t kro exactly!

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm including Legion's disease points though.
    Connected [2]
    Rockstar [2]
    Repose [2]
    Well-traveled [2]
    Profession x3 [3]
    Well-Read [1]
    =12
    Legions [-4]
    Compulsion [-1]
    = 7 starting points
    Only thing I can think of is I probably meant to drop well-traveled but forgot or something.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    well profession is 2 points now anyways so I guess work with that?

Squall on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am going off my starting sheet, the original one, before any changes were made to ads or Henry lost Legions.

He is still 7 points, ergo I made a mistake.

Marshmallow on
This discussion has been closed.