Options

[MICHAEL BAY ON]Bad Company 2: Carl Gustav is king!

• Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I like the idea of shotguns in this game more than I actually like them. I seem to get killed with them all the time, yet I've yet to kill more than two people with them in a match.

I seem to get killed by the SAIGA a lot, but whenever I use it, it takes like 5-6 rounds at about 5 meters to kill someone, and I just give up. Apparently I'm doing it wrong. Slugs haven't made it any more worthwhile for me.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    No I will not

banned

M.D. on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    But I will not I mean I will

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    s3rial one wrote: »
    I'm speaking as someone who has unlocked it and used it extensively, not just someone who's been killed by it. It's cheese. It needs the damage cut by about 40% and the accuracy reduced significantly. It shouldn't be the most damaging and most accurate LMG at once.

So it should be worthless?

Ranced on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm speaking as someone who has unlocked it and used it extensively, not just someone who's been killed by it. It's cheese. It needs the damage cut by about 40% and the accuracy reduced significantly.

So you think the M60 should have it's power cut, it's accuracy cut, and just have medium power, medium accuracy, and slow rate of fire?

There'd be no point in using it. You sacrifice mobility and the ability to actually use covering fire for high power and relatively high accuracy. Without those two it's just a hunk of junk that slows you down and can't spit out that many bullets.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ranced wrote: »
    I'm speaking as someone who has unlocked it and used it extensively, not just someone who's been killed by it. It's cheese. It needs the damage cut by about 40% and the accuracy reduced significantly. It shouldn't be the most damaging and most accurate LMG at once.

So it should be worthless?

No, it should be the most damaging LMG per-shot by a small amount, not a factor of two. And it should have its accuracy reduced to something less than the MG36 and XM8 LMG.

EDIT: Let me dig up the chart. The release numbers came out, finally, and the M60 does like 39 damage per shot at short range, while no other LMG does much more than 20. It has less damage fall-off at long range, too.

EDIT 2: Can't find the source again and I forgot to bookmark it. GalagaGalaxian posted this in the last thread:

(spoilered for h-scroll)

LMGs:
    lmgstats.jpg

Full chart:
    bfbc2stats.png

s3rial one on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    it should only have 150 rounds how bout that

M.D. on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sheep you were on fire last night, I hope you friended nero, he's one of my favorite squad mate duders.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Def how's the ping for us Americanos on your server

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Sheep you were on fire last night, I hope you friended nero, he's one of my favorite squad mate duders.

Did not. I'll try to keep that in mind next time I see him. He's free to add me as well.

I like how that one guy jumps into the squad, acts all shit tough, and doesn't score better than any of us.

"Yo, any of you douches have mics on tonight?"
    "Don't fucking revive me if you don't know what you're doing Sheep"

Sheeeeeeep - 9000 points
    Asshat - 1100 points

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Apparently I cackle like a little girl when I kill someone in an amusing way

Like sniping Talios off of a hopping Jetski

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Really, personally I don't have any problems with any of the weapons as they are in the game right now. Sure I don't like getting killed before I have a chance to respond when my own attacks seem far more susceptible to retaliation, but I can live with that.

What actually bothers me is how most of the weapons just feel the same, or are functionally the same. There appears to be two kinds of every weapon and that's it. Pump shotguns, and auto shotties. Normal snipers and weak-ass stealthy snipers. Full auto AR's and Burst AR's. etc etc. The differences beyond that seem pretty much inconsequential. Regardless of perks, every normal sniper will always take two non-headshots to kill. Pump action shotguns are literally interchangeable. I am loving this game, just wondering how long I'll be able to love it for.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    yo, where is that site grabbing its stats from.

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    I unlocked the M60 last night after an epic game of 9000 points scored and something like 31 kills to 8 deaths.

The M60 is not overpowered. You can shut up about it. You can't see shit with it, it fires slow, and if you wanna put a scope on it you lose probably one of the best specializations in the game.

Your statement does not take into account that it's a laser. Of course you can't kill anything if you can't see anyone, as the iron sights suck. But a 4x on that bitch? Yummy.

Laser implies that it has a steady stream of bullets, which it doesn't. The M60 fires slow.

True about putting the 4X or even the red dot on it, but if you do that then you lose out of some serious healing ability.

Though, honestly, in my epic run last night I was medic with the Saiga and I was just raining down hell upon the plebes.

Oddly enough, I do much better with the M60 when I am using the iron sights.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Did not. I'll try to keep that in mind next time I see him. He's free to add me as well.

I like how that one guy jumps into the squad, acts all shit tough, and doesn't score better than any of us.

Sheeeeeeep - 9000 points
    Asshat - 1100 points

That must have been after I logged for the night, I was basically bullshitting with nero all night, I know I'm not that good due to my restless nature in conquest. I mean I just don't feel right if I'm not out there getting blown up.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You know, I'd like to use something other than the M60, but I suck even worse as Shotgun Medic.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ...and again, as soon as someone posts the numbers, the M60 argument just gets dropped. That's what, like three times now?

s3rial one on
  • Options
    Magic RadioMagic Radio Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    You know, I'd like to use something other than the M60, but I suck even worse as Shotgun Medic.

You could use the m14; it's pretty rad. Oh, and you could do handguns only if you wanted to be a true hero.

Magic Radio on
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

For the initial info. based on beta.

http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general2&action=display&thread=1165

For a few charts that look like the one posted earlier in this thread, and may or may not be accurate.

Column on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Sheeeeeeep - 9000 points
    Asshat - 1100 points

That must have been after I logged for the night, I was basically bullshitting with nero all night, I know I'm not that good due to my restless nature in conquest. I mean I just don't feel right if I'm not out there getting blown up.

Nah, you were there. It was me, you, another guy, and an open slot that that guy filled. I think it was after the squad got split for a bit.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I want the MG3 just to rain lead down on an area

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ...and again, as soon as someone posts the numbers, the M60 argument just gets dropped. That's what, like three times now?

well, your numbers are a bit off, using the chart you posted.

a more realistic request is a 20% drop in damage, since the rate of fire is so much slower than the other LMGs.

any request to lower accuracy is just gonna piss people off, bringing back bad memories of how utterly shit LMGs were in Battlefield 2.

edit: ^^^^^MG3 is really freakin' fun especially in house to house fighting

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Column wrote: »

http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

For the initial info. based on beta.

http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general2&action=display&thread=1165

For a few charts that look like the one posted earlier in this thread, and may or may not be accurate.

sorry, I was unclear

I want the stats site that is creating the sigs, I don't want the stats in the sig, I want to know my other stats

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

What? You said that the M60 was twice as powerful as the other guns and then the info you posted said the opposite. At most, unmodified, the M60 does only does 10 more points of damage compared to other LMGs. If it does more you sacrifice your medics ability to be an efficient medic.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    He could have said "twice as powerful" to be taken as hyperbole sheep

I mean you've considered that right

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Nah, you were there. It was me, you, another guy, and an open slot that that guy filled. I think it was after the squad got split for a bit.

I must have completely spaced it, or maybe that was in game chat and I didn't hear it because I was in party? Still my favorite moment was when that idiot took up a position the next room over when were on position b, walking over and shanking him was glorious.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2010

a more realistic request is a 20% drop in damage, since the rate of fire is so much slower than the other LMGs.

any request to lower accuracy is just gonna piss people off, bringing back bad memories of how utterly shit LMGs were in Battlefield 2.

The fire rate is still extremely high for a weapon that damaging, even with the damage reduced by 20%.

The issue with accuracy is balance against other LMGs. Fire rate rarely amounts to much. If it did, the MG3 wouldn't be such a monumental pile of shit. The M60 shouldn't be the most accurate and the most damaging. A 20% cut in damage with the same accuracy still makes it superior to every other LMG in the game.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    AlejandroDaJAlejandroDaJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I had my Battlefield Moment of the Week(tm) last night on Isla Innocentes.

I was defending, and my team got pushed all the way back to the last point. I got to the Hind first and hopped in, waiting for a squadmate or teammate to join me and take the gunner seat. Unfortunately, none of my team had respawned back at base yet and most were retreating on foot from the previous area. As a result, the enemy Blackhawk was overhead and firing at me before I even took off.

So I took off before they could destroy me on the ground. I flew straight up in my wonderful, impotent flying machine, decided that I couldn't actually accomplish anything without a gunner, and just flew my Hind straight into their Blackhawk at ramming speed.

Now would be a great time to conclude the story with "And we both blew up", but sadly, I was the only one that died in the crash. Their Blackhawk became severely damaged but stayed aloft. Still, though. My squadmate saw it happen and said, "Did... did you just kamikazi right into their Blackhawk? I know you were the only one that died, but that was still cool."

Also, Engineers in the backseat of a Blackhawk ftw.

AlejandroDaJ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The MG3, from what I've seen, isn't for picking apart that one dude at 100m

It's for raining a pile of lead on a whole squad

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Misunderstanding

Ah, not sure on that.

Column on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Kinda like how the "semi sucky sniper rifles" aren't really good for long-range combat

Slap an ACOG on them and get near the front lines and they're fine

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

What? You said that the M60 was twice as powerful as the other guns and then the info you posted said the opposite. At most, unmodified, the M60 does only does 10 more points of damage compared to other LMGs. If it does more you sacrifice your medics ability to be an efficient medic.

I was winging it without the numbers in front of me.

It's more than twice as powerful, per-round, as the MG3, just shy of twice as powerful as the T-88, MG36, and SAW, and a little more than 50% more powerful than the PKM and XM8. That better?

Point is:

1) It's far more damaging than other LMGs
    2) It's far more accurate than other LMGs

The only reason to use anything other the the M60 is personal taste (or having not unlocked it yet). It is utterly dominant over every other LMG in every range and every setting.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

The fire rate is still extremely high for a weapon that damaging, even with the damage reduced by 20%.

The issue with accuracy is balance against other LMGs. Fire rate rarely amounts to much. If it did, the MG3 wouldn't be such a monumental pile of shit. The M60 shouldn't be the most accurate and the most damaging. A 20% cut in damage with the same accuracy still makes it superior to every other LMG in the game.

If you lower the accuracy on a gun with a lower fire rate people are just going to stop using it.

(I don't use it anyway, I use the SAW because it's more fun, and I don't have the slot to spare for a scope for the m60)

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I can't decide if I love or hate the VSS
    it's basically an engy SMG in a recon kit. I'm going to have to experiment with it more to find a suitable playstyle.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

If you lower the accuracy on a gun with a lower fire rate people are just going to stop using it.

(I don't use it anyway, I use the SAW because it's more fun, and I don't have the slot to spare for a scope for the m60)

Oranged for utter lies.

Again, the M60 is the single most accurate LMG. It's also the single most damaging LMG. It has the lowest fire rate, true, but still has the shortest TTK.

There's no reason that a gun that has the lowest fire rate, highest damage, and middle-of-the-pack accuracy would be unusable or undesirable. None at all.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Jaunty wrote: »
    I can't decide if I love or hate the VSS
    it's basically an engy SMG in a recon kit. I'm going to have to experiment with it more to find a suitable playstyle.

Slap a red dot on it and head to the front lines

It's incredibly deadly short to mid-range and most people will never know where they got hit until they're dead

It's perfect for when you are also running C4 instead of the Mortar

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I wish I could ban discussion on the M60

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    He could have said "twice as powerful" to be taken as hyperbole sheep

I mean you've considered that right

I considered that. I just wanted to point out that the stats didn't match his rhetoric and that the M60 has drawbacks.
    I must have completely spaced it, or maybe that was in game chat and I didn't hear it because I was in party? Still my favorite moment was when that idiot took up a position the next room over when were on position b, walking over and shanking him was glorious.

Yeah, I think that was in game.

Did I do the shanking?

I think the most epic part was something like, "DUDE BEHIND YOU. WAIT WA... was that Sheep? Sheep? Fuck. Sheep got em. Holy shit Sheep's still killing them GO SHEEP!"

When I pretty much Rambo'd B on that snow level I felt like 10 feet tall.

Sheep on
  • Options
    DJ Cam CamDJ Cam Cam Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is the foghorn I hear at the end of conquest rounds someone really honking the horn? I can't tell if its there to tell me that the round is almost over.

DJ Cam Cam on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    do I have to play engineer a buttload just to get the repair penis?

same for medic?

also I have this preorder key, where do I input dis

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
This discussion has been closed.