Options

[Chat] with the Devil

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    zen i respect you so much less than the little i did for being an adult who regularly watches modern entertainment wrestling

i mean, i did
    from like 4th through 6th or 7th grade

but anyway

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I have a test at noon today then all I have left to do are two smallish geomorphology assignments and BAM work for last week of class is done!! :D

Though I do have two more exams but they aint for another 2 weeks. Oh god guys summer vacation is right around the corner

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    You've gotta be fucking kidding me. So my manager came to have a word with me this morning. Not a big deal, but here it goes.

Most of you are aware of my job. If not, I work help desk and deal with technical issues and password problems. Forget your password? I'll give you a new one.

So when I give out a password I give out the first four letters of my last name and then the date. So, for instance, today the password is "dico0331". Yes, my last name begins in "Dic" and it is pronounced just like you would imagine. But I've grown up with it, so I really don't think much of it.

Well someone complained to my manager. She laughed it off because it is the dumbest thing she's ever heard someone complain about in a while cause the person that complained knew it was my last name. She even knows my aunt, who works for the same company.

I swear, I fucking hate people.

Also, I forgot to mention, but I've been using this password template for nearly 2 1/2 years. So it's not like it's new and offensive.

One time I made a typo and instead of "this ATM" I typed "shit ATM."

My boss pointed it out, but I said that it still kinda works and we laughed a bit.

But that is an insanely stupid thing for someone to complain about.

"This" and "shit" must be common typos, cause I do that a lot. I always catch it before sending it out. I'm sure my manager would laugh about it as well if I did it.

But yeah, very stupid thing to complain about it. It's not like I'm giving out that password to offend people. It just happens to be apart of my last name. Sorry my last name is so offensive to you.

I was serious, I forgot my password.

give me a new one.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So there I am sitting in the lab, painting my nails while I'm waiting for something to stop sonicating. All of a sudden, it hits me: Why is there nail varnish in the lab?

It was not nail varnish. It was incredibly expensive glue of a very well defined refractive index to match to Gallium Nitride. Quite why they packaged it in a nail varnish bottle, I've no idea. Either way, it also doesn't dry like nail varnish.

Goddammit.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    zen i respect you so much less than the little i did for being an adult who regularly watches modern entertainment wrestling

i mean, i did
    from like 4th through 6th or 7th grade

but anyway

man, of all the things to insult someone on you picked the most pathetically trivial

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    guidochat has summoned Zen

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    So there I am sitting in the lab, painting my nails while I'm waiting for something to stop sonicating. All of a sudden, it hits me: Why is there nail varnish in the lab?

It was not nail varnish. It was incredibly expensive glue of a very well defined refractive index to match to Gallium Nitride. Quite why they packaged it in a nail varnish bottle, I've no idea. Either way, it also doesn't dry like nail varnish.

Goddammit.

Why were you painting your nails???

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh my God I watch professional wrestling I'm so awful

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    You've gotta be fucking kidding me. So my manager came to have a word with me this morning. Not a big deal, but here it goes.

Most of you are aware of my job. If not, I work help desk and deal with technical issues and password problems. Forget your password? I'll give you a new one.

So when I give out a password I give out the first four letters of my last name and then the date. So, for instance, today the password is "dico0331". Yes, my last name begins in "Dic" and it is pronounced just like you would imagine. But I've grown up with it, so I really don't think much of it.

Well someone complained to my manager. She laughed it off because it is the dumbest thing she's ever heard someone complain about in a while cause the person that complained knew it was my last name. She even knows my aunt, who works for the same company.

Also, I forgot to mention, but I've been using this password template for nearly 2 1/2 years. So it's not like it's new and offensive.

My boss pointed it out, but I said that it still kinda works and we laughed a bit.

"This" and "shit" must be common typos, cause I do that a lot. I always catch it before sending it out. I'm sure my manager would laugh about it as well if I did it.

But yeah, very stupid thing to complain about it. It's not like I'm giving out that password to offend people. It just happens to be apart of my last name. Sorry my last name is so offensive to you.

give me a new one.

No.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    okay it isnt that bad

there is just something about zen though

i think it is his beard

it makes me afraid

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You can't grow facial hair

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Goddammit.

I was bored and there was a bottle of what looked like nail varnish.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Goddammit.

I was bored and there was a bottle of what looked like nail varnish.

support for my everyone-is-their-avatar theory continues to accumulate

Arch on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    what is the refractive index of that by the way?

Arch on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

give me a new one.

No.

I'm gonna write up a complaint about how unhelpful you were in this matter.

also, I find the first four letters of your last name offensive.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Goddammit.

Hahahaha.

This is the best story. I will relate it to colleagues.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

give me a new one.

No.

I'm gonna write up a complaint about how unhelpful you were in this matter.

also, I find the first four letters of your last name offensive.

No.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well done Mojo

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »

2.5ish

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ok wait we have ELM and Mojo in [chat], you guys are (most likely) better at instrumentation then I am.

Ok so when I pipette biological samples, unless you are 100% careful (and have the steadiest hands) anything you pipette in a proteinacous medium (like BSA) or a detergent (like Trizol) gets HELLA bubbly, especially if I am running dilution schemes.

Now I get REALLY bored waiting for all the bubbles to pop, and they are tough enough (and small enough) that I can't pop them.

Do you think you could use either a sonicator to pop the bubbles OR if there isn't one, lets develop a device to do that! You guys could have the bulk of the patent money- i just want it to exist (and maybe make a bit off of it)

Arch on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Give the sonicator a whirl, it can't hurt.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Give the sonicator a whirl, it can't hurt.

step 1- get a sonicator

Arch on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Crazy scientists all up ins.

I'm kinda jealous.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh my God I watch professional wrestling I'm so awful

I'm glad you made the first step by admitting. Where are you going for therapy?

Orochi_Rockman on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    almost done

need to finish my introduction

write a conclusion

references

James on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

2.5ish

that is...high

what are you using it for again?

aside from nail polish

Arch on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I'm kinda jealous.

so what are you the majority of if you are just kinda jealous?

mostly bored?
    mostly content?
    mostly hair?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ok wait we have ELM and Mojo in [chat], you guys are (most likely) better at instrumentation then I am.

Ok so when I pipette biological samples, unless you are 100% careful (and have the steadiest hands) anything you pipette in a proteinacous medium (like BSA) or a detergent (like Trizol) gets HELLA bubbly, especially if I am running dilution schemes.

Now I get REALLY bored waiting for all the bubbles to pop, and they are tough enough (and small enough) that I can't pop them.

Do you think you could use either a sonicator to pop the bubbles OR if there isn't one, lets develop a device to do that! You guys could have the bulk of the patent money- i just want it to exist (and maybe make a bit off of it)

i find the little plastic coneshaped test tubes themselves are designed to get rid of bubbles at the lowest level so if you slowly draw them up from the bottom you should get minimal bubbling, otherwise, sometimes i just take the tiny micropippette and start drawing out air and spitting the fluid back into the tube
    really not much of a solution but in my experience i've never found it to be that much of a problem either

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

2.5ish

that is...high

aside from nail polish

well now you pretty much have to try to get your pinky into the mass spec

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Good job mojo

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well, that wasn't a horrific meeting.

Which is good.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

i find the little plastic coneshaped test tubes themselves are designed to get rid of bubbles at the lowest level so if you slowly draw them up from the bottom you should get minimal bubbling, otherwise, sometimes i just take the tiny micropippette and start drawing out air and spitting the fluid back into the tube
    really not much of a solution but in my experience i've never found it to be that much of a problem either

for reference, remember the futurama episode where fry drinks a bunch of coffee and is shaking all the time?

that is me

Arch on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

2.5ish

that is...high

aside from nail polish

Gluing optics to GaN to avoid air bubbles and the need for oil and similar bullshit. I don't use it personally. I'm not really sure on the exact details of the project that does, because it's on the successful side of the group. Mojo "The Island" Jojo works alone, on irrelevant topics.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I'm kinda jealous.

so what are you the majority of if you are just kinda jealous?

mostly bored?
    mostly content?
    mostly hair?

I mostly come out at night.

Mostly.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    There is a '07 vintage of Justin?

Huh?

For some reason I thought the 07 on the end of your name was new. I don't know why. Amnesia, perhaps?

Oh, I thought you referring to my lack of avatar/sig and it was some trend from 2007 or something.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

2.5ish

that is...high

aside from nail polish

Gluing optics to GaN to avoid air bubbles and the need for oil and similar bullshit. I don't use it personally.

well you don't use it for its INTENDED purpose

Arch on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    My sig won't update I'm quite annoyed

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    So my boss just told me that the company that bought our personal lines department is going to be taking the scanning and indexing work that I spend half my day doing with them.

I'm not going with them.

I might get laid off! Yessssssssssss!

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

2.5ish

that is...high

aside from nail polish

Gluing optics to GaN to avoid air bubbles and the need for oil and similar bullshit. I don't use it personally.

well you don't use it for its INTENDED purpose
    The intended use is just to fix things together without the glue itself causing a change in refractive index. Maybe we need to be the prettiest princesses with our shiny nails.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    yes?

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
This discussion has been closed.