As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Souper[chat]

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Fuck the jury!

you only say that because you heard they're hung

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Elki wrote: »
    Noah reached for his guitar, remembering his father as he did so, thinking how much he missed him. He strummed once, adjusted the tension on two strings, then strummed again. This time it sounded about right, and he began to play. Soft music, quiet music. He hummed for a little while at first, then began to sing as night came down around him. He played and sang until the sun was gone and the sky was black.

Get that filth out of here!

He started to run the numbers in his head, then stopped. He knew he'd spent almost his entire savings on the house and would have to find a job again soon, but he pushed the thought away and decided to enjoy the remaining months of restoration without worrying about it. It would work out for him, he knew; it always did. Besides, thinking about money usually bored him. Early on, he'd learned to enjoy simple things, things that couldn't be bought, and he had a hard time understanding people who felt otherwise. It was another trait he got from his father.

Now, swoon. SWOON!

God, this isn't writing.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Noah reached for his guitar, remembering his father as he did so, thinking how much he missed him. He strummed once, adjusted the tension on two strings, then strummed again. This time it sounded about right, and he began to play. Soft music, quiet music. He hummed for a little while at first, then began to sing as night came down around him. He played and sang until the sun was gone and the sky was black.

He started to run the numbers in his head, then stopped. He knew he'd spent almost his entire savings on the house and would have to find a job again soon, but he pushed the thought away and decided to enjoy the remaining months of restoration without worrying about it. It would work out for him, he knew; it always did. Besides, thinking about money usually bored him. Early on, he'd learned to enjoy simple things, things that couldn't be bought, and he had a hard time understanding people who felt otherwise. It was another trait he got from his father.

Now, swoon. SWOON!

This last one sounds like the beginning of a furry fan fic. I have read lots of furry fan fic, I would know.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    peter sarsgaard is a good actor though

Yeah. The Salton Sea and Garden State. Great dude.

I love that scene in the Salton Sea where they open the door and the sun beats the shit out of them.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    60435705.JPG

Talk about range.

The most offensive thing about this cover is the $1 donation.

One fucking dollar.

There is an asterisk.

The American Red Cross is a cross she painted red with a big bucket nailed to it.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Now, swoon. SWOON!
    *sniff*

MT_Toscana_Rec_Tissue.jpg

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Fuck the jury!

you only say that because you heard they're hung
    senj can you get double married in canada because i would like to marry you

MikeMan on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, that shit is just average level terrible. You have no idea the kind of crap that is produced by the romance novel industry.

You know, like the whole series of Native American themed romance novels like this: http://www.amazon.com/Savage-Dawn-Leisure-Historical-Romance/dp/0843958804/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271650113&sr=1-8

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Actually, hung juries are the worst.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    it's a blood drive

get it

a vampire novel

Elendil on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2010

Now, swoon. SWOON!

God, this isn't writing.

He was thirty-one now, not too old, but old enough to be lonely. He hadn't dated since he'd been back here, hadn't met anyone who remotely interested him. It was his own fault, he knew. There was something that kept a distance between him and any woman who started to get close, something he wasn't sure he could change even if he tried. And sometimes in the moments right before sleep came, he wondered if he was destined to be alone forever.

Could you be the one? I bet you hope so.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Man, that shit is just average level terrible. You have no idea the kind of crap that is produced by the romance novel industry.

You know, like the whole series of Native American themed romance novels like this: http://www.amazon.com/Savage-Dawn-Leisure-Historical-Romance/dp/0843958804/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271650113&sr=1-8

That is not a native American.

That is Fabio with a tan.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    anyone here read the dresden files and have finished the last book? cause it is pretty stupid and i wanna bitch but there is no fucking way i am doing it on their forums- everyone is so creepy there it is astounding.

the ending is literally shit. like on a plate, and is the most hackneyed trite i have ever read, and then people defend it

Arch on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Actually, hung juries are the worst.

Mistrials are pretty crap.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

No it's offensive because he thinks he is so awesome he's in his own genre, or something. He thinks Cormac McCarthy isn't a good writer.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think that instead of The Notebook, Elki should read the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher.

Or the Dresden series.

Because they're fun books.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hung29.jpg

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    O louse with shriveled eye--as long as rivers spill their shelving waters into the abysses
    of the sea; as long as the stars gravitate along their orbits' paths; as long as the mute
    void has no horizon; as long as humanity rends its own flanks in deadly wars; as long as
    divine justice casts its vengeful bolts upon the selfish globe; as long as man disregards
    his Creator and (not without reason) flouts him, so doing with some contempt--your reign
    over the universe will be assured, and your dynasty extend from age to age. I salute you,
    rising sun, celestial liberator, you invisible enemy of man. Continue telling Filth to
    unite with man in tainted embraces and to swear to him by oaths not blown to dust that she
    shall remain his faithful lover for eternity. From time to time, kiss this grand wanton's
    robe, in memory of the important services she does not fail to render you. If she did not
    seduce man with her lascivious teats, probably you could not exist--you, the product of
    this rational and consistent coupling. O son of Filth! tell your mother that if she
    abandons man's bed to wander alone and friendless along desolate ways she will see her
    existence imperiled. May the bowels which bore you nine months in their perfumed maw stir
    a moment at the thought of the dangers that their tender fruit (fruit so nice, tranquil,
    but already cold and ferocious) would consequently encounter. Filth, might empress,
    preserve for my hate's eyes the sight of your famished progeny and the imperceptible
    increase of their muscles. To attain this end you know you need only glue yourself closer
    to man's flanks. This you can do conveniently enough for decorum, since both of you have
    long been married.

that should cleanse the palate
    "But your dad's a science teacher," Schmidt objected. "Yes." "Then you know that science proves evolution," added Schmidt. "Parts of evolution," I said. "But I believe that God created us and also that He can create an evolutionary process that allows species to change and adapt." Schmidt winced and raised his eyebrows. In the dim light, his sunglasses shifted atop his hear. I had just dared to mention the C-word: creationism. But I felt I was on solid factual ground.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    He and Hemmingway are bros.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    O louse with shriveled eye--as long as rivers spill their shelving waters into the abysses
    of the sea; as long as the stars gravitate along their orbits' paths; as long as the mute
    void has no horizon; as long as humanity rends its own flanks in deadly wars; as long as
    divine justice casts its vengeful bolts upon the selfish globe; as long as man disregards
    his Creator and (not without reason) flouts him, so doing with some contempt--your reign
    over the universe will be assured, and your dynasty extend from age to age. I salute you,
    rising sun, celestial liberator, you invisible enemy of man. Continue telling Filth to
    unite with man in tainted embraces and to swear to him by oaths not blown to dust that she
    shall remain his faithful lover for eternity. From time to time, kiss this grand wanton's
    robe, in memory of the important services she does not fail to render you. If she did not
    seduce man with her lascivious teats, probably you could not exist--you, the product of
    this rational and consistent coupling. O son of Filth! tell your mother that if she
    abandons man's bed to wander alone and friendless along desolate ways she will see her
    existence imperiled. May the bowels which bore you nine months in their perfumed maw stir
    a moment at the thought of the dangers that their tender fruit (fruit so nice, tranquil,
    but already cold and ferocious) would consequently encounter. Filth, might empress,
    preserve for my hate's eyes the sight of your famished progeny and the imperceptible
    increase of their muscles. To attain this end you know you need only glue yourself closer
    to man's flanks. This you can do conveniently enough for decorum, since both of you have
    long been married.

John what’sisface. Milton? Dryden?

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    If you don't stop posting Nicholas Sparks I'm going to write more Nicholas Sparks fanfiction.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Elki you're fucking torturing me this is terrible

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    what are you posting elki?

Arch on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    He and Hemmingway are bros.

Like this.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    twilight-blade-twilight-series-7218972-400-267.jpg

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    anyone here read the dresden files and have finished the last book? cause it is pretty stupid and i wanna bitch but there is no fucking way i am doing it on their forums- everyone is so creepy there it is astounding.

the ending is literally shit. like on a plate, and is the most hackneyed trite i have ever read, and then people defend it

You know what book had a shitty ending?

Absolute Friends, by John le Carre.

Ugh.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    peter sarsgaard is a good actor though

Yeah. The Salton Sea and Garden State. Great dude.

I love that scene in the Salton Sea where they open the door and the sun beats the shit out of them.

Yeah, hahahah.

One of my top ten all-time favorite films.

Drez on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Cassie Edwards is still pumping out novels? I've read her, those are some serious bodice rippers.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Worth a chuckle.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Ugh.

so is this like you bitching about an obscure book or something because I did?

Arch on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    stilist wrote: »
    long been married.

John what’sisface. Milton? Dryden?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Chants_de_Maldoror

it has shark-fucking!

Elendil on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

I love that picture.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nicholas Sparks laid naked and in a diagonal manner across a bed of his own books. The covers were adoringly signed by him and he luxuriated in the feel of Sharpie rubbing off on his slightly hairy skin.

"I am so good," he told himself, waiting for the Viagra to kick in.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Almost forgot about the whole NASCAR series of romance novels

http://www.eharlequin.com/store.html?cid=600

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Ugh.

so is this like you bitching about an obscure book or something because I did?

Me bitching.

It was a pretty good book up until the end. And after Constant Gardener and Tailor of Panama, I was looking forward to good times, you know? But no! It's got to have a message.

Still, Constant Gardener is a great book, so it's alright in the end I 'spose.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Ugh.
    I was not a big fan of The Spy Who Came In From the Cold

the lady character in that one was like, Farewell to Arms bad

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Nicholas Sparks laid naked and in a diagonal manner across a bed of his own books. The covers were adoringly signed by him and he luxuriated in the feel of Sharpie rubbing off on his slightly hairy skin.

"I am so good," he told himself, waiting for the Viagra to kick in.

snerk

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Drez on
This discussion has been closed.