As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So I got rubbed last night.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    All wearing a Nixon mask on top of his cowl.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bat-Nixon is the worst.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    ZEROIDZEROID Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wow do I feel lucky or what? I never owned a car but when I lived in dorm with a friend of mine, we never locked doors unless we were changing or something. That went on for a year and I never had a thing stolen. Granted we were friends with everybody on the floor but there were non-friends in the buildings. In fact, my house is probably not locked, my door isn't locked either. And I don't worry about getting locked out because I know that the back door is always open. But then again, there's nothing to steal in my room except my clothing and texts books.

I also leave my laptop in the library all the time, with my wallet inside my bag. And go eat dinner or go to class for a couple of hours but never got anything stolen. I know people who got their things stolen by shitty roommates as a farewell gift but I find it so hard to believe that people do this shit all the time :/

ZEROID on
  • Options
    TardTard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    26797101960f106ec9c5.jpg

Tard on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tard, that's goddamn amazing.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    someone tried to get into my car one night, they pried around the door lock, I guess trying to bend the metal enough to reach something in to pick/disengage the lock, but either gave up or ran when the alarm went off

but really, my Jeep is 13 years old and has nothing of value in it, I think stealing all my junk could have been considered a favor

Scudo on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    why would you do that

edit: @tard

KalTorak on
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    when I was in the fifth or sixth grade, I (irresponsibly) left my bike out overnight on the front porch (which is mostly concealed by a brick wall)

someone nabbed it, and I woke up the next morning to my mom yelling at me how dumb it was to leave it out like that

I was pretty bummed about it

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    this one time I woke up in the morning to find my sisters bike stolen

we found it two blocks away, right in front of a power pole, with the front wheel slightly bent

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    oh! I have been majorly robbed once

I let a friend borrow Pokemon Snap and he sold it

Scudo on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've never been mugged mugged but there's a lot of beggar/muggers hanging around here, you know the aggressive types

I call them... buggers

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    oh yeah also at one of those 'get out and an employee drives your car through the carwash' places

the dude stole my rented copy of killer instinct: gold

fucking dick

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I left Gauntlet Dark Legacy at a friend's place and he traded it in towards Mass Effect (they gave him, like, 25 cents)

I wanted to be angry, but at the same time, well, consider the situation

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Scudo wrote: »

My brother liked to do this.

Borrow things, then when he was done with it, list it on eBay.

I don't think it was malicious or anything, he just never held on to anything once he lost interest, and didn't think about it enough to remember he was only borrowing whatever.

Still, jerk. >:(

Ranlin on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Clearly he proved he was the very best of friends with this

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

would have broken his legs

I lent my N64 with like 12 games to a friend of a friend and he moved to America the next day

whooooops

Beasteh on
  • Options
    TardTard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Tard, that's goddamn amazing.

a work of art

brought to you through the power of google-fu

Tard on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I remember i biked to work with my ex one day
    and later in the night im like
    yo can i have the lock key im gonna head home
    and she goes oh dont worry about it i didnt have time to lock'em up
    and i flip out
    all "what if they were stolen, what would i do then? just because you were too damn lazy to lock them up"
    and we had this huge argument about how i don't trust her with small things and shit

then i went outside and our bikes were gone

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    if we had been in Texas he would've been dead

if we had lived in Ireland critics would be pointing to that chapter of my semi-autobiographical novel as the point my childhood truly ended

Scudo on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh, before my Playstation got stolen, I loaned some of the games to one of my friends.

When I asked for them back, my friend said he didn't have them and thought he must have returned them. Seeing as he might have given them to my brother, who he worked with, and then they would just get dumped in a pile of stuff on the floor with clothes and schoolwork and whatever else, I couldn't say he hadn't.

But then they never turned up. Later, that was the year we discovered his brother had started to get into drugs in a big way. Shit that could be sold for a few bucks here and there that wouldn't be missed for a while just started... disappearing. Constantly, with more and more frequency. My games were probably amongst the first things to go.

I'd like to say my friend was pretty apologetic, but he just sort of shrugged and pointed out life is shit sometimes and I should harden up. I never really met his brother, but he owes me a copy of Wip3out.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    wipeout was awesome

well I mean I never ended up buying it, but I played the demo a bunch

L|ama on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Someone once stole my badass X-Wing toy when I was a kid in like, 2nd grade. That was complete bullshit, that toy was my Holy Grail, it was mine dammit.

My parents tried to make me happy by replacing it with a Y-Wing.

It just wasn't the same.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    so before i read the title as 'i got robed last night'

and since the change, i keep reading it as 'i got rubed last night'

in both cases i prefer my mistake

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My neighbor keeps stealing my skull-and-crossbones doormat and putting it outside their own apartment, like I just might not notice.

Ein on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ein wrote: »
    My neighbor keeps stealing my skull-and-crossbones doormat and putting it outside their own apartment, like I just might not notice.

worst thieves ever

Raneados on
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've never actually been robbed, per se, but someone did enter my car with the intent to steal something. I leave it unlocked because, honestly, it's 25 years old and there's nothing of value in it. I parked it for the weekend at Purdue University while visiting my girlfriend, and when we got in it Sunday afternoon someone had obviously tried to get into the "glovebox".

However, anyone familiar with the Pontiac Fiero knows they don't have a glovebox in the normal location. Instead there's this piece of fabric with the Fiero logo on it wrapped around a dash panel, which is supposed to be used as a map pocket. My girlfriend found it on the floor on the passenger side of the car.

It seems like whoever was in my car pulled on it until the panel gave way, probably said what the fuck, and then set the mostly undamaged panel back into it's spot and left. I had to super glue it back into place, but the thought of the surprise that guy must have had when it wasn't the glovebox makes it all alright.

jgeis on
  • Options
    TskTsk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Raneados wrote: »

worst thieves ever

As kids, we would sometimes go into apartment buildings and play a game we called "Welcome Mat Shuffle".

Tsk on
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tsk wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »

worst thieves ever

As kids, we would sometimes go into apartment buildings and play a game we called "Welcome Mat Shuffle".

I was sort've guessing that this might be the case, but I don't know.

Ein on
  • Options
    TskTsk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Do they make custom doormats? You should get one that says "You aren't welcome to this one either" and put that one by your door also.

Tsk on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

if we had lived in Ireland critics would be pointing to that chapter of my semi-autobiographical novel as the point my childhood truly ended

whu?

FAQ on
  • Options
    DJ Cam CamDJ Cam Cam Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My brother was a bad druggie at one point. He stole my saxophone from under my bed and sold it to a pawn shop. This was not known until the music store that we were making payments to for the saxophone called and were asking why it was in a pawn shop. Needless to say there was a lot of yelling in my house that day.

DJ Cam Cam on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    when i was in kindergarten some older kid proposed a trade for my charizard card
    since i was in kindergarten i agreed to give it to him now and receive whatever it was later for the trade

of course, he never was able to get it for a myriad of made up reasons
    also he was pretty openly laughing at me when making up stupid excuses thinking that because i was younger i wouldn't do anything. he was kind of a dick all the time really
    and so i asked for my card back, and he refused to give me it

so i kicked him in the stomach (i never got my charizard back though)

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    FAQ wrote: »

whu?

it was a bad portrait of the artist as a young man joke

the loss of pokemon snap was not actually much of a turning point in my life

Scudo on
  • Options
    CowardlyCowardly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My friend bought himself a PS3, and after a couple of weeks it dissapeared. Turns out his Mum just went and gave it to his cousins. No idea why.

However, that did not affect me so lets segue into something that did

My buddy didn't know if he'd get his Ps3 back (he assumed that his cousins would be understanding or nice. They were neither) so to fill his time, he bought a 360 and kept it at his Dads house (I should mention his parents are divorced). After buying a 360 and Ps3, he didn't have much money so he didn't have many games at all. I sympathized and leant him some of mine.

He comes home one day to find his beloved console once again taken, this time his dad had sold it (and all of his and my games). His father had attempted to be noble, though, declaring he had "sold that piece of junk and look at all this money buy yourself something nice why are you looking at me like that".

He'd gotten less than half the value of the xbox, and given the games for pittence. My friend was pissed. I was very dissapointed in his family as a whole.

Cowardly on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I once had someone steal all the change in the ashtray in my car, leaving my Zune, wallet, and cellphone. What the fuck sort of criminal steals pocket change and leaves expensive electronics and a wallet? Still, I started locking my car at night since I don't want to take chances the next one will be so nice (or stupid).

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ShakesbeardShakesbeard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VecYzKy81w

oh god they're leaving the nest and spreading into the streets

Shakesbeard on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ahahahaha

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Cowardly wrote: »
    My friend bought himself a PS3, and after a couple of weeks it dissapeared. Turns out his Mum just went and gave it to his cousins. No idea why.

My buddy didn't know if he'd get his Ps3 back (he assumed that his cousins would be understanding or nice. They were neither) so to fill his time, he bought a 360 and kept it at his Dads house (I should mention his parents are divorced). After buying a 360 and Ps3, he didn't have much money so he didn't have many games at all. I sympathized and leant him some of mine.

He comes home one day to find his beloved console once again taken, this time his dad had sold it (and all of his and my games). His father had attempted to be noble, though, declaring he had "sold that piece of junk and look at all this money buy yourself something nice why are you looking at me like that".

He'd gotten less than half the value of the xbox, and given the games for pittence. My friend was pissed. I was very dissapointed in his family as a whole.

Jesus christ, what a pack of shitheads

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Jesus christ, what a pack of shitheads

Holy fuck I would have murdered them all.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I can't even fathom this

Green on