Options

[Fallout 3] Wubba harrrrglb? JAMBAAGLR

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I am glad ammo is weightless.

It made me so mad in F1/2 when I couldn't carry anything because my ammo was taking up half my capacity. and it wasn't even a stupid amount of ammo.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I find the "ammo as currency" a neat idea. Food as currency is a neat idea too.

To whoever was getting bored with it, have you tried role-playing a character? It is tempting to just be the best you can, to "power game," to "min/max". It is harder, and perhaps more fulfilling, to think of a character concept and play a character.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    StrikerkcStrikerkc Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

To whoever was getting bored with it, have you tried role-playing a character? It is tempting to just be the best you can, to "power game," to "min/max". It is harder, and perhaps more fulfilling, to think of a character concept and play a character.

It's a lot easier the first time through a game I've found, becuase you have no idea what you're missing or gaining by doing a certain thing. You try and do it the second or third time you play through a game, and it's just a bunch of meaningless choices it seems like.

Strikerkc on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

It made me so mad in F1/2 when I couldn't carry anything because my ammo was taking up half my capacity. and it wasn't even a stupid amount of ammo.

How many guns were you using? You should be able to have more than enough ammo for anything you're using (usually 1-2 primary weapons and that is it). Everything else should be stored or sold (turned into currency, which IIRC was weightless).

Ammunition being valuable does make sense, the problem is when it has no weight it becomes more valuable than actual currency, is easier to find (everything that shoots you has ammo remember) and quickly breaks any economy the game has.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I think limited inventory is vital to the game. Fallout 3 showed me that without ammo weight ammo becomes more worthwhile than actual currency (which is totally ass backwards). Being able to afford 900 stimpacks because I have about 70,000 rounds of 5.56mm that I never use in my inventory (okay it's 69,783 rounds to be precise) breaks the games economy. There is no choice as to what I pick up or use. I can easily maintain having 9 guns, devaluing skills like repair because I'm using billions of different weapons anyway.

While with inventory being limited suddenly tough choices have to be made. Having a high strength as opposed to dumping it is not a more worthwhile choice (I've never played Fallout 3 with more than 4 strength or so - I convert everything into ammo that I can). Repair is more valuable when you can't carry around 9 weapons and enough ammunition to use all of them easily. This aspect coming back with New Vegas really excites me.

I actually like the idea that Metro 2033 did. I haven't played it, but certainly, ammo makes a better currency, especially in a barter system, than useless bottle caps. Bottle caps which are much more finite than ammo, apparently, as there isn't anybody producing Nuka, but everybody is producing ammo.

I wouldn't mind a real barter system. It'd be... interesting. Offer X missles for Y mini-nukes or something. Complicated, but an interesting thing.

As far limits, see, I'm a game-breaker. Even in regards to role playing, I role play as a hoarder. This means I go back and forth for every last piece of scrap crap. Minus the truly useless bent tin cans and such. One way or the other, I am getting those items*. The only thing limits change is how pissed off I get in the process.

*I've stopped picking shit up all together, actually. Its not worth the min/maxing my inventory. I'm playing to min/max my character, at most, not his slippers and shirts. This makes exploring meaningless and killing enemies pointless, because now I have no excuse or reason to. Previously these two things offered a possibility of loot, thats why ya do 'em. It might not be loot you need, but its loot you want. The end of the day, thats what fuels a game like this, even if it isn't advertised like Borderlands.

I'm also a cranky bastard that gets pissed off at anything that remotely limits my playing, with obvious exceptions. I don't expect or want God mode, but I want absolute fluidity, whatever that might entail.
    Joeslop wrote: »
    I know for sure there was a mod for Oblivion that basically gave you multipliers to your carry weight. You could choose 2x, 3x, all the way up to maybe 10x your carry weight.

I'm sure there is a version for Fallout 3.

(unless you have it on 360 in which case I am so sorry)

EDIT: Well from a Post-Apocalyptic world point of view, ammo WOULD probably be worth more than money. Just sayin'.

I expect there is a mod, but I have this thing about games. I just gotta do 'em as intended to ensure I get my full experience, before I go breaking it to my will. I intend to mod in many things, like bright skies, green stuff, ghouls galore and the works, once I'm fully done every last detail.
    Yeah, limited inventory makes the game work. I currently carry a lot of guns, typically combat shotgun, Chinese assault rifle, laser pistol, and railway rifle. I have a ton of grenades and mines, a pile of stimpacks and rad-away, and several thousand rounds of ammo. That still lets me carry somewhere around 100 kg of other junk. 100kg is 220 pounds. That's a goddamned human being!

So I want to advance the storyline enough to get Enclave dudes running around and meet Fawkes. I run into individual Enclave guys once in a while, but I read something about Enclave camps and patrols at the Vault. What quests do I do to make these things happen?

I never carry more than 3 weapons, if that. One melee, one ranged. Thats all I carry, and I nearly never need my stimpacks, which is the only reason I have 700+. I use 'em once in a while, but mostly rely on beds to recoup. I never use chems, either, since I min/maxed this character. 100 in everything and 10 in all. As for my 3rd weapon, its usually something silly like the dart gun that I carry for laughs and playing with bugs.

You'll meet the Enclave plenty, especially if you have Broken Steel. The Steel missions basically leave behind an endless supply of corpses. Which is one thing that tweaks me. Here are all these beautiful armours and plasma weapons and the game is telling me to fuck off and I can't have 'em. My sense of entitlement is to deep to ignore, dang nab it!

I'll second this. Oblivion grieved me to no end when simply have a combination of shield/axe, bow/arrow basically took up all my space, combined with the armour I wore. It was basically, I go naked with a single weapon or I pick up nothing. Blech.

Funny thing is, I tried roleplaying my first run. Utterly pointless, by the time I reached 20, all my skills were almost 100 just by virtue of having played the game. With Almost Perfect at 30, I got all 9s, anyways. No matter what you roleplay as for the first 5 levels, you end up doing whatever you want in the end.

The more I play F3, the more disappointed I am with it, haha. Its one of my favourite games, without a doubt, its just a bit silly at times. I wanted to play the old Fallout classic of super-strong moron, but realized it wasn't even possible. The difference between a 10 in INT or STR isn't relevant to anything but skill points and WG.

I fully expect New Vegas to blow my mind, and, quite possibly, rock my socks. Go get 'em, Obsidian!

Edit:
    Strikerkc wrote: »

It's a lot easier the first time through a game I've found, becuase you have no idea what you're missing or gaining by doing a certain thing. You try and do it the second or third time you play through a game, and it's just a bunch of meaningless choices it seems like.

This as well. I mean, I know the secrets. Its kinda hard to... unknow them? Not that there is much of a secret, since roleplaying here seems to be "are you a saint or neutural?" because going evil means the game pretty much dries up. Anything truly evil I could do in this game would either somehow count as good, because the karma system is silly, or would completely cut-off parts of the game. I don't know what it is with RPGs, but it basically becomes "be good and get to see the entire game" or "be evil, but see half the game, get half the items and half the content, ya dick".

Klash on
    We don't even care... whether we care or not...
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    fffffffffffffffuck mothership zeta. I want to be done with this thing, to mark it off my backlog and move onto the sweet siren that is Bioshock 2 but I am so goddamn tired of pointlessly dying to aliens.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Done Zeta. I have never wanted to hug Fawkes so much, well, okay, I've never wanted to hug Fawkes ever but now he is everything that is right and good about the world.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My favorite roleplay in Fallout 3 is the crazy bum. Unarmed is your main source of damage, along with explosives. Make sure to piss off everyone you meet and don't get a house, the world is your house!

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Yeah, ammo having weight is kind of a pain. It's more realistic, obviously, not to be carrying around enough ammunition to supply a small army, but that's the sort of thing I view as an acceptable break from reality. This is a video game, after all.

But then again, exploration and roleplaying are my favorite aspects of a game like Fallout. For people that really get into the resource management aspect I can see how they'd miss it. But that's just not the way I play.

Duffel on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

How many guns were you using? You should be able to have more than enough ammo for anything you're using (usually 1-2 primary weapons and that is it). Everything else should be stored or sold (turned into currency, which IIRC was weightless).

Ammunition being valuable does make sense, the problem is when it has no weight it becomes more valuable than actual currency, is easier to find (everything that shoots you has ammo remember) and quickly breaks any economy the game has.

In F1/2 I usually had sniper rifle for wittling down big threats/long range problems.

a plasma rifle for midrange threats.

a combat shotgun for close range burst damage.

and a heavy weapon like a rocket launcher or a minigun.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Duffel wrote: »

Yeah, ammo having weight is kind of a pain. It's more realistic, obviously, not to be carrying around enough ammunition to supply a small army, but that's the sort of thing I view as an acceptable break from reality. This is a video game, after all.

But then again, exploration and roleplaying are my favorite aspects of a game like Fallout. For people that really get into the resource management aspect I can see how they'd miss it. But that's just not the way I play.

I had a lot of fun in the very beginning of my playthrough where I was armed only with the starter pistol, barely any ammo, and no means of repairing it. Having to pick shots carefully and deal with it jamming in unfortunate moments made things tense, although it could get old extremely quick.

If there were some way to balance it so you'd still have moments like that, but not be stuck and unable to progress just because you didn't have any ammo whatsoever it'd be great. L4D does this pretty well since you can still continue with just the pistols (which have infinite ammo), it just makes things quite a bit harder. While this obviously wouldn't make sense if directly dumped into Fallout, it'd be neat in New Vegas if you were encouraged to keep a melee weapon around as a backup for if you ran out of ammo.

Basically, make it possible to still continue on after running out of resources if you put in work; not hair-pullingly frustrating to pull off, but it should be a relief to discover a stash of ammo after getting through it.

(As a disclaimer: I haven't found the time to play all the way through FO3 just yet; reading about New Vegas just makes me want to wait for that instead, too D:)

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Plus, there was actually a reason to do that, because unlike FO3, even at the endgame of FO1/2, you're not 100%-ing every single goosing skill, so unless you completely neglect every non-combat skill, it makes sense not to waste time with every single type of weapon

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Assault rifle/hunting rifle, shotgun/smg, pistol for back-up, knife because you don't go into the wastes without a knife. That's my semi-standard load-out, once I find those things. Just challenge yourself not to be a whore about getting ammo, selling huge chunks of it off sometimes even.

I kinda made my own hardcore run last time I played the game - only what ammo I could find, no stimpacks. It was fun.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    fffffffffffffffuck mothership zeta. I want to be done with this thing, to mark it off my backlog and move onto the sweet siren that is Bioshock 2 but I am so goddamn tired of pointlessly dying to aliens.

Meh, my feeling is more of I'm so sick of the game freezing or crashing on me every five-ten minutes. Of all the DLC, this one has been the worst, to the fact i had to try the intro scene about six or seven times before I could actually even play it.

The fights themselves I don't find to be too bad, once you start to get your bearings. The first few fights are quite a pain though. The blasters are pretty decent though, so that helps alot.

never die on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Just finished Operation Anchorage. It was pretty damned good. It was nice to play without any repercussions and just enjoying the gameplay itself. More over, the Outcasts were exactly what one wants from the Brotherhood. Self-interested, self-righteous, condescending assholes without a second thought about chopping wastelander limbs off.
    The ending after opening the vault was just great. I'm not sure how I feel about the softy-side winning, since I'm not really given a choice. Save the softy or die.

I'm glad to be out of Broken Steel, though. I went straight from main game to Steel. Steel was cool, but all that Enclave tech just pissin' off into the digital ether was driving me mad. Its nice to be back in the Wasteland, where I can nick things, stash 'em, fast travel and have it all. I love power armour.

Also, whats with items that can't be repaired? Seems kinda silly. I mean, I'm not going to use my T-51b armor, because I'll never be able to keep it at 50 DR. This automatically makes regular power armour superior, because I can repair it, and it has better attributes. The T-51b is just so damned cool, though. Great for companions.

Edit: For the record, I know merchants repair, but none of them have 100 repair. I think the caravan guys have real high repair, but it just isn't perfect.

Klash on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    The T-51b doesn't deteriorate. Neither does the stealth armor.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wait, what? Stealth armor definitely deteriorates.

Graviija on
  • Options
    JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If your worried about not being able to repair your power armor, you should look into Repair Rethought Reborn.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The T-51b doesn't deteriorate. Neither does the stealth armor.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Winterized or regular?

It still applies, though, there is an absurd amount of items that can't be entirely repaired. Kind of removes the point of using them. Certainly, you don't give non-armour items to companions, I've seen Charon lose countless shiskabobs. If those were irreplaceable items, I'd crack him open.

Also, Star Paladin Cross is a dick that steals your precious loot. Half the time, I turn around and she's firing something that I never even saw with ammo that never existed. She's Dogmeat with thumbs and a trigger finger.

I'm also disappointed Butch is neutral aligned. I mean, I saved his mother, his life and his home/broke him free. You'd think he'd feel slightly indebted to me. Give me your Toothpick, damn it!

Klash on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Winterized doesn't degrade (I think).
    I think the Junk dealer has the highest repair out of all the merchants and if you have mothership Zeta (and the caps) one of your allies on the ship will repair anything to 100%. The problem is that she goes away after you finish the expansion.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There was a bug where Winterized T51-b didn't degrade (kinda), because they accidentally gave players the version of the armour used in the Anchorage simulation, which has 99999 condition. I think, however, it was fixed. Which is kinda dumb, because now you're stuck with TWO sets of T51-b armour that are completely unfixable, except by NPCs, and they can't repair it to full, so it ends up being worse than stock power armour.

Darth Nathan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There was a bug where Winterized T51-b didn't degrade (kinda), because they accidentally gave players the version of the armour used in the Anchorage simulation, which has 99999 condition. I think, however, it was fixed. Which is kinda dumb, because now you're stuck with TWO sets of T51-b armour that are completely unfixable, except by NPCs, and they can't repair it to full, so it ends up being worse than stock power armour.

There's the Gary Glitch that let's you take items out of the simulation.

It isn't fixed on the PS3 GoTY, anyway.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm gonna have another go at Fallout 1 and 2. Only played 3 before and the character creation is a bit different. I'm gonna have small guns and lockpick as 2 of my tagged skills but not sure what to pick for the 3rd. Is sneaking useful in this game (always found it a pain to do in Baldur's Gate)? Does repair work the same way as in FO3 cos if so I'll probably pick that. And what does 'outdoorsman' do?

In FO3 I ditched charisma as low as it would go so I could have high agility, intelligence and endurance. If I do that in 1, will I get shafted for having low charisma? I never found it any use in 3.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    smof wrote: »
    I'm gonna have another go at Fallout 1 and 2. Only played 3 before and the character creation is a bit different. I'm gonna have small guns and lockpick as 2 of my tagged skills but not sure what to pick for the 3rd. Is sneaking useful in this game (always found it a pain to do in Baldur's Gate)? Does repair work the same way as in FO3 cos if so I'll probably pick that. And what does 'outdoorsman' do?

In FO3 I ditched charisma as low as it would go so I could have high agility, intelligence and endurance. If I do that in 1, will I get shafted for having low charisma? I never found it any use in 3.

In Fallout 1, speech can be used to keep you out of some firefights if you want, or get you some extra cash. I didn't really use sneak that much in these two game so far, but I can see it being pretty useful so you aren't spotted from as far away as I was sometimes.

Outdoorsman affects your random encounter rate. The higher your outdoorsman skill, the less likely you are to get bad encounters, and the more likely you are to get better ones. I think it also reduces your encounter rate, and lets you decide whether or not you want to encounter something. I don't find it that useful in Fallout 1, but much more useful in Fallout 2, where the encounter rate can be pretty bad.

Also, when you play Fallout 2, I would probably tag either melee or unarmed as well, just to make the earlier parts not as bad (you don't start with a gun in this one, and while you can get a pistol early on, its easy to miss and if you leave the area once its gone. The only other weapon easily procured is the pipe rifle, which is not very good).

never die on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    They "fixed" the Winterized T-51b? That's lame. I thought the fact that it doesn't degrade was a tradeoff for the fact that the Winterized set doesn't augment your Strength stat like regular sets of Power Armor do (along with a slightly lower DR).

Duffel on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    86 hours, 27 minutes. I'm done!

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Combat armor is the best armor DR to Weight ratio anyway, unless you have the weight mod for power armor anyway.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If you're on PC, you could always use the console to give someone 100 in Repair.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    verbelverbel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I decided to reinstall and play this again but am haveing some issues. This is the first time i have tried running it under windows 7. When I first install it I can run it with no problems but when I install the 3.1.7 patch it crashes to desktop as soon as I launch it. Does anyone have any ideas?

verbel on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    If you're on PC, you could always use the console to give someone 100 in Repair.

Every game should start with you at 9intel

run to rivet city for the intel bobblehead.

then pump repair to 100 asap.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    verbel wrote: »
    So I decided to reinstall and play this again but am haveing some issues. This is the first time i have tried running it under windows 7. When I first install it I can run it with no problems but when I install the 3.1.7 patch it crashes to desktop as soon as I launch it. Does anyone have any ideas?
    I remember the game would crash right away on me when I switched to a 16:9 monitor, because the auto detection system would set it at some crazy, non-fitting resolution and the game wouldn't even try to render a distorted picture.

Maybe check your resolution settings?

Darlan on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Nocren wrote: »
    I think the Junk dealer has the highest repair out of all the merchants and if you have mothership Zeta (and the caps) one of your allies on the ship will repair anything to 100%. The problem is that she goes away after you finish the expansion.

Thats... thats just awful. I have MZ, but isn't MZ like all the other DLC? You start it, you can't really stop. I can't drag along my precious unique items without having no WG to spare.
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Combat armor is the best armor DR to Weight ratio anyway, unless you have the weight mod for power armor anyway.

Don't forget the variants of CA. I'm using Lag-Bolt's and its awesome. 5 more WG, +10 AP, +10 Big Guns. Ranger Battle Armour also seems pretty sweet, but I passed it up for Eugene.

Shame you can't get a legitimate set of Winterized Combat armour. That stuff was so cool, probably the coolest thing I've seen. It was like I was playing G.I. Joe. Then again, the entire OA quest was like something out of G.I. Joe.
    MichaelLC wrote: »

I tried the Gary 23 Glitch, but then didn't care. It wasn't worth fiddling around with, because of how limited the in-simulation inventory was, anyways. Miss that Winterized CA, though.

Yeah, but you still can't repair the coolest items in the game, which kinda sucked. I found the Alien Blaster at Adams AFB, and it was below half. Repaired it at a merch, but it was still junked. Even if I had 1 other, I wouldn't waste it by slamming them into 1 item. There really should be at least 1 merchant with 100 repair.

Klash on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Klash wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »

Thats... thats just awful. I have MZ, but isn't MZ like all the other DLC? You start it, you can't really stop. I can't drag along my precious unique items without having no WG to spare.
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Don't forget the variants of CA. I'm using Lag-Bolt's and its awesome. 5 more WG, +10 AP, +10 Big Guns. Ranger Battle Armour also seems pretty sweet, but I passed it up for Eugene.

Shame you can't get a legitimate set of Winterized Combat armour. That stuff was so cool, probably the coolest thing I've seen. It was like I was playing G.I. Joe. Then again, the entire OA quest was like something out of G.I. Joe.
    MichaelLC wrote: »

I tried the Gary 23 Glitch, but then didn't care. It wasn't worth fiddling around with, because of how limited the in-simulation inventory was, anyways. Miss that Winterized CA, though.

Yeah, but you still can't repair the coolest items in the game, which kinda sucked. I found the Alien Blaster at Adams AFB, and it was below half. Repaired it at a merch, but it was still junked. Even if I had 1 other, I wouldn't waste it by slamming them into 1 item. There really should be at least 1 merchant with 100 repair.

If it needs repair, trade it to the outcast leader for stims, then pickpocket it back.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Unless you're playing melee, then no higher than six is necessary. Played through once with Melee, Unarmed, and Big Guns tagged. 'Twas a fun playthrough, especially after Anchorage and getting myself one of those nice Gatling Lasers early on, plus Jingwei's Shocksword.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Unless you're playing melee, then no higher than six is necessary. Played through once with Melee, Unarmed, and Big Guns tagged. 'Twas a fun playthrough, especially after Anchorage and getting myself one of those nice Gatling Lasers early on, plus Jingwei's Shocksword.

6 what, intelligence?

that reduces the amount of skill you get per level. What kind of person is gonna take less skill per level.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

6 what, intelligence?

that reduces the amount of skill you get per level. What kind of person is gonna take less skill per level.

For poops and giggles. I was tired of being some super-intelligent gunman. So I minimized my AGI, kept six points in INT, 3 or 4 in my PER, and pumped up my STR and LCK to max. I can't remember what I did to my END, and am too lazy to do the math right now, but I kept that pretty high.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    edited May 2010

If it needs repair, trade it to the outcast leader for stims, then pickpocket it back.

Yeah, but that gets negative karma. There isn't any real way to repair items. That said, reverse-pickpocket shouldn't always be negative, F3 is a silly goose. For putting power armour on my allies, so albino radscorps won't eat their faces, I'm a big meanie, I guess.

I'd be nice if NV had some sort of generic "take this" option. I'm tired of pissweak NPCs that I can't outfit without being a bad guy.

Klash on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Yeah, but that gets negative karma. There isn't any real way to repair items. That said, reverse-pickpocket shouldn't always be negative, F3 is a silly goose. For putting power armour on my allies, so albino radscorps won't eat their faces, I'm a big meanie, I guess.

I'd be nice if NV had some sort of generic "take this" option. I'm tired of pissweak NPCs that I can't outfit without being a bad guy.

You can talk to your allies and give them power armor and they'll equip it, no need to reverse pickpocket.

Pickpocket karma hit is negligible at best.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

It is nice!

959557_20100504_790screen002.jpg

edit: I'm trying to guess what the other icons mean. 2nd on the right might be 'Heal' and 4th on the right might initiate a conversation. And I guess 3rd on the left is "stay behind me/follow me". But is 4th on the left "give me a hug"? And what's with the flowers.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Going counter-clockwise, my guesses are:

Fight
    Inventory
    Stand back
    Come to me
    Lets talk
    Go away/walk off
    Use chem
    Gift - I wonder if that means give them a gift, or they might have a special ability to gift to you, like "here's that bowl of noodles I was cooking up, give me 2 more days for another bowl"

That companion wheel is pretty nifty, but that seems to be on the console. Also, showing me their WG? I love you, Obsidian.

Also, I was referring to generic friendly NPC. The guys in Big Town for example. I was trying to make Ben Canning into a terminator, but the game told me I was a dick and I should stop.

Klash on