As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout 3] Wubba harrrrglb? JAMBAAGLR

• Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    What you mean of far superior writing to anything that Bethsoft has done? Neverwinter Nights: Mask of the Betrayer and Knights of the Old Republic II (albeit the second game grossly unfinished) have some of the best writing in any RPG. Given that they have the man behind Planescape Torment their track record on writing is absolutely superb.

The game being more buggy and unfinished than a newly established ant-colony: Now that's a genuine concern.

"the man behind" is really a completely invalid reason to think something will be good

Except for the fact that Obsidian has routinely again and again knocked it out of the park writing wise? I mean, Black Isle didn't do a bad job with writing either of the original 2 Fallouts and Planescape Torment is the absolute pinnacle of RPG writing to date. The current company has produced Mask of the Betrayer and KotoR2 - both games have fantastic writing (especially KotoR2). So you just don't have a coherent argument, because Obsidian even from the days where many of them were from Black Isle have an amazingly consistent ability to produce well written games.

Now their OTHER track record is just as bad as their ability to produce excellent writing is good. That they have produced routinely extremely buggy and partially finished games (NWN2, KotoR2 as key examples) is a major concern. Hopefully they've taken the time to *really* finish New Vegas.

Actually I have a perfectly coherent argument considering the points you're consistently making have had pretty much nothing to do with the point I was making which was I wasn't referring to the story when I was talking about expectations and in fact explicitly said that.

Feel free to actually read the posts in the future.

Well hopefully it won't be too buggy since it is just running off the Fallout 3 engine which is just the Oblivion engine kicked upto 12. Not to mention that they aren't being rushed by another company into finishing in time for a holiday.

I'm expecting it to be about as buggy as Fallout 3 was. Hopefully less but who knows.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Actually I have a perfectly coherent argument considering the points you're consistently making have had pretty much nothing to do with the point I was making which was I wasn't referring to the story when I was talking about expectations and in fact explicitly said that.

Writing doesn't inherently mean the story actually. The quality of the writing supports the world around it. When Fallout 3 does this best it does a fantastic job, like the audiotapes in the Dunwich Building or similar. Without solid writing you cannot make the world feel like it is alive and how it reacts to you (all functions of good writing). The ending of Fallout 3 feels so terrible and unsatisfying (before you stick Broken Steel on it) because it's so poorly written.

Writing impacts every single aspect of an RPG, not just its story and that's why your point isn't coherent. You completely fail to realize that the worlds "enforcement" of consequences and how your actions affect it is to do with how it is written. So your continual dancing around the point means you aren't getting the core argument.

Depth of choices = writing.

If you don't get that about RPGs then what can I say? Do you think depth of choice comes out of magic? No, it doesn't it comes out of how well the game is written.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have the game on Normal and at level 22, I'm finding the game way too easy with my Small Guns Stealth character. The Chinese Stealth Armor completely breaks what was already a pretty easy mechanic to manipulate once you got your Stealth high enough.

Does going with a Big Guns Power Armor character make it any easier and should I up the difficulty? I'm gonna try the rest of the game without VATS simply because seeing your character pop every enemy in the head with Lincoln's Repeater gets sort of contrived after a while. Feral Ghoul Reavers are the only thing that give me trouble anymore since they can withstand the first headshot. Even then, it just takes a bit longer to separate them from other Ghouls present and then proceed to Dart and Gauss Gun them to death. Overlords are bothersome but they're not too bad either since I can usually take them out with some faraway Sniper Rifle shots, hiding if necessary. The Enclave are a complete joke, and every one of them I've encountered are now separated from their heads. I haven't encountered too many Albino Radscorpions but I'd probably use the same strategy of Sniper Shot+Dart+Shotgun/Repeater.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    finnith wrote: »
    I have the game on Normal and at level 22, I'm finding the game way too easy with my Small Guns Stealth character. The Chinese Stealth Armor completely breaks what was already a pretty easy mechanic to manipulate once you got your Stealth high enough.

Does going with a Big Guns Power Armor character make it any easier and should I up the difficulty? I'm gonna try the rest of the game without VATS simply because seeing your character pop every enemy in the head with Lincoln's Repeater gets sort of contrived after a while. Feral Ghoul Reavers are the only thing that give me trouble anymore since they can withstand the first headshot. Even then, it just takes a bit longer to separate them from other Ghouls present and then proceed to Dart and Gauss Gun them to death. Overlords are bothersome but they're not too bad either since I can usually take them out with some faraway Sniper Rifle shots, hiding if necessary. The Enclave are a complete joke, and every one of them I've encountered are now separated from their heads. I haven't encountered too many Albino Radscorpions but I'd probably use the same strategy of Sniper Shot+Dart+Shotgun/Repeater.

Stealth in this game is, in general, overpowered. If you're on PC, the best thing I'd advise you to do is get some mods that balance it out. There's a number of mods that make stealth more realistic, so you can do that. Upping the game difficulty will increase enemy's health, but also make you gain xp at a ridiculously fast rate, but again, you can mod that out (or not, if you want to zoom to level 30). Thirdly, there's mods that increase the amount of enemies that spawn, particularly the mod called MMM, which should be in the OP somewhere.

Any of those things should make the game harder. If you're on console however, all you can really do is up the difficulty which will increase enemy HP.

Darth Nathan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If you want to fear for your life.

Install Marts Mutant Mod with Increased INcreased spawns and feral ghoul rampage.

I just reinstalled and am doing another IIS FGR play through. As if I didn't learn my lesson the first time.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Install Marts Mutant Mod with Increased INcreased spawns and feral ghoul rampage.

I just reinstalled and am doing another IIS FGR play through. As if I didn't learn my lesson the first time.

This is the best idea.

I vote you roll a Melee char.

Darth Nathan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010

This is the best idea.

I am a melee character, with a fatman for night when i get zerged by 500 ghouls.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

If you want to break the game even more so, take note of the fact that you can wear your Ghoul Mask while wearing the Stealth Suit. Surprisingly, its not actually full body. So, you can wear any helmet + eye piece. Ghoul Mask counts as an eye piece and so does Ledoux's Mask if you want to get absurd AP while stealthing because fuck those Reavers, seriously. Fuck them.

I've grown fond of Chinese Stealth Suit + Ledoux + Combat Helmet (for the extra DR). I pretty much rake in the kills at this point, but I like it this way. It makes me feel appropriately powered considering I min/maxed this guy to the best of my ability.

You'll need mods for difficulty beyond "enemies with more HP + stronger weapons". I think your stuff also degrades exponentially faster, and you'll use a lot more ammo.

Klash on
    We don't even care... whether we care or not...
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Klash wrote: »

If you want to break the game even more so, take note of the fact that you can wear your Ghoul Mask while wearing the Stealth Suit. Surprisingly, its not actually full body. So, you can wear any helmet + eye piece. Ghoul Mask counts as an eye piece and so does Ledoux's Mask if you want to get absurd AP while stealthing because fuck those Reavers, seriously. Fuck them.

I've grown fond of Chinese Stealth Suit + Ledoux + Combat Helmet (for the extra DR). I pretty much rake in the kills at this point, but I like it this way. It makes me feel appropriately powered considering I min/maxed this guy to the best of my ability.

You'll need mods for difficulty beyond "enemies with more HP + stronger weapons". I think your stuff also degrades exponentially faster, and you'll use a lot more ammo.

I was reading The Vault and it said that you can actually stack Hockey Masks on Chinese Stealth Armor until you have 100 with whatever skill bonus it gives you (I think its melee but I forget).

I didn't get the Ghoul Mask because I murdered Roy Phillips in his sleep. Seriously. it's like him, his girlfriend, and Michael Masters (someone who already admitted that he had committed immoral acts before as a scientist Pre-War) and a bunch of Ferals. I didn't really expect anything good out of someone that hangs around with Glowing Ones and Reavers.

This is the best idea.

I am a melee character, with a fatman for night when i get zerged by 500 ghouls.

Personally, I'm afraid of that part of Who Dares Wins in the Presidential Metro where you find the crapton of Ghouls fighting the Robots commandeered by MarGot. It was at a time where the Reavers would glitch and have a "fit", thereby making them invincible. I had the Japanese Power Armor from the mod as well as a Gatling Laser and it felt like I was barely scratching them.

Are those mods like that?

EDIT: Also, I'm on the PC so mods are permittable. I sort of made my game too easy for me by downloading the Ammo Crafting mod for CRAFT. Being able to craft your own .44 cal ammo for your Repeater with nothing but Scrap Metal and Some Frag Grenades or Mines makes the game way too easy.

What I liked about the beginning of the game was that I was legitimately afraid of the Wasteland. There was one point in the game where I kept on running low on .32 ammo since I installed that mod that introduces FO1/FO2 weapons into DC (half of these weapons are overpowered or worth way too much to merchants) and it was only feasible for me to use my AR's, or face running out of ammo. I was poor, poorly armed but the fact that I made it out of fights barely made the game exciting, and I loved it. On the other hand, some parts of the late game was also exciting. I'd have to say that going into the Franklin Metro Station trying to get to Arlington Library (don't ask) and finding a settlement turned into Reavers and Glowing ones, and then finding the Burnmaster at the end of one radiation-filled tunnel I was forced to invisi-sneak through was exciting as well.

A mod that just tries to overwhelm you with Ghouls seems sort of unfair. I'd just hope that enemies would react a bit more when they heard a gunshot or see one of their comrades fall.

finnith on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    If you don't have a fatman or MIRV with IIS and FGR, you are gonna be sorry.

To put it in perspective, 5000 rounds of ammo is only considered a mediocre start

This is only in relation to Ghouls, usually at night. Most non-ghoul encounters are hard but not requiring the use of nuclear force

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    If you don't have a fatman or MIRV with IIS and FGR, you are gonna be sorry.

To put it in perspective, 5000 rounds of ammo is only considered a mediocre start

This is only in relation to Ghouls, usually at night. Most non-ghoul encounters are hard but not requiring the use of nuclear force

Isn't there a mod that lets you recruit anyone as a follower? We should pit the citizens of the DC wasteland against a group of ghouls and see who comes out on top.

The game would probably crash though.

finnith on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I was reading The Vault and it said that you can actually stack Hockey Masks on Chinese Stealth Armor until you have 100 with whatever skill bonus it gives you (I think its melee but I forget).

I didn't get the Ghoul Mask because I murdered Roy Phillips in his sleep. Seriously. it's like him, his girlfriend, and Michael Masters (someone who already admitted that he had committed immoral acts before as a scientist Pre-War) and a bunch of Ferals. I didn't really expect anything good out of someone that hangs around with Glowing Ones and Reavers.

That'd be unarmed skill points. I would've exploited that, too, had I not already maxed all my skills. I don't know what it is about Fallout 3, but I have no issues with exploiting it. Every game I have ever played, I avoid exploits. I think its my desire to play-as-intended. If they left it in, then I get to abuse it. :P

Doesn't killing Roy and all count as negative? Ugh. Bethesda. How do they write that quest, but still leave them as good characters. Look, I get it, Bessie or whatever is just naive and didn't personally kill anyone. Michael, despite his past, hasn't actively killed anyone, so negatives on killing them. But Roy? That guy would kill every smoothskin out there, if he could.

There are so many characters that just have the wrong karma attached, or shouldn't have any karma attached. Or have fingers/ears when they shouldn't. Bethesda's idea of "good/evil" is really obvious and goes way to far in forcing the player into specific paths. :-\
    Personally, I'm afraid of that part of Who Dares Wins in the Presidential Metro where you find the crapton of Ghouls fighting the Robots commandeered by MarGot. It was at a time where the Reavers would glitch and have a "fit", thereby making them invincible. I had the Japanese Power Armor from the mod as well as a Gatling Laser and it felt like I was barely scratching them.

Are those mods like that?

EDIT: *snip*.

Weren't those bots under Margot's command from the get-go? She is the security-control-thing, after all. It was pretty cool having that last stand in the metro, fighting alongside bots and turrets. It was hellish, though. Level 30, almost all Reavers. And the Reavers were freaking out. It was like they were pinned to the environment, and on death, they'd slingshot to a given point and flip out. Weird as all hell.

Also, about ammo crafting. Can't you craft ammo in The Pitt? I've yet to do so, but I sure as hell appreciate the option. .44 ammo is rare as diamonds, which made me abandon my Repeater all together.

Klash on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

That'd be unarmed skill points. I would've exploited that, too, had I not already maxed all my skills. I don't know what it is about Fallout 3, but I have no issues with exploiting it. Every game I have ever played, I avoid exploits. I think its my desire to play-as-intended. If they left it in, then I get to abuse it. :P

Doesn't killing Roy and all count as negative? Ugh. Bethesda. How do they write that quest, but still leave them as good characters. Look, I get it, Bessie or whatever is just naive and didn't personally kill anyone. Michael, despite his past, hasn't actively killed anyone, so negatives on killing them. But Roy? That guy would kill every smoothskin out there, if he could.

There are so many characters that just have the wrong karma attached, or shouldn't have any karma attached. Or have fingers/ears when they shouldn't. Bethesda's idea of "good/evil" is really obvious and goes way to far in forcing the player into specific paths. :-\

I don't think Roy would kill everyone out there, but he certainly would kill the Tenpenny Tower residents, and I can't really let a settlement (already rare in DC) go to waste, so it made sense to me to kill him, since he was unwilling to stand down on the issue. I think the other two were only there to try and get the player to sympathize with the ghouls' plight, and while acting in good faith, bring about the death of everyone in the building. It's Gray Morality.

I don't like how quest related characters like Roy Phillips drop Ears or Fingers. Quests should be decisions left up to the player. Still, whether or not I agreed with Bethseda's version of morality did not matter with my decision. Utilitarianistically speaking, my decision was perfectly sound. I'd rather kill 3 than end up killing many more, while also essentially destroying a settlement.

EDIT: *snip*.

Weren't those bots under Margot's command from the get-go? She is the security-control-thing, after all. It was pretty cool having that last stand in the metro, fighting alongside bots and turrets. It was hellish, though. Level 30, almost all Reavers. And the Reavers were freaking out. It was like they were pinned to the environment, and on death, they'd slingshot to a given point and flip out. Weird as all hell.

Also, about ammo crafting. Can't you craft ammo in The Pitt? I've yet to do so, but I sure as hell appreciate the option. .44 ammo is rare as diamonds, which made me abandon my Repeater all together.

Despite knowing that someone would misinterpret my wording I left it that way. Sorry about that.

In any case yea, you can craft ammo at the Pitt, but the mod adds an Ammo toolkit, which is a portable item with which you can create anything (Darts, Railway Spikes, Alien Blaster ammo, Energy ammo, Plasma Grenades etc).

The Reavers freaking out is some weird bug that seems to only affect them. They just start spazzing out, making them invincible for the duration,

finnith on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I really think there is something wrong with you if you are playing through a fallout game thinking "This would be so much better if it was 100 years earlier".

Coz that is kinda crazy.

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    I really think there is something wrong with you if you are playing through a fallout game thinking "This would be so much better if it was 100 years earlier".

Coz that is kinda crazy.

We're on the INTERNET
    Everything must been seen with a critical eye and a nitpicker

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Coz that is kinda crazy.

We aren't saying that it'd be better, just that it's 200 freaking years. And that society backslid from FO2, or heck even FO1, which is like 2 or 3 generations before it. And yes, I know there's more radiation and crap, but really?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    High Luck / Gambling / Barter
    Fedora / Tux / Tommy Gun (PLEASE BE IN GAME!)

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Spoit wrote: »

Coz that is kinda crazy.

We aren't saying that it'd be better, just that it's 200 freaking years. And that society backslid from FO2, or heck even FO1, which is like 2 or 3 generations before it. And yes, I know there's more radiation and crap, but really?

Eh, I don't think it really makes any difference at all because the scope of the disaster is completely unlike anything in history. So if you wanna say that in 200 years society has barely pulled itself out of the dirt, then that is fine with me.

Also you can just say that the nuclear winter lasted like a hundred years or whatever as well.

DodgeBlan on

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Coz that is kinda crazy.

Eh, I don't think it really makes any difference at all because the scope of the disaster is completely unlike anything in history. So if you wanna say that in 200 years society has barely pulled itself out of the dirt, then that is fine with me.

Also you can just say that the nuclear winter lasted like a hundred years or whatever as well.
    No, what I was saying is that (at least my complaint is) the various human settlements are ridiculously more undeveloped and backwards compared to the earlier ones, despite having much more time. And yes, I know, different engines, different design philosophies, etc, but still. I mean, it's not like the boneyard is that much further from The Glow than any of the settlements are from DC

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Its not just "oh, there should be civilization" its also "oh, there is civilization". I mean, some of the crap that still works after 200 years is pretty impressive.

I think a lot of stuff in the Fallout universe runs on nuclear power, though, right? Still, like Three Dog says, 200 year old salisbury steak.
    I don't think Roy would kill everyone out there, but he certainly would kill the Tenpenny Tower residents, and I can't really let a settlement (already rare in DC) go to waste, so it made sense to me to kill him, since he was unwilling to stand down on the issue. I think the other two were only there to try and get the player to sympathize with the ghouls' plight, and while acting in good faith, bring about the death of everyone in the building. It's Gray Morality.

I don't like how quest related characters like Roy Phillips drop Ears or Fingers. Quests should be decisions left up to the player. Still, whether or not I agreed with Bethseda's version of morality did not matter with my decision. Utilitarianistically speaking, my decision was perfectly sound. I'd rather kill 3 than end up killing many more, while also essentially destroying a settlement.

I don't know about gray morality. That would require it to be gray prior to the events that happen afterwards. The game pretty much flat-out says "do it this way for good karma, this way for bad". Killing Roy at any time gives you bad karma, therefore is the bad guy move. Killing Gustavo and Tenpenny both net you good karma, all the tower guards drop fingers (a bad guy item). Convincing the residents to allow the ghouls in gets you good karma. To be clear, telling the residents "pack up your shit and leave you home, because I'm letting the ghouls in", which is the actual way you convince the residents, gets good karma. Things are even fine and dandy for a couple days prior to Roy's psychotic act, he's all flowers and shit when you tell him he can move in without violence.

Thats about as gray as an RGB palette.

Klash on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Its not just "oh, there should be civilization" its also "oh, there is civilization". I mean, some of the crap that still works after 200 years is pretty impressive.

I think a lot of stuff in the Fallout universe runs on nuclear power, though, right? Still, like Three Dog says, 200 year old salisbury steak.

I don't know about gray morality. That would require it to be gray prior to the events that happen afterwards. The game pretty much flat-out says "do it this way for good karma, this way for bad". Killing Roy at any time gives you bad karma, therefore is the bad guy move. Killing Gustavo and Tenpenny both net you good karma, all the tower guards drop fingers (a bad guy item). Convincing the residents to allow the ghouls in gets you good karma. To be clear, telling the residents "pack up your shit and leave you home, because I'm letting the ghouls in", which is the actual way you convince the residents, gets good karma. Things are even fine and dandy for a couple days prior to Roy's psychotic act, he's all flowers and shit when you tell him he can move in without violence.

Thats about as gray as an RGB palette.

But strangely enough, shooting him in the face seems to end up feeling better than all that other stuff.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You know you don't have to agree with the game's morality if you don't want to Klash. It's just a number.

DodgeBlan on

• Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What are IIS and FGR?

Google only gives me this thread :(

Antithesis on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Antithesis wrote: »
    What are IIS and FGR?

Google only gives me this thread :(

Increased Increased Spawns and Feral Ghoul Rampage.

They're two options in ... uh ... Mart's Mutant Mod? FOOK?. Basically, the mod has an Increased Spawns option which puts more badguys in the wasteland. Then there's the Increased Increased Spawns option which puts even more badguys in the wasteland.

Feral Ghoul Rampage is exactly what it says on the tin.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Coz that is kinda crazy.

I don't know, the more I play the worse it seems to be. Some things like lightbulbs still functioning is really wallbanging when you think about it. It's also other stuff like computer terminals having power and still having data that's up from the fall. Canned food is an obvious one. I'd definitely feel this was more in line with 2067 than 2257.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    You feel it's more in line with 10 years before the bombs fell, than after?

As for power, don't forget fucking everything is powered by nuclear reactors. I'm not a nuclear tech, but it doesn't seem inconceivable that some of those generators would still be functional 200 years down the line if they're sufficiently protected.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    really I'm saying if you pick up some canned food and think 'this food would have decayed by now' then you are terrible

DodgeBlan on

• Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Coz that is kinda crazy.

The technological comeback in the Fallout world is relative to location, really. Fallout 1's tech was pretty equal to that in FO3. FO2 saw technology coming back in part by the Brotherhood and by 3 strong central cities/governments, being New Reno, Vault City, and NCR.

Now think back to Fallout 3. It's completely on the other side of the U.S., and only 2 strong central towns, and one city (Megaton and Paradise Falls, and Rivet City). Now, all that, plus the limited resourses of the eastern Brotherhood of Steel, having to resort to using crap T-45d's because they had no means to restore the T-51b's power (they were supposed to last about 100 years on their normal power grid), I'd say it's quite normal to see it be more backwater than FO2's civilization.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    really I'm saying if you pick up some canned food and think 'this food would have decayed by now' then you are terrible

I guess I'm terrible then.... I mean it's not a huge deal but I can't help but think things like that.

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

As for power, don't forget fucking everything is powered by nuclear reactors. I'm not a nuclear tech, but it doesn't seem inconceivable that some of those generators would still be functional 200 years down the line if they're sufficiently protected.

Whatever 10 years is supposed to be after the war. I can't keep these things from a fictional universe straight.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Yeah, but are fillaments in light bulbs really rated for 200 years. Stylistically, it might be more fun to not have electric light at all.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If you leave a light on, it lasts a lot longer.

You guys need to rmember this a game. It takes some considerable liberties with physics to make the world the way the people of the 1950s thought the future would be, and then blew up that future with nuclear weapons. Those nukes caused mutations and really specific spots of radiation and stuff. Just roll with it.

I had a funny/frustrating bug/glitch thing earlier today
    Dang, I think my game is stuck. I'm playing Operation Anchorage. Got through the trenches, came to a machinegun bunker. What's his name and a bunch of power armor guys run into this bunker, kill the guy inside of it, and just keep shooting the corpse. A bunch of them are out of ammo and are now punching it.

Re: the bunker-- and I couldn't figure out how to get to the marker, which seemed to be on the other side the simulation barrier. There may have been a trapdoor in this bunker, but the dead Commie was laying on it, and everyone was shooting him, what's his name was circle strafing him and shooting him.. it was hilarious, but somewhat frustrating.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

You guys need to rmember this a game. It takes some considerable liberties with physics to make the world the way the people of the 1950s thought the future would be, and then blew up that future with nuclear weapons. Those nukes caused mutations and really specific spots of radiation and stuff. Just roll with it.

Dang, I think my game is stuck. I'm playing Operation Anchorage. Got through the trenches, came to a machinegun bunker. What's his name and a bunch of power armor guys run into this bunker, kill the guy inside of it, and just keep shooting the corpse. A bunch of them are out of ammo and are now punching it.

Re: the bunker-- and I couldn't figure out how to get to the marker, which seemed to be on the other side the simulation barrier. There may have been a trapdoor in this bunker, but the dead Commie was laying on it, and everyone was shooting him, what's his name was circle strafing him and shooting him.. it was hilarious, but somewhat frustrating.

People keep comparing it to real life.

The game is not real life.

the game is based on how people in the post WW2 era thought the future was gonna be like.

Radiation causes mutatons

Everything is nuclear powered

Robots

Vaccume Tube laser weapons.

etcetera etcetera

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    ShrikeTheAvatarShrikeTheAvatar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just spoke to a sentient tree, but yes, the fact that this food is still good really breaks my suspension of disbelief...

ShrikeTheAvatar on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just spoke to a sentient tree, but yes, the fact that this food is still good really breaks my suspension of disbelief...

He's not really a tree.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I need to get back into this game and finish my final achievement already(damned alien ship logs).

Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    edited May 2010

He's not really a tree.

His name is Herbert... JUST KIDDING! HIS NAME'S BOB!

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010

People keep comparing it to real life.

The game is not real life.

the game is based on how people in the post WW2 era thought the future was gonna be like.

Radiation causes mutatons

Everything is nuclear powered

Robots

Vaccume Tube laser weapons.

etcetera etcetera[
    /QUOTE]

THANK YOU!

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    ShrikeTheAvatarShrikeTheAvatar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    His name is Herbert... JUST KIDDING! HIS NAME'S BOB!

I loved acting confused and making him explain it over and over again.

Also, I just downloaded Fallout 1 from GOG, but not on my home computer (had issues with corrupt files in the setup). Anyway, I was all worried about how I was going to get it home, since I don't have any blank CDs here, then I remembered that my phone has a 4GB SD card (which is even pretty mediocre these days), and the setup file is only 500MB. Ha!

I'm just going to start playing games 10 years behind everyone else, like that XKCD comic.

ShrikeTheAvatar on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Harold: "I don't know what happened to Richard, but I got out of there as soon as I came to, and I've been like this ever since."

Vault Dweller: "So you never saw Richard Grey again?"

Harold: "Tch! NO YOU IDIOT! I JUST SAID I NEVER SAW HIM AGAIN!"

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg