Options

Super Street Fighter IV: Everyone loves Chun-li.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nobody has ragequit on my Ibuki and it makes me mad. All the dizzies and perfects in the world have not gotten me one piece of hatemail.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for the fights tonight everyone. Sorry for being a pest Chaos and not being around a computer.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    No problem man, come play with us some more.

I think starting next week I am definitely going to do 10 and 8 o clock ranbats. Getting some time complaints, gonna pull the trigger on this for at least a week, see how it affects turnout.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    10 will probably be too late for me if it takes as long as it did tonight. 8 is perfect.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My new favorite highly impractical combo is *drum roll*:

Juri Ult 1 active in corner

lp lk mp mk hk hp super

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    RX, I never see you post, but please, please tell me what you did against Convic's Dhalsim, assuming you played your Blanka against him. It was an embarassment for me.

Edit: or invite me to one of those fancy replay sessions so I can watch the matches.

Double edit: Pretty please? Seriously, it was terrible. I never stood a chance.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »

lp lk mp mk hk hp super

Don't all the fireballs whiff in the corner after the first hit or two? Does the hp at the end pop 'em up for the whole thing to connect? More importantly, are you jaw jacking the entire Xbox Live community with your pimp new headset.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited May 2010

lp lk mp mk hk hp super

My favorite impractical Juri combo is j.rh c.fp xx low fuhajin ex focus level 2 jump away ex shiksuken juggle into ultra 2.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    MNC Dover wrote: »

lp lk mp mk hk hp super

Don't all the fireballs whiff in the corner after the first hit or two? Does the hp at the end pop 'em up for the whole thing to connect? More importantly, are you jaw jacking the entire Xbox Live community with your pimp new headset.

the HP pops them up enough, in fact that's one of her trails I dunno if you have to even be in the corner to do it.

And I haven't ran into people that need shit talking, everyone's been polite so far. :(

edit:
    isn't that her last trail hat?

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    RX, I never see you post, but please, please tell me what you did against Convic's Dhalsim, assuming you played your Blanka against him. It was an embarassment for me.

Edit: or invite me to one of those fancy replay sessions so I can watch the matches.

see if Nick T has the replay. he posts more often (like, at all) and it saves a lot of replays for you.

blanka vs dhalsim is a pretty bad matchup if the dhalsim knows what he's doing. everything is punishable with those noodly limbs.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

He got in fairly simply it seemed, we had a good second match trading games 1 and 2 and a close finish in the third. I know he successfully rainbow ball (buuuullshit blanka crap) crossover at least twice and stayed close. He also got me in the corner and pulled some hop shenenigans with throws. I also got caught by some slides and blew supers on jump ins.

If you don't get the replay with him feel free to hit mine up.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

lp lk mp mk hk hp super

the HP pops them up enough, in fact that's one of her trails I dunno if you have to even be in the corner to do it.

And I haven't ran into people that need shit talking, everyone's been polite so far. :(

edit:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. There's not a single soul alive (even the PA crew) that shouldn't be reminded of how much fire they are about to get punched with by Ken. I know what you're thinking:

"But I don't play Ken, MNC Dover."

Well get on that shit! Talk trash, sling fire uppercuts, and blame lag if you lose. It works for me almost 50% of the time. :)

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited May 2010

lp lk mp mk hk hp super

edit:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. There's not a single soul alive (even the PA crew) that shouldn't be reminded of how much fire they are about to get punched with by Ken. I know what you're thinking:

"But I don't play Ken, MNC Dover."

Well get on that shit! Talk trash, sling fire uppercuts, and blame lag if you lose. It works for me almost 50% of the time. :)

Well I know who I'll be getting to C-Rank next then.:^:

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I talk about fire every damn time I pick Ken. You just. Can't. Beat. THE FIRE.

ON HIS FISTS.

OF FIRE.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Really though, I have never seen someone in Street Fighter 4 move that agile.

It was something else. I am very tempted to pick up a ps3 and a copy of this game, but I have no money ATM, so it's pretty much impossible.

Godfather on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »

ON HIS FISTS.

OF FIRE.

Fei Long is also on fire.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »

ON HIS FISTS.

OF FIRE.

Fei Long is also on fire.

Ah, but Fei Long doesn't have two Ultra that feature excessive spinning. WHILE ON FIRE.
    Hell, Fei Long doesn't even have a second Ultra. ZING!

Fig-D on
  • Options
    LittleKeyLittleKey Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    Where are the SE street fighters do any of them show up for ranbat nights?

Seth on Medium cheats like it's his job. He has a bit of the SNK Boss Syndrome.

Get mid range punish everything.

Waaaaaiiiiit, are you saying he's more difficult on medium than on harder difficulty levels?

Also, how do you cancel into other attacks?

LittleKey on
    oblivion-1.jpg
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I think you really need to thoroughly read the OP. Tons of info.

If by cancel you mean like cr mk xx hado, what you do is input the motion for the special during the animation of an attack that can be canceled.

For ease of explanation we'll use Ryu as an example. If you do d + mk, then roll to forward and hit P as the mk connects, you will cancel the recovery of the mk into a hado, often creating a 2-hit combo.

read the OP.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    LittleKeyLittleKey Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, the OP has been a big help to me, I'll be sure to get around to reading more of it. And thank you for the advice; Sakura combos, here I come!

LittleKey on
    oblivion-1.jpg
  • Options
    TheSuperWootTheSuperWoot Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hehehe, just got a win that probably frustrated my opponent to no end. Got two wins through time out in a best of three. With the last win coming after he landed Abel's U1 on me when I stupidly threw out a fireball out but time ran out right before he slammed me into the ground for the majority of the damage at the end.

TheSuperWoot on
  • Options
    SeanronSeanron GlasgowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I got flow-charted last night -_- i am so ashamed

Seanron on
    PSN: Seanron - XBL: Seanron - Steam: Seanron
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sorry SSF4, but I'm going to put you down for awhile.

I'll be riding my horse into the setting sun, shooting dudes and skinning animals.

Too many games. :P

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Sorry SSF4, but I'm going to put you down for awhile.

I'll be riding my horse into the setting sun, shooting dudes and skinning animals.

Too many games. :P

That's what I've been doin' for the past few days. I may go on a SSFIV binge tomorrow though, Mexico is kind of dragging.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/may/20/super-street-fighter-4-patch-coming-june-15/

Anyone posted this yet.

Also, they're reducing the invincibility on ibuki's wakeup? Yes, ibuki totally needs a shittier wakeup game. :lol:

Antihippy on
  • Options
    hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well shit, learning a new character is weird. Decided to play Ken some more like i used to when i was a kid. What are his bread and butter combos?

hadoken on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Can anyone copy / pasta that for those of us at work?

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sure.

Reno and AndriaSang.com provided a translation of the latest Japanese Super Street Fighter 4 blog that announces an incoming patch on June 15, 2010.

Here's what will be changed.

• Fei Long's infinite combo loop against Juri will be removed.

• Unblockable Ultras will be fixed. This is where you throw a fireball and the Ultra flash made it so your opponent could not block.

• Guy will no longer be able to be thrown while he's crouching and in hit stun animation. A bug made it possible to combo throw moves while he was in this state.

• Ibuki's invincibility window on wake up — under certain circumstances — was too long, this will be fixed.

• The 2nd hit of Ibuki's Spinning Kicks missing Chun-Li will be fixed.

• Counter hit damage on M. Bison's (Dictator) Ultra 2 was too low.

• Sagat's Angry Charge was not working properly in some instances (EX-Tiger Uppercut doesn't get damage upgrade in some cases).

Note: This is the same day the free Tournament Mode DLC will be made available, these fixes will be rolled into the package.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    RxNegativeRxNegative Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I feel the same way about that Matchup. I don't care for fighting the Dictatorship much. I just try to flop around the screen in an unpredictable manner. I'm usually not too afraid of him if the match goes at the pace we played at. As long as I don't play the poke tick throw mind game stuffs with him I tend to do ok. Very good stuff though.

RxNegative on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    LittleKey wrote: »
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    Where are the SE street fighters do any of them show up for ranbat nights?

Seth on Medium cheats like it's his job. He has a bit of the SNK Boss Syndrome.

Get mid range punish everything.

Waaaaaiiiiit, are you saying he's more difficult on medium than on harder difficulty levels?

Also, how do you cancel into other attacks?

No he's probably about the same. Short range is bad because he has that spd. Long range has him throwing out Sonic Booms that do a ton of chip damage. Mid range he likes to do his tanden engine sucking in thing, and that kick special. Both of which are extremely unsafe so you can block and punish. Mid range is the best place to be for boss Seth.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    kidbakudankidbakudan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The only time he gets out of hand for me is when he is teleporting around like a psycho and spamming spinning piledriver.

kidbakudan on
    kidbakudan.gif
  • Options
    RxNegativeRxNegative Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Quite honestly, just get in. Patience and then harass him. His limbs are very ugly and he has easy punishes to balls so I only used the jab ones and hop to gain ground. Unless he does an iat, when sim does a high jumping fierce you have the time and mobility to hop forward and met him face to face. That's where I think we'd like him. I tried to anticipate a teleport on wake up. It's not like Gouki's teleport where he can can get real distance between you. When he did IAT I would try to focus it then make my move if that was even blocking as long as I could keep my position. Nonetheless the first knockdown I got it was harassment. If he jumps while you have charge upball him. Forward upball worked wonders and weak upball worked sometimes, depended on the situation. Still should be used sparingly. Shout of the earth, I'm using this ultra now because it is great for punishing fireballs on reaction. Don't be afraid to focus a few balls and limbs so you can have the threat of that ultra. That's pretty much it. I'm not too sure what else I did, but it really was two guys trying to ou shenanigan each other. I was barely better, barely. It was a really tough unfun match.

RxNegative on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thanks Antihippy.

Hm. I always did think the damage was too low.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    RxNegative wrote: »

Quite honestly, just get in. Patience and then harass him. His limbs are very ugly and he has easy punishes to balls so I only used the jab ones and hop to gain ground. Unless he does an iat, when sim does a high jumping fierce you have the time and mobility to hop forward and met him face to face. That's where I think we'd like him. I tried to anticipate a teleport on wake up. It's not like Gouki's teleport where he can can get real distance between you. When he did IAT I would try to focus it then make my move if that was even blocking as long as I could keep my position. Nonetheless the first knockdown I got it was harassment. If he jumps while you have charge upball him. Forward upball worked wonders and weak upball worked sometimes, depended on the situation. Still should be used sparingly. Shout of the earth, I'm using this ultra now because it is great for punishing fireballs on reaction. Don't be afraid to focus a few balls and limbs so you can have the threat of that ultra. That's pretty much it. I'm not too sure what else I did, but it really was two guys trying to ou shenanigan each other. I was barely better, barely. It was a really tough unfun match.

Thanks. After reading that I realize that I was just to aggressive. Pacience is not a virtue my Blanka usually enjoys, even after eating several low fierce punches to the shins.

Also, good games last night Hiryu, watching your T Hawk adapt was fun. Still, no safe jumps for you!

chamberlain on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh my god a patch that changes characters.

Hallelujah.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Hallelujah.

You know what the problem is right? "Make Makoto not terrible" was not listed under the changes. Apparently ChaosHat did not donate enough from Tuesdays Ranbat.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Hallelujah.

You know what the problem is right? "Make Makoto not terrible" was not listed under the changes. Apparently ChaosHat did not donate enough from Tuesdays Ranbat.

At this point, I'm going to assume it became a Capcom office joke to run around, punch someone in the dick and yell "Seichusen Godanzuki!" and run off. After the fifth or so dick punch, Ono had had enough. He would get the last laugh over the dick punchings.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/may/20/super-street-fighter-4-patch-coming-june-15/

Anyone posted this yet.

Also, they're reducing the invincibility on ibuki's wakeup? Yes, ibuki totally needs a shittier wakeup game. :lol:

There's a 'bug' with ibuki's wakeup. When characters are getting up, they're invulnerable for a certain period of time that's the same for all characters (otherwise, safe jumps would require character specific timing). There's a way to get more invulnerability frames on ibuki's wakeup (that doesn't involve doing a move) that allows you to "break" safe jumps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SblmFPM4o1c

That's what they're fixing.
    Thanks Antihippy.

Antihippy wrote: View Post
    Hm. I always did think the damage was too low.

At full ultra, a counterhit U2 from bison will deal 23 points more damage. Right now, it's bugged in that U2 actually deals LESS damage if it's a counter it (15 less damage).

aBlank on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    aBlank wrote: »
    At full ultra, a counterhit U2 from bison will deal 23 points more damage. Right now, it's bugged in that U2 actually deals LESS damage if it's a counter it (15 less damage).

So a 38 point swing.

Eh, hardly noticeable when a blocked light scissor kick, if both hits hit, does 21 or 22 points chip damage (forget which).

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    Fourier_seriesFourier_series Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Hallelujah.

I didn't believe everyone when they said Makoto is terrible, until I started trying to get her to C rank. Lost about 2000pp doing it, and I still need like 150 more BP. She is SO BAD.

Fourier_series on
    soldierpw2.jpg