The [Chat] Doctors

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I need to go buy food but I don't feel like leaving

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    I've never seen any use of a debit card incur a charge except for at certain supermarkets or drugstores when you want cash back. But even then, it's about $0.50, which is less than any ATM fee around here.

In the civilised world you are never charged for bank ATM withdrawals.

Europe has spoken.

Wait, are there really no fees at all even when you go to another bank's ATM or does someone just always swallow the cost somewhere along the line?

Because in the US, there are three types of ATMs:
    Your bank's ATMs - Always free
    Other bank's ATMs - Sometimes free, sometimes a small fee. The fee is often refunded by your bank.
    Private ATMs not owned by a bank (found all over the place). - Typically a really stupid fee like $2 or $3. If your bank is super nice like mine, they also get refunded.

ALL BANK ATM'S FREE

EUROPE HATH

SPOKETH

nazi_flag.jpg
    Adolf-Hitler_0.jpg
    stalin.jpg
    cf_ussr.gif

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Play Batman: Arkham Asylum makes me feel like I'm playing a bad guy because here you have all these vicious murdering psychos that get loose every 5 minutes to kill again and Batman NEVER DOES ANYTHING ABOUT IT EXCEPT LOCK THEM BACK UP IN THE ASYLUM WITH A SHITLOAD OF SECURITY HOLES.

Like, jesus Batman.

what should he do with them

In the fictional world he lives in where he's pretty much the only one able to defeat these super villains and they kill dozens every time they escape....

Yeah fuck it...execution.

I know I know this is a big thing with the Batman universe the idea of becoming the evil you fight but in this game there's like people dying every 30 seconds there's a limit to what's right and what's fucking practical.

Or at least lobotomies. Yeah, lobotomies for all!

i dunno about that
    but at the very least joker should be dead, dude has killed a ridiculous amount of people
    without joker these guys would just be petty criminals

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    oooh, epic battle time DK?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I also like how in the US the concepts of "free internet banking" and "direct debit" do not exist and instead if you tell your bank to do pay a bill online they will charge you, print out a cheque and send the cheque to the company who then has to cash it in at their bank.

The retardom is stunning.

Daxon on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    Also, the fact that Europeans use the terms "credit cards" and "charge cards" to basically mean the reverse of what North Americans use the terms to mean, rendering a lot of cross-oceanic credit card discussion needlessly confusing.

Credit cards are credit. You pay at the end of the following month.

Charge/debit, subtracts money from what is in your account at the time.

I do not see any complications.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Also, the fact that Europeans use the terms "credit cards" and "charge cards" to basically mean the reverse of what North Americans use the terms to mean, rendering a lot of cross-oceanic credit card discussion needlessly confusing.

Credit cards are credit. You pay at the end of the following month.

Charge/debit, subtracts money from what is in your account at the time.

I do not see any complications.

This appears to be the only logical way of deducing what the cards are for.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I also like how in the US the concepts of "free internet banking" and "direct debit" do not exist and instead if you tell your bank to do pay a bill online they will charge you, print out a cheque and send the cheque to the company who then has to cash it in at their bank.

o_O

this isn't what happens

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Why wouldn't checks be useful?

If you're doing a private transaction with another person for whatever reason, they're helpful. Most people don't have machines to scan your credit card.

For example, when I pay my $1500 or whatever for room and board at my fraternity each semester, I give our treasurer a check. It's far more convenient than running down to the bank and getting enough cash.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm not advocating execution for petty criminals or even murderers, but people who have shown the inability to be rehabilitated and continue to break out of imprisonment to kill some more.

In the video game Batman universe at least. I can't speak to the cartoon but it sure SEEMED Joker was less a mass murderer then. Probably because it was a cartoon.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

o_O

this isn't what happens

This is what PAers told me last time the subject came up here. I thought it was too retarded but didn't question it cause well.. America.

Daxon on
  • Options
    PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've never seen any use of a debit card incur a charge except for at certain supermarkets or drugstores when you want cash back. But even then, it's about $0.50, which is less than any ATM fee around here.

Europe has spoken.

Wait, are there really no fees at all even when you go to another bank's ATM or does someone just always swallow the cost somewhere along the line?

Other bank's ATMs - Sometimes free, sometimes a small fee. The fee is often refunded by your bank.
    Private ATMs not owned by a bank (found all over the place). - Typically a really stupid fee like $2 or $3. If your bank is super nice like mine, they also get refunded.

ALL BANK ATM'S FREE

EUROPE HATH

SPOKETH

nazi_flag.jpg
    Adolf-Hitler_0.jpg
    stalin.jpg
    cf_ussr.gif

Dude, you can't be a Nazi AND a Communist, it's one or the other. Pick a side, you... well, see, this is part of the problem.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Really?

My understanding is: Credit cards build a balance that incurs interest, that must be paid off (or at least contributed towards) on a monthly basis; Debit cards take the money out of your bank account immediately (for a given value of "immediately", within 24 hours at least).

japan on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    How dare you put Hitler before Stalin!!

Honk on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

o_O

this isn't what happens

Yeah, this is not a thing that goes on. I have free online banking, free direct deposit and free online bill pay. And actually, since I use all those services, the bank doesn't have to print anything out for me at all and I am rewarded with a 4% interest rate on my checking account balance.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Europe has spoken.

ALL BANK ATM'S FREE

EUROPE HATH

SPOKETH

nazi_flag.jpg
    Adolf-Hitler_0.jpg
    stalin.jpg
    cf_ussr.gif

Dude, you can't be a Nazi AND a Communist, it's one or the other. Pick a side, you... well, see, this is part of the problem.

Both flags are red!

Therefore they are the same!

Honk on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

If you're doing a private transaction with another person for whatever reason, they're helpful. Most people don't have machines to scan your credit card.

For example, when I pay my $1500 or whatever for room and board at my fraternity each semester, I give our treasurer a check. It's far more convenient than running down to the bank and getting enough cash.

I would do a bank transfer, generally, in this situation. It's quicker and it saves me having to go and ask the bank for a chequebook.

japan on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    oy I used the borders gift card I found to buy a book I just ordered elsewhere

nothing is coming up elendil

Elendil on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    How dare you put Hitler before Stalin!!

Because secretly none of us think Communism is a bad thing.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

See, when I lived in halls I just went to the reception area with my bill - they took out their card machine, I paid with my card and life was done.

I guess cheques are useful when you live in a world without internet banking or portable card machines but that's really not the case in Europe so cheques are rendered useless.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm not advocating execution for petty criminals or even murderers, but people who have shown the inability to be rehabilitated and continue to break out of imprisonment to kill some more.

In the video game Batman universe at least. I can't speak to the cartoon but it sure SEEMED Joker was less a mass murderer then. Probably because it was a cartoon.

well i mean there really arent that many villians in the batman universe aside from joker and maybe riddler who are capable of consistently breaking themselves out of arkham without help

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

1500 a semester?

do you live in a barn or something?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Mori, your site is prompting to install a plugin.

ie it's still hijacked :(

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2010

See, when I lived in halls I just went to the reception area with my bill - they took out their card machine, I paid with my card and life was done.

I guess cheques are useful when you live in a world without internet banking or portable card machines but that's really not the case in Europe so cheques are rendered useless.

The treasurer of your fraternity is just a guy, Daxon.

You do not understand Greeks.

Winky on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Actually the free internet banking exist here. Depends on the bank, but it is one of those things they like to advertise. Actually pay my credit card through direct debit and it isn't them cutting a check, its a direct draw from my account.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    japan wrote: »

I would do a bank transfer, generally, in this situation. It's quicker and it saves me having to go and ask the bank for a chequebook.

Do you not have drawers or cabinets in Britain?

moniker on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

THAT'S IT, YOU'RE OUT OF THE TEA PARTY. TURN IN YOUR WALMART LYCRA PANTS AND YOUR POORLY ASSEMBLED PROTEST SIGN.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

But I just take thirty seconds to scribble out "DATE $30.60 THIRTY AND 60/100 SIGNATURE" and it's so convenient and easy.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    are you ready to yeti

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

well i mean there really arent that many villians in the batman universe aside from joker and maybe riddler who are capable of consistently breaking themselves out of arkham without help

Why didn't Batman just make his OWN prison for The Joker?

It wouldn't be any more insane or amoral than everything else Batman does.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Winky wrote: »

The treasurer of your fraternity is just a guy, Daxon.

You do not understand Greeks.

Then you just internet bank the money directly to his account.

Again, we avoid unnecessary steps in the process.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    moniker wrote: »

:?:

japan on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Europe has spoken.

ALL BANK ATM'S FREE

EUROPE HATH

SPOKETH

Both flags are red!

Therefore they are the same!

commienazis1252109234.jpg

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

Why didn't Batman just make his OWN prison for The Joker?

It wouldn't be any more insane or amoral than everything else Batman does.

Guantanamo Bat?

i can see that
    i doubt alfred would go for that though cause you know he's gonna end up doing all the work
    its like when you ask your parents for a puppy and they won't get you one cause they're the ones that are gonna end up doing all the hard work

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yesssssssssss

Honk on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

But I just take thirty seconds to scribble out "DATE $30.60 THIRTY AND 60/100 SIGNATURE" and it's so convenient and easy.

If you have a chequebook, sure. But cheques take forever to clear, from memory it's like two days after they present the cheque for payment.

japan on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

1500 a semester?

do you live in a barn or something?

I just picked a random number.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I JUST REMEMBERED I SMUGGLED A CRUNCHIE!

CRUNCHIE TIME! :D

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    How is chequebook formed?

Honk on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    moniker wrote: »

:?:

When I opened my checking account (with free online bill pay and internet banking) I got a checkbook in the mail a week or two later. That checkbook is sitting in a drawer collecting dust because I think I've maybe written 5 checks in my life, but this way I'm prepared in case I need to write 7 before I die.

moniker on
This discussion has been closed.