Options

[Team Fortress 2] TF2Maps.net Art Pass Mapping Contest!

• Options
    GnomocideGnomocide Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thanks again, just stumbled on that block myself now. Trying a few different things now....

edit: scaleImage didn't work - now I just need to figure out what the default width/height settings are...

edit#2: Okay 15/15 tall/wide seems to work out nicely. Example:
    2z6zh2f.jpg
    If anyone wants this freshly modified HUD file, it can be acquired here. Place the file in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\[account name]\team fortress 2\tf\resource\ui (if it doesn't exist already just create it).

Thanks for the help undeinPirat!

Gnomocide on
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Ginger, when you come out with crap like "'cos you lost doesn't make the teams stacked" after you steamroll to the final point and stage while we cannot take the first point of the first stage, when the top three of your team has more points and likely kills than the bottom seven or so of our team, you make your country look stupid. And that's a bad thing, because your country looks pretty stupid already.

What the fuck kind of post is this?

the kind that
    wait for it
    owns
    hehsmug.gif420smokeweederrdaytf2meme etc

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    IngramIngram there was only Rage Kage Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was browsing through the polycount entries and was surprised by the lack of bofors cannon.
    XD

Ingram on
    jswidget.php?username=ingram_&numitems=9&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&addstyles=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What wrote: »
    Ginger, when you come out with crap like "'cos you lost doesn't make the teams stacked" after you steamroll to the final point and stage while we cannot take the first point of the first stage, when the top three of your team has more points and likely kills than the bottom seven or so of our team, you make your country look stupid. And that's a bad thing, because your country looks pretty stupid already.

What the fuck kind of post is this?

an awesome one

ireland is some dumb stuff!!

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That's my new favorite post.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ebotastic wrote: »
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    Ebo that made my day

excellent post is excellent

I am glad! :D

I appreciate being in that image dump, but there was nothing entertaining about that picture. Like, it was a soldier running.

With a bunny hat, admittedly, but still.
    Ingram wrote: »
    I was browsing through the polycount entries and was surprised by the lack of bofors cannon.
    XD

One of the entry pages mentioned wanting to do that, but they noticed the rule that said all the weapons had to be of an original design.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    GnomocideGnomocide Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Really we should just ask Valve for it as an option, and in the mean time find a mod.

Your wish is my command!

I already created a thread on the steam forums (hurr :?), suggesting the option. While we wait for our mighty Valve overlords to implement the feature, go and grab this small file. Drop it into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\[account name]\team fortress 2\tf\resource\ui and you should be all set.

I suspect that the width/height changes I made are dependant on screen resolution (at least this would explain why the file linked on SA was the wrong avatar-size), so it might not look all that great on resolutions other than 1680 x 1050. In that case just manually edit those settings ("wide" and "tall" in the "AvatarImage"-block) until it looks neat.

Edit: just tested it in 1440 x 900 and it looked fine. So I guess resolution isn't an issue!

Gnomocide on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Does anyone know what exactly determines what resolutions show up in the graphics options? I know some people are running some crazy high ones and I'm curious. I know you can set it manually but on mine it caps pretty low (at 1440x900 I think)

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    aspect ratio changes the settings

also your monitor size

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    undeinPirat on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Does anyone know what exactly determines what resolutions show up in the graphics options? I know some people are running some crazy high ones and I'm curious. I know you can set it manually but on mine it caps pretty low (at 1440x900 I think)

As far as I know TF2 asks your video drivers what resolution your monitor supports. The video drivers get this information from the monitor itself. I take it your monitor's native resolution is higher than 1440x900?

That_Guy on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HxlrXPSnjA

oh nooooooooo

sorry if posted.

donhonk on
  • Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    psyck0 wrote: »
    Who was the spy I was ubering last night? White Shark or something like that?

Anyway, great times were had on Jon's server. The best time was when my spy was disguised as a demoman and he walked around a corner and I started to heal him, then noticed the RED medic walk around the corner behind him, also healing him. Spy turned around and pinned the RED medic in the corner and we all stood there for a few seconds, the RED medic still healing him too, obviously very confused, before someone else on our team showed up and killed the poor guy. Hilarious.

That medic followed me for a good minute while I pretended to be a demo and desperately tried to get a good backstab angle. He was an awesome medic in that he stayed behind me, but a hilarious medic in that he didn't realize I was a spy even after I hadn't attacked anyone, even easy targets.

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    donhonk wrote: »

oh nooooooooo

sorry if posted.

Oh god someone post that weird japanese comic about the rock that stretches people out to look like this scout.

Endaro on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Daius wrote: »
    I like the Gunslinger because Baby Sentries are a joy to sap.

I like the Wrangler because Wrangling Engies are a joy to backstab.

I like the Frontier Justice because oh wait no there's no benefit as a spy for those

Speaking as a gunslinging engy, I really do not care whatsoever about the fate of my baby sentry. I will take half a second to make a new one in some random spot and move on. Possibly after shotgunning the spy that sapped my first one. And taking his 100 metal, which incidentally is enough for another sentry.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Endaro wrote: »

oh nooooooooo

sorry if posted.

Oh god someone post that weird japanese comic about the rock that stretches people out to look like this scout.

This?

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »

oh nooooooooo

sorry if posted.

This?

Yes, agh that one always makes me claustrophobic.

Endaro on
  • Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »

oh nooooooooo

sorry if posted.

This?

Ack, that fucking comic.

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    the rest of that guy's stuff is much worse if you want to give yourself the willies tonight

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The full video of that Odd Scoot gives me the heebie jeebies.

Huntera on
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    scouttrollface.jpg

Molybdenum on
    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

We didn't steamroll shit. You put up a decent enough defense then we won. Calling for scramble before you even make any attempt at offense.
    Then sucking at offense, no doubt because of your teams tarded class makeup.
    Not a steamroll.

Irrelevant jab at country of origin, well done.:^:

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    hint : when making fun of ginger, call him welsh

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You want me to call him Christian Bale? I could NEVER do that to another human being, not even Uwe Boll!

Huntera on
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TF2.

Engine
    Increased the resilience of client/server data table mismatches when playing back demos. This will make most old demo files playable again, but with potential visual side effects

Team Fortress 2
    Updated CP_Coldfront
    Added map to the default mapcycle and motd files.
    Fixed a server crash issue related to increased maxplayer servers.
    Fixed a couple Engineer building exploits.
    Updated the localization files.
    Improved the performance of the critboost particle effect.
    Fixed a server crash related to carrying buildings at round start.
    Fixed players picking up buildings before a round has started.
    Fixed an exploit where Engineers could create level 3 mini-sentries

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    SydRocksSydRocks Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Had lots of fun on the PA servers tonight, I had forgotten how fun it could be to play medic when you've got a decent team to heal. :p

Shout out to Aegis for being such a great recipient of my crit-ubers!! :D

SydRocks on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Haven't seen coldfront on the PA servers since it went official

Thats kinda odd

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I saw it once.

I wasn't playing to my best, and it was sentry day, so there were like 7 engineers on either team

Huntera on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just got booted off the server just before headshotting a Sniper with the Ambassador for the 4th time in a row

Booooo

Seriously though, Snipers who believe that the razorback actually protects them need a charity or something

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just got booted off the server just before headshotting a Sniper with the Ambassador for the 4th time in a row

Booooo

Headshoting Snipers is always fun.
    Seriously though, Snipers who believe that the razorback actually protects them need a charity or something

Honestly I still don't get why Valve didn't make the Razorback invisible to the enemy.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pata wrote: »

Booooo

Honestly I still don't get why Valve didn't make the Razorback invisible to the enemy.

I just shoot them three times. Then taunt.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I now have a fear of heights because of pyros.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

But then you miss out on the delcious irony.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Restarted server with the update.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    SonarSonar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm having to stay off the PA servers. Everyone with any skill is playing spy and no one defends against them. I'll be the medic that's been pushing the team to win but have to switch off to antispy and watch the team backslide and lose. It's not fun after the 8th time. So, time to pub a bit.

Sonar on
    I'm building a real pirate ship. Really. Wanna help? Click here!
    steam_sig.png
    caffron said: "and cat pee is not a laughing matter"
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pata wrote: »

Booooo

Because it's a giant shield with a battery on it? Kind of difficult to put that under your shirt.

Also, whenever I try to backstab a sniper with the Razorback, I get stunned, the sniper keeps looking down his scope, and then I backstab him again when my stun wears off.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    guarguar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

What do you need 3 shots for what you can do in 2.

guar on
  • Options
    davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    the rest of that guy's stuff is much worse if you want to give yourself the willies tonight

Walking fish comics. Cool comics.

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just restarted Team Fortress 2 after (I assumed) it updated.

Roller Coaster Tycoon started up.

O_o

mrflippy on