As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Legend of the Five Rings - [Phalla] in the Emerald Empire - Mantis Win!

• Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Do it Drez, do it!

daniant on
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    yeah, let's get this show on the road!

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    Do it Drez, do it!

I've signed Drez up already. He said that he would if there were spots. So I went ahead and did...

Maybe that was bad of me...

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    Do it Drez, do it!

I've signed Drez up already. He said that he would if there were spots. So I went ahead and did...

Maybe that was bad of me...

You're the Emperor... it's only bad of you if you say it is. :P

El Skid on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    !Mine

durax on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    woot

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    wait.. you mean it worked?

wow.

I sleep the fever away now, i hope...

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jdarksun wrote: »
    mission-accomplished.jpg

He looks so unsure.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    YESSSSSSS, FINALLY!

Lucedes on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Jesus. Took long enough.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Let's start signups for the next 70-player game while this one runs. We might be almost there by the end.

cheez on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I admire Loser's patience and devotion.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yay we can start!

Phyphor on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Where's Team GMT with the Big Show, anyway? Thought they were ready and I was all excited.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2010
    It's going to be so awesome when half the people get inactivus'd in the first two days.

A duck! on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Day 1 – The Rising Sun

The dawn came and the Jade Sun shone through the trees. Doji Tadahisa sat quietly on a stone bench. The stone was cool beneath him, but it would warm throughout the day. Also, Tadahisa was wearing a thick winter kimono. Others huddled inside to wait out the crisp winter morning. Tadahisa liked the calm. He chewed slowly on a small ball of slightly sweetened rice, a treat he loved since childhood, and thought. With the current state of the Empire, there would be much bloodshed. Something needed to be done quickly to stem the tide of war that would sweep the Empire. Broken from his reverie, by the landing of a crane in a pond nearby, he smiled. Tadahisa got up and walked towards the crane, the graceful symbol of his family. He was shocked by the image of the pale hand, ice clinging to it, sticking out of the frozen pond. He screamed and rushed off to find one of the palace guards.

Matsu Genji gave a quick shout as her sword whistled through the air. The strike was less than perfect. She reset her stance, and did it again. And again. And again. Perfection came from repetition. Her mother had taught her this strike, and her mother had taught it to her and so one and so on. That was the strength of the Lion: tradition, repetition, perfection. Genji heard the scream first, immediately running towards it with the instinct of a warrior. The other Lion who had been practicing their kata in the cold morning air ran alongside her. They found the Crane, out of breath, running through the garden.
    “Crane-sama, what is the problem?” Genji asked, firmly.
    “Thank the kami that you are here, Lion-san, there is a dead man in the garden!” Tadahisa nearly yelled out, his excitement overtaking him. Genji nodded to the Lion, and they flowed around her and the Crane deeper into the garden.
    “Come with me, Crane-sama, we will find one of the palace guards to report this to.” The two of them walked towards the Imperial Palace.

The courtroom was silent as Otomo Hokutohime, the Daimyo of the Otomo and quite possibly the most important person in the Empire, spoke.
    “The Kuni, having been able to examine the corpse, have concluded that this was the work of Maho. There is evil among us, an evil that threatens to destroy the Empire at the most delicate of times. Any hostility must be set aside for the good of the Empire, without unity, we will surely fall. It is up to us to root out this evil, and put a stop to it. Nothing can stand against the might of the clans united. The head of the palace guard will sit in judgment of us. Testimony will be given, guilt will be decided.”
    As soon as her words had stopped, the room exploded into hushed conversations. The clans turned inward, casting only sly glances at the other occupants. One of the Scorpion was the first to excuse himself, but was closely followed by one of the Unicorn. Cold stares were exchanged between all the clans.
    War had come, and the battlefield was to the be the Imperial city.

Day 1 has begun!

PM's are going out!

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man I'm going to laugh when the day 1 casualties are either the guys who have been waiting a week for this to start or one of the guys saying "Oh hey I got a PM to join this and now I'm dead super awesome."

Farangu on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wait a minute, doesn't the first day usually start after all the role PMs go out?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    A bold new exercise in Phalla organization: vote before you know your role!

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    at least it will make the day 1 records make sense...

!vote x.

3 minutes later:

!retract x. :(

psolms on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    oh hai guys are we still voting for pie or caek

Farangu on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Wait a minute, doesn't the first day usually start after all the role PMs go out?

The guy has been waiting for awhile now, I think he just got a bit excited :)

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Farangu wrote: »
    Farangu for sitting on the fence and not favouring either!

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    psolms wrote: »

!vote x.

3 minutes later:

Now all we have to do is wait!

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Anonymous

I love pastries of all shapes and sizes.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Kias wrote: »
    psolms wrote: »

!vote x.

3 minutes later:

Now all we have to do is wait!
    Then how about this: I'm going to change my vote once a minute! Such a devious plan will obscure the truth and prevent anyone from learning anything! Muwahahahahaha!

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Nefarious.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    In all seriousness, he probably meant to start the day once the PMs were out.

Ah well.

Call this my unbiased vote, !K[strike]efka[/strike]ias

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Ah well.

It looked better in red :P

But still, very clever.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mister Blarney left the theater during a performance!

I know it's an evil conspiracy, why else would he snub my acting skills like that?

*twitch*

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Ah well.

I caught your ninja edit.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    well i think we all know who needs to die first to prove the severity of the situation.

some red shirt.

psolms on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Ah well.

I caught your ninja edit.

I wanted the vote to be clearer.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Not you, Kias.

Wait, you made a ninja edit too? Then forget what I just said. :P

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Not you, Kias.
    Is this a game to you? Is it?

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm voting Look Out It's Sabs! because A duck! looks out for no man. 509y.gif

Also, there can be only one exclamation point.

A duck! on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm voting for A duck!!!!!!

Because I can.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    3clipse wrote: »
    I'm voting for A duck!!!!!!

Because I can.

Wait, this might leave us with no exclamation points, and then where would we be?

A duck! on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    We're starting? About time...

I'll have to bust out some pertinent background info as needed. I love this setting because it's so damned awesome.

Just remember to pitch a few pebbles at the Three Faces before you step out the door.

As far as the dead body, samurai-caste people really don't want to touch dead things- after all, that's why they have eta (non-people) servants. Eta are the lowest-ranking civilian in the Emerald Empire, therefore there's no risk in them touching dead things (because they can't be reborn into a lower social rank).

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    A world without punctuation is not a world I want to live in. Now, JaysonFour doesn't even seem to appreciate glorious whitespace, and that is unacceptable.

Phyphor on