As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GAME OVER!] Phallanoia! [WE WIN!]

• Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Why did you mutants kill me? What did I do that was so heinous in your sight? Heck, I don't even think I was even looking at Celebrim or Stew...was I?

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm just amazed I made it this long.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh, indeed. Great game. Nice work, Rygar. Nice work, OtakuD00D. Too bad none of the Happy Fun Time Pills hit any communists. That woulda been even more hilarious than the regular pill effects.

Let's do this again sometime. With clones.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Lol, sorry Buzz Buzz, but that's what happens when I get a 'buzz buzz' if you catch my drift.
    pill

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    Squashua wrote: »
    I loved how the friendwork got owned by me killing Eldercat via RNG. Classy.

Why did you muties let me live for so long?

I was wondering that too. you kept telling me "I can fend them off!"

No. I claimed I could fend off the commies and the zaps, but not the mutants.

That's why I kept asking for you to deflect mutant attacks on me.

% chance of my head blowing up. Hahaha.

I even asked around in the last game if anyone had ever gone overboard BS'ing a special before. :winky:

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I wanted to see what might happen if I had two pills...

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Awwwwwwwwww, I got RNG'd? Rats. :(

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Just a small note on Badman's spreadsheet: I think you have the wrong things in the night 6 'vote' column.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Actually now that I look at it... it seems only Celebrim's kills got blocked. Funny. Also: Curse you robothero!

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    % chance of my head blowing up. Hahaha.

Yeah I didn't buy that line. I thought it was just a one time use item and were hoping no one tried again to hit you.

Also: Curse you robothero!

NOW what did I do! :P

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    Also: Curse you robothero!

NOW what did I do! :P

He's a mutant and you blocked him; once on Rygar and once on yourself.

Commies knew (or should have) better than to go after you, since you revealed yourself to them! MWAH HA HA!

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Squashua on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Better commies than mutants IMO.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Everyone sign up! (Thanks for the plug, Squashua).

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Just a small note on Badman's spreadsheet: I think you have the wrong things in the night 6 'vote' column.

FIX'T

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wow... hunches more accurate than I thought.

Also: This is the last time I listen blindly to a network instead of sticking to my guns. My !zap guns.

Threelemmings on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wow... hunches more accurate than I thought.

Also: This is the last time I listen blindly to a network instead of sticking to my guns. My !zap guns.
    Too much trusting and too little zapping.

A FATAL ERROR.

Good game guys, wish I coulda participated more, but sudden week of overtime sucks :x

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Ok, I went back and titled the days, fixed the op with links and added the roles to the list in second post. Whew.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I didn't really pay much attention to this game, but I think this is kind of the nail in the coffin for trusting any and all networks. Well played, commies.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    I didn't really pay much attention to this game, but I think this is kind of the nail in the coffin for trusting any and all networks. Well played, commies.

I kept wondering why anyone would want to listen to a network in a game with no reveals, no declared specials, and everyone had vigilante blasts.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I still don't know what was going on, but I told you all my PM said Cantide was a bogus.

Also I barely paid any attention too. :D

tofu on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Another lesson: Unless someone is 100% confirmed, don't trust them. DA first proved this when Spawnbroker turned out to be an inactive special, and Squashua just proved it again by "luckily" (I use quotes because half of the zaps against him were fake) surviving some zaps after the first round.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Tormented soul dodged 7 zaps (some fake) in one round. I almost died laughing.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Tormented soul dodged 7 zaps (some fake) in one round. I almost died laughing.

You... you are a bad, bad man!
    You run a good, good game, though. It was a blast!

Threelemmings on
  • Options
    wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Heheh, i just read this and the commie proboards, gg everyone!

And damn it Squashua, I was trying to set you up and then the mutant kill thing happened, and shit, hahaha.

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dangit, why did you guys kill me day one? I made it a point to lay low and not get any zaps pointed at myself...only to be killed by teh commies.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Damnit Squashua, I felt bad for you. I figured you and robothero were the only citizens in the network.

Munkus was killed because he shot himself. Mutant zappers didn't work either, so I figured all the specials worked that way.

Usually the Comiies would have gone after the network for us, but you had hoodwinked the damned guardians and we had to get through them to get to you guys. Well played.

The fake zaps against tormented were what I was using to find everyone mid game. They called for 5-6 zaps which meant they were hiding fake zappers in there. The night thorpe died, was robothero protected? It was a toss up between them for me.

And I knew I should have tried to start that revolt against Rygar day 4. By Day 5 noone was left. I think of the people I sent the PM to, only Infidel lived, and he zapped me :P.

Celebrim on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Everyone sign up! (Thanks for the plug, Squashua).

Anytime, man. Just figured I'd let the peeps know precisely where they can exact their revenge.

(in da butt)

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Even though I got totally played, this Phalla was really fun, and being that it was my first time playing (I played VtM but died the first night), I definitely learned alot.

EBM, just a quick hypothetical. If a special (e.g. guardian) was converted to communism, would they have retained their special ability?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I can answer that; yes.

Squashua on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wow. The reveal post made this game so much better than it already was. Pity I died so soon. Good game everyone, especially EBM.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I told you guys that Rygar's and Squashua's roles made no sense!

Great game Evilbadman, this was a lot of fun.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So I think we learned that unknown specials and conversion mechanics destroy insta-networks :). Figures that I get to be a 3rd party in the one game where the bad guys ARE the network.

2 vs 61 is rough :)!

Rygar, did my list of those 5 I thought were confirmed innocents get those people killed or were they already on your radar?

And great game EBM!

Celebrim on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Great game EBM and DA, I enjoyed playing it and enjoyed reading it as well.

Perhaps next time I won't combust on day 1. Who am I kidding, it was still a lot of fun.

Good game all.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »

I kept wondering why anyone would want to listen to a network in a game with no reveals, no declared specials, and everyone had vigilante blasts.

Not everyone, the mutants were as impotent as the Commies. I would so rather have been a normal citizen this game. I'd have probably gotten more kills :).

Celebrim on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Celebrim wrote: »
    So I think we learned that unknown specials and conversion mechanics destroy insta-networks :). Figures that I get to be a 3rd party in the one game where the bad guys ARE the network.

Rygar, did my list of those 5 I thought were confirmed innocents get those people killed or were they already on your radar?

Check the Commie boards to see the how/why whomever was targeted. There is a separate "KILL VOTE DAY X" for each day.

And Last Son - my character concept was simply a viable play on the Guardian concept.
    A Guardian aganst ZAPs and Commies, but not Mutants and the vote, with % chance of self-death.

Squashua on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Check the Commie boards to see the how/why whomever was targeted. There is a separate "KILL VOTE DAY X" for each day.

And Last Son - my character concept was simply a viable play on the Guardian concept.
    A Guardian aganst ZAPs and Commies, but not Mutants and the vote, with % chance of self-death.
    I didn't see a day one kill thing on there...am I blind?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »

I didn't see a day one kill thing on there...am I blind?

Page two of the threads. I posted a lot. You can read the summary too for the low-down.

Best threads:

Summarization

Zap Vote Day One

Kill Vote Day One
    Kill Vote Day Two
    Kill Vote Day Three
    Kill Vote Day Four
    Kill Vote Day Five

Troubleshooter Roster
    Suspected Specials
    Network Infiltration - all PMs received by Commies

Squashua-Go-Nuts

Squashua on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    dosen't this thread break the time space continuium ?

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Draeven wrote: »
    dosen't this thread break the time space continuium ?

Not until it goes over 100 pages with 50 posts/page view. Get crackin'.

Squashua on