As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Playstation Store Thread - Use the New Thread!

• Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hey. So I was told that I can get Front Mission 3 by making an EU account. So I did.. And it's there.. How.. exactly do I get them to take my money?

Xaviar on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Xaviar wrote: »
    Hey. So I was told that I can get Front Mission 3 by making an EU account. So I did.. And it's there.. How.. exactly do I get them to take my money?

You can either use a Mastercard to buy points (MC seems to be the only card company that will work), or you can buy a European PSN card from a website, who will take your money and then email you the code (this is what I did to get Outrun Online Arcade).

BUT

PS1 games on the European PSN don't seem to work unless your PS3/TV support PAL resolutions (576i). Yeah, even if you're going to be upscaling the game to 1080p over an HDMI cable, you still can't play them.

Which is straight up retarded. They'll play on a PSP, but since they were purchased under a different account from your NA one it'll be a pain in the ass to switch back and forth between them.

The website I bought my code from was maximus cards, and the price for a 20 GBP UK card (which translates to about $31.67 in USD) would cost you $33.95

I was hoping we'd see an NA release of FM3 on the PSN as a work up for the release of Evolved, but no such luck I guess. I lucked out and scored a used complete PS1 copy in excellent shape from Amazon about a year ago for around $20, but it looks like they're all much more expensive now.

Also, I sent you a PSN message.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Actually perfect for me. I have a ps1 copy of FM3, also in fairly excellent shape. But I wanted it on my PSP for the portable-ness. And as I currently use my PSP for.. well.. absolutely nothing, that won't really be an issue for me =)

[edit]

Also, ridiculous. The maximus cards place you sent me to is asking me to send them a scanned copy of my drivers license and credit card statement.

That is absolutely crazy.

Anybody in the UK willing to take some paypal for a 20GBP UK PSN card?

Xaviar on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Lara Croft is an awesome little game. Totally worth the price, especially if you have someone to play it with locally.

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah that's crazy. I just had to respond to an email.

They must be getting paranoid that their next customer is actually a Sony Computer Entertainment sting operation.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh, heh. I forgot completely about The Drop this week.
    PlayStation Network

Alien Breed: Impact — A science fiction arcade-shooter that resurrects a much revered franchise with an epic story, swarms of intelligent alien enemies, high-impact weapons and detailed rich environments.

Deadliest Warrior: The Game — Based on the the Spike TV series that regularly pits two of the most feared warriors civilization has ever known against each other in order to provide insight into what makes these combatants tick and determine which of these legends of the battlefield were truly the deadliest of all warriors.

PSone Japan Imports

Magical Drop F — This is a puzzle game in which players align falling colored orbs into matching groups of three. During the puzzle portion, female characters with revealing outfits (e.g., bikini tops, tube tops) are displayed in the background.

Arcade Hits: Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty — A fighter that features 13 characters from the Chinese classical novel Water Margin. An Arcade Mode that reproduces the arcade version of the game and an extra “Beginners’ Mode” are put in place to let different kinds of fans enjoy the fighting experience to the fullest.

PlayStation minis

Actual Crimes: Jack the Ripper — Travel back to 1880’s London to help Scotland Yard’s detectives solve the crime of the century. Search scenes of crime and solve puzzles in your hunt for clues. Was Jack a doctor, a royal prince, a barber, or something else?

Fort Commander: King’s Gambit — There has been a recent surge in games fulfilling the tower defense categorisation, and Fort Command: King’s Gambit is no exception. It features forts, fighting and fun in a neatly addictive little package.

Urbanix — You play as Urbanix, a tiny little tractor that has to build a town on an empty field. Avoid enemies, catch and chase away house crashers – they will try to spoil your game. Play on Earth, in the North Pole or on the Moon – all locations have different gameplay mechanics. Be accurate, be quick, collect bonuses on your way, and you will be the winner!

Apache: Overkill — An intense helicopter shoot ‘em up with 99 levels of non-stop explosive action. Blast away waves of choppers, trucks, jets, and tanks before facing the bombers, armoured airships and Special Ops. Use upgrades to boost your firepower, blitzing the enemy in a torrent of destruction.

Shapo — Get ready to test your skills of speed, balance, and strategy in this unique puzzler. Catch clusters of marbles and quickly place them on the teeter-totter grid. This seemingly simple task is complicated by an increasing number of heavier and heavier marble types.

Nothing really witty to say. Just looks like Minis week.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Not too interested in the PS1 imports so far, but I'm pleased that they're still coming. Gives me hope that something really cool will show up eventually.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Played Dead Nation at an expo this weekend and was pretty cool, especially f it pulls through on local co-op.

Anyone know if it has a release date on PSN yet?

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oh, the post for the NA Update just went up.
    PlayStation Plus

Wired Skulls Theme (Free & Exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
    Bubble Trubble (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
    Qore Episode 29: October (Single Episode) (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
    Wakeboarding HD Dynamic Theme (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
    Heavy Rain Origami Dog Avatar (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Discounts

Alien Breed: Impact (PlayStation Plus Price $11.24, original price $14.99)
    Wakeboarding HD Game w/ Dynamic Theme (PlayStation Plus Price $7.99, original price $9.99)

Discounted PS one Games
    PS one Imports

Arcade Hits: Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty (PlayStation Plus Price $3.00, original price $5.99)
    Magical Drop F (PlayStation Plus Price $3.00, original price $5.99)

Updates

Wakeboarding HD w/ Dynamic Theme – (Special Offer bundled with Dynamic Theme $9.99)
    Rayman – Sale (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $5.99) **Part of the PlayStation 15th Anniversary Sale
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Package – Sale (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package – Sale (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 French Resurgence Package – Sale (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99) (Available to Canadian users)
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 French Stimulus Package – Sale (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99) (Available to Canadian users)
    Tetris – minis – Permanent Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Flying Tiger PSP Themes (x14) – Permanent Price Drop (now $1.49, original price $1.99)

-(PS3) Deadliest Warrior: The Game ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Alien Breed: Impact ($14.99)
    -(PS3) Demos for Topatoi, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Deadliest Warrior: The Game, Alien Breed: Impact

-(Imports) Arcade Hits: Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty ($5.99)
    -(Imports) Magical Drop F ($5.99)

Darkstalkers Avatars (x2) ($0.49)
    File size: 100 KB

Mega Man 10 Avatars (x3) ($0.49)

Street Fighter Avatars (x7) ($0.49)

-(PSP) Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction ($29.99)

-(Minis) Fort Commander: King’s Gambit – minis ($4.49)
    -(Minis) Urbanix – minis ($4.99)
    -(Minis) Apache: Overkill – minis ($2.99)
    -(Minis) Actual Crimes: Jack the Ripper – minis ($3.99)
    -(Minis) Shapo – minis ($4.99)

So, Alien Breed: Impact, Everyone who didn't want to make a Europe account can get the Castlevania Demo now, and possibly the most surprising thing of all, Tetris drops from 'absurdly overpriced' to just 'overpriced'.

Rayman is this weeks 15th Anniversary title. And from what I've seen, these discounts will go til the end of the year, apparently. (As in, there'll be a new one every week til the end of the year, not they'll be on sale that long)
    Adda wrote: »
    Played Dead Nation at an expo this weekend and was pretty cool, especially f it pulls through on local co-op.

Anyone know if it has a release date on PSN yet?

Nothing concrete yet, but I would imagine they'd want to shoot for the end of the month for Halloween.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So how's Alien Breed? Length? Thinking of snagging it.

JJ on
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Pal Update: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/10/06/heads-up-game-store-update-6th-october-2010/

Not much of interest here:

Ferrari: The Race Experience (PS3) and Phantasy Star Portable 2 (PSP) are the new games for sale.
    Ace Armstrong Vs. The Alien Scumbags and Urbanix are the new minis.
    Demos are DJ Hero 2 (PS3) and Dragonball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team (PSP)

MW2 DLC is roughly half price for a while, there's some free RDR DLC and as always there's Rock Band and ModNation DLC as well.

Castle Crashers is apparently in the process of being resubmitted, so I guess it'll be a while before that one shows up.

Plus people get SF2: HD Remix, Kula World, Aero Racer (which I've heard isn't too bad) and Yeti Sports "free".
    Full game trials are Ferrari: The Race Experience & Tomb Raider: Underworld, and there's price reductions on a lot of stuff (I recommend the Shatter soundtrack).

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The free RDR DLC is coming out next week. They were misinformed by Rockstar about its release date.

SmokeStacks, you can count yourself lucky that you got Outrun when you did. Seems like Sega requested SCEE remove it from the PS Store and according to Mike Kebby, it doesn't sound like it's coming back.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm kinda curious how well Rayman holds up without nostalgia-vision.

Dirty on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Did I read that right? Castlevania demo?! NICE!

langfor6 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    SmokeStacks, you can count yourself lucky that you got Outrun when you did. Seems like Sega requested SCEE remove it from the PS Store and according to Mike Kebby, it doesn't sound like it's coming back.

What? That sucks.

My goal was to try and convince a few other North Americans to get it as well so that I could actually find people to play with online without having to stay up until three in the morning when people from Europe are playing.

You think it has something to do with the new Ferrari game being released?

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't think they've removed it from XBLA so I doubt it. Seems pretty stupid yeah but that's Sega for you.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Will likely pick up Rayman. The game's hella hard but it's charming and alot of fun.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

What? That sucks.

My goal was to try and convince a few other North Americans to get it as well so that I could actually find people to play with online without having to stay up until three in the morning when people from Europe are playing.

Is anyone still actually playing it? Fortunately, I can still redownload it. Unfortunately for you, I'm in the UK. :)

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I've been waiting for the Comic Store post, and it just ain't coming, so I'll just go ahead and use PAL's, since they've been nigh-mirrored lately.
    * 13 Chambers - Twistory
    * Atomic Robo Vol. 4 #1 - Red 5 Comics
    * Batman #664-#666 - DC Comics
    * Betty #185 - Archie Comics
    * Black Cherry Bombshells #1 - DC Comics
    * City of Glass - Faber and Faber
    * DMZ #24 & #25 - DC Comics
    * Donald Duck and the Count of Monte Cristo #1 & #2 - Disney DigiComics
    * Dual #3 - DC Comics
    * Dust Tactical Field Manual (FREE!) - Twistory
    * Dust Wars #1 - Twistory
    * Fables #26 - DC Comics
    * Fractures #1 - Markosia
    * Green Lantern #7-#9 - DC Comics
    * Hulk (2008) #5-#8 - Marvel
    * Iron Man (1968) #225-229 - Marvel
    * Kane & Lynch #2 - DC Comics
    * Melody #1 - DC Comics
    * Mystery Society #3 - IDW
    * Powers (2000) #23 & #24 - Icon
    * Reya #0 - Markosia
    * Silent Hill: Sinner’s Reward #1-#4 - IDW
    * Simon’s Cat - Canongate Books
    * Sonic Universe #15 - Archie Comics
    * Starcraft #6 & #7 - DC Comics
    * Superman/Batman #31 - DC Comics
    * Supertron #3 - DC Comics
    * Telera Chronicles #0 - DC Comics
    * Victorian Undead #6 - DC Comics
    * Welcome to Tranquility #6 - DC Comics
    * Wonder Woman Vol 3 #1-#4 - DC Comics
    * Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper #2 - IDW

Two things. First, I'm not sure if anyone here really cares but a lot of the comic store commenters have been asking about Manga and apparently it is coming "Soon". Specifically,
    Manga soon?
    Yes sir! It’s all coming together.

So there's that, I guess.

Second, on top of the Plus stuff for PAL people, don't they also get Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Beta access? I haven't followed it too much, but I recall hearing something about delays and such, so I don't know if that's happening, is going to, or what.

Edit: Oh, duh, they finally started listing Plus stuff in the PAL updates.
    PlayStation Plus

* PSN: Street Fighter HD Remix
    * minis: Aero Racer, Yeti Sports
    * PSOne Classic: Kula World
    * Full Title Trial: Ferrari: The Race Experience, Tomb Raider: Underworld
    * Exclusive Discounts: Burn Zombie Burn (inc. free exclusive Home item), Shatter Soundtrack (includes Dynamic Theme), Trine, Alien Breed: Impact, Ace Armstrong Vs. The Alien Scumbags, Gravity Crash
    * Dynamic Themes: Start the Party Theme, Exclusive Halloween Theme
    * Premium avatars: PAIN Jarvis and Le Toot Avavtars, SingStar Wannabe and Rising Star Avatars

Still, anyone know the status of that better than me?

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

What? That sucks.

Is anyone still actually playing it? Fortunately, I can still redownload it. Unfortunately for you, I'm in the UK. :)

I've found a few multiplayer games really late at night or super early in the morning (I'm GMT-7). It's usually only two or three people though.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Second, on top of the Plus stuff for PAL people, don't they also get Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Beta access? I haven't followed it too much, but I recall hearing something about delays and such, so I don't know if that's happening, is going to, or what.

Edit: Oh, duh, they finally started listing Plus stuff in the PAL updates.
    PlayStation Plus

* PSN: Street Fighter HD Remix
    * minis: Aero Racer, Yeti Sports
    * PSOne Classic: Kula World
    * Full Title Trial: Ferrari: The Race Experience, Tomb Raider: Underworld
    * Exclusive Discounts: Burn Zombie Burn (inc. free exclusive Home item), Shatter Soundtrack (includes Dynamic Theme), Trine, Alien Breed: Impact, Ace Armstrong Vs. The Alien Scumbags, Gravity Crash
    * Dynamic Themes: Start the Party Theme, Exclusive Halloween Theme
    * Premium avatars: PAIN Jarvis and Le Toot Avavtars, SingStar Wannabe and Rising Star Avatars

Still, anyone know the status of that better than me?

Yeah, the Brotherhood beta's been there for a week maybe, I thought it was all regions and figured it had been mentioned already.
    The Tomb Raider: Underworld trial wasn't on the store when I checked earlier, but everything else seems to be there.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Blade kitten doesn't actually seem that bad. That is all.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    High hopes for the import section, but odds of getting any RPGs seem non existent.

I would flip if Atlus decided to localize Persona 2 IS for the import section.
    or just paid Gemini and used his script

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    But if the imports were localized, would they still be imports? Or would they be re-releases?

Let us ponder this.

edit: It's a good thing Blast Off was free with PS+, because if I would have paid actual money for it I would have been pretty unhappy.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Alundra and Arc the Lad on PSN 10.12.2010, $5.99 apiece #1
    The press releases isn't out yet, but I got word that it is official that Alundra and Arc the Lad will be on PSN next Tuesday for $5.99 each. It's been a long road to get these up, but we finally made it! There are others in the pipeline behind these, so as long as the sales are good, we'll work to keep putting more up.

(Sorry, Europe. SCEE is still on the fence on offering Alundra due to Psygnosis being involved because their European version is based on the WD English version. It's a little complicated, but hopefully the strong US PSN sales will help us move them to offer this in Europe as well. As of right now there's no European PSN release.)

Alundra_box_tiny.jpgarc_logo.jpg

Aww yeah.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Reiterating:
    It's more a question of "is it worth the effort"? It's a complete pain in the butt to get older titles licensed and ready for PSN. If they only sell 5,000 or 10,000 or something, it's hardly worth it after everyone takes their cut. If we're selling 20 or 30k units (which is completely reasonable for an RPG at these prices and with the PS3 installed base), and up, it makes sense to keep grinding away at the other titles we're working on and maybe even get some PS1 content that was never localized translated for first-time release. There are lots of possibilities, but they all hinge on sales of these first few titles, since they don't get a whole lot better than this. If these won't sell for $5.99, nothing will.

EVERYONE BUY ALUNDRA.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'll probably get both simply because I completely missed out on most PS1 era RPGs. Unless they're not good or something.

In other news, though anyone who cares might know already: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Beta is up for all PS+ Subscribers now.

Go now and stab mans who want to stab you.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Alundra is amazing.

It's everything Zelda wishes it could still be.

Arc The Lad is okay.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    But if the imports were localized, would they still be imports? Or would they be re-releases?

Let us ponder this.

edit: It's a good thing Blast Off was free with PS+, because if I would have paid actual money for it I would have been pretty unhappy.

At that point, they'd probably just be better off porting the games to PS3 and/or PSP.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    alundra is exciting. my psone cd got left behind ages ago and i've been having pangs ever since

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Vic Ireland also said that the plan is to get Arc the Lad II out on the PSN in a month or so. Arc the Lad I is an okay game, but Arc the Lad II is right up there with FFT, Tactics Ogre, and Shining Force 2 as one of the best older Strategy/RPGs.

EDIT: Everyone should get Alundra. It's basically a darker & more difficult Zelda where you enter people's dreams.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Don't get your hopes too high for some WD classics; Vic himself said Elemental Gearbolt won't happen without some newfangled lightgun support, and Lunar is partially a GameArts thing now.

Everyone played Lunar, though.

And missed out on this.

Fun fact: EG was made by Alfa System, the team that made the Castle Shikigami/no Shiro trilogy.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Alundra! Yes!
    One step closer to having everything I could want on the PSN.
    Next I need Tombi 1 and 2.
    Someone needs to make this happen.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    without some newfangled lightgun support

uhhh
    playstation_move_ray_gun_1.jpg

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, but PS1 games don't have Move functionality.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The PS1 emulation that they use on the PSN doesn't support light guns or Move so unless they update the emulation, it's not going to happen.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    unless they update the emulation

it's hardly an outrageous idea, though? surely there are enough viable psx properties to warrant it

point blank NNNGGGGG

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    EG is probably the hardest light gun game ever. And to get the outtakes, you have to beat it on master mode.

No continues.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    shh cj we're talking about point blank now

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    They'd have to redo the entire system to get PS1 lightguns working with Move stuff.

Traditional lightguns work by having the gun read a coordinate displayed on your screen for a millisecond whenever you pull the trigger, and then the game interprets that coordinate as a location on the game screen (this is why a lot of gun games will have a screenflash whenever you pull the trigger, and also why they don't work well or at all on LCD/Plasma/Projection/LED TVs).

PlayStation Move works with a three-part system of accelerometers, cameras, and Voodoo Magic, which is completely incompatible with traditional lightgun games.

You can get a used GunCon for around $20 shipped from Amazon, though. The GunCon and the GameShark are the two things that are stopping me from playing all of my PS1 games on my PS3.

Also, Alundra and Arc the Lad holy toledo! I will buy the both partially because they are awesome, and partially because I want to see additional PS1 games like those hitting the PSN in the future.

SmokeStacks on
This discussion has been closed.