Options

[Chat] me Rhonda

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Why would you want to say fuck you to a server?

Server was awful to me and my brother. Brought us the wrong drinks repeatedly, rolled her eyes when we asked for them to be exchanged, put ice in no-ice drinks, refused to replace them, got our orders wrong, food was cold, we asked her to replace them and we saw her talking outside on her cellphone while we waited for our new meals.

So she got a frowny face in pennies.

Oh man, I am going to start carrying pennies just in case.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Usually, if I'm really disappointed in my service, I'll still tip, but it'll be ridiculously small, and although I almost always put tips on my card, in those case I prefer to use change, so I'm like, enjoy your 6 pennies and a nickel, try not to be so awful at your job next time. I remember I went to this sports bar place one night with some friends, and they were packed, but it was literally over a half an hour between the time we asked for our check and got them, and it's not like our server ever stopped by and just forgot to bring them or anything, we were just sitting there waiting. I think my food and whatnot was like, 11.94 and I tipped 6 cents to round it to the dollar.

be a man and just leave nothing, sheesh

make a statement with your tipping. six cents is just passive aggressive. nothing is like 'fuck you'

As someone who worked in the food industry, if you want to make a 'fuck you' with your tip, leave a very small amount of change (preferably a penny) because the server can rationalize no tip as 'oh they just forgot'

a penny is like 'no I didn't forget and FUCK YOU'

I guess a penny is a little worse than nothing yeah

I aint gonna lie... if I see that a place is packed, I probably won't expect the service to be quick. Also, sometimes I get off my ass, walk to the bar, and ask to cash out. I mean, yeah, I generally also check on my customers too. Fuck, even without a waitress, I still tried to make sure the tables were bussed and the customers were taken care of. But when a place gets full and there are fifty pushy assholes intercepting you between bar and your next table, you might lose track of the chill [chat]ers at a table who aren't acting like assholes.

My strategy in a situation like the one described: just don't tip. The service wasn't great, so don't tip. Don't be a goose about it... just, ya know... don't tip.

But whatevs <3

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    To clarify I usually tip 20%-30%

This waitress just burned my buns so hard.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The old tipping discussion is back!

Also, it is snowing!

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Server was awful to me and my brother. Brought us the wrong drinks repeatedly, rolled her eyes when we asked for them to be exchanged, put ice in no-ice drinks, refused to replace them, got our orders wrong, food was cold, we asked her to replace them and we saw her talking outside on her cellphone while we waited for our new meals.

That's a bad server. Okay, yeah I can see that as deserving of a fuck you.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Holy shit guys.

Mount and Blade is way better than it looks.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    One time when the hostess was taking me to my table I stopped in my tracks and said,

"Oh no! Not that jackass!"

Not quietly.

That guy didn't work there much longer... so I'm guessing I wasn't the only customer that had that reaction.

*edit: I guess this was mostly @ fluffy. Sometimes they deserve the "fuck you."

Galahad on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    something like this
    lolwutw.jpg

but like

TABLE, 34, FINALLY, RECEIVED, FOOD, AND, FUCK YOU

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »

Also, it is snowing!

I think complete with story, no one is going to say that Cass was in the wrong. Of course that doesn't matter anymore, someone is bound to step in and fill the role of Mr Pink.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Ok, yeah... got me there. Dude, I can barely get time away from my counter when the place is dead, for fear of employer reprisals. Who the fuck actually goes outside and gets on their cell when they're supposed to be waiting tables.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Holy shit guys.

It does eventually get boring... after like 50+ hours. I loved it.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Holy shit guys.

Well, that's not very hard, I haven't played it in a couple years, but the only thing it had going for it back then graphically or gameplay wise was jousting... which was a mod.

I thought it looked super drab, which may be what they were going for, or maybe just the result of only having like 2 people working on it, but I was dissapoint.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    On my sisters birthday two years back we got absolutely SHITTY service by a shitty server (And I work at a decent restraunt so I know what makes a good and bad server), and so on the check where it says TIP she work "Get a fucking personality"

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The lady downstairs is screaming "Kill yourself you witch-whore" over and over in spanish. It's 3:40 am. Gonna get so much late night rock band for this one.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The lady downstairs is screaming "Kill yourself you witch-whore" over and over in spanish. It's 3:40 am. Gonna get so much late night rock band for this one.

Maybe she's having a schizophrenic episode.

• Options
    edited November 2010

Also, it is snowing!

I think complete with story, no one is going to say that Cass was in the wrong. Of course that doesn't matter anymore, someone is bound to step in and fill the role of Mr Pink.

Oh I'm not going to be putting any judgement down here.

My new position with tipping is that I've added it to the list of things I don't talk to Americans about because the various national positions are so widely divergent that the opportunity to misunderstand is rather high. I also follow local cultural practice where I am, so far as I know it

Kalkino on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ugggh do not start thinking about your ex-gf joker, do not start thinking about your ex-gf joker, do not start thinking about your ex-gf joker...

Jokerman on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    straight

from

the bottle

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Ugggh do not start thinking about your ex-gf joker, do not start thinking about your ex-gf joker, do not start thinking about your ex-gf joker...

Aww, Ellie finally got the restraining order??

• Options
    edited November 2010

I kind of wish I lived downstairs from you so i could pretend to have a tourrettes attack, then come upstairs to play rock band.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Maybe she's having a schizophrenic episode.

Nah, she's talking to her elderly mother. The mother won't get out of bed and... I don't know it's hard to follow with the accents and the speed. Clearly they have a loving relationship based around swearing contests.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I haven't even played single player yet. Played multiplayer with G&Ters all night, which was such a blast.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Also, it is snowing!

Oh I'm not going to be putting any judgement down here.

My new position with tipping is that I've added it to the list of things I don't talk to Americans about because the various national positions are so widely divergent that the opportunity to misunderstand is rather high. I also follow local cultural practice where I am, so far as I know it

Your position mimics my almost perfectly.

On a personal note though, I think waiters should at least be given minimum wage (minimum wage here being something you can actually live off of if you work 35-40 hours a week) as well as potential tips.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »

Aww, Ellie finally got the restraining order??

I said Ex-Gf, not internet stalkee! Guah

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    straight

from

the bottle

Drinking already. Dude, really?
    ya rly <3

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    straight

from

the bottle

ya rly <3

Are you kidding

I had about a glass earlier

Now it's time for the rest

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    straight

from

the bottle

and then SiG was the ke$has

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Ok, yeah... got me there. Dude, I can barely get time away from my counter when the place is dead, for fear of employer reprisals. Who the fuck actually goes outside and gets on their cell when they're supposed to be waiting tables.

If you and someone else are working a section and you can get them to cover for you, it's not out of the question to go outside for a smoke or to make a quick call or just use the washroom. But you don't do that shit within view of a guest, or when it means your area's left abandoned, it isn't professional at all.

When a section is incredibly busy, I'm talking popular sports bar on a fight night, don't go in expecting a seat or for your patronage to receive to be taken seriously. Those nights you've either got constant traffic, tables that come in and sit for hours hogging up your section, or something in-between where you're constantly taking orders, pouring drinks, and then -- if you can remember to -- getting someone their bill.

There is a ton of shit to do working in the front of a restaurant, not to mention side duties besides, and if a guest doesn't feel like they've received enough attention, or that their needs haven't been properly attended to, that's understandable, but don't give your server attitude for it. It's a rough job, and personally I think everyone should do a stint in the service industry just to know what it's like.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    *sigh*

I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep.

Keep imagining I'm covered in ants.

Galahad on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    straight

from

the bottle

No

kesha is happy

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    straight

from

the bottle

ya rly <3

Are you kidding

I had about a glass earlier

Now it's time for the rest

Ok, if you drink as much as it seems, then I've got a theory about you. It's not negative. HOWEVER, the internet puts all things through a creepy filter.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    straight

from

the bottle

No

kesha is happy

:(

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Wow we just had a civilized conversation on tipping.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    *sigh*

Use those ants to fight off the army of grasshoppers led by Kevin Spacey!

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    straight

from

the bottle

No

kesha is happy

sig stop ruining my idea of you as a happy, mild alcoholic

it's really inconsiderate

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I don't drink as much as it seems

But what is your theory

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Whatever dude, you've got a witch whore living below you, you live in the best apartment.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    A living minimum wage certainly is something I support

Kalkino on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Wow we just had a civilized conversation on tipping.

Quick, how do you feel about automatic transmission?

Galahad on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    *sigh*

Use those ants to fight off the army of grasshoppers led by Kevin Spacey!

What no, Kevin Spacey is coming over?

I should make tea and cookies.

Galahad on
This discussion has been closed.