Options

Nintendo Announces Summer Lineup(Metroid Prime 3: Aug 20th)

• Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Brothers in Arms Wii is exclusive right? it's not a port, it's a completely new game.

LewieP on
  • Options
    paco_pepepaco_pepe Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    LewieP wrote: »
    Brothers in Arms Wii is exclusive right? it's not a port, it's a completely new game.

hopefully, is there any media for it? ive only seen those blurry scans of the Ds version.

paco_pepe on
    Paco+Pepper.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    paco_pepe wrote: »

hopefully, is there any media for it? ive only seen those blurry scans of the Ds version.

same here, but iirc, the press release did say the Wii version was completely new, and only for the Wii.

Hopefully, if Ubi apply all they've learnt from their 3 other Wii fps's it could be perfectly competent.

LewieP on
  • Options
    schlewschlew Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

same here, but iirc, the press release did say the Wii version was completely new, and only for the Wii.

Hopefully, if Ubi apply all they've learnt from their 3 other Wii fps's it could be perfectly competent.

Sadly, it is a port. Brothers in Arms: Double Time is a collection of the first two games, but with the obvious Wii enhancements.

But, I have a lot of faith in Gearbox, they've been really supportive of the Wii in interviews, so I think they know what to do to set this iteration apart from average ports.

schlew on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    schlew wrote: »

Sadly, it is a port. Brothers in Arms: Double Time is a collection of the first two games, but with the obvious Wii enhancements.

But, I have a lot of faith in Gearbox, they've been really supportive of the Wii in interviews, so I think they know what to do to set this iteration apart from average ports.

Hmm, I did miss both previous games, so that's not too bad.

Gearbox were one of the very first 3rd party developers to announce working on the Wii, they may have been working on this for a while. If it reviews well, and the controls are nice, and it's not worse looking than the xbox games I may get it.

LewieP on
  • Options
    DEL 707DEL 707 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Pata wrote: »
    Yay.

More Brain Training is comming out.

I love Brain Training.

I'm waiting for this one:

mbtrain.png
    I can't believe I spent 15 minutes on that...

Well if it helps, it made me chuckle. :P

DEL 707 on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So a Wii game with full online MP in 2007.. who woulda thunk it?

You know I've heard this on the forum a lot but can I get a post e3 source on this?
    For which game? If you're talking about Mario Strikers, it's been confirmed online for months now. BWii has been confirmed but I don't know too much about it; it hasn't been announced for MP3: Corruption but it's really the worst-kept secret around.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You sure about that? I recall hearing them say a while back that they were ditching multiplayer to have more time to develop the single-player.

Though I guess it did get delayed after they said that...

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    http://gonintendo.com/?p=18289
    Metroid Prime 3 fact sheet released today says single player only.

bruin on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    bruin wrote: »

Thank fucking God. Multiplayer in Prime 2 sucked balls and all it did was steal much needed dev time away from the main game.

I blame all those fucking crybaby reviewers who dock points on games for not having multiplayer. Goddamn ridiculous.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

I think he meant multiplayer by MP.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    titmouse wrote: »

Right, then Lunker said he thought Metroid Prime 3 is going to have online multiplayer.

bruin on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Summit started just a bit ago, I expect news to start coming out in the next few hours or so.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Thank fucking God. Multiplayer in Prime 2 sucked balls and all it did was steal much needed dev time away from the main game.

I blame all those fucking crybaby reviewers who dock points on games for not having multiplayer. Goddamn ridiculous.

I agree. I miss FPS that are actually games instead of an online service for getting called a whore.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I agree. I miss FPS that are actually games instead of an online service for getting called a whore.

Hey, there are people that will pay good money to let some 15 year old question their sexuality!

Delzhand on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hmm... someone should quote that fact sheet for those of us with filters. :(

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Hey, there are people that will pay good money to let some 15 year old question their sexuality!

Chris Hansen?

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    NINTENDO wrote:
    Metroid Prime® 3 Corruption
    Format: Wii™
    Launch Date: 08/20/07
    ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
    Game Type: First-Person Adventure
    Accessories: Wii Remote and Nunchuk™ controllers
    Players: 1
    Developer: Retro Studios
    Game Information

KEY INFORMATION
    If you think you knew what it felt like to be the bounty hunter behind the visor, think again. Take aim at evil with Nintendo’s revolutionary controller.

* Players control Samus by moving with the Nunchuk controller and aiming with the pointer, allowing for a level of immersion unlike anything they have ever experienced. Through the eyes of Samus, players experience a quantum leap in first-person control as they wield the Wii Remote controller, the ultimate device for the first-person shooter genre.

* Samus will employ well-known power-ups like the Grapple Beam and Morph Ball, as well as a bunch of new surprises, to help her survive her coming trials.

Game storyline: Six months have passed since the events on the planet Aether. The Galactic Federation’s network computer, Aurora Unit, is suddenly and completely corrupted with something like a virus. The Federation believes Space Pirates may be behind the problem and, beginning with Samus, starts to contact bounty hunters. As they explain the situation to the assembled hunters, the Federation is attacked by the pirates. Samus and the other hunters leap to the defense of the Federation capital, only to find that the enemy the hunters face is the presumed-dead Dark Samus. Dark Samus is armed with immense power that no one can withstand. It soon becomes obvious that the forces controlling Dark Samus and the terror of the contaminated Phazon are a dire threat that could corrupt the entire universe.

Characters: Samus, Dark Samus, the Galactic Federation and new bounty hunters.

How to progress through the game: The war initiated by Dark Samus and the Space Pirates rages across many planets as they attempt to corrupt each with Phazon seeds. Players use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk™ controllers to explore alien landscapes, hunt for weapons and information, and destroy the seeds. Saving the planets from corruption isn’t enough, though. Eventually, players must take down Samus’ mortal enemy, Dark Samus.

Special powers/weapons/moves/features: Using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers, players will be able to grasp and pull things by using actual arm movements, as well as execute amazing feats like aiming and blasting in midair or at a full run. The game also incorporates a new system involving Phazon. If you fill Samus’ Phazon supply to a certain level, Samus will temporarily go into hyper mode, a state in which she can pull off incredible feats; on the flip side, if she exceeds the maximum Phazon level, she’ll perish. Also, for the first time in the Metroid series, Samus’ ship will be used in active game play.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Kor wrote: »

The most important parts of that fact sheet:

1. Run while shooting

2. Control the Gunship

3. Travel from planet to planet, not to fetch things, but to hunt down and destroy them.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Edit - so beaten
    Format: Wii™
    Accessories: Wii Remote and Nunchuk™ controllers
    Game Information

KEY INFORMATION
    If you think you knew what it felt like to be the bounty hunter behind the visor, think again. Take aim at evil with Nintendo’s revolutionary controller.

* Players control Samus by moving with the Nunchuk controller and aiming with the pointer, allowing for a level of immersion unlike anything they have ever experienced. Through the eyes of Samus, players experience a quantum leap in first-person control as they wield the Wii Remote controller, the ultimate device for the first-person shooter genre.

* Samus will employ well-known power-ups like the Grapple Beam and Morph Ball, as well as a bunch of new surprises, to help her survive her coming trials.

Game storyline: Six months have passed since the events on the planet Aether. The Galactic Federation’s network computer, Aurora Unit, is suddenly and completely corrupted with something like a virus. The Federation believes Space Pirates may be behind the problem and, beginning with Samus, starts to contact bounty hunters. As they explain the situation to the assembled hunters, the Federation is attacked by the pirates. Samus and the other hunters leap to the defense of the Federation capital, only to find that the enemy the hunters face is the presumed-dead Dark Samus. Dark Samus is armed with immense power that no one can withstand. It soon becomes obvious that the forces controlling Dark Samus and the terror of the contaminated Phazon are a dire threat that could corrupt the entire universe.

How to progress through the game: The war initiated by Dark Samus and the Space Pirates rages across many planets as they attempt to corrupt each with Phazon seeds. Players use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk™ controllers to explore alien landscapes, hunt for weapons and information, and destroy the seeds. Saving the planets from corruption isn’t enough, though. Eventually, players must take down Samus’ mortal enemy, Dark Samus.

Special powers/weapons/moves/features: Using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers, players will be able to grasp and pull things by using actual arm movements, as well as execute amazing feats like aiming and blasting in midair or at a full run. The game also incorporates a new system involving Phazon. If you fill Samus’ Phazon supply to a certain level, Samus will temporarily go into hyper mode, a state in which she can pull off incredible feats; on the flip side, if she exceeds the maximum Phazon level, she’ll perish. Also, for the first time in the Metroid series, Samus’ ship will be used in active game play.

bruin on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    august is nice but

y'know

I wouldn't mind having some games to play, uh

now

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    august is nice but

y'know

now

Be honest with yourself; will you be even close to done with pokemon by August? Seriously?

Nintendo is doing all of us a favor.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Edit - so beaten
    Format: Wiiâ„¢
    Accessories: Wii Remote and Nunchukâ„¢ controllers
    Game Information

KEY INFORMATION

I don't think that completely rules out online multiplayer. I mean, technically Metroid Prime: Hunters is 1 player.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    3. Travel from planet to planet, not to fetch things, but to hunt down and destroy them.

needs more Sardough Jack

LewieP on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So when exactly is this big media day? Is it happening today?

Jimothy on
  • Options
    Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Today and tomorrow.

It's going on right now :0

Anime Owns on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well how come no one seems to be covering it? I can't find anything on it for the life of me.

I guess I was expecting an E3-type release of info and new game reveals.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

The most important parts of that fact sheet:

1. Run while shooting

2. Control the Gunship

So Samus finally starts acting like a bounty hunter?

Renzo on
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    august is nice but

y'know

now

Be honest with yourself; will you be even close to done with pokemon by August? Seriously?

Nintendo is doing all of us a favor.

No doubt. With this week's Virtual Console releases, I'm gonna need at least until August to work through those and the rest of my backlog. Thank-you Nintendo for allowing me to actually play the games you release!;-)

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Well how come no one seems to be covering it? I can't find anything on it for the life of me.

I guess I was expecting an E3-type release of info and new game reveals.

Yeah, where is all the media at?

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Doronron wrote: »
    On the fence about RE4
    By this do you mean, "I already own it on the PS2 or GameCube and don't know if I want to re-buy it"

Or "I'm a moron who doesn't want to play one of the best games ever made"

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Right, then Lunker said he thought Metroid Prime 3 is going to have online multiplayer.
    And I'm quite surprised (although relieved) it isn't there! :) A lot of people thought the delay was specifically to add in online multi, but in a way I'm glad it doesn't have it -- I'd rather they use the Hunters franchise to make a FPS-specific spinoff for the Wii while keeping the Prime series focus on exploration.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    August sounds just right to me. Gives me some time to finish up a few other games, and enjoy the summer. Also, by then maybe Wii sales will start to slump a bit, which means MP3 will be a nice shot in the arm. Give it a few months, then Brawl, another few months, Galaxy, and you've got one happy gamer. Not to mention it's nice seeing some of the third parties pushing games out, after the initial suprise success.

I'll be damned if Nintendo isn't winning back my love this gen, in a big way.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Lunker wrote: »

And I'm quite surprised (although relieved) it isn't there! :) A lot of people thought the delay was specifically to add in online multi, but in a way I'm glad it doesn't have it -- I'd rather they use the Hunters franchise to make a FPS-specific spinoff for the Wii while keeping the Prime series focus on exploration.
    To be honest, while I wanted it primarily for the SP I'm still quite saddened that MP was cut..

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well, even if the event is going on right now, it's possible it's embargoed. That may be why we're getting no infos right now.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    how he nicks 'em!

Oh! this cursed Ograbme!

Guek on
  • Options
    DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    On the fence about RE4
    By this do you mean, "I already own it on the PS2 or GameCube and don't know if I want to re-buy it"

How's about a nice bit of "fuck you"? People are allowed to have different tastes in their choice of games, dipshit.

Doronron on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    On the fence about RE4

How's about a nice bit of "fuck you"? People are allowed to have different tastes in their choice of games, dipshit.

good ol' target

Guek on
  • Options
    DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Target needs to grow up and realize the universe doesn't revolve around him.

Doronron on
  • Options
    SpazMuffinSpazMuffin Hey Cut it outRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Guek wrote: »
    how he nicks 'em!

Oh! this cursed Ograbme!
    Turtles++
    :^:

SpazMuffin on
    Cosgrove_Face_Sig.jpg