Options

Street Fighter: Oh no! [Main] is the worst now! I'm switching to [buffed alt]!

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    well

ranbat was pretty shitty

got to play about five matches, on a shitty ps3 stick, so dashes didn't work and combos didn't come out

didn't win a single ranbat match because of it, even against sloppy players

honestly made me lose interest in the game, to some extent

Why would they host a ranbat with shitty equipment?

chamberlain on
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    well

ranbat was pretty shitty

got to play about five matches, on a shitty ps3 stick, so dashes didn't work and combos didn't come out

didn't win a single ranbat match because of it, even against sloppy players

honestly made me lose interest in the game, to some extent

Sorry to hear that EM. Did they not let you use your own stuff at all?

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    there were three tvs, i just didn't get a chance to play on the 360s, and i ended up with a stick that dropped inputs once, and then another that was a weird american layout with a really stiff stick

and of course if you lose the first two, the rest of the night is pretty goddamn boring

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DaSniper91 wrote: »
    Yeah 1 only worked once before he stopped chucking fireballs.

He would get a lifelead and then just downback in the corner and SRK all my overhead attempts.

Try some things:

- jump and throw a kunai at him at an angle that he can't cancel with a fireball. That will force him to react in some way. Observe how he reacts. While there is recovery on landing, if you angle and time it right, you will be safe if he blocks it and gain positioning.

- walk forwards and see what he does. See how close you can get to him before he feels the need to push buttons. Once you've got a sense for that, wiggle around that range and invite him to press a button. If he does and misses, punish him. If he does nothing, take a step forward and do a low short or a low jab. The goal of that approach would be to take advantage of his delayed response and counter-hit him, rather than baiting a miss and punishing it. Lastly, if he simply doesn't do ANYTHING and lets you walk all the way into range of your low jab, then he's dumb. Low jab, walk forward, low jab, and get close enough to work him. Vary what you do after a blocked low jab to discourage him from doing the same thing over and over again. Is he prone to mashing DP following your blocked attacks? Take advantage of that. Does he just block until you get pushed out? Cancel into forward command dash and throw him or cross him up. If he's pushed far enough to the corner, super jump cancel a blocked normal and try to cross him up.

Surprising things can happen when you are positioned advantageously, but in such a way that your opponent suddenly and unexpectedly has time to think. One of two things will happen: either they mash out their trained/reflexive response anyway, which you are poised to punish, or they take too long to make up their minds and you can impose violence upon them. Successfully repeating a cycle where they feel they have some time to think but get hurt anyway slowly grinds them down mentally, and once done enough will see impaired reactions from them to anything you do. This is much more vicious than simply running successful 50/50 (or whatever ratio) mixups over and over again, because with those, the feeling is that they are losing to a random gamble anyway; here, there is a greater sense that they are simply helpless, not just unfortunate.

l_g on
    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So how do I play against El Fuerte? I can never hit him.

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You want to constantly pressure Elfs. Fuerte's footsies and wake up game are pretty bad.

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You want to constantly pressure Elfs. Fuerte's footsies and wake up game are pretty bad.

He has very little answers against safe jump pressure without U2. I like to mix in throws on his wake up when he has meter but doesn't have ultra. Most Fuerte's will either EX Run (loses) or EX DP (goes through, he loses meter and ends up on the other side of you). Either way, you burn one of his meters.

Just remember to pay attention after your meaty attack in he ex runs into tortilla. You should be able to block/back dash in time.

Or just play Adon, it messes up most Fuerte's timing because of his wake up.

solsovly on
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rose is really good against fuerte too IMO. Godly backdash, EX spiral (punishable but generally avoids anything fuerte does if he takes to the air on your wakeup), and U2 as a "stop fucking hitting buttons" button. Also her standing close mk is unthrowable so it avoids fuerte U2 on wakeup while still having enough time to dash/block/jump if he EX runs into something.

Also if your character has relatively safe armor breakers with good recovery, they make decent options against fuerte on wakeup (without super/ultra anyway). Meaty soul spiral can be made safe and will beat ex run's armor with a counter-hit, avoids and recovers in time for EX DP (his guac's are incredibly hard to punish without option selecting, can't wait for that AE nerf :[) and is neutral with his backdash.

aBlank on
  • Options
    DaSniper91DaSniper91 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    fuerte mirrors are the best

also blank i somehow never notice you invites to streetfight until much later :P

sorry!

DaSniper91 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Valle is an old man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8yQiOZOuLU&feature=player_embedded

I suppose not that old. And like the answer he give for what he doesn't like to see.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I played this 14000BP Abel last night, and just got destroyed. He had these crazy block strings that I was trying to get out of the whole game, but kept getting counterhit, or TT'd when I didn't try to throw a lp out. What can Cody do against this stuff, not having a 3-frame special you can mash out and catch him with?

Kris on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kris wrote: »
    What can Cody do against this stuff

regardless of the situation, the answer to that is usually not much.

block/tech/make good reads/lucky ex zonks

edit: against abel you might just be better off zoning him out as much as possible

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    SakeidoSakeido Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kris wrote: »
    What can Cody do against this stuff

regardless of the situation, the answer to that is usually not much.

block/tech/make good reads/lucky ex zonks

edit: against abel you might just be better off zoning him out as much as possible

Cody's EX Criminal upper is only hit invincible for a few frames, but it is totally throw invincible for the whole thing so its a half-decent up close option. of course on block it is a free F+MK, s.fp combo for Abel.

you want to work your pokes like c.lk, s.mk and s.rh to keep Abel out at all costs. I main Abel and was going to main Cody (until I realized he sucked) and I think the match is 7-3 Abel.. Cody too free on defense for this one and Abel has very good defense vs Cody's weak mixups

Sakeido on
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    solsovly wrote: »
    [...]

Or just play Adon, it messes up most Fuerte's timing because of his wake up.

I agree. Do that.

Its pretty awesome how adon can Dash under alot of shit, especially wake up cross ups when people aren't used to his timing.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Earlier today, I landed walking 720 on four different people. I feel like a baller. 8-)

The more I use it though, the more I see that it really isn't that much of a gimmick. You can "store" the move during a hit confirm or a block string and activate it only if you see the guy still staying put. It's not an all or nothing tool like I previously thought, provided a player has mastered it (which I have not, I still get ex spd or lariat from time to time).

Ranced on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Spent nearly the entire night last night playing Guile against my buddies, had a blast. I felt like I was learning new things the whole time. I've been wanting to play a projectile character and add to my use of normals and fundamentals, but this time with a projectile character.

I learned quite a bit of it from Adon, but it's a very new experience learning it with a projectile.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    See? Guile is fun times!

Kris on
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You know what's great?

When a Ryu abuses wake up Shoryuken the first game and gets destroyed for it. Then he refuses to Shoryuken at all the next round.

It's like I taught a child a lesson.

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Training your opponent is fighting game 101, and one of the most fun things you can do at high level play. It's the essence of mind games. Of course, you have to train them while not getting trained yourself, and while giving the impression that you've got some things figured out when you may not.

It's why a lot of players in a lot of games develop a panic button. Not knowing what to do is scary.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Or just play Gouken and leave EVERYTHING TO THE FLYING DICE OF THE FATES.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Or just play Gouken and leave EVERYTHING TO THE FLYING DICE OF THE FATES.

The counter: 25% of the time, it works all the time.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sesame Street Fighter

Count Akuma, "27! 27 hit combo. Ah, ah, ah!"

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So old.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Here you go, not as old, and spoilered for huge.
    6041.jpg

Dictator wants you.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    work.6424392.1.fc_550x550_white.v3.jpg

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Don't care if it's old

Maybe you will have some fun left in your shriveled robot hearts

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ...gay as a picnic basket.

Bert and Ernie, I mean. Or Ken and Ryu. Maybe all of them.

Anyway, Just Wong seems to be getting the Justin Wong factor back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s02Jc_43Vpg

chamberlain on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Super AE notes posted.

Even more Bison nerfs that I thought there would initially be.

Valiantheart on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Super AE notes posted.

Even more Bison nerfs that I thought there would initially be.

I think this is cause for a parade. Like with floats and everything.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    wow they nerfed light scissor pressure and heavy kick

i wonder if they're going to take away his hat and make him frown all the time.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yikes, Bison just went down a few spots in my book, I needed that lk scissors pressure. :( I'll be too busy with a buffed Dee Jay to mourn though.

T-bolt on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    More push back on short sk, bigger hurt box against bison on his cr.short, 80/110 st.hk, projectile immune super, and charge for ultra 2. Most are light nerfs, one ignorable buff, overall not too bad.

Push back and the more vulnerable cr.short means Bison doesn't get a second rep after the initial scissors unless done naked. Easier to stick something out, but it's not like that's much of an option when Bison has st.hk.

Anyway, it'll weaken his corner pressure a bit too, whatevs.

Ranced on
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Didn't they just nerf Bison already, like about 2 weeks ago?

Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Keep those Bison nerfs coming. :D

Edit: Yeah to T.Hawk buffs. Help the big man get better in 2011!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I want Cammy and Blanka to die horrible, horrible deaths.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dammit...I was looking for a reason to jump back into 4 after all the other games I jumped on...Bison nerfs do not really support this idea.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Masume wrote: »
    Dammit...I was looking for a reason to jump back into 4 after all the other games I jumped on...Bison nerfs do not really support this idea.

Well you know all those major tournaments Twisted Jago and Kim1234 won...oh wait Bison has NEVER won a major tournament.

Still could be worse like Cammy or the initial Sagat nerfs.

Valiantheart on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Masume wrote: »

be like me, wait for mvc3 and forget any other games exist

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ranced wrote: »
    More push back on short sk, bigger hurt box against bison on his cr.short, 80/110 st.hk, projectile immune super, and charge for ultra 2. Most are light nerfs, one ignorable buff, overall not too bad.

Push back and the more vulnerable cr.short means Bison doesn't get a second rep after the initial scissors unless done naked. Easier to stick something out, but it's not like that's much of an option when Bison has st.hk.

Anyway, it'll weaken his corner pressure a bit too, whatevs.

Agreed. The nerfs aren't really anything major. I never really used the follow up scissor kick pressure as much, anyways.

The upgraded damage on Ultra 2 might make it a wash, even. We'll see. That and I think I can reflex Kneepress Nightmare :).

I choose to be optimistic.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    wow they nerfed light scissor pressure and heavy kick

i wonder if they're going to take away his hat and make him frown all the time.

i don't play anymore but

WHOOO!

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png