Options

[Chat]

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Eddy wrote: »
    God, Age of Conan was so effing bad. I'd say that's definitely a game that wasn't worth fifty dollars of anyone's time

Such a criminal waste of a concept.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    God, Age of Conan was so effing bad. I'd say that's definitely a game that wasn't worth fifty dollars of anyone's time

I know. But the game had sooooo much potential. All the previews I read, watched, and listened to just really hyped it up. I wasn't terribly interested in the setting, but I felt that I could get into it.

But the fucked it up so bad. Sooooo bad. I remember launch day was supposed to be one day and it got pushed back. Which pissed me off, cause I took off work so I could play all day launch day with some friends that all decided this game was so awesome we should all get in on it.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Looks like STO will be patching for forever so maybe I won't get to try it tonight :(

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Zandracon wrote: »
    man, some of you people have only heard of poopsocking just now? I guess you're kinda lucky.

The only bad side is if you're on Jeopardy and Not Will Ferrell asks you about obscure gamer hygiene practices

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Yeah I have never considered the monthly fee a big deal, because when I'm playing an MMO that is pretty much all I am playing game-wise

So after the initial purchase it costs about as much as buying one brand new game every four months

That's a pretty good deal to me

that's my perspective on it, yeah.

now if the game is bad, then obviously that is a problem. If Ryadic spent $50 on Conan and didn't get any fun from it, that is something to be pissed about.

but people who are like "I played this game and had fun for only three months. this game is bullshit" just mystify me.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Age of Conan was one of those games where my brother was like "THIS LOOKS AWESOME WE SHOULD GET IT!"

And I was like "Let's wait a bit and see..."

dodged a fucking bullet there

Nocturne on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Senj is on fire today

always

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Senj founded the burning man festival

Eddy on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    when you can snatch the pun from senjutsu's lips

that is when you will know you are ready

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    Senj is on fire today

always

you are terrible at going to bed

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    when you can snatch the pun from senjutsu's lips

that is when you will know you are ready

I like this

Imma quote this

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »

I know. But the game had sooooo much potential. All the previews I read, watched, and listened to just really hyped it up. I wasn't terribly interested in the setting, but I felt that I could get into it.

But the fucked it up so bad. Sooooo bad. I remember launch day was supposed to be one day and it got pushed back. Which pissed me off, cause I took off work so I could play all day launch day with some friends that all decided this game was so awesome we should all get in on it.

Imma let you finish, but AoC was one of the most disappointing AAA titles of all time, of all time!!!!

Eddy on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Yeah I have never considered the monthly fee a big deal, because when I'm playing an MMO that is pretty much all I am playing game-wise

So after the initial purchase it costs about as much as buying one brand new game every four months

now if the game is bad, then obviously that is a problem. If Ryadic spent $50 on Conan and didn't get any fun from it, that is something to be pissed about.

but people who are like "I played this game and had fun for only three months. this game is bullshit" just mystify me.

drop the smokescreen

we all know that mazzy being a gay man in america is what really gets on your nerves

your facade fools no one

Organichu on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I can imagine a scenario where an alien race discovers our planet, and before recycling all living matter for their own ends, they give us one chance to save the human race:

A pun competition

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    jacobkosh wrote:

215551004_FfCPk-L-2.jpg

Eddy on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Of course, to play a decent MMO I would also have to get around to buying a copy of Windows and dual booting my Mac. Which would require both money and effort.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Age of Conan was one of those games where my brother was like "THIS LOOKS AWESOME WE SHOULD GET IT!"

And I was like "Let's wait a bit and see..."

dodged a fucking bullet there

I wish there was a good space combat mmo. I just wanna fly around and blow shit up/get blown up with a few thousand other people flying around. Jumpgate Evolution looked pretty awesome but it looks like vaporware now. : (

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I can imagine a scenario where an alien race discovers our planet, and before recycling all living matter for their own ends, they give us one chance to save the human race:

A pun competition

Stand back guys

I've got this

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Of course, to play a decent MMO I would also have to get around to buying a copy of Windows and dual booting my Mac. Which would require both money and effort.

Not to nudge you one way or the other, but WoW can run off the Mac OS :D

Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

this is really why I'm not down for trying STO

WoW is practically the only MMO with a mac client

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »

A pun competition

Stand back guys

I've got this

don't hold back, man

if you lose, sweet clyde will spit hot fire about all of our mothers

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

A pun competition

Stand back guys

I've got this

Only Senj is man enough to handle the worst puns.

• Options
    edited December 2010

Yeah, that's a good way of looking at it. This was basically my argument for those times I played WoW. It also kept me in the house every night and not out drinking, so you save money that way as well.

But there are other games that I played just as much as WoW that didn't have subscription fees. I played Quake 3, Starcraft, Diablo 2, RtCW Enemy Territory, and LoL (my current game) for a while.

Enemy Territory was free and probably the best free online game I ever played.

LoL is free, too, but I've spent quite a bit of money on it.

I don't feel that the amount of time I spent playing WoW or FFXI wasn't worth the money I put into it. But there are other MMOs I've played that really weren't.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

I think EVE has one too

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I fell asleep at 7pm and woke up at 4am with a bad case of the farts and sore tits. :(

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Eve isn't really a game

it's something more sinister

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I fell asleep at 7pm and woke up at 4am with a bad case of the farts and sore tits. :(

this might end up in my sig, I'll think it over

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

drop the smokescreen

we all know that mazzy being a gay man in america is what really gets on your nerves

your facade fools no one

I just hate him so much, Chu

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »

I think EVE has one too

I wish I had gotten into EVE, but I was put off by becoming a wowhead for 3+ years. Also, is your avatar No.1 from Afro Samurai?

Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Eve isn't really a game

yeah probably

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010

*hides onion husks and forceps*

Organichu on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

That explains the shit eating grin Choco had earlier.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh and my mouth is full of phlegm too.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i can't share this with any real friends or else they would know I am on okcupid.

but

YOU: Congratulations, you scored Venom! You have a well-rounded knowledge of metal, from the technical aspects to the history, to the knowledge of popular bands. So I thought it fitting to place you in Venom

Venom is considered one of the founding fathers of black metal, even though stylistically they are closer to thrash. One of the most influential groups of its time, they forged the way for the Mayhems, Burzums, and a neverending list of bands that either directly continued this band's work or 'borrowed' from the tricks they created. Great job!

(awww yeaaah. that was a 220 question test that was actually seriously well done.)
    Bands for you: All Black Metal

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Yeah, and on top of that, if you're looking for an MMO just to try out, this really isn't a bad place to start.

You can also download the 14 day free trial from Blizzard to see if you enjoy it. Since you seem to just want to try this, this may be sufficient enough.

Or it will become the beginning of your addiction and poopsocking will become an erryday thang for you.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Eve isn't really a game

A really confusing Excel spreadsheet?

• Options
    edited December 2010

I think EVE has one too

I wish I had gotten into EVE, but I was put off by becoming a wowhead for 3+ years. Also, is your avatar No.1 from Afro Samurai?

Nah, it's just some random thing I stole from some art website forever ago. Pretty sure it's from before that show came out.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Eve isn't really a game

A really confusing Excel spreadsheet?

a multiplayer spreadsheet

full of goons

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    and now some black metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmzFVDjVnM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsHAS3aoK5k
    removed for dead guy album cover

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I think EVE has one too

Bob said that she wanted to try an MMO to see what it's like.

Not torture herself with a game that isn't really a game.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.