Options

[Chat]

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ok. Do I want to know what poopsocking is, or should I just forget I ever heard the word?

BobCesca on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Zandracon wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    hey guys

sto is awesome

it engages my nerd circuits in all the right ways

I have heard it was boring and repetitive. might take a look at the demo again

well

mazzy, earlier in this thread, said "It's sort of boring and repetitive. I quit playing after 91 hours."

which, you know

as a guy who mostly plays single-player games, 91 hours sure sounds pretty good to me. I don't really get the metric by which people critique MMOs for not holding their attention ten times as long as any single-player game would ever be expected to.

I spent all of ten bucks on STO. If I play it and have fun for a month, that to me is good value.

I dunno.

I think it's based on the money that is usually invested in an MMO. I buy an MMO for 50 bucks. Play it for 75 hours over the span of 3 months at 15 subscription fee. The first month is free, so that's 30 bucks added onto 50 bucks. 80 bucks for 75 hours of gameplay. Not too bad, but when you think about how much of that is actually play time rather than sitting around waiting. I know sometimes for WoW I would go AFK for hours to go to the store or hang out with friends and I didn't bother logging off cause... well I was lazy.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Ok. Do I want to know what poopsocking is, or should I just forget I ever heard the word?

Hit option 2 so hard it breaks your keyboard.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2010

dedicated MMO players who find an alternative approach to personal hygiene

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

LEAVE! LEAVE BEFORE SOMEONE TELLS YOU!

I made the mistake of asking this question. It was answered...

I hate myself now.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    On a scale of 1 to 5, how much would you say this game makes you want to poop in a sock?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I like Dolly's duets with Porter Waggoner

They did like four albums worth.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    is this why blizzard introduced that rare/unique/epic stocking line

those sick fucks

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    AHAHAHAHA SENJ!

:^:

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    I think it's based on the money that is usually invested in an MMO. I buy an MMO for 50 bucks. Play it for 75 hours over the span of 3 months at 15 subscription fee. The first month is free, so that's 30 bucks added onto 50 bucks. 80 bucks for 75 hours of gameplay. Not too bad, but when you think about how much of that is actually play time rather than sitting around waiting. I know sometimes for WoW I would go AFK for hours to go to the store or hang out with friends and I didn't bother logging off cause... well I was lazy.

I guess I haven't paid full price for an MMO client in like forever

but even so, if you buy it for $50 and get say 40 hours in the first month, even accounting for queues and afk time and so forth that is still hugely more value than paying $60 for Gears of Duty: Reach and its ten hours of gameplay.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    On a scale of 1 to 5, how much would you say this game makes you want to poop in a sock?

can I say six

maybe I should just poop on your form

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

can I say six

maybe I should just poop on your form

How rude

• Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm pooping myself right now, Fred

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    tank lfg heroic vc

require gearscore 2500, 2 empty socks

Variable on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010

but even so, if you buy it for $50 and get say 40 hours in the first month, even accounting for queues and afk time and so forth that is still hugely more value than paying $60 for Gears of Duty: Reach and its ten hours of gameplay.

well, when it comes to those shooters and their sequels, i don't think people are only doing SP nowadays

with so many folks having broadband a lot of people- and not only nerds- are sinking dozens of hours into call of duty, gears, etc

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    lovely.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    god bless dolly parton
    parton-dolly-photo-dolly-parton-6204068.jpg

dolly_parton4.jpg

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    If you take a bio break in my game I will kick you because you are not dedicated enough.

• Options
    edited December 2010
    If you take a bio break in my game I will kick you because you are not dedicated enough.

something something defecated enough

Variable on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    god help you if you only have one sock by your computer

or if you have diarrhea

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I still need to watch Nine to Five.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I shit you not

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Senj

Senj... have my retarded baby

Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

well, when it comes to those shooters and their sequels, i don't think people are only doing SP nowadays

with so many folks having broadband a lot of people- and not only nerds- are sinking dozens of hours into call of duty, gears, etc

that's a good point although in those cases it would be fair to tack on the cost of XBox Live or DLC maps or what have you.

basically though I feel that rating an MMO as a failure because you only play it 2-3 times as much as the average single player game is a really weird gauge, like hating booze because it isn't as instantly addictive as crack cocaine

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010

I shit you not

i don't give a crap about your standards

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh whats this? Wanna stop the raid because 9 hours is too long? THAT IS A FUCKING GKICK!

• Options
    edited December 2010
    I've never played a MMO. I sometimes wonder if this makes me a lesser person.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I paid full price for Age of Conan... I probably got 15 hours out of it. And it wasn't even 15 hours of enjoyment. It was 15 hours of server lag, ganks, horrible graphical glitches.

Then again I played WoW and FFXI for years and got a lot of enjoyment out of it. When you think about how much money I spent between those two games it's insane.

I guess a lot of it depends on the perspective of the gamer and the game you played.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    goin to bed for reals, goodnight everyone

... poopsock

Variable on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have never heard of this sock thing - is it an actual regular thing or just one of those rare events
    that repeated about online gaming along with that guy who was killed for a epic sword or neglectful parents

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Senj is on fire today

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    it is probably worth trying once just to see what the fuss is about

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    God, Age of Conan was so effing bad. I'd say that's definitely a game that wasn't worth fifty dollars of anyone's time

Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

No. MMOs are for people with too much time.

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

I shit you not

i don't give a crap about your standards

Someone needs to flush these pun trees.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah I have never considered the monthly fee a big deal, because when I'm playing an MMO that is pretty much all I am playing game-wise

So after the initial purchase it costs about as much as buying one brand new game every four months

That's a pretty good deal to me

Nocturne on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    man, some of you people have only heard of poopsocking just now? I guess you're kinda lucky.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »
    I have never heard of this sock thing - is it an actual regular thing or just one of those rare events
    that repeated about online gaming along with that guy who was killed for a epic sword or neglectful parents

I really don't think it is much more than a horrible horrible rarity

I'm sure it helps that blizzard discourages it

Senjutsu on
This discussion has been closed.