As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everybody post in the new [STEAM] thread.

• Options
    SvenSven Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dear Harvest

:D

Your the best

Me

Sven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My running list of gaems sine the sale started:

Company of Heroes
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP + SoC
    Dawn of Discovery Gold
    Hegemony: Philip of Macedon
    Killing Floor Bundle
    Indie Heavy Hitters
    AI War: Fleet Command
    Battlefield 2
    Sniper Elite
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
    Defense Grid: The Awakening
    Indie Fright Pack
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition
    Super Meat Boy
    FEAR Complete Pack

For a grand total of $94.39

Just between Dec 20 and today.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Stalker gifting has ended. Gmail tells me I received 12 gift receipts. I hope you all enjoy Stalker!

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I couldn't decide on a game for $5 that I didn't already have, so I decided to use the remaining of my money to gift out 2 copies of Hitman: Blood Money instead. This means at last I have my list of shame!
    Steam Hitlist:

Bought for myself

Zeno Clash
    Farcry 2
    Stalker Pack
    Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days
    Killing Floor "London's Finest" and "Nightfall" character packs
    Mirror's Edge
    Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum
    The Witcher
    Bad Company 2

Gifted to me

Super Meat Boy - Fig-D
    Burnout Paradise - DanWeino
    Eversion - Descendant X
    Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition - Christmas gift from a friend
    Fallout: New Vegas - Christmas gift from some friends
    Hitman: Blood Money - Raiden333

Gifted out

Audiosurf
    Overlord Complete
    Overlord II
    Serious Sam Gold
    Star Wars: Republic Commando
    Super Meat Boy
    The Witcher
    PB Winterbottom
    2 copies of Hitman: Blood Money

With the exception of me missing out on the Flatout: Ultimate Carnage $2 sale I am pretty satisfied with my haul and gifts to people.

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    desc wrote: »
    also I'm actively angry at Grotesque for the horrible writing and the sub-deviantart faux anime headshots for characters while they talk incessantly. Grrr.

I told you guys

Grotesque Tactics is a terrible fucking game

don't buy it

if it were free, it wouldn't be worth it

EM Speaks the truth

I want my $3 back on principle.

Wmain, nwn2 is fun. Plus you've got like three campaigns in there. go for it.

desc on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    WMain00 wrote: »
    I'm tempted to get nwn2 diamond. Someone talk me out of it!

Buy it.
    Seriously. There are some awkward bits, but the OC and MotB contain some of the best writing and storytelling since PS:T.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    GlipherGlipher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    For anyone that hasn't heard/paid any attention to Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, that should be remedied right now.

The art style in itself might deter some, but at least try the demo; it showcases very well what the game has to offer.

Currently on sale for $10 from $20; I'd expect it to go on sale again in the future, but now's as good a time as any to try it since it's the last day of the sale.

A synopsis by Rock, Paper Shotgun for those that are leery.

Glipher on
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nothing on the final recap sale that appeals to me, so I'm finally free! :rotate:

It was my first Steam sale, so I got a little carried away, increasing my Steam library from 8 games to 81:
    [COLOR="Lime"]Alpha Protocol[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Lime"]BioShock[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="lime"]Bully: Scholarship Edition[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
    Europa Universalis III Complete Edition[/COLOR]
    Europe Universalis III: Heir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition
    Europa Universalis: Rome - Vae Victus
    FEAR Complete Pack
    	F.E.A.R
    	F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point
    	F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate
    	F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="lime"]Grand Theft Auto IV[/COLOR]
    Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
    [COLOR="lime"]Half-Life 2
    Half-Life 2: Episode One[/COLOR]
    Half-Life 2: Episode Two
    Hearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III: Semper Fi
    [COLOR="lime"]Hitman: Blood Money[/COLOR]
    IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
    Just Cause 2
    [COLOR="lime"]Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="lime"]Railroad Tycoon 2: Platinum
    Railroad Tycoon 3[/COLOR]
    Receattear: An Item Shop's Tale
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
    [COLOR="lime"]Sid Meier's Pirates
    Silent Hunter III[/COLOR]
    Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific
    [COLOR="lime"]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic[/COLOR]
    THQ Complete Pack
    	Company of Heroes
    	Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
    	Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
    	Frontlines: Fuel of War
    	Full Spectrum Warrior
    	Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers
    	Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights
    	Metro 2033
    	Red Faction
    	Red Faction II
    	[COLOR="lime"]Red Faction: Guerrilla
    	Saints Row 2[/COLOR]
    	Titan Quest
    	Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
    	[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Gold Edition[/COLOR]
    	Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade
    	Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Soulstorm
    	Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault
    	Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
    	Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
    	World of Zoo
    Victoria II
    The Witcher: Enhance Edition

Games in lime I either already had on disc or had finished and games in orange I bought just for the expansions/DLC.

Now to play everything else before the Summer Sale comes!:mrgreen:

cckerberos on
    cckerberos.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    harvest wrote: »
    Stalker gifting has ended. Gmail tells me I received 12 gift receipts. I hope you all enjoy Stalker!

Harvest: Giving the Gift of a Brutal Death in Radiation-Soaked Post-Soviet Hell.

desc on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    DeathPrawn wrote: »
    So I know nothing about Amnesia or Killing Floor, but you chaps seem to be talking about both of them an awful lot. Sell me on them!

Amnesia is a first person perspective adventure game. I've only got a few hours in, but it's very much Gothic Horror in the vein of Lovecraft, Poe and others. And it works. The game makes me sweat. If you like the idea of a truly well done horror game, this is the number one ticket.

Killing Floor is co-op survival against hordes of zombie and mutant bots. Lots of crazy, over the top enemies, and the guns. Oh god the guns. Being that the game is made by the same fanatics who made Red Orchestra, the guns are super well done. Awesome models, fantastic iron sight implementation and intuitive shooting mechanics. Basically a great combination of realism and ridiculous done up in a splatterhouse monster movie style. Fantastic lighting too that reminds me of the great stuff in AvP 2000.

Drake on
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Buy it.

You guys!

*goes to cry somewhere, what with his wallet being property of steam*

I'm just about to pull the trigger. So ready. Just about, no really...

My wallet has a bullhorn and is telling me that it's ok not to jump, and that everything will work out. But I know that PayPal is the rogue agent, and if I don't do this now, the world will never know. Maybe if I aim for that awning, it'll break my fall.

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Welp this thread sold me a Killing Floor bundle. Installing now~

Too many games.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ugh, I need more download speed! But I don't want to go to my office, someone might be there and start complaining about something they 'need' fixed.

Bigity on
  • Options
    John the SkrullJohn the Skrull Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hmmm, I've been getting into a lot of horror stuff lately. Tempted to get amnesia, if it's as good as people say. I'd been hoping to end my steam spending, though. That said, you people do make it sound really good.

John the Skrull on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Bigity wrote: »
    Ugh, I need more download speed! But I don't want to go to my office, someone might be there and start complaining about something they 'need' fixed.

I need more disk space. It's turning into a war on my HDD. The Newell has conquered vast swaths of territory.

I guess I know what my next upgrade is going to be.

Drake on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Buy it.

You guys!

My wallet has a bullhorn and is telling me that it's ok not to jump, and that everything will work out. But I know that PayPal is the rogue agent, and if I don't do this now, the world will never know. Maybe if I aim for that awning, it'll break my fall.

(also, do I want my profile name or account name if I want my steam id in my sig?)

NWN2 is all sorts of fun, and when you get bored with using their classes to make death machines, use the communities!. Works fucking fine, except for the fact it seems lots of classes receive martial proficiency upon level up.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hmmm, I've been getting into a lot of horror stuff lately. Tempted to get amnesia, if it's as good as people say. I'd been hoping to end my steam spending, though. That said, you people do make it sound really good.

Amnesia's like that claustrophobic feeling you get when you are running up the basement stairs. For 6-8 hours.

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Amnesia's like that claustrophobic feeling you get when you are running up the basement stairs. For 6-8 hours.

God that feeling is fucking bullshit. Especially when the only toilet in the house is in the basement, in the middle of the room, with no walls or cover, the only light is directly above the toilet, and the lightswitch is at the top of the stairs, and your only seven years old and your sisters are fucking bitches.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    John the SkrullJohn the Skrull Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Docshifty wrote: »

God that feeling is fucking bullshit. Especially when the only toilet in the house is in the basement, in the middle of the room, with no walls or cover, the only light is directly above the toilet, and the lightswitch is at the top of the stairs, and your only seven years old and your sisters are fucking bitches.

I'm thinking I may do my sanity a favour and leave it. Marble Hornets and EMH already have me looking over my shoulder as I go up the stairs at night, I don't think this will help D:

John the Skrull on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

ha, the sounds worse than the bathroom in Saw.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Help me decide. Killing Floor or Mafia II?
    Or any other game I may not have yet. Bear in mind that I don't usually play multiplayer and I've already completed Mafia 2 on a friends PS3. Tricky!

If there's something awesome that's not a daily deal for around the same price as those, go ahead and let me know. I can't find squat.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I realize I'm a gigantic wuss but I literally cannot comprehend why people would actively seek out those feelings and play games like Amnesia.

The intensity of your Metro 2033/Half Life 2/Stalker games are more than enough for me. Actively seeking to feel shitty is something I seriously cannot understand.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    143999 wrote: »
    143999 wrote: »

You mean the gift you GIVE for winning the contest, or the gift you GET for running it?

Oh, the gift I would give would be a future gift, since I have had the reins pulled on me for this Christmas sale. Actually, I was thinking of running a contest like that anyway...like entries for stories about the worst Christmas gift ever, or something.

I don't see a problem with that, as long as you're a classy fellow about it.

Certainly, sir. Tip o' the cap to ye. There shall even be a (poorly made) gift voucher PDF/JPG for the winner.

INTRODUCING:
    The Minecraft-based Future Steam Sale Enablement Contest
    (presented by 143999, Frem, and RandomHajile)
    Frem wrote:
    Minecraft Art

You say you are a classy gentleman? Indeed? Tut, tut. But do you appreciate art? Do you visit galleries showcasing only the finest of artsyness? Do you create art?

Behold, a contest dedicated to that very purpose. You may have heard of Minecraft.

Step 1: Visit the ancient free version at this link. Pick up thine scalpel and sculpt! (B pulls up the block palette. Right and left click to place or remove blocks.)
    Step 2: Post a single screenshot showcasing your classy work of blocky art. Place a red, and yellow block next to each other somewhere in the image so we know you aren't a degenerate cheater. Winners will be judged based on sheer classiness.

I will judge based, as said, on classiness. Bonus points for a subject I really like. For an idea, see my avatar/nick, or one of the three game threads I have posted in lately (okay, here's a hint, they're the RDR, Fallout, and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood threads). It can be a really basic image. I don't know Minecraft very well, but I can tell something like this isn't difficult (well, depending on your artistic ability/imagination, I suppose).

So, what do you get if you win? (In case you haven't been following the thread...) ONE FUTURE $5 GAME/PACK. To be paid on or after March 1, 2010. BioShock 2 on sale for $5 in July? Hell yes. Hitman Pack for $5 next Christmas sale? Sure thing, dawg. Five games for $1 each? Done.

How do you know I won't go back on my word? Well, you don't! That's what is so crazy about this contest! But really, I won't. Just call in your certificate in a PM. If you forget it, I (hopefully) will not, and during the Christmas Steam sale you shall be reminded.

Contest shall end when I get around to it tomorrow. I'll probably be up around noon Eastern. Don't judge me. It's 3:20 and I'm just now going to bed.

Nobody wants to enter a contest for a free game in the future? No? Is it the Minecraft part? Okay, then. How about you just tell me what game you want to see on sale for $5 in the future that you would request if you won said prize? (I really liked the Minecraft thing, though...)

I would love to win a copy of Minecraft just to see what all the damn fuss is about it, but I have neither the artistic skill nor patience to take part in this contest, I'm sad to say.

I'm also real tempted on NFS:HP, based on Giant Bomb's consistent praise about it, but that price isn't quite cheap enough for me.

I'm also surprised Civ V wasn't on sale, based on similar hype.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nobody wants to enter a contest for a free game in the future? No? Is it the Minecraft part? Okay, then. How about you just tell me what game you want to see on sale for $5 in the future that you would request if you won said prize? (I really liked the Minecraft thing, though...)
    The contest was great, I think it just went a bit unnoticed.
    Also it's not always easy to get the required funding for artistic building even in Minecraft.
    For example look at me, I couldn't finish my last work because I ran out of money and this is all I got:

:mrgreen:
    image3dv.jpg

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Or any other game I may not have yet. Bear in mind that I don't usually play multiplayer and I've already completed Mafia 2 on a friends PS3. Tricky!

If there's something awesome that's not a daily deal for around the same price as those, go ahead and let me know. I can't find squat.

I was going to suggest Killing Floor until you mentioned that you don't usually play multiplayer. Solo mode in Killing Floor is horribly unbalanced against the player in a not-fun way.

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I realize I'm a gigantic wuss but I literally cannot comprehend why people would actively seek out those feelings and play games like Amnesia.

The intensity of your Metro 2033/Half Life 2/Stalker games are more than enough for me. Actively seeking to feel shitty is something I seriously cannot understand.

I honestly couldn't explain it, the feeling of "ohfuckohfuckohfuckohfuck" that I constantly felt during the first few hours of the Suffering (and the first half of that game was fucked, let me tell you) was not fun, but looking back it was a blast.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    Joe ChemoJoe Chemo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Harvest is a scholar and a gentleman. Thanks for the Stalker pack!

Joe Chemo on
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Buy it.

You guys!

(also, do I want my profile name or account name if I want my steam id in my sig?)

NWN2 is all sorts of fun, and when you get bored with using their classes to make death machines, use the communities!. Works fucking fine, except for the fact it seems lots of classes receive martial proficiency upon level up.

Someone mentioned nwn2 diamond, but the steam version is platinum? Am i missing something?

Also, steam mentions 2 expansions, but the wikipedia entry reports an additional adventure module; is that free to download, or will come packed in?

Btw, WMain00, you should share your steam profile.

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Civ V was a one-day, 25% off sale.

Whee.

If you're a generation behind on Civ games, though, Civ IV Complete is 74% off.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Buy it.

You guys!

Someone mentioned nwn2 diamond, but the steam version is platinum? Am i missing something?

Also, steam mentions 2 expansions, but the wikipedia entry reports an additional adventure module; is that free to download, or will come packed in?

The Steam version comes with all expansions. What wikipedia mentions is Mysteries of Westgate, a developer created module, essentially. Like the stuff the community is making, but with production value (Note:not always better, though I haven't played it so I can't attest to its content).

Docshifty on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Harvest is a gentalman and a scholar.
    He's amazing in bed too, at least thats what my girlfriend told me. But I'm ok with it, its an honor.

Shade on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Lawndart wrote: »

Whee.

I can vouch for Civ 4, it was a heck of a lot of fun. I need to check out the reviews for 5, but the previews I saw really got me interested.

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011

There isn't much to KF single player, Isy. It's the exact same as online only by yourself. The fun comes from the co-op. There's a few of us who've been playing lately and honestly the pub scene hasn't been bad. It doesn't take long to get matches going and you can come and go easily from games. It isn't like L4D where you feel like you are breaking up the band if you leave in the middle of a campaign. If a server sucks, it's easy enough to migrate to a new one.

Drake on
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    NWN2 is still tempting, but I've already got it save for Storm of Zehir, and I still can't justify the STALKER bundle until I finish SoC.

Only thing left for me is deciding between Starscape and Republic Commando, but quite honestly, I'm leaning toward neither.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Lawndart wrote: »

Whee.

I can vouch for Civ 4, it was a heck of a lot of fun. I need to check out the reviews for 5, but the previews I saw really got me interested.

Civ 5 really fell to the wayside for me.

Not for anything about the game exactly. The changes they made were great. Its just the multi was impossible to play and the AI was horrendous at using one unit per tile and positioning to take advantage of special abilities/negate weakness (Their army consists of faceless henchmen and you're fielding Rambos, the casualty rate is so one sided). A recent patch addressed this, but with so many games, I haven't gotten the time to really test it to see if it is fixed.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Drake wrote: »

There isn't much to KF single player, Isy. It's the exact same as online only by yourself. The fun comes from the co-op. There's a few of us who've been playing lately and honestly the pub scene hasn't been bad. It doesn't take long to get matches going and you can come and go easily from games. It isn't like L4D where you feel like you are breaking up the band if you leave in the middle of a campaign. If a server sucks, it's easy enough to migrate to a new one.

I just saw that the price is for the bundle, not the game on its own. I don't really need to the character packs right?

edit: Iolo just made my decision easier! Thanks man! <3

I'm only +10 on the gifts now, I'm losing my foothold D:

Big Classy on
  • Options
    DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Holy shit. CheesecakeRecipe is one classy gent! I minimized ME2 to check out today's sales, only to find a gift of one Hitman motherfucking Blood Money had been gifted to me by the classiest of classy gents! Thanks, dude! Was so bummed I had missed the sale on it New Year's Eve!

Dourin on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Buy it.

You guys!

My profile is here:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969512710

Added it to my sig as well now.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    SajemSajem Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Amnesia deal used to give you an additional % off if you owned Penumbra, but it looks like that's not the case now? Dang.

I've already spent quite a lot on this holiday sale, so I don't know why I'm worrying about $1.80 at this point, but there ya go.

Sajem on
  • Options
    BathTubbBathTubb Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Are the Kane and Lynch 2 DLC worth it?

BathTubb on
    Steam-BathTubb Xbox Live - Bathtubb
This discussion has been closed.