Options

A Modest Pile of [CHAT]

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ND wrote:
    Hey there Bullshit Artist! You need to work on your fat ass. Draw from a well of discontent, and do some murder/suicide drawings! A slab of marble is the best brand for drawing tablets, but you should probably just use a hammer, chisel and your ugly fucking face for now.

Look it works for trolls too.

Mustang on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oooo, like MadLibs?

Hey there ______ Artist! You need to work on _______. Draw from ______, and do some ______ drawings! ______ is the best brand for drawing tablets, but you should probably just use a _______ and ______ for now.

Copy x 1000

Ooh yeah, I totally see what you mean about _________(fundamental drawing discipline). I'm going to start working on ___________(technique for practicing fundamental art discipline) next ____________(vague but relatively soon time table), but first I need finish up ________(some kind of education, project, or occupation) because it is just sapping all of my time. But that hasn't stopped me from immediately ordering that tablet, the _________(drawing implement) and the ______(material for receiving drawing marks) from Amazon, as well as _________(well known book that will gather dust on the floor of my bedroom)! In the mean time, here is more of exactly the same __________(shit)!

Thanks for wasting your time!

Fugitive on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    We, collectively as a forum, got this.

[edit] Also, Bacon, I was teehee-ing to myself, knowing somebody was going to do that. Thanks for not lettin' me down!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    As someone who grew up in southern california I don't feel sorry for children who are deprived of snow days at all.

rts on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yes but according to television your childhood was an idealistic paradise and nothing bad ever happened to you that couldn't be resolved in a 30 minute timeslot.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    That is actually pretty close to true. The closest thing we had to snow days was earthquake days. Of which I can only remember one earthquake that was bad enough they didn't have school the next day.

rts on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I don't think I ever got a full day off due to natural disaster or significant weather event.
    Though my childhood was pretty rocking too, so I'm not going to complain about anything.

Mustang on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited January 2011

[edit] Also, Bacon, I was teehee-ing to myself, knowing somebody was going to do that. Thanks for not lettin' me down!

No, thank you!

I think "Draw from butts, and do some butt drawings!" may be my new favorite sentence.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    you sound like fletcher, bacon

lamenting not selecting the quickformat option on the new tb drive :(

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    He that hath smelt it, shall have indeed sallied forth to his smithy and made pungent dealings with him

ninjai on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    @MadLibs: Thanks guys, I made myself look like an idiot trying not to laugh there. :P

Flay on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Iruka you should add your blog to theillustrationboard!

rts on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    To what section?

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    There is a blog section here. I made a tutorial on how to add your blog using the rss feed here. Let me know if you have any trouble.

rts on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Added it!

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Excellent thank you.

rts on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Just rescued an entire train carriage from a cicada. What's everyone's deal with bugs, I think they're neat.

On the other hand, if you're looking for some space on a crowded train that's one way to get it.

Flay on
  • Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I can see why insomnia is all the rage, you can actually get shit done when you aren't wasting those hours away sleeping!

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Flay wrote: »
    Just rescued an entire train carriage from a cicada. What's everyone's deal with bugs, I think they're neat.

I agree I chose the praying mantis for a project this quarter and this one girl is grossed out by everything that isn't a kitty-cat.

Now all of a sudden I'm "the bug guy" in the studio. -_-;

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Im terrified of bugs, but I still think they look cool and draw them. I wont fucking touch any though.

My friends make fun of me because I will swat away butterflies.

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hey those motherfuckers cause hurricanes I hear, fucking put them in their place.

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The woman next to me actually gasped when I decided to pick the little guy up. I have no idea how it could've ended up on my bag when I'd been in an office building all day. Must've landed on me while I was walking to the station.

EDIT: I can see how butterflies can be freaky, especially if they get up in your face, since they fly around pretty erratically.

Flay on
  • Options
    ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    FleshgodApocalypseAlbum-e1269633874271.jpg

I thought this was super badass and wanted to share it with you. Didn't know where else to post it within the rules of the forums.

So cool....

ninjai on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    Flay wrote: »
    The woman next to me actually gasped when I decided to pick the little guy up. I have no idea how it could've ended up on my bag when I'd been in an office building all day. Must've landed on me while I was walking to the station.

EDIT: I can see how butterflies can be freaky, especially if they get up in your face, since they fly around pretty erratically.

Moths creep me out, but I'm ok with butterflies. I guess cause they don't tend to come inside.

I'm kind of inured to most insects, though, since I work in neurobiology. Had one office which was covered in locust corpses, and another one where you had to dodge dead dragonflies hanging off fishing lines every time you went through the door.

tynic on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Tynic, I hope you say, when appropriate:

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't think I've ever said that.

I do try and encourage people to greet me with "Hi, Dr Nic!" It's surprisingly unsuccessful.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Aw man, people are totally wasting your job potential.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I hate bugs. But as a man, it is my social duty to kill them. When ever I'm asked, I always tell the bug "It's nothing personal, but I'm here to kill you" I'm expecting that in a twist of fate, one day I'll be set up by a vengeful offspring... in the end, he'll say those words to me.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    For some reason, I pictured your wife doing things like that, MT. But I also pictured your wife carrying you across the threshold.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They're bugs, guys

Fugitive on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Fugitive wrote: »
    They're bugs, guys

I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill 'em all!

NibCrom on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I only have problems with bugs that sting, bite, suck my blood, carry disease, or do otherwise unpleasant things to me.

Butterflies are pretty cool.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    NibCrom wrote: »
    For some reason, I pictured your wife doing things like that, MT. But I also pictured your wife carrying you across the threshold.

My wife is considerably tougher than me. If a fist-fight ever broke out between us, I'm sure she could easily beat me. "SHINKUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuu...."

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well, I went and ordered that book. I've been reading a lot of online articles, too. The ones about the effects or hormone replacement and female sexuality were particularly fascinating (speaking scientifically), while others were troubling. This is going to be tough, financially. Tens of thousands of dollars.

I have a hard enough time supporting myself and maintaining a proper place to live; saving that kind of cash to plunk down on therapy and surgical procedures and hormones is going to be a monumental task for me. I suppose the good news it that some of the larger steps are possibly identifiable as "medically necessary", in particular the reassignment surgery since I actually have to have girl parts in order for my ID cards to legally identify me as a woman.

Maybe I should talk to a therapist and try to sort out why I'm so...the way I am. I tend toward laziness and inactivity in all but the most dire situations, and I'm not very good at forming personal connections with people. I think this is why it's so hard for me to find employment. I often come off as apathetic or unremarkable, and it's generally hard for me to make any impression at all on somebody, let alone a good one. When trying to find even a basic job (such as at Walmart or a comparable position), I have this strange fear that I will not live up to the standards of the employer and will ultimately be fired (even though every job I've held in my adult life has basically panned out the opposite way). This fear often prevents me from even making a followup call. I've gotten much better at this, and at talking to people in general, but it still causes some degree of awkwardness in the conversations I have with potential employers. For instance, we'll use the example of Walmart again. They use an online application process. At the end of their evaluation, after you've given all your information, they point out "Thanks for applying - don't call us, we'll call you."

Since I know that the store in question probably has 1000+ applications currently on file, if I want to get on it's probably a good idea to make sure the guy doing the hiring knows my name and has at the very least had a pleasant conversation with me. So I'm left with very few options: I can either hunt down the phone number and call them anyway, which may get my application tossed altogether...or...something else...

Basically when it comes to finding work and dealing with people, I am retarded. A lack of self confidence, probably - which is a big motivator in starting this transition in the first place.

I believe this is what they call a catch 22.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION!

What is that online comic about a guy (who is seemingly innocent) and his friends and they play this game where they catch frogs, and then there's a flashback of the guy as a kid and he's adorable and awkward with out any friends. I MUST KNOW. I totally forgot the name, and I've been trying to find it for the past hour.

It would be even better if someone could link me to the flash they made where the kid is walking all happy to the song "New Soul".

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    That is called Boxer Hockey. It is a good comic.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    THANK YOU. You are awesome <3

Edit: YAY!

http://boxerhockey.fireball20xl.com/stuff/141.html

That animated comic ALWAYS brings a smile to my face.

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yeah Boxer Hockey by Tyson Hesse.

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Snow! :o

snow.jpg

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    Isn't this supposed to be locked up now?

Grifter on
This discussion has been closed.