As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The old Fox Animation thread: time for a new one.

1565758596062»

• Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    American Dad still dominates, but the Simpson's does seem to be getting better. I didn't hate this episode and I actually liked the last episode. Family Guy is just in a downward spiral which is saying something, considering where it started.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Snot: "Who cares what kind of pizza we're gonna get?! Barry's just gonna eat it all himself!"
    Barry: "Stop throwing factual statements at me as if they're insults!"

Snot: "LEARN! ENGLISH!"
    Toshi: "EAT...MY...BOWLS!"

Roger: "As soon as they say my name I want you to pound that bottle of chardonnay so you can work up the courage to get me some cocaine. I'm gonna want to party later."

Ronnie: "But first I suggest you all turn around so you can see Steve's mom undressing. Mmm...look at dem tig ol' bitties."

Roger: "THIS IS SPARTA!"
    Stan: "THIS IS SPARTA!"
    Roger: "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "The all is lost moment!"

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    BTW, uhh, what exactly were Steve and his friends trying to do in the tree house?

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    lemme put it this way

their underwear should have been off

Joolander on
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    According to Entertainment Weekly, next episode's Cleveland Show features Justin Timberlake in two roles, 1) a gay man who gets into a relationship with Terry (apparently he's been gay the whole time!), and 2) a singing booger.

Erm, yay?

Hmm..Timberlake got on the wrong McFarlene train. All the cool kids are the AD bus.

Anyway, I like coming here to see all the reviews if I missed the Sunday line up. You guys are dedicated to the craft of forum posting and TV cartoon watching. I like it.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    According to Entertainment Weekly, next episode's Cleveland Show features Justin Timberlake in two roles, 1) a gay man who gets into a relationship with Terry (apparently he's been gay the whole time!), and 2) a singing booger.

Erm, yay?

Hmm..Timberlake got on the wrong McFarlene train. All the cool kids are the AD bus.

Maybe he didn't want to wreck AD by bringing the entire show to a screeching halt as guest star appearances often do, so that the guest star's presence can be drilled into the viewer's head. Timberlake chose instead to possibly derail an inferior show in order to preserve the flow of AD.

Kudos, Justin, for your self-sacrifice.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »

Steve: "How's that general psychology class going for you?"
    Hayley: "It's only day three, but I understand how the whole world works now."

That was one of the best lines I've heard from any show all season.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »

Steve: "How's that general psychology class going for you?"
    Hayley: "It's only day three, but I understand how the whole world works now."

That was one of the best lines I've heard from any show all season.

Having taken a university psych course, it's very true to life.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I thought the simpsons was pretty good. I'm not crazy about Moe but I enjoyed the line about the battle of the blue and grey, and he's gaybraham lincoln.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    RanadielRanadiel Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    On that note, Springfield women are fucking harpies and I was hoping to see Marge kick some ass in this ep.

Having said that, since the Simpsons has gone out of their way to try and establish Marge as a sex symbol, do you ever think that we'll see her lose the trademark bee-hive and go with something more modern or sexy? I can't imagine that any amount of shark-jumping is beyond their reach at this point.

Ranadiel on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    BubbaT wrote: »

Erm, yay?

Maybe he didn't want to wreck AD by bringing the entire show to a screeching halt as guest star appearances often do, so that the guest star's presence can be drilled into the viewer's head. Timberlake chose instead to possibly derail an inferior show in order to preserve the flow of AD.

Forest Whitaker owns whenever he's on the show though.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    BubbaT wrote: »

Erm, yay?

Forest Whitaker owns whenever he's on the show though.

Also really enjoyed Hector Elizando this season on AD.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I actually laughed at something in the Simpsons. That hasn't happened in a few years, I think.

Homer wasn't pants-on-head-retarded, Bart wasn't spoiled-for-the-sake-of-being-spoiled and Lisa wasn't a smarmy soapbox preacher. I believe this had something to do with it. Also female Moe preparing to hang herself is probably one of the darkest things on the show in a long time.

AD still rules the block, though.

President Rex on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I actually laughed at something in the Simpsons. That hasn't happened in a few years, I think.

Homer wasn't pants-on-head-retarded, Bart wasn't spoiled-for-the-sake-of-being-spoiled and Lisa wasn't a smarmy soapbox preacher. I believe this had something to do with it. Also female Moe preparing to hang herself is probably one of the darkest things on the show in a long time.

The darkest thinking in a long time? Did you not see the Banksy opening they did a few months back?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sentry wrote: »

The darkest thinking in a long time? Did you not see the Banksy opening they did a few months back?

Yeah, that's pretty much the darkest thing they've ever shown.

I also dug this episode, even if they do seem to be doing a lot with Moe lately.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    As the show goes on there is more emphasis on Hank Azaria characters and his voice than Harry Shearer ones.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Did anyone catch the name of Marge's salon? Pretty clever.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293