Options

[League of Legends]Why did Riot servers go down for ten hours on patch day? For rest.

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    hmm so i'm trying out teemo, what's a good build for him?

M.D. on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pillar of filth has seriously wrecked some team fights when I play.

I well placed one is killer.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I'm still trying to figure out the best time and placement for it. Do you wait until the end to catch runners, or do you dump into the middle and separate the enemy team?

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Be a douche.

Stack AP.

Mushroomin' e'ry day.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »

I'm still trying to figure out the best time and placement for it. Do you wait until the end to catch runners, or do you dump into the middle and separate the enemy team?

I guess it depends.

I've seen it block a teams escape pretty well, and late game when fights are around the 2nd tower that's really easy to do.

If you open with it it would be to separate the ranged from the melee for a second or two so you can blow them up.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    OremLK wrote: »
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Trundle is quickly becoming my main. I have been playing him quite a bit and after this video I focused on the rune page he suggested with AS blues. I also use the same masteries. I am probably doing something wrong because I cannot keep my health up like him, However I am level 6 around the 7 minute mark and backing to finish wriggles. This is easily the most impressive jungler ever. He starts with vampiric scepter which means he does WASTE gold on pots like other junglers. WW is nowhere near this impressive, and people say he is the best jungler.

Plus the thing about that path is you can pretty much grab red whenever (instead of as late as he does) and gank a lane if needed without having to back. Just ganks should happen after level 4, so you have pillar. Ideally you want to gank after 6 so you have your ultimate. Throwing your ultimate on an Ashe that has pushed the middle lane means she dies nearly instantly.

Trundle's jungling speed and sustainability is impressive in this video, but Warwick is actually just as fast and almost as healthy with Boots of Speed or a Long Sword start using the same route, although either way you're wasting money on pots.

My main issues with Trundle are that one, his ganks aren't all that scary, and two, I'm still not sure what he actually does for his team late game. I mean I get that he's kind of a tanky DPS but I still haven't seen a Trundle which I felt actually carried his team. I've been a Warwick who carried my team many, many times.
    newbitmapimage16.png

This is easily my best game as Trundle. 16/6/19 with 7 buildings destroyed. I pretty much did carry my team. It also helps that I was on a team with awesome players, but Trundle surely can carry a team.

End game his ult will make focusing the tank not as bad. Still, don't do it, but if they are throw the ult down and it dies pretty fast. That happened to that Malphite quite a bit after he ulted in. Then you just run around the team fight, Qing their carries, this game was Ashe and Xin. This hinders their damage output.

If you have played with a Trundle that DOESN'T do these things end game then 1 of 2 things happened. He was focused a lot and prevented from getting the necessary items to make him a threat or he is just a bad Trundle.

Trundle isn't an easy champ to play. When I first played him I just died and couldn't really do much. He is tricky to find a good build on him. But my core build is always Wriggles, Merc Treads, and Frozen Mallet. From there I either go into DPS or tank. This game I did DPS because we had Shen tanking. But I could easily get Banshees, FoN, Thornmail to become a tank. Not a great tank, but good enough. And with my Q, I'm still able to put out a steady stream of damage.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    also how do you play akali tell me your secrets

Rent I love you but playing akali well is a dick thing to do.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Rent I love you but playing akali well is a dick thing to do.

He's already learned this. He just played 2 games with us and was already dicking it up.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Rent I love you but playing akali well is a di-

TWILIGHT SHROUD

MARK OF THE ASSASSIN

CRESCENT SLASH

MARK OF THE ASSASSIN AGAIN

SHADOW DANCE SHADOW DANCE SHADOW DANCE

OH YOU'RE RUNNING? MARK OF THE ASSASSIN THIRD TIME AS YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY. YOU'RE DEAD. 2 MORE STACKS ON MY MEJAI'S

Rent on
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mejai's on akali... no. just no...
    nobody needs additional incentive to focus you.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    if you arent playing snowball akali you arent living life on the edge

and life aint worth living in the butt dip of a chair

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    truer words, undies

truer words

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    life aint worth living in the butt dip of a chair

it's called "The Zone"
    and it's where people win games. :P

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    my first two games with akali I ended the game with 7 and 9 stacks on my mejai's, respectively

soooo

mejai's works for me

I'm usually hesitant about snowball items on champs but hey it's working so whatev's

Rent on
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    my first two games with akali I ended the game with 7 and 9 stacks on my mejai's, respectively

soooo

mejai's works for me

I'm usually hesitant about snowball items on champs but hey it's working so whatev's

It delays her Rylais too much to be of any use early, and getting it after Rylais is right around the point where focus fire from 2 champs is enough to take you out.

I never get it on her, especially with the new Deathcap being a more efficient item.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    my major gripe with mejai's on akali is just that it's an extra thousand gold between you and rylai's... which is where the screaming and cries of "so OP" begin.

Edit: beat'd!

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Rent I love you but playing akali well is a di-

TWILIGHT SHROUD

MARK OF THE ASSASSIN

CRESCENT SLASH

MARK OF THE ASSASSIN AGAIN

SHADOW DANCE SHADOW DANCE SHADOW DANCE

OH YOU'RE RUNNING? MARK OF THE ASSASSIN THIRD TIME AS YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY. YOU'RE DEAD. 2 MORE STACKS ON MY MEJAI'S

That's why you get bd'd by tf.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    BatmantisBatmantis Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I've been doing well with a tanky teemo. 9/21/0. I get heart of gold pretty early. Then rylais/banshee. Nashors+Madreds for more damage. +as boots.

You don't start that fast but later you are a boss. I started the last game 0/1/0, but later on I was 10/1/8 and carrying.

Batmantis on
    Play with me people!
    LOL: Batmantis
    MTGO: Batmantis88
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I wouldn't dare get majai's when I play akali, I play way too reckless......and thats how she should be played yo.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My games tonight have been horribly hilarious.

Just got out of a game where I'm Singed bot lane with Teemo who buys a tome first so he's pretty beefy to begin with. Then we have to lane against Taric/Ryze so it's fun being zoned out. Then Udyr comes down to "gank" and by gank I mean run into them and instantly die. Then Taric has red/blue and they just dive Teemo and I. Then Malz dies and quits and then it just snowballs into one horrible trainwreck of the worst game I've seen since I started playing.

It was frustrating at first but hilarious by the end.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What might be a good champion for me if I tend to play recklessly? Like, I tend to stay in fights or near an enemy tower far past my welcome, or roam their jungle when two or three of them are missing. Do any champions cater to those sort of novice mistakes in any way?

vv (edit) Is this shit infractable yet? :|

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    l2p.
    Edit: hah.
    sorry. :P

But when you roll up and ask "I don't feel like playing the game the right way. I know what my mistakes are and how I could correct them but I don't want to. Is there a champion for me?!" there can be only one answer.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mundo, Singed and Udyr all come to mind when it comes to champions that live longer than they have any right to.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ledneh wrote: »
    What might be a good champion for me if I tend to play recklessly? Like, I tend to stay in fights or near an enemy tower far past my welcome, or roam their jungle when two or three of them are missing. Do any champions cater to those sort of novice mistakes in any way?

SINGED.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Somebody--somebody first picked my Trist

I was sad

Then I picked Warwick and we beat them 20-8 because Warwick just wins games

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Singed. As a friend likes to say you play him on a "knife's edge"

Although generally I wouldn't say that picking up a champion to take advantage of bad habits is a good thing you may have fun with him.

Generally though you would probably be better off in the long run to rid yourself of those habits. Staying "too long" is a bad thing which will simply feed your enemy. Staying when you know you can get the kill or because you know the enemies limitations and that you can get away if necessary, that is skill.

Using your low hp to bait the enemy into making mistakes and overextending is even more skillful.

There are a few champs that can work for you, but you won't get better by being reckless persay, you will get better by playing conservatively and knowing when you can afford to be reckeless eventually

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Singed
    Mundo
    Tanky Udyr

But when you roll up and ask "I don't feel like playing the game the right way. I know what my mistakes are and how I could correct them but I don't want to. Is there a champion for me?!" there can be only one answer.

You mean a helpful answer that lists some champs who are pretty hard to kill?

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Here is how I play Warwick. I use his midgame strength to instill terror in my opponents. They get ganked by him and die to him in skirmishes just from his high base damage and the strength of his Q and ultimate.

Then I build tanky.

They see "Oh, Warwick is on a killing spree, Warwick is dominating, focus that fucker!"

Oops sorry I have a Guardian Angel. If everything goes right, that means you're getting focused hard in the first big 5v5 teamfight (probably over Baron) and your GA pops--after far longer than the enemy team would like--while your allies kill them all. You rez and do the Baron or push in an inhibitor or whatever and just win the game.

So much stronger than a vanilla "rush BR" Warwick, who simply dies instantly in the first big teamfight and his team proceeds to lose the fight.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I've been seeing some people seriously outlast their welcome with the wriggles+bloodthirster combo.
    They just get the kill, heal up to full on whatever minions are around, get the next kill, etc

Regi sat in an enemy base that way for at least ten minutes, last night.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    Vlad vs Morde seems like an impossible match up in solo ranked. He just out harasses so hard and out bursts vlad, and he has DoTs, he is THE counter to vlad it seems like. I don't know how to stop Morde at all, he killed me once in lane, tower dove me, then took the tower...after my first death he just took it.

He is the perfect pubstomper, I should probably play him to about 1300. He wins by pushing so hard and then tower diving, that is all he can do, and the useless junglers don't gank him because they are too busy trying to figure out how to jungle. Seriously, I got into an argument with our jungle fiddle, he blamed me for letting the tower fall when he was jungling right next to it, he said I have to let him know the lane needs help...I was dead.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Vlad vs Morde seems like an impossible match up in solo ranked. He just out harasses so hard and out bursts vlad, and he has DoTs, he is THE counter to vlad it seems like. I don't know how to stop Morde at all, he killed me once in lane, tower dove me, then took the tower...after my first death he just took it.

He is the perfect pubstomper, I should probably play him to about 1300. He wins by pushing so hard and then tower diving, that is all he can do, and the useless junglers don't gank him because they are too busy trying to figure out how to jungle. Seriously, I got into an argument with our jungle fiddle, he blamed me for letting the tower fall when he was jungling right next to it, he said I have to let him know the lane needs help...I was dead.

Actually as Morde I find Vlad to be one of my toughest matchups. O_o

Vlad, Anivia, Katarina, and Zilean. Screw all of them. Anyone else I can take pretty well as Morde. Although I haven't gone against a Caitlyn. That would be interesting.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    I've been seeing some people seriously outlast their welcome with the wriggles+bloodthirster combo.
    They just get the kill, heal up to full on whatever minions are around, get the next kill, etc

Regi sat in an enemy base that way for at least ten minutes, last night.

Yeah, I think lifesteal might be a somewhat underrated mechanic in this game. People tend to prefer straight tank items for survivability, to outlast the burst damage of teamfights, but sustainability is important too--so much of this game is about time management. If you have to go back because you're low on health you just wasted, what, a full minute you could have been using to do things? That's pretty huge, especially if they're high-importance seconds in which enemies are dead and you have basically free reign.

On a semi-related note, watching Regi and Dan Dinh play is getting boring. I wish TreeEski and Roku would stream more again, the amount they stream seems to have really fallen off lately :(

OremLK on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    my new theory is that if you're at my ELO (which is mid 1500s), the more games you have played, the worse you are

which isn't really a new theory, it's just kinda funny that I could guess that our terrible kassadin had 400 ranked games played (I have like 17)

unintentional on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    my eve score in ranked is now
    Evelynn 6(66%)

this is a sign

unintentional on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ^^ (edit) I know it's kind of trite but I went 6/6/6 in a 25 minute game yesterday, with a CS of 69. Clearly a portent

Thanks for the thoughts, I'll give Singed another try tonight when it gets late and I get tired and stupid again :P

On another topic, how's Malzahar? I noticed he's free this week, and I haven't really tried him. It seems like (and please tell me if I'm wrong) his abilities are kind of either A) geared to utterly destroying one person and ONLY one person, or B) capable of helping teamfights, but requires good CC to keep dudes in the pool.

Then again, Cassiopeia kind of seems the same way. Maybe because they both have ground effect skills. vOv

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

tryn and poppy are your champs

Rent on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011

Vlad, Anivia, Katarina, and Zilean. Screw all of them. Anyone else I can take pretty well as Morde. Although I haven't gone against a Caitlyn. That would be interesting.
    I dont see how that can happen, Morde has the infinity shield.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

how many skins did your team have

Rent on
  • Options
    Legen DairyLegen Dairy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Watching HotshotGG OCD replay one fight from his last match over and over and over again right now.

He's so upset.

Legen Dairy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I dont see how that can happen, Morde has the infinity shield.

You don't stand near the creeps and let him hit both you and the creeps with his abilities

You keep a CONSTANT stream of harass (including auto-attacks) after he uses Siphon every time

Then his shield is almost always down

This is pretty much how you lane against Mord on any ranged champion, if you're melee and can't straight-up fight him through his shield you probably need to ask for a lane switch

OremLK on
This discussion has been closed.