• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    woohoo, hard work pays off

only it's 2am. fuck this is addictive

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    Got the trophy for playing every day of the week today.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    For the life of me I cannot find the level queue that I set up on lbp.me

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ...because I was evidently logging in with a different account somehow!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Anyone know how to make the game camera follow a sackbot around the level? I tried putting a camera on the sackbot but it only follows him a few feet before cutting back to sackboy.

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Italax wrote: »
    Anyone know how to make the game camera follow a sackbot around the level? I tried putting a camera on the sackbot but it only follows him a few feet before cutting back to sackboy.

You can do it with a movie camera. The only downside is that it letterboxes the screen.

if you don't want the letterboxing you'll have to devise some way for sackboy to follow the bot, obstructed by the scenery somehow

which is kind of frustrating because that was something Mm specifically said you wouldn't have to do anymore, but oh well.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

You can do it with a movie camera. The only downside is that it letterboxes the screen.

if you don't want the letterboxing you'll have to devise some way for sackboy to follow the bot, obstructed by the scenery somehow

which is kind of frustrating because that was something Mm specifically said you wouldn't have to do anymore, but oh well.

I ended up shoving a Controlinator onto some holographic material, maxing the speed and setting it to follow the sackbot. Works pretty well, since the holographic material A) Can't collide with stuff and B) Is invisible

Italax on
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    yeah that works. sackboy mounted on the hologram is still visible though isn't he? I mean he's easy enough to obscure, since he can pass through solid objects while in a controllinator, but still.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    yeah that works. sackboy mounted on the hologram is still visible though isn't he? I mean he's easy enough to obscure, since he can pass through solid objects while in a controllinator, but still.

Nope, totally invisible. I set the hologram to 0% brightness and the Controlinator to be invisible in game and you can't see sackboy. There's a second lag when the game starts where Sackboy spawns and drops into the seat, but I'm pretty sure a quick opening movie will mask that no problem.

Italax on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Nope, totally invisible. I set the hologram to 0% brightness and the Controlinator to be invisible in game and you can't see sackboy. There's a second lag when the game starts where Sackboy spawns and drops into the seat, but I'm pretty sure a quick opening movie will mask that no problem.

oh dang, that's really cool.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2011
    does anybody know of any good lbp websites for like, creator tips and such

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    littlebigplanet central I think is the biggest LBP community since they did away with the official forums

which actually weren't that bad as far as official forums go

one thing I would have liked them to add to the tutorials were a few very basic game design lessons

just simple stuff like say, try to give frequent minor rewards to keep people interested, make things tough but beatable, do your best to build a level that can't be broken by shithead players, that kind of thing

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2011
    awesome, thanks

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    is anyone else having trouble going online?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i can't stop thinking about littlebigplanet gah

i'm also having sharp regret about being too impatient to wait the extra weekend for an import version of the game that would be compatible with my copy of the original

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    that is amazing

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Urg, I hate trying to ace these levels with massive unskippable cutscenes.

Darric on
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    start

skip

Dys on
  • Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Goddammit.

Darric on