As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Mos Eisley [CHAT]ina

• Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Makes perfect sense.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Makes perfect sense.

Indeed *bubble pipe*

Prospicience on
  • Options
    nightbladenightblade Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    cakemikz wrote: »
    Does anyone play MvC3? It has taken this game to make me realize what a retarded mindfuck the SFIV Tournament Edition stick is.

I nearly broke mine tonight trying to switch in characters and constantly switching in the wrong one.

Good to see I'm not the only one to loathe it. Everyone seems to adore it..

nightblade on
  • Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Godfather wrote: »
    Hey guys, my cousin's dog passed away sometime yesterday. We saw it coming (he first picked him up when we were both five, so he was almost 100 in dog years), but it's still tough for him since he was so used to him being around.

It's kind of a corny request but we could both use some encouragement.

My doggy's getting old, she's like 13. I'm going to be very sad when she's gone, but that's just how it is.

I'm very close to being in your situation so I can empathize. So chin up old boy, we'll make it through this.

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This makes me sad...

My cat's about 16 now and, since she's primarily an outdoor cat she probably hasn't got too much longer.

Shame... since she's gotten much nicer in the last 2 years :(

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Is that why you like that saxophone player so much? Because he reminds you of your dying cat?

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    No?

My cat does not have opposable thumbs- or fingers- so she cannot play the saxophone

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Such is life (and death) though. Accepting and embracing our own mortality and looking back on our experiences with those we love, and moving on.

When my dog Zoe dies it will be sad, but I will never have another dog growing up, she already has that title. I may have a dog when I graduate, and perhaps my own children will grow up with another dog, but Zoe will always be the "man's best friend" that I grew up with.

So it sucks but it's just something to think about. You'll always have stories to tell, like "my cat Patches was so awesome he used to chase dogs out of our yard."

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Siegfried wrote: »
    Does anyone play MvC3? It has taken this game to make me realize what a retarded mindfuck the SFIV Tournament Edition stick is.

I nearly broke mine tonight trying to switch in characters and constantly switching in the wrong one.

Why is it retarded? Default controls are to the left 6 buttons, and it's control scheme Beta. For the Marvel TE stick its control scheme Gamma. A normal controller uses Alpha scheme.

Well you see, the LB stands for Left Button, and the RB stands for Right Button. In the middle of a fight when it is telling me to press RB to switch in a character, I press the button that is on the right out of common sense. But the button that is on the right is actually the Left Button, and the Right Button is on the left.
    retardedbuttons.jpg

rts on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys, my cousin's dog passed away sometime yesterday. We saw it coming (he first picked him up when we were both five, so he was almost 100 in dog years), but it's still tough for him since he was so used to him being around.

My doggy's getting old, she's like 13. I'm going to be very sad when she's gone, but that's just how it is.

I'm very close to being in your situation so I can empathize. So chin up old boy, we'll make it through this.

Much love bro, very appreciated.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Much love bro, very appreciated.

That's what internet friends are for.

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Why is it retarded? Default controls are to the left 6 buttons, and it's control scheme Beta. For the Marvel TE stick its control scheme Gamma. A normal controller uses Alpha scheme.

Well you see, the LB stands for Left Button, and the RB stands for Right Button. In the middle of a fight when it is telling me to press RB to switch in a character, I press the button that is on the right out of common sense. But the button that is on the right is actually the Left Button, and the Right Button is on the left.
    retardedbuttons.jpg

I'd have thrown that fucking thing as soon as I got it out of the box.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well I can see where it would seem stupid, but it was designed that way because street fighter uses R1&R2(or RB&RT for xbox) for the Heavy Punch and Heavy Kick, respectively. So really it was designed for ease of button mapping for that.

I've seen sticks that had L1/L2 on the left and R1/R2 on the right, and the face buttons in the middle, and it's often a nightmare to set up button config.

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    cake can you open up the pad and just flip the buttons?

bombardier on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    you'd need some sort of degree in gizmology to do that

Tam on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    And a soldering iron :o

Nappuccino on

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    it's a special type of iron they use in the military
    that's why their uniforms are so crisp
    god I love words

Tam on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    It might be simple depending on how the buttons are held onto the case.

bombardier on
  • Options
    ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    retardedbuttons.jpg

Bumper.

Sorry, that was bugging me for some reason.
    Tam wrote: »
    it's a special type of iron they use in the military
    that's why their uniforms are so crisp
    god I love words

IDK If you've seen these . Its against regs to iron them, because it deteriorates the material.

Also, Soldiering iron ftw. You should doodle that next :D

ninjai on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Actually you really don't need a soldering iron for the TE stick. It's designed such that its easily opened, the buttons are all snap-in so they are interchangeable without much hassle, and I believe the wires have a sort of quick-disconnect thing so you could just swap the cords if you really cared to.

That's why people in the scene like it mostly: it's the first mass produced stick to have good, japanese sanwa parts that is also easily customizable, as well as being relatively affordable.

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I can't find it for sale anywhere though :(

I don't know if any of you have had the privelage to play a brilliant game by the name of Eve Online, but its soundtrack is some of the best ambient music I've ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nkiSYrD6RI

ninjai on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Left Shoulder Button, it can really go either way.

I don't want to screw with the buttons because I have people over a lot who play as well as other games that I play.

rts on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    http://www.rhapsody.com/gooding/factory-blue

Also good ambient. Check track 2. My fave

ninjai on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Left Shoulder Button, it can really go either way.

I don't want to screw with the buttons because I have people over a lot who play as well as other games that I play.

you can't re-map the controls in the game either?

edit: also, have you had any more luck with franklin conquering those stairs?

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Not much progress with the stairs, a good portion of the landing still isn't covered with tread so I am having a custom one made for that, the top hallway and the bottom hallway.

rts on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    No?

My cat does not have opposable thumbs- or fingers- so she cannot play the saxophone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hngBzDDyFE

Flay on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    My brother-in-law is heading back home today. I can finally reclaim my living room and get back to my normal life.

Grifter on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I met local artist Reginald Baylor this weekend. Really inspiring to talk to him.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    After a solid month of spending my evenings and weekends on freelance work, I finally took a lazy weekend. Played Gamma World with some friends on Saturday, watched a couple of movies, and played some video games (while riding my mountain bike on my indoor trainer).

Now back to work.

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I just pre-ordered Super Mario All-Stars for Wii because I've wanted that game for a long time. I know I could buy it for SNES, but I prefer the wireless controllers for the Wii.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just broke through the 1 Terabite mark on my files at work! AMAZIIIIIIING!!!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Woah, one of my friends is getting a divorce!

This is straight out of the blue; she and her husband seemed completely happy when I saw her last New Year's Eve. If this is true and not just a marriage phase, she'll have gone through the entire cycle by the age of twenty-two. That is just nuts.

Here's hoping they can work things out.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Dang, that sucks.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Geez, there are attorneys involved. Looks like it's serious business :(

Godfather on
  • Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That sucks. Any kids involved?

Just don't pick sides or say anything that you would regret, divorce can get ugly.

My best friend went through a divorce the same month I was getting married. It was super weird, cause he was a groomsman! We went out and got good and drunk and I told him it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he wanted to sit out my wedding. He smacked me in the face and said "get real, you are going to marry the shit out of Rachel, and I am gonna be there."

His wife hated me anyway...

brokecracker on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    F87: Your thread is now NSFW!

edit: Thanks.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey dudes and dudettes, just thought I'd swing past to let you know I'm not dead.
    So, yeah, I'm not dead......wait a minute, bullet wound, wife hanging around some putz, not speaking to me and crying all the time....oh my god, I forgot to buy icecream!

Mustang on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh man, have you guys seen the Real life UP House? Fantastic.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nothing in the world makes me giggle more than this.

Edit: Ok that UP house is 2nd, but still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YzHTt2Pns4&feature=related

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Oh man, have you guys seen the Real life UP House? Fantastic.

eeeeeeeee :o

Angel_of_Bacon on
This discussion has been closed.