As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What a world

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pooro needs nice right now. Anything less isn't helpful. What good did ambivalence do? According to Pooro ambivalence just made things worse.

And I just offered up the notes bout the powder and Visine because it seems like the bruises were noticeable enough to make him uncomfortable.

Oh you're absolutely right. It's just that Pooro is kind of known for his dry wit around here, and most people respond in kind, so such unabashedly pleasant posts can seem a little disarming at first!

Javen on
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah Muse. Quit making everyone uncomfortable with your genuinely nice and caring comments. It's creeping us out.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My best of wishes to you Pooro.

You find these men. You find them and you make them pay all Liam Neeson in Taken style.

You deserve justice.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nah man, gonna keep giving Pooro all the hugs.

Why don't you try being nicer, huh? HUH? That's what I thought :x

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Muse, MereHappenstance can't be nice to anyone ever again. He traded the last of his niceness away for a flagon of vodka. Each gulp washed away the last of his humanity.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fucking shit dude. Hope you get better soon Pooro and I hope the three dudes that hate crime'd you crash their car into a septic truck.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Muse, MereHappenstance can't be nice to anyone ever again. He traded the last of his niceness away for a flagon of vodka. Each gulp washed away the last of his humanity.

I wasn't aware :(

I have some niceness to spare. Would you like it Happenstance?

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Fucking shit dude. Hope you get better soon Pooro and I hope the three dudes that hate crime'd you crash their car into a septic truck.

I hate manure!!! I hate it!!!

Zonugal on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Haven't read past the 1st page-my sympathies to Pooro, way fucked that people kept driving by

I wonder though, not than anyone can actually answer this, if they jumped him because they're really thought he was gay and wanted to beat up some random gay, or if it was, what I think is more likely, just a case of "We can totally take this guy."

Weaver on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    man

not gonna lie

shit like this scares me

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I try not to walk around at night
    At least, not without someone with me
    Preferably someone who can't run as fast as I can

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    man

not gonna lie

shit like this scares me

Yeah

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

I tried to make it less obvious that I was imagining that exact scene.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    man

not gonna lie

shit like this scares me

Yeah

:s

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I tried to make it less obvious that I was imagining that exact scene.

What can I say?...

Zonugal on
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well Back to Back to Back to the Future was on ABC Family all day today...

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is that a marathon of Back to the Future or Back to the Future III

Tam on
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It is all three.

Back to Back to Back.

To the future.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Juheeeezus christ.

I think we can all agree that people just walking by is disheartening. But just pointing out how depressing it is doesn't do shit.

So remember it. Next time you see something happen, think back to this. All of you. Understand that if you don't do something, probably no one will. And then do something.

It's a cliché, but be the change you want to see in the world.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    (Tell the fucking police Pooro)

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Also, yes, Pooro, tell the fucking police. If only so the statistics for assault and battery are accurate, tell the fucking police. Please.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Koshian wrote: »
    Houk wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »
    Koshian already apologized and explained the post.

You did not need to drag it out again.
    She actually didn't apologize for the post.

i did, so fuck you.

Technically, you apologized for me taking offense. Which is pretty radically different from actually apologizing.

But hey, whatever, who's even keeping track?

(me, a bit)

And just so's everybody knows, I did talk to the cops tonight. I couldn't give them much, and they told me not to expect anything, which, hey, I wasn't.

Also, holy moly Muse, that is some make-me-feel-guilty levels of nice. I ain't deserving of sympathy on that level. I'm frequently a dick.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Even Devils deserve sympathy Pooro

The Rolling Stones taught me that

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    But they got guitars backing 'em.

Best I can do is blow into an empty jug of triple-x moonshine.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Now that you mention it
    The Rolling Stones did have a lot of guitar players

On that track alone
    There was the
    Lead guitar
    Bass guitar
    Rhythm guitar
    Soloist
    Back-up guitar
    Slide guitar
    Melody guitar
    and the sitar player

BusterK on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Definitely report it

the paper trail has to start somewhere, even if your file is just one of many, it can help prosecutors put serious pressure on these guys even in totally unrelated incidents

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Definitely report it

the paper trail has to start somewhere, even if your file is just one of many, it can help prosecutors put serious pressure on these guys even in totally unrelated incidents
    And just so's everybody knows, I did talk to the cops tonight. I couldn't give them much, and they told me not to expect anything, which, hey, I wasn't.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah but just like on the forums
    If enough people report on a poster eventually they get jailed
    Don't you want to contribute to getting these guys banned from life?

BusterK on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    BusterK wrote: »
    Yeah but just like on the forums
    If enough people report on a poster eventually they get jailed
    Don't you want to contribute to getting these guys banned from life?

No, but I talked to the cops. I reported it.

I don't know how much clearer I can be about this.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pooro, what I think you should do in this case is report it to the cops.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Just trying to make you feel better even though it seems like your actions have no consequence now
    You just never know

BusterK on
  • Options
    UlisesUlises Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    pooro quit being an irresponsible lout

why aren't you at the police station?

Ulises on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Just trying to make you feel better even though it seems like your actions have no consequence now
    You just never know

Eh, considering my mugging, this recent gay bashing, the time I got called a faggot and thrown into the trunk of a palm tree, the time a guy in a pick-up shouted "faggot" at me from a pick-up and threw a tennis ball at my head, the time two rednecks tackled me and tried to steal my wallet.

Given I didn't do shit to instigate any of it, and considering nothing I did after the fact had any effect, I'm pretty sure my actions have no consequences.

I can only deny facts so long.

410226614_4rKWW-L-2.jpg

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, but on the other hand there are 12 pages of people, most of them you've never even seen, on the internet, many of whom have never had any meaningful interactions with you, wishing you genuine happiness.

So there's at least that part that's pretty nice.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    SLyM wrote: »
    Yeah, but on the other hand there are 12 pages of people, most of them you've never even seen, on the internet, many of whom have never had any meaningful interactions with you, wishing you genuine happiness.

So there's at least that part that's pretty nice.

That's a hell of a point.

Thanks, SLyM. And everybody. I know I'm bein' a helluva buzzkill, but I appreciate the positivity.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I went through 7 pages before I gave in and posted that, sorry pooro :(

at least you can be completely sure the people who did it are complete, useless failures of humans beings

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man pooro, we can't blame you for being a bit bitter about the entire thing.

Maybe if you were complaining that your seat which is made out of gold is uncomfortable we'd razz you on that.

Blake T on
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You just never know

Eh, considering my mugging, this recent gay bashing, the time I got called a faggot and thrown into the trunk of a palm tree, the time a guy in a pick-up shouted "faggot" at me from a pick-up and threw a tennis ball at my head, the time two rednecks tackled me and tried to steal my wallet.

Given I didn't do shit to instigate any of it, and considering nothing I did after the fact had any effect, I'm pretty sure my actions have no consequences.

I'm sorry for all of the horrendous shit that happened to you, but why haven't you left that godawful shitstain of a place? I mean, one is an incident, two is a coincidence, but five is a definite pattern of abuse that, judging by the number of incidences and your location, which judging by the reference to palm trees, is in the South, suggests a community that really, really, hates gay people and people who look like gay people.

Seriously, get out of there.

CaptainNemo on
    PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    You just never know

I'm sorry for all of the horrendous shit that happened to you, but why haven't you left that godawful shitstain of a place? I mean, one is an incident, two is a coincidence, but five is a definite pattern of abuse that, judging by the number of incidences and your location, which judging by the reference to palm trees, is in the South, suggests a community that really, really, hates gay people and people who look like gay people.

Seriously, get out of there.

Ain't nowhere in the country to write for a living but L.A., and ain't nowhere in L.A. I can afford to live but here.

So it comes down to dreams or safety, and I'll pick dreams every time. Bruises heal quicker than what-ifs.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Death heals very, very slowly from what I'm told.

Look, I love writing too, but it's not worth your life. All it takes is one hick all hopped up on Pat Robertson to end your life. Try to find alternative routes through you neighborhood. Or travel with friends. You could try taking self defence lessons, but will little cash that would be difficult.

tl;dr Don't get dead, Poor.

CaptainNemo on
    PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com