Options

emergency [chat]

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ahahah my wife is playing Harvest Moon.
    "What does it mean if a girl doesn't like alcoholic drinks? How am I supposed to get them in bed?"

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Me and the wife have an anniversary coming up. Our first!

Sheep on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    "What does it mean if a girl doesn't like alcoholic drinks? How am I supposed to get them in bed?"

The age old conundrum.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The gay rights thread has convinced me that we need new antipopes.

Cinders on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    There is nothing quite as good as a sunny day and a walk in the park by a lake to keep me I'm high spirit

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    >.<

I just found a stack of paperwork dating from 05/09 to 09/10 that for whatever reason wasn't sorted and filed.

This is the kind of stuff I am talking about.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

heehee

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Richy wrote: »
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Also, good morning sad [chat].

Is everyone having some sort of relationship issues lately?

Group hug?
    I have no relationship issues.

Or any relationships at all.

Yup.

I'm striking out big time in SK.

At least I'm making more money than in China. And I'm in ridiculously good shape, given that I have nothing better to do than work out all the time.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    tumbles is such a dick

we're walking and i have headphones in, hardly paying attention

i look down and realize two things

1) we're about to go into a puddle of dirty water

2) tumbles' rear legs are tensing, as she's about to leap it

i was mid stride so there was no way i could jump with her, leaving me to a) be a dick and plant my feet, which would yank her awfully in midair or b) (which i did), stumble into the gross water

god

dumb fat beautiful dog

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Richy wrote: »

Group hug?
    I have no relationship issues.

Or any relationships at all.

Yup.

I'm striking out big time in SK.

At least I'm making more money than in China. And I'm in ridiculously good shape, given that I have nothing better to do than work out all the time.

Well, if you want to hook up, you should stop working out and start playing Starcraft.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    the iPhone is my gaming platform of choice

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    tumbles is such a dick

we're walking and i have headphones in, hardly paying attention

i look down and realize two things

1) we're about to go into a puddle of dirty water

2) tumbles' rear legs are tensing, as she's about to leap it

i was mid stride so there was no way i could jump with her, leaving me to a) be a dick and plant my feet, which would yank her awfully in midair or b) (which i did), stumble into the gross water

god

dumb fat beautiful dog

Cats don't have this problem.

They also don't roll in poo.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Cinders wrote: »

I don't know if that would help.

I just wish a certain cadre of posters would stop pig-headedly refusing to understand Catholicism and realize it's not the same as switching banks.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    My relationships are going pretty well.

I predict problems arising when me and Bulgarian girl finish our Ph Ds and have to get real jobs in different places.

Me and the girlfriend are going through that. I work north in Boston and she works the exact opposite distance south. Our schedules also suck incredibly, she works 3:30-midnight and I work a standard 8-5. It's annoying.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I predict problems arising when me and Bulgarian girl finish our Ph Ds and have to get real jobs in different places.

Me and the girlfriend are going through that. I work north in Boston and she works the exact opposite distance south. Our schedules also suck incredibly, she works 3:30-midnight and I work a standard 8-5. It's annoying.

Still better then the guy who just finished his Ph D, and is going to Hong Kong for 2 years, whereas his girlfriend is only just finishing her honors year and is starting a Ph D.

I can't see that lasting, when they're doing entirely different things and separated by a pretty brutal 8 hour flight.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah that's brutal. I would have just ended that relationship.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    yawn

desc on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Still better then the guy who just finished his Ph D, and is going to Hong Kong for 2 years, whereas his girlfriend is only just finishing her honors year and is starting a Ph D.

I can't see that lasting, when they're doing entirely different things and separated by a pretty brutal 8 hour flight.

That's pretty much every one of my relationships for the past two years.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Man. Long distance relationships are tough. You never know, though. If it's really a good pair between the two people and you know there's a light at the end of the (8 hour flight long) tunnel, who knows.

desc on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Group hug?

I am not in a relationship so I am issue free and thus not in need of a hug.

I'll take a facepalm for having to help friends deal with their relationship issues though.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

This is fantastic.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

I just wish a certain cadre of posters would stop pig-headedly refusing to understand Catholicism and realize it's not the same as switching banks.

On the other hand, the 'no-true scotsman' frequently gets take to pretty ridiculous extremes here.

Leitner on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeahhhhh...

While filing the first stack of paperwork, I found another stack, even bigger than the first, of stuff that was just crammed in a folder out of the way.

>.<

It never ENDS!!!

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

Then you slip a roofie in their NON-alcoholic drinks... duh.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Deebaser wrote: »

Harvest Moon does not have roofies unfortunately.

I can't believe I just typed that.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Guys how does this sound for a personal statement within a CV:
    Computing graduate with specialization in Software Engineering and five years experience working with IT systems. Able to adapt and learn new system technologies quickly and accurately. History of developing projects within small scale teams. Able to implement new systems from hardware construction to software implementation, and willing to learn new software technologies and challenges.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Grab drugs from the forest.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Computing graduate with specialization in Software Engineering and five years experience working with IT systems. Able to adapt and learn new system technologies quickly and accurately. History of developing projects within small scale teams. Able to implement new systems from hardware construction to software implementation, and willing to learn new software technologies and challenges.

I'd totally hire you to develop both the space shuttle and the software to run it!

Or feel that you haven't really said anything specific enough, but I've also never written a CV before so I've no idea if this type of BS works.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Or feel that you haven't really said anything specific enough, but I've also never written a CV before so I've no idea if this type of BS works.

Indeed.

I don't know what to say specifically! Should I say "I convert oxygen into petroleum, my skin is made of a nano-fibre mesh, I see 18 dimensions"?

WMain00 on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011

Animal Crossing does.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I would use full sentences. Yeah you're dealing with very limited space, but first impressions are so key and I can see that putting off a lot of HR people.

Otherwise looks okay. How's the rest of it laid out?

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Indeed.

I don't know what to say specifically! Should I say "I convert oxygen into petroleum, my skin is made of a nano-fibre mesh, I see 18 dimensions"?

I guess maybe go into a little more detail on what you've done and then use it to draw the generalization?

So you say the same stuff, it just sounds more sincere.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Leitner wrote: »
    I would use full sentences. Yeah you're dealing with very limited space, but first impressions are so key and I can see that putting off a lot of HR people.

Otherwise looks okay. How's the rest of it laid out?

Goes like Personal Statement > Key Skills > Qualification > Honour's Topic > Work Experience > Personal Achievements. Would probably be described as an academic/skill set CV, as it attempts to sell me for my merits in what i'm good at, rather than how often i've worked.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Personal statements like that don't normally belong on a CV, they belong in a cover letter.

And "willing to learn new challenges" is weird.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011

I feel confident that you're not the first person on the internet to tell someone that.

I don't know if that makes it better or worse.

desc on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Leitner wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »

On the other hand, the 'no-true scotsman' frequently gets take to pretty ridiculous extremes here.

That's precisely what I'm talking about though.

"no true Catholic supports gay rights"

:rolleyes:

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    How about this:
    I am a Computing graduate with specialization in Software Engineering and five years experience working with IT systems such as Windows, Apple OS and Unix. I am able to adapt and learn new technologies quickly and accurately, improving my skill set by continually challenging myself with new software. I have a history of developing projects within small scale teams, as can be seen by my achievements. I am able to implement new IT systems from hardware construction to software implementation, and I am fully willing to learn and adapt to new software technologies.

Same as the last one but a bit more information and personal.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

This makes no sense. You're willing to learn new challenges?

See if this works a bit better for you:

Computing graduate with specialization in Software Engineering with five years experience working on IT systems. Able to adapt and learn new system technologies quickly and accurately. History of developing projects within small scale teams. Able to implement new systems from hardware construction to software implementation and eager to learn new software technologies. (or perhaps " ...eager for the challenge of learning new software technologies" if you really want challenge in there somewhere)

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Kk, i've incorporated that into my one.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    So Bulgarian girl is now looking after the neighbors cat full-time, since they're moving out and can't find a place where they can have a cat.

This isn't a substantial change from the present state of affairs. Though she should get fleas less often.

uh, what? the bulgarian girl will get fleas less often or the cat?

Dynagrip on
This discussion has been closed.