Options

Chicken and asparagus [chat]

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hub just played an old episode of Jem and the Holograms.

I don't think I've ever seen anything so utterly 80's.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

Well I like character customization, and I like GTA style open world cities, and shooting everyone and hitting them with cars etc never ever gets old.

Saints row also has some beautiful car explosions. It was honestly one of the reasons I played the series, blowing shit up was hilarious.

And unlike the GTA games Volition has figured out a good shooting system for a third person world.

eh, I liked GTA4 shooting just fine, but I won't cry if saints makes it better

One major change is driving and shooting is way easier. The game also plays more arcadey than gta 4 by a longshot.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Elki wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Jacob, jacob, answer my DAO question: My party members. Do I need to read up on leveling them up myself? Or do I just automate it?

get a respec mod!

< Revolution.
    what

tyrannus on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    gta shooting is painful

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Well I like character customization, and I like GTA style open world cities, and shooting everyone and hitting them with cars etc never ever gets old.

Saints row also has some beautiful car explosions. It was honestly one of the reasons I played the series, blowing shit up was hilarious.

And unlike the GTA games Volition has figured out a good shooting system for a third person world.

One major change is driving and shooting is way easier. The game also plays more arcadey than gta 4 by a longshot.

oh snap is the steam info page right and I can co-op the whole story?

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Jacob, jacob, answer my DAO question: My party members. Do I need to read up on leveling them up myself? Or do I just automate it?

DON'T auto level, whatever you do!

For the warriors, just pump their STR and DEX and give them maybe 30 total willpower (here's the deal: constitution gives hitpoints, which sounds good for a warrior, but not very many hitpoints, while every point of dex makes you harder to hit in the first place. Alaistair with 45 strength and 45 dex is basically a god.)

The mages, just magic and a bit of willpower erryday.

Rogues do dex and cunning. Be sure and make sure Leilana takes the lockpicking ability at every opportunity. Also her archery tree doesn't work the way it should, so level her up in 2-weapons instead.

Here's how all the NPCs break down in terms of what they do best:
    Alastair - sword and shield and all the best heaviest armor.
    Sten - second-best heaviest armor and the best two-handed swords you can find
    Ogren - third-best heaviest armor and the best two-handed axes you can find
    Dog - build him like a warrior; he can tank pretty well.
    Wynne - spec out her healing and her special unique tree that lets her resurrect dudes
    Morrigan - shapeshifter is bullshit, move her into something else like blood mage asap
    Leilana - archery is borked, give her two weapons and all the stuff associated with stabbing
    Zevran - ditto
    Shale - you can actually build Shale however you want; all its trees are useful.

*bookmarked*

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011

yes

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2011

get a respec mod!

< Revolution.
    what

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    gta shooting is painful

nah it's fine, although yeah shooting and driving is kind of a pain

it's easier with a mouse and keyboard obviously, but then driving is terrible, so I stick with the controller and just wing it on the shooting

usually I can compensate for the bad shooting with awesome driving so I'm like sticking the gun in their driver side window filling their stupid stupid face with all the goddamn bullets

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    oh, how unfortunate

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

yes

co-op makes everything better, no exceptions

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Also one really stupid decision Noire made that really killed any desire I had to replay it. You can't skip any cutscenes or dialogue at all. I have no idea why especially since you'll probably fuck cases up and have to redo them, and so you are locked in to their wonderful dialogue everytime. SO OBNOXIOUS!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Need to come up with a paper topic. It can be anything I want which is causing me to draw a blank.

Quid on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    went to my local and watched the bruins ruin what would otherwise probably have been a perfectly lovely vancouver evening

(it was probably raining)

i'm still excited about my scooter. it was so fun to ride around on! like, i was absolutely dreading taking it back to cambridge from southie, since i meant that i had to drive through boston (which i absolutely hate, even in my car). but it turned out to be fun and just delightful!

also i like to think that i looked fly as hell on my little orange scoot in my tie and sport coat.

It's orange?!

yep!

it looks like this one:

4354271207_7cbb23c709.jpg

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I think I might go with China's one child policy.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I never restarted a case on my first Noire playthrough. I wanted my fuck ups to matter.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    Will: :^:

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2011
    Quid wrote: »

i am more a negative one child policy kind of dude

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I never restarted a case on my first Noire playthrough. I wanted my fuck ups to matter.

This is why I haven't been able to bring myself to replay ME2 despite losing one of my favorite characters.

Going to make the Reapers pay for that shit.

Quid on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Do copyright Quid.

China is a great thing to look at with regard to intellectual property.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    a lot of people are like "Saint's Row is back to what GTA should be"

I don't know that I agree with that. GTAIV had problems but it also had some stuff that I really loved, and I hear that the two expansions kind of minimized some of the sucky stuff and doubled down on the good stuff.

I guess I'm cool with two competing series of sandbox crime games that have different levels of what we jokingly call realism.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also one really stupid decision Noire made that really killed any desire I had to replay it. You can't skip any cutscenes or dialogue at all. I have no idea why especially since you'll probably fuck cases up and have to redo them, and so you are locked in to their wonderful dialogue everytime. SO OBNOXIOUS!

you can on the ps3

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2011

This is why I haven't been able to bring myself to replay ME2 despite losing one of my favorite characters.

I need to make a save with jack dead

because jack is boring

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Will is plotting to murder some poor kid

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2011

I need to make a save with jack dead

because jack is boring

I like jack a lot because of the mayhem

even if there's less of that when she's actually doing things, her story mayhem is great

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011

I don't know that I agree with that. GTAIV had problems but it also had some stuff that I really loved, and I hear that the two expansions kind of minimized some of the sucky stuff and doubled down on the good stuff.

I guess I'm cool with two competing series of sandbox crime games that have different levels of what we jokingly call realism.

GTA4 took a turn into semi-serious territory which was not traditionally what GTA was really about

I think Rockstar's more serious games are very fun and i like them very much, but to test it out with an already established game series was a bit of an oversight as to what exactly kept people playing it.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

GTA4 took a turn into semi-serious territory which was not traditionally what GTA was really about

I think Rockstar's more serious games are very fun and i like them very much, but to test it out with an already established game series was a bit of an oversight as to what exactly kept people playing it.

I liked that they attempted to be less silly, (even though they still have a pretty hard time not being silly).

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Do copyright Quid.

China is a great thing to look at with regard to intellectual property.

I'm not especially familiar with it other than its basic nonexistence.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    DO NOT WANT

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    do not want what

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Will is plotting to murder some poor kid

that "poor kid" is stealing my future food

i will not stand for it!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    do not want what

backstroke of the west

chinese piracy

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2011

I liked that they attempted to be less silly, (even though they still have a pretty hard time not being silly).

Yeah, it's like: San Andreas was a fantastic game, I loved it very much. But there was a point past which I was starting to cringe at the wild shift in tone between the main story, which wants you to be - if not invested in your dude's plot, at least entertained by it - and then starting a mission and have someone tell you "Hey take me to the Vagina Burger on top of Titty Hill"

Maybe it's me, maybe I'm getting old and calcified, but more and more that stuff was making me go "...really? Really?"

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The joys of trying to explain the importance of the title of "professor" to people who live in a country where normal lecturers use the title. Fun.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    it deserved reallies

meanwhile, saint's row maintains a more or less even tone

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ahahaha

"Do you believe Christianity is under attack in America?"
    "Yes, I---"
    "How so?"
    "Well, um..."

Oh Ron Paul, you cad.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »
    The joys of trying to explain the importance of the title of "professor" to people who live in a country where normal lecturers use the title. Fun.

:o

are you professor bob now? :D

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Nope. Not even "Dr. Bob" yet. Hopefully that will happen next Easter.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

you can on the ps3

oh how, I couldn't figure it out

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Nope. Not even "Dr. Bob" yet. Hopefully that will happen next Easter.

oh

ok

Well, hopeful preemptive congratulations

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.