As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW][Chat] 4.2 today! And there was much rejoicing.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    got my DK into a trial run with a progression raiding guild. i'm a little worried; i haven't done any cata raiding content, but they're going into firelands.

i guess it is a trial by fire. HAHAHAHA.

furthermore, according to wowhead, not a single one of the firelands bosses drops a dps strength 1h weapon; there are two agi daggers, two str 2hers, etc. is this blizzard's way of saying titan's grip/dw frost are not supposed to be viable anymore? or maybe there is another source for these kinds of weapons...

There is also a 1h str axe from firelands trash (not ideal I know, but at least it is not unique) http://www.wowhead.com/item=71362

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    got my DK into a trial run with a progression raiding guild. i'm a little worried; i haven't done any cata raiding content, but they're going into firelands.

i guess it is a trial by fire. HAHAHAHA.

furthermore, according to wowhead, not a single one of the firelands bosses drops a dps strength 1h weapon; there are two agi daggers, two str 2hers, etc. is this blizzard's way of saying titan's grip/dw frost are not supposed to be viable anymore? or maybe there is another source for these kinds of weapons...

blacksmiths can make 367 str 1handers in a month

if your server is anything like mine they will cost at least 12k a piece.

On my server, Soul Blades still cost that much.

It's silly that all of the str 1hs are like, 13 ilvls below the rest of the stuff; seeing that there's a trash drop helps, though. i am less miserable. hit and mastery aren't the best stats a person could ask for, but hey.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ugh, somehow my counter for justly rewarded got reset at like 28k

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If you listen carefully, you can hear all the enhancement shaman chuckling in the background...

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I got justly rewarded when I logged in today. Not sure what that was all about.

Also, if people are still missing the little alysrazor story, ysera has a quest for you. I didn't notice it at first.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    lol dps

yes mage I am totally going to forgo my satchel to do another run with you, the guy who couldn't reliably sheep, didn't watch his threat meter at all and paid no attention to marks in general

gg

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Why did they change all the Heirloom gear to white-quality?

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Heroth wrote: »

Because fuck casuals, gotta keep the game xXhardcoreXx for TRUE MMO PLAYERS.

... My real response is it might be unintended. Unless that's in the patch notes. Because then I'm just as confused.

Henroid on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Heroth wrote: »

Go to the red ? and it has the answer it seems to be a bug

Brainleech on
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So wait, if both the boss and the dog are applying the debuff to the tank. How do you handle the boss? I understand the dog can be trapped but the boss can't be.

The boss needs his Spear for "Arcing Slash" which is what applies the "Jagged Tear" to the Tank (and anyone dumb enough to stand next to the tank). When Shannox Throws his spear, he can no longer "Arcing Slash" untill his doggie brings it back to him. So the Off-tank Tanks Riplimb next to a Freezing Trap, till Shannox throws his spear (you will see a targeting reticule on the ground for it). As soon as the Off-tank sees the red circle for the spear throw, he traps Riplimb in molten ice. Stacks should reset before the Dog can get out of the ice, retrieve the spear and bring it back to Shannox. The Main Tank may need to Drag Shannox back a little bit depending on time left on his Debuff, but if you are 30 yards away then it shouldn't be a problem.

Buddies on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Ah ha. I just read on the MMO Champ forums how Shannox works for tanks.

Gonna bring that info to the raid tonight.

Edit: Haha, Buddies you posted that at the same time.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Buddies wrote: »
    So wait, if both the boss and the dog are applying the debuff to the tank. How do you handle the boss? I understand the dog can be trapped but the boss can't be.

The boss needs his Spear for "Arcing Slash" which is what applies the "Jagged Tear" to the Tank (and anyone dumb enough to stand next to the tank). When Shannox Throws his spear, he can no longer "Arcing Slash" untill his doggie brings it back to him. So the Off-tank Tanks Riplimb next to a Freezing Trap, till Shannox throws his spear (you will see a targeting reticule on the ground for it). As soon as the Off-tank sees the red circle for the spear throw, he traps Riplimb in molten ice. Stacks should reset before the Dog can get out of the ice, retrieve the spear and bring it back to Shannox. The Main Tank may need to Drag Shannox back a little bit depending on time left on his Debuff, but if you are 30 yards away then it shouldn't be a problem.

Ooooh so it's the spear that applies the bleed. I haven't been in Firelands yet but I've been trying to do as much research as possible, and all I've found was stuff about 25m and how it uses 3 tanks. That's pretty cool then, cause I had been left here wondering how you were supposed to do 10m. And now I know!

themoreyouknow.jpg

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Since the shannox strat is bad in the video I linked earlier, here's some written ones. I like these alot.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/927887-Complete-Firelands-raid-guides-by-Icy-Veins

belligerent on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    also, if you have an old legacy acct (that was vanilla wow only for some reason) it got upgraded to BC.

So now its 20, 40, 40 for an acct to become current, however amazon was doing a goldbox for cata for 20.

While the $20 deal seems to be over, I just checked Amazon and Cata's up there for $24.88 right now. Not sure why.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So heals now crit for 200%. I have no idea how to play with this.

I'm Disc, and we have a single Holy Pally in our 25 man, so I primarily tank heal. My GHeal now lands for ~25k on the lower end, and can crit over 70k. (GHeal already had a fairly wide range to start with) Now I clearly can't gamble with tank health and just wait for him to be lower and then hope for a crit, so I have to assume it's going to land closer to the low end of the spectrum and just have massive overheal (or less to catch up on) if it crits.

Our Shamans were getting GHW crits upwards of 90k. Scale that down a hair for PvP gear, and yeah... wtf is going to become of Arenas?

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So...went on my pally to do the second round of dailies this morning to open up the Firelands stuff. I thought I saw one of the stags for the quest so I started moving towards it, and realized it was one of the new spirit beasts (the one that looks like a tiger).

Quickly logged off and switched to my hunter and got her to hyjal stat...but apparently it's 2 phases deep (there's a phase where you rescue the 3 CC members, then when Malorne shows up to wtfpwn the slow boss in Firelands). By the time I had it unlocked the tiger was gone :(.

To add further insult to injury, the agi cloak for her from the Thrall questline is meh...the 359 cloak from JP (now) is better.

Nobody on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nobody wrote: »
    So...went on my pally to do the second round of dailies this morning to open up the Firelands stuff. I thought I saw one of the stags for the quest so I started moving towards it, and realized it was one of the new spirit beasts (the one that looks like a tiger).

Quickly logged off and switched to my hunter and got her to hyjal stat...but apparently it's 2 phases deep (there's a phase where you rescue the 3 CC members, then when Malorne shows up to wtfpwn the slow boss in Firelands). By the time I had it unlocked the tiger was gone :(.

To add further insult to injury, the agi cloak for her from the Thrall questline is meh...the 359 cloak from JP (now) is better.

The Thrall questline cloaks would be pretty cool if it weren't for the fact that the Friendly rep cloaks from the Firelands raid rep itself are much better. At least the AGI one is, anyway.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Rius wrote: »

The Thrall questline cloaks would be pretty cool if it weren't for the fact that the Friendly rep cloaks from the Firelands raid rep itself are much better. At least the AGI one is, anyway.

The odds of me raiding on anything but my paladin right now are slim to nil though, so that cloak may as well be unobtainable.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Hey, there is small chance I will need an Off Tank tonight for Firelands if you are on around 8.

I'll know for sure right around then.

Buddies on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Buddies wrote: »

Hey, there is small chance I will need an Off Tank tonight for Firelands if you are on around 8.

I'll know for sure right around then.

Most likely we're not raiding tonight due to my co-tank and his wife (one of our better healers) being out so I might be okay going with you guys, the problem is I'm not likely to be on before 8:30 (stupid new work schedule) :(

Nobody on
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    These 3 pieces of evidence would seem to be proof that people at Blizzard aren't talking to each other:

Release patch 4.2 w/ a quest for 365 cloaks and a raid grind of 3000 rep for 378 cloaks during a holiday event that provides 353 cloaks.

Also, I recall seeing something about how they don't want people grinding the trash to get Exalted with the Avengers of Hyjal, so I assume that means rep from trash either is, or will be, capped at some point.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So the Avengers of Hyjal are a raid thing?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wow Hyjal runs like a god damned slideshow. Unplayable.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Brainleech wrote: »
    So the Avengers of Hyjal are a raid thing?

Rep from killing mobs and bosses in Firelands that serves two purposes. One you get rewards at the different levels (cape at friendly...). Second if you down heroic bosses they drop or have a chance to drop shards that let you upgrade VP gear to 391 gear. Anyone know if mob kills stop at honored like the past reps?

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Not sure. I guess you could start grinding trash mobs for rep/drops... but that doesn't sound fun.

belligerent on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    tons of avengers trash runs on my server already

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Wow Hyjal runs like a god damned slideshow. Unplayable.

If you are running it, disable Recount. Apparently it's heavily bugged and needs a new version with 4.2 because of something they did with the combat log.

Nobody on
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    tons of avengers trash runs on my server already

I did it for maybe 2 hours last night and got through friendly, got my cloaks.

There were also LOTS of epic BOEs dropping. Then again, in a weird twist of fate, my PUG group did almost nothing wrong. Heals were plentiful, tanks were swapping when necessary, CC was applied. It was great.

Got me a nice BIS tanking ring first night farming trash :)

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I would like to do it but I'm not at ilevel 358 yet.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    BoomguinBoomguin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Anyone else noticed a downturn in epic drops? Did they nerf the trash drops already?

I got in late last night to my guild's trash run and it had went from dropping stuff left and right earlier to...nothing, over numerous runs.

Maybe it was just the random nature of RNG, but thought I'd check.

Boomguin on
    I'm a heavy lurker.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Boomguin wrote: »
    Anyone else noticed a downturn in epic drops? Did they nerf the trash drops already?

I got in late last night to my guild's trash run and it had went from dropping stuff left and right earlier to...nothing, over numerous runs.

Maybe it was just the random nature of RNG, but thought I'd check.

Eh, think it's just RNG being RNG.

The group I was in last night said the only thing they had seen was a single pattern in many runs. But our runs yielded at least a dozen drops.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fuck Firelands.

Fuck it.

It's a fucking rehash of MC.

Same fucking trash mobs.

Same ridiculously terrible amount of trash mobs.

Same god damn end boss.

Fuck this. TOR can't come fast enough.
    I'm already annoyed by the place.

It looks like it was designed for the Virtual Boy: nothing but red and black everywhere.

There is too much trash, and the standard 2-hour respawn makes zero sense with the way the place is designed.

forty on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Pretty lame that the intro quest gives you a nice purple cloak that will be replaced in one night in Firelands by the friendly rep cloaks from the new faction.
    Yeah, Jesus Fucking Christ, what is with Blizzard and cloaks all of the sudden? Farm Ahune for a quick and easy 353 cloak! Wait, no, just do the Thrall quest line for an easy 365 cloak. Wait, no, just farm trash in Firelands for a couple hours for a 378 cloak. We couldn't have made one of these items a ring or necklace or something?

Also, this isn't a complaint, but I swear they said that you wouldn't be able to get the new rep by farming trash (i.e., it'd just be a boss kill deal). Guess they changed their minds there!

forty on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    forty wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Pretty lame that the intro quest gives you a nice purple cloak that will be replaced in one night in Firelands by the friendly rep cloaks from the new faction.
    Yeah, Jesus Fucking Christ, what is with Blizzard and cloaks all of the sudden? Farm Ahune for a quick and easy 353 cloak! Wait, no, just do the Thrall quest line for an easy 365 cloak. Wait, no, just farm trash in Firelands for a couple hours for a 378 cloak. We couldn't have made one of these items a ring or necklace or something?

Also, this isn't a complaint, but I swear they said that you wouldn't be able to get the new rep by farming trash (i.e., it'd just be a boss kill deal). Guess they changed their minds there!

I swear to that too, I was telling my friends all night last night "Trash doesn't give rep. Just do Heroics for Valor points tonight" LOL we could have been farming trash.

Buddies on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    woo, tirisfal batling out of my latest satchel

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm sure Blizzard will nerf the epic drop rate off Firelands trash, to really maximize the awfulness of the zone. The reasonable drop rate we have right now just isn't how Blizzard rolls.

forty on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Totally not getting any work done today as I'm constantly checking for updated strats on bosses and even the Trash. Why do I do this to myself!

Buddies on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So uh, friends were telling me guilds have already cleared normal modes in Firelands

If that's the case I'm prettty disappointed

Oghulk on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Why? People were able to test them in the PTR so they knew everything ahead of time.

Also who cares what OTHER people are doing?

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The current superpro guild on our server was 6/7 as of last night. Not sure how hard they pushed it after I logged.

That's not really a surprise, though. The top guilds that do things like put in PTR time and burst raid are always going to clear stuff in a couple weeks.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
This discussion has been closed.