As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Please post in new thread [Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls]

• Options
    RadioElectricRadioElectric Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    About the main quest, does anyone know what the point is to
    send followers to become Blades?
    I'm guessing it is a late game thing but also a mechanic to get all your peeps in one place? y/n?

You can give them up to four companions, and after doing so
    they'll hunt dragons with you. You talk to Esbern and he'll send you on a mission to hunt down a dragon, and when you do it the Blades you've recruited will run off and meet you at the dragon location, at which point you kill it.

Delphine makes this big deal about "once you join the Blades, you can't leave!" but you can continue to use the Blades followers as followers if you want, they just run around in Blades armor with shields and katanas.

It seems to be another variant on their Radiant Quest system: talk to NPC, receive quest (hunt dragon) and some friends are sent along with you. Beyond that, I'm not sure it does much else.

I quite enjoyed it, try to pick an interesting combination.

Unfortunately it stops working after you're given a certain stupid quest.

Edit: It's not what @UrQuanLord88 says, because it stops at 3.

RadioElectric on
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote:
    They're always too conservative with damage for these kinds of things, as far as im concerned, if im willing to forgo inventory, the ability to use health potions and stats leveling in a fight make me goddamn unstoppable

At least as a Werewolf you're üretty unstoppable early on, whereas Vampirism is completely useless. At least the minor advantages can't outweigh the huge downsides.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    At least as a Werewolf you're üretty unstoppable early on, whereas Vampirism is completely useless. At least the minor advantages can't outweigh the huge downsides.

Werewolf sucks simply because
    By midgame, archers can one-shot you. You might as well be naked and level one for all the protection it gives you.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Anyone know if achievements work with the 4GB executable? It's weird because the 4GB .exe clearly loads up the Steam executable, even does so with the script extender, and I can pull up the Steam UI and everything.

But I haven't gotten any achievements in a while, which is particularly weird because I've done some stuff on my current character that should net me some achievements. So either my game's broken or achievements are somehow not compatible with the 4GB and/or SKSE.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Inter_dInter_d Registered User regular

Werewolf sucks simply because
    By midgame, archers can one-shot you. You might as well be naked and level one for all the protection it gives you.

*Sigh*
    Pretty much this.

I haven't gone werewolf in a loooooong ass time because now I lose out on my massive armor rating and high one-handed damage. Transforming now is intentionally gimping myself.
    Hell, I tried it the other night as a sort of a what-the-hell endeavor since all the enemies were people and so I could replenish my health after every kill but 1 arrow and one power attack by a dude with a one hander and I was dead. I reloaded and killed them all easily and found that the bastard didn't even use an enchanted or silver weapon. So I gave up on it entirely.

The only reason I stay werewolf is for the disease immunity now.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I think I used the werewolf tranform a couple times to murder peasant travelers I met on the road. The one time I tried to use it in a fight it got me slaughtered. It's completely inferior to wearing armor.

Completely.

I just carried through the quest line until I got a chance to cure it and then did so. The only thing I miss is the disease resistance, which is currently broken anyway.

• Options
    SamSam Registered User regular
    is there a point in doing that thing the Blades ask you to do that most people with a soul wouldn't want to? Do you get anything out of it aside from being able to say "What's up" to them? Do Delphine and Esbern become followers or anything?

• Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    So being a werewolf is pretty awesome but despite the high damage output I have a serious case of glass jaw. How do I increase my defense there?

Also, the magic resistances thing is starting to get on my nerves. When it's just a group of bandits or whatever it's no big deal: just go for the mage of the group first. But I had like an IV drip of health potion to kill a frost dragon.

• Options
    Sam wrote:
    is there a point in doing that thing the XXX ask you to do that most people with a soul wouldn't want to? Do you get anything out of it aside from being able to say "What's up" to them? Do XXX and XXX become followers or anything?

There are (sort-of) spoilers in there.

• Options
    EckoEcko Registered User regular
    I miss being able to play this game. Have they said when they're patching the patch yet?

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Sam wrote:
    is there a point in doing that thing the XXX ask you to do that most people with a soul wouldn't want to? Do you get anything out of it aside from being able to say "What's up" to them? Do XXX and XXX become followers or anything?

Not really?

• Options
    EmpiricalEmpirical USARegistered User regular
    Heroth wrote:
    So... whoo for bugged quests

My companion quest is now bugged and i've tried all the suggestions i can find and none have worked...

What issues are you having?

Poop nuggets.
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    Ecko wrote:
    I miss being able to play this game. Have they said when they're patching the patch yet?

There's some kind of highly experimental community-made fix for the magic resistance bug that I'm going to try out later today. (PC only, of course).

I haven't run into backwards dragons yet so that must not be happening to everyone, unlike the resistance bug.

• Options
    AxesOfEvilAxesOfEvil Registered User regular
    Anyone know if achievements work with the 4GB executable? It's weird because the 4GB .exe clearly loads up the Steam executable, even does so with the script extender, and I can pull up the Steam UI and everything.
    I've been running it for a couple days (4GB + SKSE), and have gotten a few achievements, so it definitely doesn't interfere with achievements for me. I am happy that hackers are persistent enough to fix Bethesda's bugs without breaking Steam. I love Betesda's games, but their QA is really not very good.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    so a thought about the timer for buffs etc. they should just use the compass bar like they do for shout recharge. just make it turn a color for active buffs. ie blue for shout green for buffs red for poisons etc.

that would be pretty non-obtrusisve.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2011
    They need to sort the shouts by type; dmg, buff, CC, summon, etc. Then give each category its own timer.

So you can firebreath, then knockback, then summon a storm.

Morkath on
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    So I was walking past the Shrine of Merida (or something like that). And then she would speak. And then my game would crash about 5 seconds after her speech sound would finish playing.

I guess her and her beacon were never destined to be found.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    tumblr_lvm1kaCBpg1qha4b4o1_500.png

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    AxesOfEvil wrote:
    I've been running it for a couple days (4GB + SKSE), and have gotten a few achievements, so it definitely doesn't interfere with achievements for me. I am happy that hackers are persistent enough to fix Bethesda's bugs without breaking Steam. I love Betesda's games, but their QA is really not very good.

All right. Damn, that's weird. It's not using the console, because I've definitely gotten achievements after doing that. Hm. Not sure what to do at this point. Valve customer support maybe? I'm not sure I even care about achievements enough to really do anything. There doesn't seem to be any easy way to test this either, which is also irritating.

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    If i'm not online, my achievements won't register. It's hardly something that simple is it KingJay?

Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    The no resistance thing sucks, but it's really not that bad. The game is highly playable; just bring a few extra potions around with you.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Shimshai wrote:
    If i'm not online, my achievements won't register. It's hardly something that simple is it KingJay?

Nope, I'm definitely online. Can see the store, friends list, etc. Got an achievement two days ago (Married). But recently completed "Glory of the Dead" and no achievement registered for that one. Pretty strange.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I think I used the werewolf tranform a couple times to murder peasant travelers I met on the road. The one time I tried to use it in a fight it got me slaughtered. It's completely inferior to wearing armor.

Completely.

I just carried through the quest line until I got a chance to cure it and then did so. The only thing I miss is the disease resistance, which is currently broken anyway.

See, this is what I've been saying the whole damn time

I need a "Better Werewolves" mod or something

For a once per day thing, I should be a fuzzy murder machine

Oh well, trading the ability to be rested for disease immunity isn't so bad

• Options
    Lawful EvilLawful Evil Registered User regular
    It's taking a while for my Alteration/Conjuration, no-armor, bound weapon wielding character to take off. I'm at nearly full Conjuration, so having 2 summons is definitely gonna help in the tanking. Going up one-hand and archery may have spread my perks a little too thin, since I also went Illusion for Silent Casting, and getting points in Enchanting so I can some mana cost reduction for both schools. Having 80% resist once I max my Alteration and grab that Dragonskin(?) spell and I'm all set.

But for now, it's getting one-shot by archers with hunting bows because I forgot to cast Ironskin. I definitely hope there'll be mods that extend the duration of the spells.

Do not believe that the impossible exists. That is why you fail.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does the silent casting perk apply to staves?

Sam wrote:

Not really?

Those details were considered spoilers a few weeks ago. I guess you could argue that anyone who starts playing now has found out from elsewhere though.

Daedalus wrote:
    Ecko wrote:

There's some kind of highly experimental community-made fix for the magic resistance bug that I'm going to try out later today. (PC only, of course).

I haven't run into backwards dragons yet so that must not be happening to everyone, unlike the resistance bug.

It happens sometimes for me, maybe 1 in 4 dragons.

RadioElectric on
  • Options
    EckoEcko Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote:
    The no resistance thing sucks, but it's really not that bad. The game is highly playable; just bring a few extra potions around with you.

For me, it's not so much the resistances thing, it's quests/quest log being broken, lag, game crashing, and textures missing on the ground so that it looks like there's holes in the ground every 10 feet.

That's pretty bad. :P

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

But I haven't gotten any achievements in a while, which is particularly weird because I've done some stuff on my current character that should net me some achievements. So either my game's broken or achievements are somehow not compatible with the 4GB and/or SKSE.

I have not had problems getting achievements to work with the 4gb executable.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Anyone else have the issue of dead dragons spawning whereever you end up fast travelling to? I swear, someone else is stealing my jerb as Dragon Slayer Extraordinaire.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:

Completely.

See, this is what I've been saying the whole damn time

I need a "Better Werewolves" mod or something

For a once per day thing, I should be a fuzzy murder machine

Oh well, trading the ability to be rested for disease immunity isn't so bad

How about leveling the beast form? Like a level 1 werewolf gets +100 health and stamina plus the current attack rating, while a lvl 50 werewolf gets +300 health and stamina, + 300 armor and a much higher attack rating. 300 health and armor are of course placeholder (only play as a thief and don't know if thats high or low).

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I just had a funny problem where I would fast travel to Shor Stone to talk to the blacksmith (a quest NPC), except a band of hired thugs would always be at the arrival point, and then the blacksmith would start attacking the hired thugs and immediately get himself killed and fail the quest.

I kept reloading, trying to save the NPC before he bit the dust, and just couldn't do it. It was like Time Cop, minus Jean-Claude Van Damme.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    For what it's worth, it's not necessarily a once per day power with the Ring of Hircine. That said, being able to really wreck shit because of a super power + daedric artifact would be preferable to being able to really wreck shit because you made 4000 leather bracers.

• Options
    Ecko wrote:
    Derrick wrote:

For me, it's not so much the resistances thing, it's quests/quest log being broken, lag, game crashing, and textures missing on the ground so that it looks like there's holes in the ground every 10 feet.

That's pretty bad. :P

The no resistance thing is ridiculous. Beth took something that was working fine and completely broke it. On top of that, the game crashes without warning now, at least once an hour, sometimes more. It's ridiculous.

I downloaded SKSE and ran it with the 4GB extender. Resistances worked perfectly and I never crashed during 5+ hours of play. The fact that modders fixed it before they did is a testament to the TES community, but goddamn it is bad for Bethesda.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    For what it's worth, it's not necessarily a once per day power with the Ring of Hircine. That said, being able to really wreck shit because of a super power + daedric artifact would be preferable to being able to really wreck shit because you made 4000 leather bracers.

I am putting the children of Skyrim through college by selling enchanted leather bracers. It is a noble deed!

• Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    I used to use Riverwood as the place to go to sell stuff/blacksmith but it keeps getting attacked by god damn dragons. The last one refused to land for 15 minutes and it was very irritating. I'll just use Whiterun from now on to blacksmith/sell stuff/etc.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    To the people suggesting tying in the shout with speech, check this. I haven't tried it yet but will later today.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2318

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    So. time for a stupid question.

My .exe has a product version of 1.1.21.0

Is that the newest patch or not?

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    So. time for a stupid question.

My .exe has a product version of 1.1.21.0

Is that the newest patch or not?

No, that's the old patch. The new one is 1.2.1 I think.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    I'm having some issues with a book shelf in Breezehome. As I understand it, this is a common bug, but I'm just wondering if you guys know a way to fix it. One of my book shelves works perfectly, but the other one would only let me access one shelf for the longest time. When I took all the books off the bottom, to see if that changes anything, it stopped letting me access either shelf. That's kind of irritating. I have all these books I'd like to display.

Any chance you guys know a way to fix this on the 360?

• Options
    finally got the 100000 gold cheevo

now I can stop hording money on all my characters

let's see if I can refrain from buying every single house

• Options
    Mai'q is standing there gawking at the corpses of the two dragons I just killed

the worst part is that when he tells people about it, no one will ever believe him