As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] T-Minus 10 days and counting. Pre-release hype ignition confirmed.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    man i think i'm gonna give up on asari adept

level 14 and i still can't use this fucking thing without getting shot to pieces every seven seconds

even stasis bubble hasn't helped

I've found that I die amazingly quick, probably because there's no active way to boost damage protection, and your dodges eat your shield. As does your heavy melee (so generally the only time I use it is when I forget...).

It's worth it though, because you're turning enemies into hapless targets ripe for the picking. Is your group largely sticking together? Because off on your own in Silver, you're probably going to find yourself in a bad way pretty quick, even on a flanking position. Adept just doesn't have the durability to hang on its own for any significant length of time.
    oddly enough it just doesn't feel like it has enough crowd control

i'm not a fan of throw since it doesn't actually kill anything and generally just makes a guy who's a problem now a problem a second and a half later

stasis bubble is good when they're bunched which definitely isn't always the case

i'm using the phalanx and it just doesn't do the job fast enough to keep numbers down

maybe that's the issue

i don't know what else i'd use that doesn't greatly increase cooldowns though

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    throw is the best, elendil, although it loses some of its luster on gold

have you tried the tempest?

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    man i think i'm gonna give up on asari adept

level 14 and i still can't use this fucking thing without getting shot to pieces every seven seconds

even stasis bubble hasn't helped

I've found that I die amazingly quick, probably because there's no active way to boost damage protection, and your dodges eat your shield. As does your heavy melee (so generally the only time I use it is when I forget...).

It's worth it though, because you're turning enemies into hapless targets ripe for the picking. Is your group largely sticking together? Because off on your own in Silver, you're probably going to find yourself in a bad way pretty quick, even on a flanking position. Adept just doesn't have the durability to hang on its own for any significant length of time.
    oddly enough it just doesn't feel like it has enough crowd control

i'm not a fan of throw since it doesn't actually kill anything and generally just makes a guy who's a problem now a problem a second and a half later

stasis bubble is good when they're bunched which definitely isn't always the case

i'm using the phalanx and it just doesn't do the job fast enough to keep numbers down

maybe that's the issue

i don't know what else i'd use that doesn't greatly increase cooldowns though

Throw's cooldown is sick-nasty fast and it does reasonable damage. I honestly just spam it and stasis bubble, with warp reserved for phantoms.

For weapons, I've found I do best with, of all things, the Avenger. The accuracy is good enough, I can spray and pray, and the damage is reasonable. If you're a better shot than I am, you'd probably do better with the Phalanx or Carnifex.

I find the SMGs are generally either too inaccurate or don't deal enough damage.

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Apparently the new york launch has been delayed multiple times due to intense winds, moved all the way to pennsylvania to get the landing closer to NYC, and there's still a chance it ends up in the ocean.

Sleeping in was the correct choice.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Buff Warp, Stasis and Asari Justicar first, then put everything you've got left into Throw.

Use the Phalanx until you get the Locust, then toss that on there; 15% reduction in cooldown speed, but trust me, it's well worth it.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Man.. I don't know. The more often I see james vega, the more he reminds me of a guido douchebag. Hope the game clears that up nicely. or lets me fuck his shit up.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    throw is way better than warp

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    throw is way better than warp

throw is also way cooler because tossing ragdolls around is the best

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    one time I managed to throw a cerberus guy that was using his jetpack

it threw off the trajectory and everything, it was hilarious

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I like to try and use throw on a trooper about to jump off a ledge so throw arcs and hits them directly from above

can get some good bounce off the ground that way

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    fuck yes

me1 on insanity beaten

you can never hurt me again, Mass Effect

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    So uh, can I get the english language (and blood) version from origin? Or do I need to import it?
    And will my multiplayer still work if I do that?
    Anyone know this? I'm in germany

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    So uh, can I get the english language (and blood) version from origin? Or do I need to import it?

No idea, sorry.

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular

Origin works the same as Steam. It has localized versions of the games depending on which region/country you connect from.

Proxies work with Steam but I don't know if they do with Origin. A lot of Germans wanted to get international versions of Left 4 Dead 2 because there was a lot of cut/changed content.

As for multiplayer, most of the networking it actually a P2P host side affair. For example, during the demo I was being matched with plenty of Americans. So I don't know if it would screw you over with regard to latency or any of that.

What I do know is that you can add a boxed copy cd key to Origin for international games. The Mass Effect 2 that is on my Origin games list is from a boxed copy I bought in Canada and brought back to the UK.

Now, Germany has some strange regulations regarding guns and violence so I don't know if that would work here. Seriously, contact Origin customer support. I don't think they really care too much about region locking.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    fuck yes

me1 on insanity beaten

I didn't find ME1 on insanity hard

just incredibly goddamn tedious

everyone you fight takes ages to kill

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    fuck yes

me1 on insanity beaten

Just announced: Mass effect stories: Play missions as Archangel Zaeed Jacob and Uh Ashley people like her right?

Adds new content to Mass effect one that will drastically alter the sequels for no reason at all.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

Just replayed LotSB. Still fantastic. I can only hope that all game companies would use it as a blueprint for story-based DLC.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    fuck yes

me1 on insanity beaten

I didn't find ME1 on insanity hard

just incredibly goddamn tedious

everyone you fight takes ages to kill

The item system was also totally broken.

You could make an assault rifle that would never overheat. You could just run and fire it constantly, forever.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    My best was the high explosive Rosenkov shotgun with every damage modifier under heaven + carnage.

With adrenal rush you could get off two volleys, one round would take out a fully shielded Geth Juggernaut.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    PART of the problem was I was also going for the Turian Ally achievement and I don't know if I leveled up Garrus wrong or what but he was about as sturdy as a wet paper bag

as soon as I got the achievement I switched him out for Liara and Illos and the battle for the Citadel were total jokes

• Options
    me2 was simply a much better game than me1.
    the inventory system, gameplay mechanics, everything. I sometimes wish there's be an ME1 remake with me2/3 mechanics

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Paying for that character dosn't bug me, I just want some sort of "Semi-Special Edition" that includes the DLC but not all the merch that comes with the CE. Course the population of fans that want day one DLC but not a hoodie and finds Live irritating is probably a pretty small minority.

Hobnail on
  • Options
    also I fucked up noveria in a bunch of hilarious ways

-In Port Hanshan I handed the hanar's smuggled weapon mods over to Anoleis, which, unbeknownst to me, let me skip friggin' everything there. I still did all those sidequests to get Anoleis arrested, because fuck him

-At Peak 15, I used the Neutron Purge on the Rachni as soon as I got there, which apparently makes all of the survivors turn against you, forcing me to kill them to get to Benezia. Never even got to talk to that shell-shocked volus. :(

• Options
    PART of the problem was I was also going for the Turian Ally achievement and I don't know if I leveled up Garrus wrong or what but he was about as sturdy as a wet paper bag

as soon as I got the achievement I switched him out for Liara and Illos and the battle for the Citadel were total jokes

Yeah, that was my experience. For whatever reason it felt like even Tali was sturdier. Garrus went down more than a Drell Vanguard played like a Human.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    so

uh

unlocked Salarian infiltrator twice in a row, last night

I just don't understand this drop system

but I'm glad it worked in my favor, finally

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    the shadow broker files are so funny

• Options
    I tried the revenant on my turian sentinel again

it was pretty decent, but the way it slows you while you are firing really holds you back

I can't wait to try it with the turian soldier

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    so

uh

unlocked Salarian infiltrator twice in a row, last night

I just don't understand this drop system

but I'm glad it worked in my favor, finally

1. the system somehow divines what it is that you want
    2. the system only gives it to you once your spirit is broken and you have lost all hope

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    oh my god

legion's gamer profile

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    oh my god

legion's gamer profile

Legion is great.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    So, doing a scorched earth playthrough and I'm now to the point of choosing to leave Grunt in the tank or let him out.

I'm thinking he says in.

Thoughts?

Also, if anyone has that chart of what upgrades affect who and who dies when if they aren't loyal...that would be mighty helpful. I have plans.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    On the face of it that does seem to be the shittier choice

but

what if you let him out and then never help him through puberty?

• Options
    wait "jacob is perfect" this is bullshit I thought
    kasumi had that other guy?

• Options
    wait "jacob is perfect" this is bullshit I thought
    kasumi had that other guy?
    That other guy is dead.

• Options
    yeah but still

• Options
    edited February 2012
    yeah but still
    Gotta get over your dead boyfriend eventually! Besides, have you seen Jacob's abs?

Dux on
  • Options
    ok Grunt's search history is my favorite thing so far

it's adorable

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular

That's because you didn't get him medium armor unlock most likely.

All biotic classes and team mates can use barrier to compensate for using light armor.

Tali has a talent bonus that boosts her shields to insane levels.

Garrus is not a biotic, nor is he Quarian. It means he has the squishiest defense till you get medium armor unlocked.

So yeah you specced him wrong, at least as far as survivability.

• Options
    AHAHAHHAA

search: sharks

This discussion has been closed.