Options

OLD [STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    I played the steam release of Deus Ex on my Win 7 64 machine for the first time immediately before HR came out and had almost no issues. I'm pretty sure all it took was running in compatibility mode, and I may have googled a minor audio issue that was common and trivial to fix.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Those fan patches make it work fine. I played it before HR came out

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Have fun getting the original game working properly on a modern system.

er, DX is incredibly simple to get running on a modern rig. As in, download it off of Steam and click "play" simple.

And yes, DX is definitely still worth playing. And I also think it's worth playing it before HR. Invisible War is safe to skip, even if you are desperate more DX after playing through both.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Huh? Deus Ex runs just fine right when downloaded from steam.

I mean, sure, it LOOKS like crap, but it always works fine for me.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    There are plenty of mods to make it look a bit less aged. Check the Deus Ex thread OP for links.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Sumanai wrote: »
    There are plenty of mods to make it look a bit less aged. Check the Deus Ex thread OP for links.
    THAT'S what I cant get working though. I've tried the high def packs. I've tried the new models. New textures, everything. None of it EVER. WORKS.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Runs too fast, all the sounds play too fast and cut off, etc, etc. Tried all the fixes on that Dutch site that gets linked to every time this comes up, as well as the new renderers to improve the graphics, none of it works. I can only play it properly on my netbook and so I haven't bothered.

• Options
    Iceshot22Iceshot22 Terre Haute, InRegistered User regular
    My buddy needs a 50% off valve coupon if anyone can spare

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend code-2578-3543-8236 | Xbox GT- IceShot22
  • Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    Gonna be up for a few more hours, coupons up for grabs:

25% off Valve x3
    50% off Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Huh, Steam stopped tracking my AC:R playtime after my first session. I suspect that Ubisoft launcher thing is throwing it off somehow.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

took a bit of doing but got it going... though, when I exit out, Steam thinks it's still running and I have to exit Steam to be able to launch it again. This is on Win7x64

I downloaded some guys patch to fix it for modern pc's plus a render file for 10 and up.

For those who might want to patch/etc... here's the link http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/index.htm

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    I bought and installed Shogun 2 and it downloaded about 20gb.
    Then I opened up the game and nothing happened.

So I decided to check on it and it said it was taking 15gb of disk space. I verified the cache and now it wants to download 7 more.
    Gah.

Is the game crashing? Is it hanging until you exit? Shogun is notoriously slow to start (especially so the first time, since its essentially benchmarking to figure out what the default graphic setting are going to be). Having said that

Do you have any plugins on your broswer(s)? There are many that can and will cause problems with Shogun (Mine continually crashed until I removed a particular browser addon).

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    If anyone wants to get Assassin's Creed Revelations, I have a 25% off Ubisoft Coupon for a last second impulse buy.

Edit: Hitting the hay, offer redacted.

Ov3rcharge on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Iceshot22 wrote: »
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002045998
    Friend me. I've got one I can trade to you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Iceshot22Iceshot22 Terre Haute, InRegistered User regular
    Iceshot22 wrote: »
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002045998
    Friend me. I've got one I can trade to you.

added good sir

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend code-2578-3543-8236 | Xbox GT- IceShot22
  • Options
    aggh, I can't log into Steam on my laptop. I can log into the web version, but you can't trade through that I guess.
    It says it can't access the Steam network when I try and log in, and then says it can't even use offline mode because it has no stored credentials. It has no stored credentials because if you cancel a Steam logon because it's running on another computer already, it clears your cached login information ever so helpfully.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I wonder if maybe my work changed the firewall rules on the guest network.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    HI my steam account is called "Pacificstars" Can I get an invite to the mad god group/guild?

sorry double post of this

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote:
    Ok, I'll play original first

See you in, like, 40 hours. No, really, it actually is roughly that long. Surprised the hell out of me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    PacStar is legit. I've played League of Legends with him for what's got to be at least a year and a half, and the only reason I'd know of his existence is from this board. I'd invite him myself, but I'm on a crappy laptop with less than easy access to Steam

• Options
    I love Mad God but the social tools are really limited. For instance, /gwho consists of me logging and saying /g is anybody here?
    So really, you have to run into somebody online who is on and in the guild.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Okay, last repost of my coupon collection.

I'll be on again at like 8am PST if anybody has a last-minute buying fit and just absolutely NEEDS a copy of Droplitz for 50% off.

Coupons.jpg

• Options
    The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
    Which version of painkiller is the one to get? Got a 50% off coupon about to run out.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I got a pop up saying that if I buy Rayman Origins now I'll also get 2, but it doesn't mention it on the store page.

Not like I really need Rayman 2. I already have it by itself and as part of a collection. But it might nice to have a version you know for certain will never put a huge thing over your screen telling you the CD isn't in the drive when it totally is.

Also, I seem unable to download the demo. I wanna play this thing.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Which version of painkiller is the one to get? Got a 50% off coupon about to run out.
    The original. Only get Painkiller: Black edition. The others are all awful.

Well, maybe not the new one, but It's probably awful, and the coupon wouldn't work for it anyway.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    Oh man. I meant to give away those coupons before March. But I've had medical and work setbacks and wasn't paying attention to the date.
    I'll make it up to you jerks, I promise.

"lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    PatboyX wrote: »
    Oh man. I meant to give away those coupons before March. But I've had medical and work setbacks and wasn't paying attention to the date.
    I'll make it up to you jerks, I promise.

There's still time, 7 hours I think.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Deus Ex? I've never had any problems.

Last call for coupons.

50% off VVVVVV, Dirt 3, HAWX 2, Talkes of Monkey Island, and Costume Quest.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Okay guys, last chance for coupons.

50% Valve
    25% Valve
    25% Kalypso Media
    50% OddBoxx
    50% LA Noire
    33% Telltale Games

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    Got a few things left if anyone is interested.
    3vkka.jpg

Last call.

• Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    What's left of my coupons:

tempjl.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I want to see the sales numbers for the 29th so bad.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    This sounds like the happiest bar on Earth, all these "last calls".

But knowing you're getting something that won't cause you to wake up in your hallway (in my younger days, when I played vidja games until 5 am on a school night, that happened).

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    I would like to take a moment to complain that Borderlands has gotten me into a cycle of suck. Also, the Lost Cave is hard, as promised. Badass Skags suck. Elder skags suck. Alpha skags suck. Respawning larval worm...things...in my respawn area suck. Suck!

Time for bed I think.

Oh man, wait until you get to Skagzilla.

I hated skags and was dreading that. It was actually kind of fun, but this was with another person. It would probably be a nightmare solo.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I would like to take a moment to complain that Borderlands has gotten me into a cycle of suck. Also, the Lost Cave is hard, as promised. Badass Skags suck. Elder skags suck. Alpha skags suck. Respawning larval worm...things...in my respawn area suck. Suck!

Time for bed I think.

I hated skags and was dreading that. It was actually kind of fun, but this was with another person. It would probably be a nightmare solo.

I wish I'd beaten this gaaaaaaame.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    So, I got Payday off Amazon for steam ($5) *Hurrah!*

but for some reason my video card screws that make the out ports stable were unscrewed *Hurrooh...*

I'm just going to go to my tech friend's house and get a screwdriver and screws. I still have no idea why there were no screws in the holes. I don't think the card has anything wrong with it. When I checked, it didn't crack, smoke, burn, or look different then what it was before.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I have a friend new to steam and he's never played HL2. Does anyone have a copy that's collecting dust?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »

Time for bed I think.

I wish I'd beaten this gaaaaaaame.

It's a lot of fun. I tried it solo when I first got it but just couldn't really get into it. I started playing it with a friend of mine a few weeks ago and it's a blast. I just wish we could play more than 1 day a week.

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    WOO WIZORB COMING IN MARCH!

Kid 1: Aw, man! You got your BrickBreaker in my RPG!
    Kid 2: No way, you got your RPG in my BrickBreaker!
    -both kids stop to ponder for a second and then their eyes light up-

wizorb1.jpg

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    So playing that final 2 hours of LA Noire last night has proven to be to much for my body to handle. Finished at 2am and stayed up chatying in steam till 3am and fell asleep finally at 4. Had to wake up at 7 so naturally I beat the alarm clock by 30 minutes. I feel sick :(

So who wants to Co-op space marines tonight?

This discussion has been closed.