Options

a

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Shipping to my house.

This thing starts in China, so that's not as early as you think.

I'm in Hawaii
    maybe I can hope for an early delivery...

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Crap then... according to my account, mine's still 'Preparing to Ship'

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    me2

poo
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    hm, mine's preparing to ship too

hope it doesn't get delayed

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Still says Delivers on March 16, but yeah, status is still Preparing for Shipment. Bah.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Hurrgh, hours after leaving the iPad with my friend, someone went and purchased my iPad through eBay.

Before I retrieve it back from him, the buyer is from Russia. I never shipped there before, but the Paypal label printing procedure looks no different besides checking on an acknowledgement form.

Is there some prohibition or law that restricts sending out iPads to Russia? Thought I'd ask just to be safe.

• Options
    yayyyy, ipad shipped!

gettin hype!

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Woke up to find my shipping e-mail as well. It's currently in Pennsylvania with an estimated delivery date of the 16th. I live in NY. I could have that fucker Monday, Tuesday at the latest. So couriers are definitely holding onto shipments until the street date.

And my smart cover did actually arrive. I've been holding it, tapping it, and turning it while it's in its package (since the iPad is probably almost the exact same size, if not weight) just to get a feel for how the iPad will feel in my hands. It is going to be so nice. Also, holy crap on the packaging of it. I figured they'd just toss it in a sealed plastic bag or something, but this thing's boarded up in a sturdy box with sturdy plastic set inside. Unboxers must love unboxing Apple stuff.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Shipping to my house.

Mine started in Pennsylvania.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Bah... well, my order is still Preparing to Ship, but it does still have the March 16 delivery specified, so I'm certainly hoping the status changes soon.

• Options
    The estimated delivery date is still the 16th - they'll hold it nearby until then, though it may get there a day early. My iPhone 4 showed up a day or two early if I remember.

• Options
    picked up in PA

yeah ill get it on time

nice

poo
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Woot! Order Shipped!

I still haven't heard any specific info on if iPad 2 cases will work with the new iPad or not. I'd like to get a good case for when it arrives, but not sure if just getting an iPad 2 case will be fine or not.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    SoggybiscuitSoggybiscuit Tandem Electrostatic Accelerator Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »
    Woke up to find my shipping e-mail as well. It's currently in Pennsylvania with an estimated delivery date of the 16th. I live in NY. I could have that fucker Monday, Tuesday at the latest. So couriers are definitely holding onto shipments until the street date.

And my smart cover did actually arrive. I've been holding it, tapping it, and turning it while it's in its package (since the iPad is probably almost the exact same size, if not weight) just to get a feel for how the iPad will feel in my hands. It is going to be so nice. Also, holy crap on the packaging of it. I figured they'd just toss it in a sealed plastic bag or something, but this thing's boarded up in a sturdy box with sturdy plastic set inside. Unboxers must love unboxing Apple stuff.

Yeah, same thing on mine. I live in WV, could have it on tuesday (it technically did not ship until today for me). Hopefully I will get that bastard early. I got the 32GB ATT 4g Version. Should still work on the 3g we have here, though.

Steam - Synthetic Violence | XBOX Live - Cannonfuse | PSN - CastleBravo | Twitch - SoggybiscuitPA
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Dranyth wrote: »
    Woot! Order Shipped!

I still haven't heard any specific info on if iPad 2 cases will work with the new iPad or not. I'd like to get a good case for when it arrives, but not sure if just getting an iPad 2 case will be fine or not.

I'm 99% sure I read somewhere that Apple said that iPad 2 accessories work perfectly well with the 3rd gen iPad. Obviously the smart covers do, at least. I may still look into a case for travel and storage purposes, but for use around the house I think the smart cover will be plenty.

Forgot to mention earlier that on my FedEx tracking info page it states "future delivery requested." In other words, "don't deliver this until the date we specified." I'm hoping that the close proximity may result in, at best, a 1 day earlier delivery; but I'm not counting on it.

Evidently the local FedEx people were curious what all of the Apple shipments they were delivering today were about as they had quite a few similar packages to deliver today. Sounds like they figured it was related to the new iPad, but weren't sure if that was the case and didn't know exactly how if it was. If I'd signed I would have told her it was my smart cover and that's probably what other people were receiving, but I didn't sign for it and the person that did didn't know exact details either; just that it was related to it.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Dranyth wrote: »
    Woot! Order Shipped!

I think some will work. Apparently the new iPad is just slightly thicker than the iPad 2, so if it's a hard form-fitting case there might be some issues. Otherwise, if it's a folio or gel-type case that has even a little bit of give, I imagine it should be fine.

Also, mine shipped, being held in Nashville right now. Can't wait!

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Hmm... damn, maybe I should've gotten a smart cover just to have the option.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »
    Forgot to mention earlier that on my FedEx tracking info page it states "future delivery requested." In other words, "don't deliver this until the date we specified." I'm hoping that the close proximity may result in, at best, a 1 day earlier delivery; but I'm not counting on it.

Mine says the same thing but is also listed as Standard Overnight, so I'm guessing it wont actually leave the FedEx warehouse until Thursday. That said, the end of this coming week is going to be great as I'll be ditching my Droid X for a 4s and getting the new iPad the next day.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    I do wonder how they decide which service it goes through... mine's coming UPS.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I got my iPhone 4 a day early. I then went to the apple store to see if they had cases yet and the staff was amazed I had it already. It was kinda cool.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    It's not called "the new iPad"

It is the new "iPad"

Just like when a new MacBook Pro comes out, they say "the new MacBook Pro"

They are getting away from number and letter designators and are changing the naming to match all of their other products, which are not called iPod classic 8 and MacBook Pro 7.

This. And it's smart to do so.

Having already called a previous model the "iPad 2" I'm not sure it's really that smart a move. They already set a naming convention, and breaking it will only cause more confusion than not (hence whey people keeping calling it "New iPad", like it is named after "New Coke".)

Not that the brand won't survive the confusion, but it really doesn't do them any benefit, and it does do some negligible amount of harm (the confusion).

Overall, it just seems like an odd choice to me.

• Options
    but... it is the new ipad

it's new. it just came out.

even if it was called the ipad 3, calling it the new ipad is still correct.

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Evander wrote: »
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    It's not called "the new iPad"

It is the new "iPad"

Just like when a new MacBook Pro comes out, they say "the new MacBook Pro"

They are getting away from number and letter designators and are changing the naming to match all of their other products, which are not called iPod classic 8 and MacBook Pro 7.

This. And it's smart to do so.

Having already called a previous model the "iPad 2" I'm not sure it's really that smart a move. They already set a naming convention, and breaking it will only cause more confusion than not (hence whey people keeping calling it "New iPad", like it is named after "New Coke".)

Not that the brand won't survive the confusion, but it really doesn't do them any benefit, and it does do some negligible amount of harm (the confusion).

Overall, it just seems like an odd choice to me.

Except this will only matter for a little while. Next year, they'll just release another new ipad and won't have to worry about numbers any more. They want the iPad to be a primary device, not an extra gadget, and to that end they're trying to get people to think of it as simply "the iPad" rather than the iPad X. The Macbook Air/Pro analogy is a good one, I think.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure I like the naming change myself, just that I understand it and don't think it will really be that big of a deal, let alone do any meaningful harm to their brand.

Six on
  • Options
    technicaltechnical Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Ordered my new iPad on the 8th and finally got the ship date on the 10th. But the weird thing is, there still isn't any tracking information when I click the link. I was really happy to see that it was shipped and I should have it on the 16th but not having any tracking info makes me a little worried.

Also my smart cover did have tracking info and it's still sitting in Hong Kong. o.O

Edit: Whelp, never mind just took a while FedEx says its in Tennesee! Ah so close, I'm in Georgia. Maybe they will sneak it to me a day early...

technical on
    3DS FC: 3050-8986-0512

PSN: technical_ta
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    According to FedEx, mine's in Tennessee at the moment.

• Options
    Mine's still in China. Damn you UPS!

• Options
    mines gonna sit in PA until mid week i am sure

derp derp

hey smart hero, talk to me about apps, as an iphone user who does not yet have an ipad

poo
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The "4G" icon that's now appearing at the top of my AT&T network iPhone 4S doesn't actually mean anything, right?

wonderpug on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    wonderpug wrote: »
    The "4G" icon that's now appearing at the top of my AT&T network iPhone 4S doesn't actually mean anything, right?

It means that AT&T (or their money) talked Apple into believing that AT&T's "fourth generation" technology is just as "4G" as everyone else's even if it is a bit lot slower. That is "4G" == "our fourth generation technology" not "as fast as the fastest fourth generation technology."

This is what comes of deciding that marketing terms are just as informative as actual specifications.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    by talked into you mean gave them money

poo
  • Options
    mines in California

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Last location update, but mine's on US soil at least... if you consider Anchorage US anyway. Non-contiguous continental sons of...

• Options
    ueanuean Registered User regular
    Ok, dont know where else to ask this. Is there an app or ability to push audio out from my iphone to a local network? Eg. I'm playing some sick music from a third party app (in this case, 8tracks) and want to make it available on my WLAN. I'm on iOS 5.1 with a jailbroken iphone 4... if you know a way, let me know!

Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Airport Express works pretty well for that, but it is $100 for a router.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Word is spreading that someone in Vietnam got their hands on one, and confirmed that the RAM has been increased.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Word is spreading that someone in Vietnam got their hands on one, and confirmed that the RAM has been increased.

yep. Same CPU, 1GB RAM. They did not have the means to benchmark the GPU, where the true gains are going to come from along with the RAM.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    technicaltechnical Registered User regular
    Hm, I just my FedEx tracking now says "Delivery Exception". Anyone else get that? I'm guessing it's like this because the are holding back the shipment until Friday.

3DS FC: 3050-8986-0512

PSN: technical_ta
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular

yep. Same CPU, 1GB RAM. They did not have the means to benchmark the GPU, where the true gains are going to come from along with the RAM.

It's not exactly the same CPU, it'a a die version increase over the A5. The major change of course is that the GPU is quad-core now, but there are a few minor tweaks to the CPU itself that has made it become the A5X.

I really wish Apple had released the A6 with this iPad, but I guess they are holding that back for the iPhone 5.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    I know iPad 2 smart covers will work with the new one, but do we know if other cases will still work? Are we going to have to wait until new cases get made specifically for the new one or are the dimension changes so slight that it won't matter?

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I would imagine it depends on how tight fitting the case is. The more form fitting, the less likely the new iPad will fit perfectly. I know my current case is probably going to be an issue, as it's very form fitting.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling