As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect]: Victory & Commendation Packs out! Mark ALL spoilers or BANSHEES!!

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    holy crap i just ran into morinth in me3. D:

thats..
    fucked up. but makes sense given the email at the start

for those that dont know..
    shes on earth near the end..
    as a fucking banshee who pops up just after you take out that reaper AA canon right at the start of earth. man, not even she deserved to be a banshee.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

thats..

as a fucking banshee who pops up just after you take out that reaper AA canon right at the start of earth. man, not even she deserved to be a banshee.
    Which email?

Also, I'm not sure she didn't deserve it...she at least deserved it more than the Ardat-Yakshi in the sanctuary, at least the one who were there voluntarily.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular

thats..

Which email?

Also, I'm not sure she didn't deserve it...she at least deserved it more than the Ardat-Yakshi in the sanctuary, at least the one who were there voluntarily.
    you get an email right at the start of the game, the first time you can access your email, it mentions how she was still aboard the normandy when it docked when shepard gave him/herself over to the alliance and she escaped onto earth, probably went on a sex rampage for 6 months.

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    The Mattock is like a really big heavy pistol.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    I want more MP classes and especially races.

Quarian Male Soldier
    Geth Engineer
    Geth Infiltrator
    Batarian Soldier
    Prothean Vanguard

Etc, etc.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Elcor Infiltrator

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Matter of factly: Elcor do not inflitrate.

• Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Microsoft doesn't like having free DLC or patches sent out. Anyone know what the cap on sizes typically is for free stuff on XBL?

It's possible for EA to just distribute multiplayer updates/Free DLC through their own servers right?

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    finnith wrote: »
    Microsoft doesn't like having free DLC or patches sent out. Anyone know what the cap on sizes typically is for free stuff on XBL?

It's possible for EA to just distribute multiplayer updates/Free DLC through their own servers right?

I believe MS lifted their size limit some time ago. Think companies still have to pay for them though.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Having gotten a human vanguard to about oh, 17, I can safely say Bronze is utterly, utterly hilarious. It's less that I can solo the entire wave, it's that I at one point realised I was charging a banshee. And felt good about it. (80% kill rate! Solo!) One should not charge an Atlas, however. It doesn't seem to mind being novaed in the face.

Never playing this thing on anything harder, I'll explode. But near-indestructibility on bronze is great.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Matter of factly: Elcor do not inflitrate.

Resigned Indignation: Elcor do not intentionally infiltrate.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Just passed 300 N7 Rating, awww yeah. I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty sure I've taken out at least a hundred Brutes over the past 2 days. There's really no doubt in my mind that we'll break a million by the end of the day.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Adding Elcor would be great. They wouldn't be able to roll or take cover but they would have like 2000 HP and Shields

• Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    Salarian Engineers are fucking ridiculous. As a lvl 9 I got top score in a silver match with 3 lvl 18+ in my group. I was using one of the shitty assault rifles because I wanted my OP powers to recharge faster.

Some guy was even trying to gin up enough votes to kick me before the match started because I was so low lvl. It's too bad there's no text chat, would have loved to asked his opinion on my performance compared to his.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Hoz wrote: »
    Salarian Engineers are fucking ridiculous. As a lvl 9 I got top score in a silver match with 3 lvl 18+ in my group. I was using one of the shitty assault rifles because I wanted my OP powers to recharge faster.

Some guy was even trying to gin up enough votes to kick me before the match started because I was so low lvl. It's too bad there's no text chat, would have loved to asked his opinion on my performance compared to his.

I find that they're more survivable, but human engineer has 'em beat for pure debuffing and power spam.

Nothing beats Overload for fucking up groups of mooks for days.

• Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    Also the Salarian Winfiltrator is the ultimate god-king.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm guessing energy drain is better against barriers than overload, that's why I favor the salarian. And I don't really go for the radius upgrades, I just focus on the single target stuff so I can take out the big baddies as fast as possible.

Edit: Checked it out, the damage is equal. But energy drain does stun organics, same way disruptor ammo does.

Hoz on
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Salarian Engy is just really, really, really good against geth

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Anyone up for trying to do a gold? I've got a level 20 soldier, origin name is fathom216.

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I want any assault rifle that is actually good at providing dakka to make my Turian soldier worthwhile.

It is never going to give me that, I can tell.

The Revenant seems like it would be downright Apocalyptic when combined with Marksman.

I haven't gotten good results with the Marksman/Revenant combo: either the clip size is going to be too small or I won't be able to scope it if I toss in the stability enhancement. Basically, what ends up happening is the muzzle climb gets exacerbated in addition to the general spray of the bullets to combine into about half of my rounds don't make it to target. The combo that I've found to be fairly decent is a Geth Pulse Rifle + scope and extended magazine.

Re: Morinth

thats..

Now I kinda feel bad for her.
    If she spawns right after you take out the reaper AA cannon, well...there's a second, fresh Cain sitting right in front of you... I felt a slight guilty pleasure in using it to take out the single Banshee that spawned for me (and, in my universe, she wasn't Morinth).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Botznoy wrote: »
    Salarian Engy is just really, really, really good against geth
    The match was against reapers.

Brutes go down so fast to incinerate. It's silly.

Hoz on
  • Options
    Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    I just unlocked the Salarian engineer and the Geth sniper rifle (Valiant? I forget).

It's pretty awesome, when cloaked I can one shot rocket troopers in the face. It's a good skill to have.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Thats wierd. I got booted on bronze as a level 19 Salarian Engineer (which I finally got 'back' in a pack - all my levels were still there along with my customizations) and 60 something N7 level.

I mean, whatever, I can always just go to another, but thats just wierd.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Can you unlock characters with recruit packs? Or should i be saving up for veteran or higher?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    anybody want to shoot mans/bots/space-zombies on xbox? we have 2 spots open

GT Joolander

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Botznoy wrote: »
    Salarian Engy is just really, really, really good.

full stop.

Throw in a Carnifex, and it's almost not even fair for those poor, poor Reapers/Cerberus/Geth.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    What's the best weapon for human soldier? I have a saber, revenant, and a mattock.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Ha ha ha, holy shit. Krogan Sentinel.

Heavy meleeing Brutes, Ravagers and Banshees ERREDAY!

• Options
    This post is most truthful post.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Ha ha ha, holy shit. Krogan Sentinel.

Heavy meleeing Brutes, Ravagers and Banshees ERREDAY!

Indeed.

I call one of my Krogans BAMF and the other Ramlet.

"To ram, or not to ram, that is the question."

Usually Ram is the correct answer.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    BerkshireBerkshire Earth Federal Forces MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I wish there was some kind of live, running tally of dead brutes. I also hope they'll do a stat dump like they did for ME2, where we learned that 80% of players played a MaleShep Soldier and a disturbingly-high amount of players never finished the game.

So I finally got a chance to sit back down with the SP (I know, for shame) and completed some midgame stuff, and...
    Holy shit, Rannoch. First the Geth consensus/Tron world, where you learned just how extra-stupid the Quarians were about the whole thing, then rescuing the Admiral and seeing all those Quarian corpses everywhere, with the level lit entirely by burning wreckage? Awesome. The sacrifice of his crewmen, and the common refrain of being proud of dying on the homeworld...goddamn, some excellent writing. Plus, I'm a sucker for being close air support, so that turret section of rescuing the Admiral was aces. Tonight, I finish the Rannoch stuff.

Also, it really is amazing how much detail was put into the between-missions crew interactions. The discussions between crewmates, the stuff the crew have to say to you, etc. These writers have really outdone themselves, regardless of the complaints about the ending. We'll see how much I hate it when I get there, but unless it is "And then Shepard was a Reaper", I think I'll have a hard time being too upset.

"And don't you ever stand for that sort of thing. Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    GT: FootlongKaPow
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I also headbutt teammates between every wave.

Because I'm a real Krogan.

His name is MURDERFIST.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Well...at this point I've pretty sure I've done around 20-30 games.

And I've killed about 5 brutes a game...so that has to at least be 100.

If at least 10000 people did the same we should be over already.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    xtaxta Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Just passed 300 N7 Rating, awww yeah. I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty sure I've taken out at least a hundred Brutes over the past 2 days. There's really no doubt in my mind that we'll break a million by the end of the day.

by promoting over and over?

i have all classes (except solider and sentinel) at level 20. my n7 rating isnt that high

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I take back what I said about Sentinel warp bombs not being hilariously awesome. Plainly I was doing it wrong.

And by doing it wrong I mean I was playing an overload/gun Turian and forgot to try fully upgraded warp bombs on my humans. Banshee? What Banshee? I don't see any Banshee. *picks teeth*

Warp is the best thing. Up yours, everything with armor.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yeah. The max you're able to get without promoting is 120.

Then you get +10 for promoting along with all the other levels you gain from resetting your character.

That being said you don't really get anything for doing it so it is pretty much just for the fun of leveling a character over again(or re-rolling without having to use a respec item).

That being said I think it would be cool if you had a couple of Spectre packs for doing it.

@Basil: Yeah. I actually like Human Sentinel more than Turian Sentinel. Though Turian Sent is more versatile.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Lemming wrote: »
    Also the Salarian Winfiltrator is the ultimate god-king.

Got any tips?
    I've been fooling around with mine but I haven't really performed all that well.

Sniper Rifles or Shotguns? I've just unlocked the Incisor, but it seems more like an Assault Rifle and I can't really abuse the cloak's damage boost with it.
    As for Shotguns, I've gotten the Claymore in my latest Spectre pack, and while it does ridiculous damage, its low ammo capacity and firing rate is kinda limiting.

What abilities should I use? Proximity Mine seems kinda meh, which I've only noticed after putting 2 points into it though :(

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Yeah. The max you're able to get without promoting is 120.

Then you get +10 for promoting along with all the other levels you gain from resetting your character.

That being said you don't really get anything for doing it so it is pretty much just for the fun of leveling a character over again(or re-rolling without having to use a respec item).

That being said I think it would be cool if you had a couple of Spectre packs for doing it.

@Basil: Yeah. I actually like Human Sentinel more than Turian Sentinel. Though Turian Sent is more versatile.

This is a great idea and hopefully they implement it someday. As it stands I don't feel like there's any need for me to promote my guys to war assests so I'll probably get them all to 20 and that'll be that. But if I could get a free Spectre pack or two for it, sure why not. I don't have anything against leveling Krogan Sentinel over and over and over and over.

EDIT: Human Vanguard is quite satisfying too, but that bug...that bug.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Re: Morinth

thats..

Now I kinda feel bad for her.
    If she spawns right after you take out the reaper AA cannon, well...there's a second, fresh Cain sitting right in front of you... I felt a slight guilty pleasure in using it to take out the single Banshee that spawned for me (and, in my universe, she wasn't Morinth).

Wait wait wait wait...
    THERE'S A SECOND CAIN AVAILABLE IN THAT PART?

I fought that ENTIRE WAVE on Insanity, just using basic guns. It was literally the hardest fight in the game for me, and during the bug out phase I got into the shuttle with a sliver of health remaining.

• Options
    My Salarian Infiltrator goes like this.

Sniper Rifle(Widow if you got it. Otherwise the best single shot you've got)

Energy Drain spec for shield regen/Damage resistance.
    Cloak specced for damage.
    Proximity mine Specced for Damage with the +20% damage from all sources mod.
    Class spec, specced for weight reduction and +20% headshot damage.

I completely ignore fitness because Salarian Infiltrator already gets an extra +100 shields and Cloak allows you to just run from any bad situations.

This discussion has been closed.