As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Take My [Chat] Away!

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Sympathy is irrelevant. It's about the best way to get to the goal of not having smokers annoy other people.

i am talking about people who just smoke while walking down the street

and a ban is going to do anything about that?

uh, yes?

it may not eradicate smoking outdoors because it's super hard to enforce and some people just don't care and will eat a ticket or whatever

but certainly some people- goody two shoes people who are very afraid of breaking the law- would think 'i'll just wait until i get home to light up'

but that's not really the point i'm trying to make, about the efficacy of such a ban

i'm mostly just saying i don't feel any sympathy for the treaded-upon smokers who are told they can't smoke in X places. carcinogenischwitz.

let's... not talk about sympathy here.

anyway

incentives and disincentives work better together

you tell people, hey don't smoke here, it's not allowed

and you say smoke here, look at how nice it is

and most people will do as told.

i'm not talking about what works best. you are having a separate conversation with yourself.

I know you aren't

I don't want to have the conversation you are having

Haha then don't talk to him when he's having it, jeez.

I can't get off without talking to chu

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Sympathy is irrelevant. It's about the best way to get to the goal of not having smokers annoy other people.

uh, yes?

it may not eradicate smoking outdoors because it's super hard to enforce and some people just don't care and will eat a ticket or whatever

but certainly some people- goody two shoes people who are very afraid of breaking the law- would think 'i'll just wait until i get home to light up'

but that's not really the point i'm trying to make, about the efficacy of such a ban

i'm mostly just saying i don't feel any sympathy for the treaded-upon smokers who are told they can't smoke in X places. carcinogenischwitz.

anyway

i'm not talking about what works best. you are having a separate conversation with yourself.

I know you aren't

well i don't want to have the conversation you are having!

so let's talk about dubstep, instead

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Hey chu, I learned this morning that the #1 place in the country to lose your cellphone is a coffee shop in Philly. What's up with that?

See: flagrant weed smoking in Philly, above on this page

• Options

uh, yes?

anyway

I know you aren't

it's like wubwubwub, but then it's like, wubwubwub

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I want to get into Draw Something but the drawing tools are so aggressively bad. I need to just embrace the MS Paint of it all, I guess.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Man Guild Wars 2 looks so exploration driven. Can't wait.

• Options
    I should probably shave before school.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Also I promise not to buy more smokes.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

uh, yes?

anyway

I know you aren't

it's like wubwubwub, but then it's like, wubwubwub

Actually it's like
    kick --- crash
    kick --kickcrash

And the wubs are incidental

TL DR on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Hence the descriptor 'wubstep'

see also: brostep, dumbstep

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    I want to get into Draw Something but the drawing tools are so aggressively bad. I need to just embrace the MS Paint of it all, I guess.

Don't do it! You start with 4 colors and have to unlock the rest. It's horribly horrible and awful. And bad.

It's not like it takes a few round either. It's somewhere verging on one hundred rounds played that you can unlock a color pack. You don't even get all the primary colors.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options

apparently some people are super fucking good at it

540828559_1332287238.jpeg

i don't get it

i mean i can't draw well even on paper but i can't imagine drawing that well without a super big screen where you get more precision

a finger's so imprecise!

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

sorry, the reddit hivemind has declared GW2 "Whack, yo."

• Options
    You can do stuff like that in MSPaint too if you are a masochist with too much time on your hands.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

apparently some people are super fucking good at it

540828559_1332287238.jpeg

i don't get it

i mean i can't draw well even on paper but i can't imagine drawing that well without a super big screen where you get more precision

a finger's so imprecise!

And suicide.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Welp, found out who is playing at the concert I am doing security for.

One Direction, some British boyband. Theres 12 guards and me. They are expecting seven thousand people.

wearegoingtodie.gif

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

sorry, the reddit hivemind has declared GW2 "Whack, yo."

There were a few negative reviews but there were also positive ones that disagreed completely with the negative ones, so we'll see.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »

Don't do it! You start with 4 colors and have to unlock the rest. It's horribly horrible and awful. And bad.

It's not like it takes a few round either. It's somewhere verging on one hundred rounds played that you can unlock a color pack. You don't even get all the primary colors.

Just buy the 99 cent version without ads. They give you enough coins to unlock a color pack right away, so you can at least have the primaries and secondaries. The fact that you can buy bombs seriously pisses me off though.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    man, these sharpie "pens" suck eggs.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Is it possible to lol at a thread without starting a meta-discussion on it? Because I am actually laughing out loud in amazement at a thread right now, but I don't want to fling [chat] into a discussion about the thread.

Suffice to say, some people in D&D have summoned stunned wtf laughter from me. I am shaking my head at you, other thread!

• Options
    Is it possible to lol at a thread without starting a meta-discussion on it? Because I am actually laughing out loud in amazement at a thread right now, but I don't want to fling [chat] into a discussion about the thread.

Suffice to say, some people in D&D have summoned stunned wtf laughter from me. I am shaking my head at you, other thread!

Is it the Community thread? It's the community thread, isn't it.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Director James Cameron is now the record holder for deepest solo dive after his submarine, "Deepsea Challenger" made it to the bottom of the Mariana Trench yesterday

• Options

yeah [chat]'s pretty terrible right now, i've been laughing at it too

• Options

Just leave it vague, that way people can jump down your throat while assuming you have opinions about bicycles or safety razors.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    i am so happy smoking is now outdoors only like, everywhere in america. it's bizarre to think how recently it was that people smoked fucking EVERYWHERE. ugh.

BUT FREEDOM

• Options

It is not! It is a political thread, which is why I am reluctant to explain what I'm laughing at.

• Options
    You can do stuff like that in MSPaint too if you are a masochist with too much time on your hands.

Which does make the actually good drawings from MS Paint all the crazier, but yeah

Masochism

I think Draw Something drawings I've seen have generally worked only if you come at it painting style. Trying to get good linework out of that pen tool is doubtful, but you could block out color, probably start with darker tones and then dab layers of lighter tones on top, working your way to the highlights.

I liked the procedural pen on the other drawing guessing game: it was quick and amusing.

• Options
    i am so happy smoking is now outdoors only like, everywhere in america. it's bizarre to think how recently it was that people smoked fucking EVERYWHERE. ugh.

BUT FREEDOM

WHAT ABOUT MY FREEDOM TO ENJOY A NICE APRIL STROLL WITHOUT COUGHING LIKE I HAVE TUBERCULOSIS

• Options
    I was in some store and I heard what I think was the "Never Ending Story" theme song.

It was a weird moment.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I have opinions about a certain tape library company. OPINIONS.

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »

Just leave it vague, that way people can jump down your throat while assuming you have opinions about bicycles or safety razors.

I only shave with a Gillette disposable razor, and I only do it with a dry face while riding a fixie.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

One Direction, some British boyband. Theres 12 guards and me. They are expecting seven thousand people.

wearegoingtodie.gif

Trampled to death by 12 year olds. Man, that's a terrible way to go.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

It is not! It is a political thread, which is why I am reluctant to explain what I'm laughing at.

You should probably refrain, then.

I mean, I'm already getting defensive, and I haven't been in a political thread in like a week. :P

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
  • Options
    If they legalized weed and subsidized vaporizers, nobody would smoke cigs ever again

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

wearegoingtodie.gif

Trampled to death by 12 year olds. Man, that's a terrible way to go.

sounds like heaven to Drez

• Options
    wazilla wrote: »

Man

The fuckin' Freemium Age, I tell you

• Options
    Oh god, 5 weeks and then I'm done with school forever.

I do not feel good about this.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    course now chu is taking an hour to draw cuz he doesn't want to be as awesome as me

• Options
    mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular

wearegoingtodie.gif

There is such a thing as a bad way to die.

Getting trampled by 12 year olds while trying to protect the newest Simon Cowell based manufactured pop supergroup would proooobably be one of them.

This discussion has been closed.