Options

Democracy on the [chat]

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    what is world of darkness

also mmo permadeath is aaaawesome
    The super goth Vampire LARPing RPG.

I think the most recent edition isn't actually bad mechanically compared to the earlier clusterfucks, but the userbase is still the bottom of the barrel.

is it even more goth than VtM?

It is VtM.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

It's the setting for White Wolf's Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Mummy, and Frankenberry game settings. And MMO permadeath from PVP will end badly.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

I think the most recent edition isn't actually bad mechanically compared to the earlier clusterfucks, but the userbase is still the bottom of the barrel.

That is what it is.

Also, LARPing RPG is kind of a nonsense. I feel ashamed for writing that.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

It is VtM.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Can we talk about how excellent ME2 was?

Because I just finished, and it was excellent.

It was pretty excellent. I particularly liked
    Everything with Legion. Just everything. The Reaper IFF mission, his loyalty mission, his conversations with Shepard, his spat with Tali. Just everything.

Tali's loyalty mission.

The suicide mission

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Been reading a book in the Sookie Stackhouse books. True Blood, I think is the TV show.

Reading the one that takes place in Jackson.

It's... surprisingly not terrible.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

I remember their old LARP system wasn't that bad, or at least wasn't painfully nerdy as tests were all resolved with rock paper scissors, which I found to be quite excellent. Not that I would know anything about LARP systems...

That said, of all the people I've played Tabletop games with, the least well socially adjusted amongst them I met through WoD groups.
    probably only because I didn't play Pathfinder

EDIT: Least well... most poorly? Probably the latter.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »

Everything with Legion. Just everything. The Reaper IFF mission, his loyalty mission, his conversations with Shepard, his spat with Tali. Just everything.

Tali's loyalty mission.

The suicide mission
    The only thing I didn't like about ME2 story wise was Jack. Thankfully if you play a brand new game of ME3, there is no Jack to be found.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    permadeath has a strong tradition of support in the community MMO subculture.

I've never been a fan of it, but it was the Mac vs. PC of the NWN persistent worlds.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    ah mah gah vtm is like my hate prism

focuses my hate into a singular beam of white hot hate

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Tali's loyalty mission.

The suicide mission
    The only thing I didn't like about ME2 story wise was Jack. Thankfully if you play a brand new game of ME3, there is no Jack to be found.

You missed out. (ME3)
    Jack wasn't a terrible character. And she becomes awesome.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    they should make it so if you die in the MMO you die in real life

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

MMO can only be played with a shock mouse.

• Options

Tali's loyalty mission.

The suicide mission

You missed out. (ME3)
    Pfft, I got to meet Anderson's love interest instead of a raging psychopath.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Some people really get their panties into a twist about a book and plot holes.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

That would be incredible

"To log in, please attach the shock tassles to your nipples"

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Permadeath is sorta like S&M. Except you can do it alone while eating cheetos.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    How the fuck do I not recognize a single person on the PAX board?

I'm pretty sure I spend an unhealthy amount of time here, where did 400 people I don't know come from?

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options

That would be incredible

Some guy modded an original XBox controller to this with the vibration function.

Also: I have a laser tag set which does exactly this, admittedly at kind of a mild level, but it's amazing how it builds up.

• Options

I'm pretty sure I spend an unhealthy amount of time here, where did 400 people I don't know come from?

The PAX board seems to be where people who don't really post on the forums end up. It's odd.

• Options

Tali's loyalty mission.

The suicide mission
    legion is my favorite character by far. it's lame that you get him so late in the game.

basically everything in ME2 is amazing except for the final boss and mineral scanning.

the DLC is insanely good. If you play ME2 without doing all the dlc you are missing out on so much.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Diablo 2 hardcore mode is the only way to play the game properly.

Gooey, back me up on this.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    I am going to meet online comrades tonight for the first time, to drink. This shall be interesting

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options

10,000 volts every time you type /dance

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

Tali's loyalty mission.

The suicide mission

You missed out. (ME3)
    You actually get both if Jack survived ME2.

Her character really develops and she becomes awesome:
    Her experiences on your ship have taught her how to love, and now she is like a hard-ass gym teacher for the psychic children who are her new family.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

Tali's loyalty mission.

The suicide mission

You missed out. (ME3)
    This isn't an instead thing. You meet both

Psn:wazukki
  • Options

That would be incredible

Some guy modded an original XBox controller to this with the vibration function.

Also: I have a laser tag set which does exactly this, admittedly at kind of a mild level, but it's amazing how it builds up.

There were some arcade games that did that as a test of pain tolerance. See how long you can grab two metal rods zapping you.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular

That would be incredible

There were some arcade games that did that as a test of pain tolerance. See how long you can grab two metal rods zapping you.

I always figured those were fake, like they just vibrated enough that it felt like a mild shock.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Yessss

Those of you who recall my impassioned post on the double fine backers forum about why there should be a female main character:

The poll is now 249/215 in favor of female. I changed it into a 5 point lead!

Or, you know, that was going to happen anyway, but again, I would like to believe in the amazing mind changing power of my oratory.

I don't recall it. You didn't link it.

Or maybe you did, but I forgot all about it after asking you to link it.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Tali's loyalty mission.

The suicide mission
    I didn't like her in ME2 and I liked her in ME3. ME3 is great like that.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

actually it is

as long as you can accept death, that is. especially in the upper levels where it gets so much harder.

it adds a whole different dimension of suspense to the game

I probably wont play d3 on hardcore though, just because i dont have time anymore to just say "welp" and start over when my dude dies

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    The amazing thing about ME3 is I thought I was thorough going through it...but holy shit I still missed a bunch of stuff. That whole game is amazingly dialog rich.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

The PAX board seems to be where people who don't really post on the forums end up. It's odd.

That they had their own Secret Santa is proof that you are correct.

• Options
    Thom. You don't gain anything from playing a fresh game of ME3. You just miss out. On a lot.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

actually it is

as long as you can accept death, that is. especially in the upper levels where it gets so much harder.

RIP Axecop.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Psychological disorder hypothesis time:

ADD without the H (ADHD-pi) is a more relaxed phenotypic expression of disorganized schizophrenia.

ADHD is actually a combination of genetic factors for disorganized schizophrenia and antisocial disorder.

Interesting. And if true, that sucks.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular

actually it is

I probably wont play d3 on hardcore though, just because i dont have time anymore to just say "welp" and start over when my dude dies

Exactly why permadeath is wrong. It's like restarting an essay every time you make a typo.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Yessss

Those of you who recall my impassioned post on the double fine backers forum about why there should be a female main character:

The poll is now 249/215 in favor of female. I changed it into a 5 point lead!

Or, you know, that was going to happen anyway, but again, I would like to believe in the amazing mind changing power of my oratory.

I don't recall it. You didn't link it.

Or maybe you did, but I forgot all about it after asking you to link it.

forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/22656405#Comment_22656405

• Options
    If you have permadeath, by god you should make absolutely sure I will not die to bullshit.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

Tali's loyalty mission.

The suicide mission

You missed out. (ME3)
    You actually get both if Jack survived ME2.

Her character really develops and she becomes awesome:
    Her experiences on your ship have taught her how to love, and now she is like a hard-ass gym teacher for the psychic children who are her new family.
    Maybe this is just due to me recently watching BSG, but.... Jack is Starbuck.

Psn:wazukki
This discussion has been closed.