Options

Democracy on the [chat]

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    that bieber song is like he's trying to be justin timberlake but lacks the sexual gravitas

yeah he's not quite there yet

he needs to get laid more and do a bit of hard drinkin

don't need booze to be a sexy man sigmund you have a problem and it can only be fixed with christ's love

he'll have way more entertaining stories to tell his friends

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    \Will Bieber end up being a successful JT or a forgotten JTT?

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Bieber's kind of in a pickle

Timberlake basically created what a male pop star should be these days, and laid out the map of transitioning to more serious acting, comedy, etc

So Bieber should follow that plan

But then there isn't going to be anything he does that's particularly original - Use Disney as your career stepping stone? JT did it. Appear with Lonely Island? Oh JT did that first. Show up on Sportscenter? JT did it. Make a smash album singin sexy tunes to ladies (and mens) with that nice high voice? Yeah, JT did it, and you sound like him now.

I guess originality doesn't really matter that much as long as you execute well. Or, in the world of pop music, even if you don't (cough Chris Brown cough).

What I'm saying is Timberlake needs to make a new fucking album.

that last line is the most important one

i still puff out my cheeks and sing hey b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-baby in the shower

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I want an all beatboxing JT album personally

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I highly doubt chapelle saw the level of success his show reached coming... I don't really think anyone did. \

Seriously the show design was pretty rough trying to include musical guests sand shit

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    People who don't like JT's solo career are closet cases and nazis

• Options
    Kagera wrote: »
    I highly doubt chapelle saw the level of success his show reached coming... I don't really think anyone did. \

Seriously the show design was pretty rough trying to include musical guests sand shit

Nobody took a sand shit on the show man

• Options
    Will Bieber end up being a successful JT or a forgotten JTT?

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    The Secret World's setting interested me. Then they finally showed footage of gameplay.

Fucking WoW.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    I remember growing up and seeing all the girls listen to N*SYNC with that dork

And then years later I hear Justin Timberlake's stuff again

I like him a lot more now!

Not that that should be surprising, but it is amusing to me when I think about it

• Options
    WoW clones are worthy of at least one month and/or one character to max level

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    WoW clones are worthy of at least one month and/or one character to max level

I don't even trial them now.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I want like 15 doughnuts

maybe 12

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I want like 15 doughnuts

maybe 12

don't do this

don't let it happen

• Options
    If you didn't want people to laugh at your racially charged humor maybe you shouldn't have used racially charged humor!

--Captain Hindsight

please tell me you're not one of the people who feels wronged or abandoned by dave chappelle

no not at all but I also think it's a bit disingenuous to go "you were supposed to laugh WITH ME not AT ME abloo abloo abloo"

It's totally ok to look back and say, wow, I shoulda thought that one through before I had white frat kids shouting I'M RICH BITCH at me. But to then say guuuyyys you're doing it wrong *stomp*

eh. Not buying it

i don't understand your argument

It's not an argument really? More like racially charged humor is ALWAYS going to have people laugh for the wrong reasons, and when it kills, you're going to be asked to do more

and suddenly you've gotten yourself in a spot you don't want to be in. The butt of a joke instead of the jokester.

well, right. i understand what you're saying, that his initial ambitions might have been unrealistic- but what is the 'bullshit, i'm not buying it' part? it seems like he just got uncomfortable once he was placed face to face with some of those issues (plus the other issues that may have contributed to him leaving)

i'm not really sure what you're saying except 'he should have seen it coming'

that's exactly what I'm saying. He should have seen it coming and I don't buy that he didn't. Faustian deal etc.

i guess i don't see how that changes anything. maybe he was okay knowing that some assholes would laugh in a tactless way... but bumping into it face to face just unsettled him. i don't really see how that's especially hypocritical or dishonest or whatever.

Look. Ludious is just saying he's never gotten himself into a situation where how he thought he would feel was different than what he really felt. Which is why he using known as mr perfect six pack.

• Options
    I want like 15 doughnuts

maybe 12

don't do this

don't let it happen

not a chance

• Options
    edited April 2012
    If you didn't want people to laugh at your racially charged humor maybe you shouldn't have used racially charged humor!

--Captain Hindsight

please tell me you're not one of the people who feels wronged or abandoned by dave chappelle

no not at all but I also think it's a bit disingenuous to go "you were supposed to laugh WITH ME not AT ME abloo abloo abloo"

It's totally ok to look back and say, wow, I shoulda thought that one through before I had white frat kids shouting I'M RICH BITCH at me. But to then say guuuyyys you're doing it wrong *stomp*

eh. Not buying it

i don't understand your argument

It's not an argument really? More like racially charged humor is ALWAYS going to have people laugh for the wrong reasons, and when it kills, you're going to be asked to do more

and suddenly you've gotten yourself in a spot you don't want to be in. The butt of a joke instead of the jokester.

well, right. i understand what you're saying, that his initial ambitions might have been unrealistic- but what is the 'bullshit, i'm not buying it' part? it seems like he just got uncomfortable once he was placed face to face with some of those issues (plus the other issues that may have contributed to him leaving)

i'm not really sure what you're saying except 'he should have seen it coming'

that's exactly what I'm saying. He should have seen it coming and I don't buy that he didn't. Faustian deal etc.

i guess i don't see how that changes anything. maybe he was okay knowing that some assholes would laugh in a tactless way... but bumping into it face to face just unsettled him. i don't really see how that's especially hypocritical or dishonest or whatever.

Look. Ludious is just saying he's never gotten himself into a situation where how he thought he would feel was different than what he really felt. Which is why he using known as mr perfect six pack.

wow that was kinda mean. I mean you made your point but damn.

Anyway, I think you guys are making more of what I said that I meant. I just think that racial humor is playing with fire. That's really the short and long with it.

Prometheus fire from the gods, etc

only this time the fire are crackhead jokes and prometheus is david chapelle, and pandora's box are college frat houses

Ludious on
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Will Bieber end up being a successful JT or a forgotten JTT?

he's way beyond JTT

• Options
    and what the hell

Wanda Sykes is Pandora

• Options
    JTT doesn't belong in this conversation

• Options

Not that that should be surprising, but it is amusing to me when I think about it

forged in the fires of Orlando's heady boyband days

one survivor emerges

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I want like 15 doughnuts

maybe 12

don't do this

don't let it happen

not a chance

I ate about a thousand calories of cookies last night. It was very regrettable and I can see the pound sticking around just like that. It is fucking bullshit.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    this is the best thing I've heard from Usher in a good while

http://youtu.be/hJBeZ2cDGQQ

• Options
    "is mitt Romney stiff?"
    Mitt's wife: "I guess we better unzip him and let the real mitt out because he is not stiff"

This is an actual thing she said. I swear they are trying to win the talk show comedian vote because they make it so easy.

• Options
    plenty of time to lift weights and convert to islam

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    like where the fuck did i put those pictures

i know i put them somewhere cuz how else did i get them to facebook

but where

poo
  • Options

forged in the fires of Orlando's heady boyband days

one survivor emerges
    Survivor indeed. I heard their manager liked the boy flesh.

• Options
    and what the hell

Wanda Sykes is Pandora

?

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I want like 15 doughnuts

maybe 12
    You better be dunking them in coffee.

And if you get any with fake cream filling, so help me

• Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Dave chappelle had deeper reasons than your white washing (ha) of why he left.

I think he didn't. Sort of.

He has very intellectual parents, and I suspect he cottoned on (yeah I said it) that he was getting so popular that it wasn't subversively tweaking people's sensibilities anymore, it was reinforcing them, or creating new ones.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    usher doing dubstep

van she's new song has a dubstep breakdown

critical mass!

hopefully the trend will pass soon

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Podly wrote: »
    usher doing dubstep

van she's new song has a dubstep breakdown

critical mass!

hopefully the trend will pass soon

are you hoping it will

drop

off the map?

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    I want like 15 doughnuts

maybe 12
    You better be dunking them in coffee.

And if you get any with fake cream filling, so help me

IF I DID (and don't worry chu there's literally no chance of this happening)

I'd get boston creme, bavarian creme, vanilla creme

I'd get all the fucking cremes bro

• Options
    what the fuck is my life

poo
  • Options
    what the fuck is my life

a series of increasingly poor decisions

same as us all

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Each poor decision teaching you all the wrong lessons, paving the way for even worse decisions

• Options
    the good thing about constantly making bad decisions is you have less time to regret each one!

• Options
    im so confused where all these pictures i had from africa went

clearly i put them on my computer because clearly they are on facebook but clearly i cannot find them

poo
This discussion has been closed.