As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I kickstarted that. It's god damn gorgeous.

• Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Yeah jumped on this grabbing some bases and might still grab some other stuff as well. Looks fantastic.

steam_sig.png
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Oh, that's you? Well shit. Good stuff.

Or... are you trying to say that you backed it? :P

SJ on
    SJ wrote: »

Backed it. That's what I was expressing with the verb form of kickstarting...I had performed the action of kickstarting the project...I assume that the donators become the kickstarters? Perhaps that's wrong?

Regardless, it's pretty and laser cut wood smells really fantastic...so I facilitated the projects completion by providing a portion of my personal funds to them via Amazon.com. Does that crystallize things for you SJ?

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    $30 for a movement tray that nice is sorely tempting me, since it's an amazing deal.

• mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    Perhaps I'm just a cheap nerd, but I'd really like someone to come out with buildings like that for $15. I want to make a village / city, not two houses

E26cO.jpg
  • mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Edit: wrong thread. I was thrown by ElderCat's post being in 3 different ones :)

mr_mich on
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    wrong thread :P

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!

Backed it. That's what I was expressing with the verb form of kickstarting...I had performed the action of kickstarting the project...I assume that the donators become the kickstarters? Perhaps that's wrong?

Regardless, it's pretty and laser cut wood smells really fantastic...so I facilitated the projects completion by providing a portion of my personal funds to them via Amazon.com. Does that crystallize things for you SJ?

Okay, so you're a backer. I've never heard anyone say they 'kickstarted' one of them unless they were the one actually putting the product out there.

Maybe Anon runs kickstarter.com itself!

Okay, so you're a backer. I've never heard anyone say they 'kickstarted' one of them unless they were the one actually putting the product out there.

See, then I was wrong. I always thought you kickstarted something if you funded it. If you were using kickstarter to gather funds, I thought it was "I used Kickstarter, and was kickstarted."

The more you know, huh?

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Saw those dudes at PAX, the terrain is pretty fuckin sweet.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    ElderCat wrote: »
    Open it, you know you want to. If you need more I have about ten of them still sealed....
    ... why?

They're selling for about $200 now on eBay. If I sold them now I would double my money. Supplies are getting more and more limited, price keeps going up. Know any other ways to easily and safely do that??

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • PetrikovPetrikov Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So I'm just going to breeze on in here and act like I'm not completely new to these forums by asking if anybody knows whether or not the new Eldar codex rumors hold any merit.

Petrikov on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Nice avatar, meat.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    Nice avatar, meat.

Thanks, master. I'm just going to assume you're talking about the Ordinator one sense I've changed it about 5 times in the past 5 minutes. Couldn't get the thumbnail right.

• AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Petrikov wrote: »
    So I'm just going to breeze on in here and act like I'm not completely new to these forums by asking if anybody knows whether or not the new Eldar codex rumors hold any merit.

Which batch? As far as I am aware, nothing solid is known. There were some mutterings a while ago which can't really be verified in any way and seemed a bit out there.

But then again, when Codex Grey Knights got leaked people thought it was a fake because how dumb Draigo's fluff was. So who knows basically.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
    edited April 2012

See, then I was wrong. I always thought you kickstarted something if you funded it. If you were using kickstarter to gather funds, I thought it was "I used Kickstarter, and was kickstarted."

The more you know, huh?

The most important thing is that you did A Good Thing because that project needs to make it.

SJ on
    edited April 2012
    Asher wrote: »

Which batch? As far as I am aware, nothing solid is known. There were some mutterings a while ago which can't really be verified in any way and seemed a bit out there.

But then again, when Codex Grey Knights got leaked people thought it was a fake because how dumb Draigo's fluff was. So who knows basically.

There had been mumblings at the store about a new Codex. Only specifics I heard were that the Corsairs were getting some love in it. Seemed somewhat reasonable with the model prototypes from a while back.

Petrikov on
    I doubt Corsairs would make it into the main book considering they just got a whole range and army list in Imperial Armour 11. Most of the scuttlebutt I've been hearing is about Chaos, Dark Angels or 6th ed. However, GW has got pretty good at clamping down on information, so it is possible, but highly unlikely that Eldar could be out next month for all we know.

edited April 2012
    More than anything I'm just horny for some new models. Playing against a well painted Dark Eldar army makes me want to weep. I've heard less than desirable things about Chaos.

Petrikov on
    Pray for new Swooping Hawks and new Warp Spiders.

edited April 2012
    Oh God yes. Hopefully they'd look something like this.

Game wise I've managed to make Swooping Hawks useful on occasion just to annoy infantry. Hope that's going to change soon.

Petrikov on
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    More than anything I'm just horny for some new models. Playing against a well painted Dark Eldar army makes me want to weep. I've heard less than desirable things about Chaos.

What have you heard about Chaos that isn't pants-wettingly awesome?

What have you heard about Chaos that isn't pants-wettingly awesome?

Some fuckery about Thousand Sons having to roll extra for something that I don't remember. I've been out of touch for a while, but I don't recall anything good.

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    They already have to roll for movement and to see if they can even move if the sorcerer is dead, but I really can't see what else they'd have to roll for.

Oh well, I'm going to keep my head in the sand and imagine awesome things until the new dex actually comes out.

• W2W2 Registered User regular
    I was wondering if you guys might be able to help me with a few questions - I'm looking at selling off my Space Marines and I was wondering what the best way to do that would be. I'm thinking eBay.

My collection's about 2000 points (as well as bitz) and is in varying stages of painting and assembly. So my question is, am I best to:

a) sell everything as one large army lot

b) sell the painted stuff as one playable, ready-to-go army lot (probably 1000 points) and sell the rest as one big lot

c) sell the painted stuff as one lot and the rest as individual lots (by squads, etc.)

d) sell everything by squads/units

I figure d) to be my best option, but I wasn't sure. How have you guys sold your mans in the past?

• TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    The more broken up it is the more you'll be able to make. The only time it's better to sell an army in a lot if it's a full army painted to a high standard, ready to go.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, that's what I figured. The painting is "okay, not horrible" but I'm aware that unless it's "really good" it's essentially worthless.

Thanks!

W2 on
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Man, new Eldar would be rad.

I wish I knew what was next. I had to get lead right when I exhausted everything I knew about the upcoming schedule. IJust the nebulous '6th Edition' that everyone and their cousin already knows is coming.

edit: that's not true! I forgot, there's a second wave coming for one of the armies. Not hard to guess what.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    Tau.

• NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    totally tau

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I was saying to my brother recently that even though I had zero interest in Necrons or Dark Eldar, they were so well done that I ended up getting loads of them.
    I said I was worried what would happen when they got around to releasing the factions that I was actually looking forward to, like Chaos, Tau and Eldar.

He said for the next 12 months my wallet would be crying.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    Well, that's a 1 in 3 chance of being Eldar!

I'll take it.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I'm like 90% sure we'll see 6th before anything else, and i'm like 90% sure we'll see 6th at UK gamesday, so...back to the waiting game (this is my gut, nothing solid about this)

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    Took my templars to the FLGS yesterday, first time I played them in a few months. Had a termi marshall w/LC,SS, adamantine mantle with 3X LC and 2X TH/SS termis in a LRC, two dreads with TL-LC (one had a flamer), 3X typhoons, 2x 9 initiates in rhinos w/fist & melta, 6 initiates w/fist and plasma in a razorback with TL-LC, and the EC.

Tied a khorn deamon list because teh game ended turn 5, and he had just mananged to tie me on kill points, had 2 squads of his about to die next turn. Best part of this game was my marshall and a single TH/SS terminator making 7 invulns each, making the deamons take a shit ton of fearless wounds that wiped a bloodletter squad, killed a couple of blood crushers, and wound #3 of 4 on a blood thirster.

Then I played a mostly foot ork list. Big mek with SAG, the named wierdboy, 3X 30 sluggas with powerclaw/big shootas, 3 loota squads of various sizes, 3 warbuggies in a squadron, looted wagon with the big gun, deff dread, and 6 deff coptas. The dreads exploaded the deff dread and looted wagon turn 2 (it was dawn of war), both exploded in the middle of a bunch of orks. The marshall and termies had a field day with all the orks. Then ended up killing/breaking two slugga mobs that had about 25 boys left (including zogwarts turn 2) and two low number loota squads w/the mek for the cost of a wound off the marshall and three of the terminators. 17 i5 powerweapon attacks on the charge with rerolls on hits and wounds just shreads orks.

EC and the two 9 man squads multi charged a boyz mob and some stormboyz that were assaulting a dread, wiped them with no losses and the squad without the EC then charged teh 4th mob with ~20 boyz left and wiped them loosing two initiates.

The typhoons and razorback, killed off the coptas befor they could do anything, then got 25 hits between frag missiles and bolters on a big loota squad with the mek. What was left the marshall finished off.

edited April 2012
    Dayspring wrote: »
    I was saying to my brother recently that even though I had zero interest in Necrons or Dark Eldar, they were so well done that I ended up getting loads of them.
    I said I was worried what would happen when they got around to releasing the factions that I was actually looking forward to, like Chaos, Tau and Eldar.

He said for the next 12 months my wallet would be crying.

This happened to me as well. Bought a box of Kabalites, Hellions, and Wracks, as well as the codex for the artwork.

Also, I was wondering if anybody here has tried out those 'counts as' Adeptus Mechanus lists.

Petrikov on
  • saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    It looks like seven months is the longest we've had to wait between codex releases for the last few years. It's been five since Necrons. Another two months puts us in June, which is when people expect sixth edition to come out.

We MD PA'ers Space Hulked tonight. It was great.

• MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    I'm like 90% sure we'll see 6th before anything else, and i'm like 90% sure we'll see 6th at UK gamesday, so...back to the waiting game (this is my gut, nothing solid about this)
    I have similiar suspicions.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
This discussion has been closed.