As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Red Faction: Armageddon - The chances of anything coming from Mars... - Out Now

124»

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Not armageddon, but I recently got guerrilla from the steam sale.

I just want to come in and say that this hammer is fucking excellent.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm rather enjoying the game. The Single Player mode is definately a better story mode than the sandbox style in RF:G. Yet to try Infestation or Ruin mode. The Gamestop Preorder flamethrower is totally tits. Small and medium sized bugs fucking melt if they get in the way.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just started up the game after installing and I have the best bug ever.

Every time I hit something with the maul it disconnects my controller. I am punting stuff SO HARD that the shockwave is coming out of the game and affecting my xbox.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just a heads up: there's a game-killing bug about 20% into the game that involves a gondola on 360. You throw the switch, and a second later the 360 hardfreezes. It will do this every time you reload from that checkpoint. According to Volition, the way around it is to have a user save near that point and load from that if it crashes once.

If you don't have the user save (like I did), congrats, you get to start the game over. Thankfully, every New Game, no matter at which point in your playthrough that you start it, is a New Game+, so your previously-acquired salvage and boosts will be there in the new game waiting for you.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just a heads up: there's a game-killing bug about 20% into the game that involves a gondola on 360. You throw the switch, and a second later the 360 hardfreezes. It will do this every time you reload from that checkpoint. According to Volition, the way around it is to have a user save near that point and load from that if it crashes once.

Yet another game that clearly hasn't been QA'ed properly. I wish I could say I was surprised.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That's not much of a solution at all.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I'd be more pissed about it if it wasn't for the upgrade carryover. They say it'll get patched, hopefully soon. Thankfully there was at least a workaround, even if it shouldn't have been in the final product in the first place.

I'm thinking that the Volition A-Team (or at least the larger share of their dev team) were on Saints Row 3 instead of this.

To be fair to RF:A, me and my magnet gun are fucking rolling alien bitches right now. My specialty is juggling xenos. At this point, it's fair for me to say that it's never leaving my loadout.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The magnet gun is pretty awesome, sending a berserker flying through 3 buildings that slamming into his buddy perched on a wall never really gets old.

I always keep it, the assault rifle and the banshees on me then switch between the rocket launcher and plasma cannon for the fourth.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Apparently, THQ pulled the plug on Red Faction. Yikes. I guess making a made-for-TV movie did not help in any way, which is sad because I enjoyed Guerilla but hadn't picked up Armageddon yet.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I rented Armageddon and really enjoyed it. I wish I had bought it now because the game was really fun and deserved to be at least somewhat successful. The magnet gun is one of the greatest concepts ever.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Gyral wrote:
    Apparently, THQ pulled the plug on Red Faction. Yikes. I guess making a made-for-TV movie did not help in any way, which is sad because I enjoyed Guerilla but hadn't picked up Armageddon yet.

I'm hoping this is just some misdirection until they get the Saints Row universe in sync with the Red Faction universe. I want to command an entire gang of Space Assholes.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    IMO, they went completely the wrong direction with the game, making it more linear was a bad move and put many off. On top of that, not a whole lot of coverage close to release. I didn't even know it was out that week until the actual release day.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Big Isy wrote:
    IMO, they went completely the wrong direction with the game, making it more linear was a bad move and put many off. On top of that, not a whole lot of coverage close to release. I didn't even know it was out that week until the actual release day.

I agree.

I personally didn't find the game bad or even all that boring. . . it just felt so very generic to me I guess. Fighting brown bugs, in brown tunnels, with neat ass weapons. Plus I felt that, while I could destroy buildings and other things, there was rarely a cause or even an opportunity to (and completely wrecking shit is one of the main reasons I love Red Faction). The story did throw a twist or two I did not see coming though, that was neat.

end game spoiler
    Through the entire time I was playing the game I was saying to myself "WTF you got a wrist-thingy that can rebuild anything! Why wasn't rebuilding the terraformer high on your to-do list?!"

Then at the end of the game the main dude is like,

"Holy shit I got this wrist-thingy, lets rebuild the terraformer!"

gah.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I liked RFA. I'm sad they killed the series.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CubemonkeyCubemonkey Registered User regular
    Anyone pick this up during the recent sale?

I did. Enjoying it a great deal.

Stahl - 50 Sage - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship
  • Options
    I picked it up about a month after it came out and I still haven't played it yet. I've just kept getting distracted by other things. I really will have to get around to putting this in. After all, I enjoyed the demo.

Of course, getting around to playing this is going to have to wait until after I'm done with Batman: Arkham City.

MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    Just picked it up from the Gamefly sale for $6.50. Hell yeah.

"You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I got it from Gamefly. Played the first level, yawned, took out the disc. I'm not even sure where it is anymore.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    a year later, anyone want to grind a couple multiplayer trophies with me on the ps3?

also this game was a lot better than it gets credit for, i thought.

• Options
    I'd be interested but unfortunately my copy of the game is for the Xbox 360.

Also, I still haven't gotten round to playing this yet. And looking at all the stuff stacked up in my 'still to play' pile, it's probably going to be a while longer yet. Well, I'll get around to it... eventually.

MGRSig2.jpg